I am OK, thanks (Before I say goodbye)

jerdge

Hello all.

I could write pages and pages (you know that I actually could :D ) but I would probably lose track while doing it. Furthermore, I am informing you all of my grown disinterest towards CN: to be frank, to me it would make little sense to put any real effort in order to write down all that, once, I might have wanted to say in such an occasion... And that even if me or this event had any special relevance, which we have not.

Long story short: my lack of interest for CN grew to the point that I decided to just drift away. CN is a stage, we all have our exits and entrances and we all play many parts. Mine is at the end.

As it would be impolite to just leave/go completely inactive, and I know that some would be uneasy at the thought that I might have incurred in some serious misfortune, I decided to make this post: I am well, everything in my life is OK, I am just leaving the game. My exit should be around the end of the month, as I last logged in the game on April 30th and I don't intend to do it again. Until that moment, I will remain a GPA member, in game and in spirit but not entirely in practice (i.e.: I don't guarantee that I will check the forums at all, save probably this thread).

I created Gaela almost eight years ago and, while I never became really relevant on the global stage, I did a lot of things in this game. Over five years in the GPA, with well over 5,000 posts in the Agency's forums (a very lot of which posts are probably exceedingly long and thought-out ones) indicate that my efforts went most to try affect the Neutral Menace's destiny in CN. I have the presumption of having achieved a lot in that, helping the Agency remain effective and proactive in Foreign Affairs, Defense, internal democracy and transparency, also trying to help for any sort of daily or emergency, big or small need.
I will however restrain myself from boring you with the details of what I think have been my achievements in the GPA, also for the very good reason that not even just one of them would have been possible without all the other wonderful people that formed, and that still form the Agency.
Let me instead drop, for the amusement of those that will remember them, short mentions of my past times as a crazy Hitchhiker (and Härmlin), and of my involvement in the LoFN even before that - really a lot of time ago. Any role I might have or haven't played in any sort of secret or quiet organization - real or imagined - will instead remain unmentioned for obvious reasons.

I had several strong ideas about what to do in CN, ideas which unfortunately I always lacked the time to really try implement. I suppose that such is just the nature of games: too often we can dedicate them only the scraps of our life. Which is probably healthy, anyway.

But enough with my ravings about myself! I will instead thank the ones of you that made this an enjoyable experience: friends or - more rarely - worthy foes, you all contributed to my fun, for which I thank you heartily.
In actual random order, and certainly forgetting several ones (to my shame), I wish to say goodbye to probablamenteno, Hime Themis, AwesomeDog, Walford, Don Chele, Bad-Juju, Ephriam Grey, Jericthegreat, Count Rupert, Morath, The Thing, Baron Of Beef, Caladin, Queen Kamanawanalea, Dynasty, Electron Sponge, Belisarius, Shamshir, BartSimpson, FISHGUTS, Loriean, Cerridwyn, Lord Boris, pudge1975, Sigrun Vapneir, El Presidente, KingSrqt, Imperator, John mathews, Benfinan, Pippedy, DarkMistress, Francesca, Stewie, Unknown Smurf, Azaghul, Gopherbashi, IYIyth, Lord Rav, Rayvon, Viluin, Iron Chef, nitiot, Almight Grub, MIBHG, Aparte, Ennui the Boring, DevastationStation, Mogar, Lennox, Apriland, Antonio Salovega VI, Grossman, Ernesto Che Guevara, euclid, Dajobo, Bilrow, Crushtania, Sigrid, Dragonshy, shirunei, Phatz, Heft, Roquentin, Arrnea, Steve Buscemi, Kurdanak, Rebel Virginia, Sorum, QuiGon Jinn, Thijs12b, Rooman33, White Chocolate, Bob Janova, Printer635, cpuwhiz11, Samwise, Silaeth, Inst, Bill N Ted, nik718, dy Cazaril, Coach, Luckao, Invader Zim, Methrage, Schattenmann, Working Class Ruler, Duxin, Freelancer, Shankus Maximus, Shaka Zulu, M_a_C_a, Asa Phillips, Anschluss, Azure, Mark8240, Chairman Hal, Spinoza.
(Apologies to those that I had meaningful personal interaction with, but which I inevitably forgot. I am old, my memory is fuzzy and there's just too many people to remember. I actually have no excuses, but well... it is what it is.)

Parting is such sweet sorrow... It's better to end it here and now.
Take care. :)

Final_zpszbbnn5ao.png
(you can listen to this)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tl;dr     but are you quitting CN because on o ya baby's nation, it says:      Your time is coming soon, Jerdge....

and you just know you're gonna get destroyed?

Edited by Lulzist

Jerdge... what are you doing?  I won't patronise you and tell you what to do to reignite your interest.  I get where you're coming from - I've felt somewhat similar recently - and I hope you can regain some semblance of enthusiasm for the game at some point in the future, and you not deleting does afford me some hope on that front.  All of that said, it's disappointing for the game to lose one of the very few neutrals who's contributed like you have down the years.

Whatever you do, I wish you all the best.

I'll miss ya :)

Never agreed with you Post-MHA, and didn't agree with you much before -- but a solid addition to this community and hope everything is well for you in the other realm!

Here's a pan galactic gargle blaster, and remember to always keep your towel handy.

:d

Edited by IYIyTh

It's been a pleasure, jerdge, and don't be a stranger.  You have been a moment of sanity and clarity in a sea of posers, flip players, try hards, and frustrated Napoleons.  Whatever else people want to say about "neutrality", you did your way.

I'd try to talk you out of quitting, but ultimately whether or not someone sticks around here is a very personal decision, and while my preference would be that you stay, I know you've probably given this moment a lot of thought.  Perhaps instead simply I'll ask you to give it a bit more time.  It's not like we're going anywhere fast these days.

You can't leave, you're like a CN landmark. Although you're always welcome to join Limitless Nexus if you want to drop neutrality for a bit and have some fun. I still remember you from the Citadel and I've always considered you a friend, as well as a man of high principles.

o7 Citadel

Also you can't leave until we blow some stuff up together, you still haven't experienced the fun wars, where you can really let loose. So there is still more CN has to offer. ;)