:Private:
Excerpt from binders given to new employees of MoG[Corp]

History of the Mogar Corporation
MoG[Corp]
(TSE: 7999, SSE: 300999, KRX: 000999, HKSE: 4999)

The company was originally founded as a weapons manufacturing company during the turmoils that existed in the early 21st century. Thailand made a natural environment to provide weapons and ammunition to both the Indonesian islands and with various factions in Laos and Vietnam, With their large and diverse population Indonesia became a hotbed of piracy and warlords once the United States and China had thrown themselves into war with one another and quickly lost their major naval assets to a mix of traditional and nuclear ICBMs. Laos and Vietnam on the other hand, had interest in driving the Chinese state into an even weaker position, and were more than happy to work against what little remained of the Chinese military. Through the decade that followed, more and more of the industries that made up Indochina were purchased with the profits of the conflicts that had raged across the world.

Mogar himself spent that time pushing forward civilian level electronics, allowing for neural interfacing to be relatively cheap within Corporate Territory until his attempted assassination. The company fell into disarray with the loss of the CEO and no designated successor, and was unable to maintain complete control over the region, eventually falling into bankruptcy and being sold off for the most part. Fortunately there were certain employees were able continue various projects Mogar had begun and used them to give new life to the founder. After careful deliberation Tripoli was selected as the next headquarters and the second iteration continued the progress the first had made in providing better lives for all who worked for the Company. North African expansion went well until the TSI led attack upon Mogatopia which ended with Mogar's surrender to Athenian facilities until an escape was made from a transport aircraft. Mogar's disappearance and alleged death switched what remained of the corporation focus to cloning and genetic augmentation to restore and ensure immortality for their largest source of talent. The original came into contact with the cells scattered across Africa, the birthplace of humanity and home to one of the planet's greatest inventions, the Space Elevator. Various shell companies continued MoG[Corp]'s efforts to push the limits of humanity while Mogar was elsewhere.

Upon his return, this time to Cape Town, the companies that had been set up years or decades previous had managed to work their way into near total control over The Cape's economy and would afford themselves to be excellent resources for the City Mogar had planned in the southern Atlantic. Construction upon both that and the monumental task that Mogar had also thought up of building several layers upon the city, allowing for even more strength in industrial and vertical farming abilities. The Cape progressed rapidly until the Draken military strike and eventual nuclear attack that completely leveled what had been built. What lay beneath the waves not far from where the Drakens had tested their first nuclear weapons remained untouched however.

MoG[Corp] was able to exist within the concept of the city rather easily, due to an entirely internal economy. His own various genetic modifications and cybernetic enhancements he had created were their most profitable product for the majority of the length of the Rapture experiment. A decade or two would pass above the waves, with wars and sloth toppling all of the empires that remained. A Renaissance of sorts did thankfully restore governance to many locations around the world and MoG[Corp] reestablished itself with Tokyo as their new Headquarters for nearly 30 years, before a terrorist attack struck the MoG[Tower] constructed in Toranomon, causing critical damage to the city's power grid for several hours. Death toll from the attack was minimal as the attack occurred in early morning. The Bangkok [MoG]Tower was selected as the temporary and eventually permanent Headquarters for the Corporation. 

It'd been decades since Mogar had been able to sit back and actually apply himself to something more important than himself. While there was not many things that actually managed to meet that requirement, Launch loops, while effective, were simply not enough for what he had planned to build. Space Elevators would allow the world's resources to be used upon far greater things than simply blowing each other up more effectively. Locations for three of them would allow for nearly equal capabilities for each of the continents, and ensure supply lines would not be too lengthy. The next step of course was to actually communicate with whomever remained, Alleged new super countries spawning from Belarus and Northlands meant there would be a large portion of his idea already completed, having the majority of the world under an active governance to ensure the most effective usage of resources. The first location was southeast of Singapore, and a simple phone call made that Space Elevator agreed upon. The Second and Third Locations would be slightly more effort and require someone else's pen. 

Congo was the next on the list, and meant speaking to Belarus. The conversation was left up to Katsuro to handle, his mother had gone off the deep end, she was somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, but that was about all she was good for as well. Katsuro would send a diplomatic cable to the Belorussian Foreign Affairs Office, 

Greetings,

I do not believe I have interacted with Belarus before, I am pleased my first will be bringing this proposal for the Belorussian Space Agency. The Imperium has the capability of constructing a new Space Elevator in Africa, bringing down the cost of space travel immensely for those involved. It will cost a significant portion of the global resources for a period of over a decade, so it will require a commitment from all of those with access to those resources we would require to build the three we intend on beginning with. These space elevators will revolutionize the way the entire population of our planet lives, allowing for the limitless resources of the Moon, the Asteroid Belt, and beyond to be easily brought back to earth. With so many nations around us collapsing, I feel working collaboratively with those who remain is the only path to a thriving world once more.

Regards,
His Imperial Majesty, Crown Prince Katsuro

with a similar message being sent to the Northlands to discuss a more civilized method of breaking up global governance.

Greetings,

I do not believe Northlands has had formal communication with me before, I am interested in a more formal meeting for us to discuss current events regarding recent protectorate and annexations being done by Northlands and Belarus, as well as discuss what our shared futures will hold.

Regards,
His Imperial Majesty, Crown Prince Katsuro

Mogar would do the same for the third location, most likely in Ecquador, for that land it would require the blessing of the United Caribbean States.

"President Juan [redacted],

I am writing to you on behalf of MoG[Corp] and the East Asian Space Exploration Agency(EASXA). We are currently working together to finance and construction