I am OK, thanks (Before I say goodbye)

jerdge

Sorry for LoFN! Happy trails.

Eh, the LoFN was Walford's creature, we were just friends. TBH I'd be curious myself to know where AHEAD could have arrived, but we'll never know.
And thanks. :)

No, just no.

Obrigado por tudo, vocé é um grande artista e um amigo precioso.
(It's only an attempt at Portuguese, mind you! :) It's too much time that I don't speak it...)

This thread makes me sad and CN will be poorer when you leave.

Don't be sad! I am happy of what I'm doing. :)
It's because that we're transient that our time is precious, and I won't forget about you, anyway.

It's been a pleasure, jerdge, and don't be a stranger. You have been a moment of sanity and clarity in a sea of posers, flip players, try hards, and frustrated Napoleons. Whatever else people want to say about "neutrality", you did your way.

I'd try to talk you out of quitting, but ultimately whether or not someone sticks around here is a very personal decision, and while my preference would be that you stay, I know you've probably given this moment a lot of thought. Perhaps instead simply I'll ask you to give it a bit more time. It's not like we're going anywhere fast these days.

The pleasure was mine. :)
TBH I think that I've too been a bit of a frustrated Napoleon, but that was also funny, so... :D
Thank you for having always stood in the right place when it ReaLly counted.
As for giving more time, really, I spent plenty of time about it, already.
When I left the MHA for the GPA, in 2010, it was already to retire. Although I didn't really retire then, it's five years that my activity goes up and down, and that is part of what made me start thinking of leaving, which I've been doing basically since early 2014. In fact I shall confess that, hadn't it been for the "DBDC dynamics" (this expression being meant really at large) I would have probably left much earlier.
I am sure I thought it out long enough: I am doing the right thing.

You can't leave, you're like a CN landmark. Although you're always welcome to join Limitless Nexus if you want to drop neutrality for a bit and have some fun. I still remember you from the Citadel and I've always considered you a friend, as well as a man of high principles.

o7 Citadel

Also you can't leave until we blow some stuff up together, you still haven't experienced the fun wars, where you can really let loose. So there is still more CN has to offer. ;)

Hey you're exaggerating a bit with the landmark part. :D
I have always liked your contribution to this game and I think you've been underestimated by too many, thanks for your kind words.
As for your offer, I will respectfully decline. In my time I had the occasion to fight and let loose, updeclaring against the top enemies and crossing swords with excellent fighters I truly respected. The war mechanics doesn't really offer much to me anymore. But again: thanks. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What tirades? I have never been nothing if not reasonable. Why would you say such a thing after I have expressed such a kindness toward you? If you have any honor at all you will delay your departure until I am in a range where I will be capable of answering this insult.

Hey, where did you get the idea to write in blue text?

Eh, the LoFN was Walford's creature, we were just friends. TBH I'd be curious myself to know where AHEAD could have arrived, but we'll never know.

You don't need to smother your nation; now you can let it go to sleep and pick up later. Maybe at that time there will only be 300 nations left on Bob and we can have a final battle, throwing rocks and sticks at each other. I plan to be there.

Once I get the gumption, I'm going to come out with another attempt at staving that off -- which has been my central objective all along. But my RL battles on the political arena on social media have been consuming my time and passion since I all-but abandoned the OWF years ago.

You could just do like me and hang on out of sheer stubbornness -- and taking delight in crunching the odd unwary attacker every now and then. Otherwise, I'm blissfully unaware of the political situation here.

Edited by Walford

Only a few would have been able to reply with such a level of irony. :)
Or: I see what you did there.

I tip my hat to you good Sir, indeed there is and there can only be one Rebel Virginia.
o7

Many are they who count themselves lucky that there is but one of me. Relations for one.

Hey, where did you get the idea to write in blue text?

I am nothing if not original.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Best wishes, jerdge.

GPA will certainly have a hard time replacing the person who many of us outside of GPA see as the "face" of GPA, regardless of who is actually elected.

I am sorry to see you go, but I also understand the feeling. Be careful, because you never know - I was at this point a year and a half ago. You may end up on the "dark side" yet :P (although if anyone can stand against the temptation it would be you)

I have already been - not in this order - the terrorist and the pariah, the leader of a micro, the public face of the biggest alliance (two different alliances), the bureaucrat, the leader, the follower, the military head, the conspirator, the intelligence guy, the statesman, the judge, the propagandist... I don't mean that I did all of that - or any of it - all that well, but I got my hands dirty. I am not a white knight, if I had to choose a color I'd rather go for grey.
Talking of colors, had I remained I would have had the occasion to do a lot of Green stuff. Being the neutral rebel is probably more challenging than "just" turning to the establishment's "dark side", after all. :P

Your interest might be renewed if you joined an alliance that did, you know, something.

Being neutral and doing something aren't mutually exclusive. My lack of interest is about the game, not about the alliance I am in.

Good riddance.

Weird, were you expecting that I would have given any weight to your opinion about my leave? Or are you still just unable to filter at any level? Will you ever develop any sense of opportunity?

It should be obvious but one can never be sure with you, thus I'll make it as clear as possible: considering that you consistently harassed and attacked other players for years, deriding them for their RL ordeals and making fun of their deaths, never ever showing any remorse, you and whatever you do or say deserve my attention only when it's to expose your actions for what they are.
Keep oyaing, oya. :)

Wow, so controversial.

He lives for his pixels and he ignorantly thinks that I did or I could have done or I would have wanted to do anything to harm them.
Once you get that that is his mindset, everything he does becomes perfectly predictable. Had he any value it would be sad.

It's been great knowing you. I was going to say that it's a pity that you are going but then I saw this:

Immediately I realized that you are doing the right thing.

Bah he's just an insignificant something constantly barking around for his pixels while admiring himself. Except as a negative example about how not to play games, he's completely irrelevant. Certainly not a reason to stay or to leave for.

And thanks. We haven't always agreed, but discussing anything with you is always interesting and instructive. :)

Please make another thread marveling at Cuba's infra 

As this wasn't directed at me I'll ignore it.

Anyway thanks for the refreshing private conversation we recently had. Good luck with your nation and everything. :)

Everything has a beginning and an ending, it's the circle of life. Best of luck, jerdge!

Wise words, and thank you. Bye! :)

Good luck, Jerdge!

/o Jerdge

/o GPA

/o RL

Thanks to you as well, and thanks for mentioning the GPA too. :)

I have no leg to stand on when it comes to telling anybody to stay.  However, you could just pop in on occasion when things heat up or just to cause to some trouble.  Seems like Planet Bob would be a lesser place with your loss.  We have lost far to many old timers.      

While I can't exclude that I will be back, one day, I don't plan to do it.

Thanks for your kind words, TBB. :)

A sad day.

Farewell.

Farewell indeed. Don't be sad, anyway, as I am not sad. ;)

This makes me sad. :(

You will be missed jerdge.

Don't you be sad either. I have always liked your style, thanks for the exchanges and the chats. :)

(Some will probably really miss me, but most will just forget me, and sooner rather than later. Not to mention that most never minded/cared about me, anyway. :D - I have never really been a game changer, after all.)

Edited by jerdge

A shame to hear, Jerdge. Very very few outside of NSO would elicit an emotional response from me over leaving our world, you're one of the few.

I'm glad everything in life is ok and there's no nefarious reasons lurking in the background. Good luck out there, hope all remains well.

Cheers old friend.  :wub:

Cheers to you! :laugh:

I regret a bit never having joined the NSO back when the game still mattered something to me, I would have loved trying to play the dark character. Not to mention that, at least when I used to frequent them, the NSO forums were way better than basically anyone else's (at least the part visible to diplomats).

I'll miss you, and hope that you come back.

But in the meantime, have fun out there.

Dear lady, you're one of the best players of this game. To know you is a privilege. :wub:

Hey Jerdge,

All the best mate. Have a good, long & fruitful life.

Hopefully so! :D

I think I will get on your forums again, sooner or later, I always found them full of fun. ;)

Adios. Even though I probably didn't agree with more than half of your posts, I enjoyed reading them.

Thank you, I did my best. :unsure:

(I think that you have the right mindset for this game and I wish you posted more.)

Farewell Jerge, sincerely one of the core group of people from all sides of Bob who contributed on a regular basis.  I will miss baiting you at every possible turn, you were always gracious in return.

Stay classy and remember to never ever ever look back.

You've been by far the most talented and intelligent IC critic of neutrals and that, together with your inclination for effective abrasive commentary, made it really fun.

I don't know if I ever told you, but a couple of alliances have a "OWF, How To" guide that I wrote, in which you're featured as the benchmark for aggressive, yet intelligent and legitimate posts. :D (Yours is a CN art that is nowadays mostly lost, as most of its masters faded with time. It's a pity.)

You're one of the few I will remember and miss.

Also, I don't plan to look back. (Remember! If it wasn't for you I would have probably left CN in 2008...)

Farewell! :wub:

Posting in an epic thread, about an epic CN'er - you will be missed, bud.  Take Care.

A blast from 2009!

(You may remember them, but they must remain forever here, for the posterity. This is also a good occasion to beg forgiveness and mercy by the memory of WIlliam Blake - poor soul he didn't deserve it... :( )

[spoiler]

To: DevastationStation     From: jerdge     Date: 5/5/2009 8:32:39 AM

Subject: Vogon Poetry Declared!

Message: Vogon Poetry has been declared on you by jerdge for the following reason: UBER BOREDOM
You may not do anything about it!

To: DevastationStation     From: jerdge     Date: 5/5/2009 8:32:47 AM

Subject: Warning: VOGON POETRY inside!

Burning bright
In the forest
of Traal's night!

Marvel at the juicy glowing sky,
see its big acid greenish vault.
Tell me, DevastationStation,
Can you see the square ships,
Half-chewed-splattered-corn-yellow
Stinking even in the vacuum of space
Coming on your cities,
Coming on your armies,
Nuking your lands,
Devastating your Stations,
Asphalting your orbit?

Your Gurganblash Dhant Woek nose growth
May look like cheese,
May smell like venomous mushroom,
And can worsen with our Radiating Gift
But you'll always be just a turkey
No match for the armpit charm
Of even a single Vogon soldier,
Or his mother's.

Little armadillo-like IRON foot soldier,
Who put you in that crap?
Dost thou know who put you in that crap?
Everyone under the big acid greenish vault
of the juicy glowing sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?

The Vogon Destructor Fleet was on you,
And your hopeless cause revealed
Itself
As hopeless."

To: DevastationStation     From: jerdge     Date: 5/5/2009 8:32:52 AM

Subject: Vogon Poetry Report

Message: You have been delivered Vogon Poetry by jerdge. Even if you're not at war with him anymore, 12,347 of your soldiers are now sick and 1,078 tanks suddenly rusted. You captured one Vogon soldier and other 35 of your soldiers needed medical treatment as a consequence.
The Vogon Poetry depressed 12.321 of your land, rendered useless 1,907.984 of your technology and painted green all your infrastructure that didn't suicide. The Vogons looted $50,000.000.04 from you but they later dropped it (because they were irritated by the .04 change) and you gained an everlasting disgust for poetry. In the end the Vogon Poetry was Really Horrible. Any existing peace offers that were on the table jumped down and ran away screaming in terror.

[/spoiler]

Bye! :)

Best of luck. Can always return.

Thanks, and who knows? (Probably not, though. :) )

Was nice to read you! ;)

Thank you my friend. The WTF is blessed to have such a good heart as yours. :wub:

Kids these days, no staying power. Why if everyone that could see no more joy or fun in CN were to simply up and leave, where would we all be?

So listen here, master jerdge. Sit back down, thats more than enough of your tomfoolery for today. Not one more whimper out of you. Ennui indeed.

And the rest of you, you ought to know better than to encourage such behaviour.

Eh eh. :)

I will miss you too. You're one of the best.

[...]

You don't need to smother your nation; now you can let it go to sleep and pick up later. Maybe at that time there will only be 300 nations left on Bob and we can have a final battle, throwing rocks and sticks at each other. I plan to be there.

Once I get the gumption, I'm going to come out with another attempt at staving that off -- which has been my central objective all along. But my RL battles on the political arena on social media have been consuming my time and passion since I all-but abandoned the OWF years ago.

You could just do like me and hang on out of sheer stubbornness -- and taking delight in crunching the odd unwary attacker every now and then. Otherwise, I'm blissfully unaware of the political situation here.

I won't ask for Galea to be deleted, but I don't think I'll be back.

I have always appreciated your stubbornness and dedication, I think that in your time you've been one of the giants of the history of CN, one of the few that basically everyone (that was there) still remembers.

Farewell. :)

Goodbye and its sad to see one of the more rationale and respectful players leave.

Goodbye the rebel. As I already said multiple times: don't be sad, I am not. CN can certainly do without me, I am not important.

Thanks for your kind words, anyway. I have always appreciated your clear mind and your posts, even when I didn't agree with them. Bye! :)

Being the neutral rebel is probably more challenging than "just" turning to the establishment's "dark side", after all. :P

Well, I can't say that I've tried being neutral yet, so I'll take your word for it for now.

Enjoy your (probably) final retirement from Planet Bob. 

Good luck on your next adventure jerdge. You've always been a staple of our community, so it'll be odd being without you. Take care, and stop by when you have the time ;)

Edited by Kochers

Good luck on your next adventure jerdge. You've always been a staple of our community, so it'll be odd being without you. Take care, and stop by when you have the time ;)

Thank you.
I think that I'll visit the GPA forums from time to time, anyone wishing to contact me can probably send me a PM there, and I should read it, sooner or later.

Wish you would rethink, but good luck RL.

Now that my nation's time is at its end I really feel like I'm doing the right thing. Gaela's Big Sleep promises to be sweet with me.
Thanks and bye. :)

Jerdge -- we all know the court is always right.

;)

Eh eh, exchanging obscure references makes me feel at home. :D
Farewell, my friend.

[hr]
Thanks Kevin for these years, I'll remember your game and the fun I had with it. :)

Thanks to the Mods for their really underappreciated, essential work: this place would fall into pieces without you. :wub:

For everyone: this is my last post here. Thanks for every good thing, shame on us for all the bad.

Take care and forget jerdge.

Dang!  I've been so inactive over in GPA for like the last year or so that I too just put in my resignation with them myself today.  Sad to see you go buddy....good luck with whatever comes your way!!!

Dang!  I've been so inactive over in GPA for like the last year or so that I too just put in my resignation with them myself today.  Sad to see you go buddy....good luck with whatever comes your way!!!

That is a strange reason to switch alliances.

I have to agree with Helbrecht

And, more importantly, I have to wonder why you didn't come join me in the NPO? :(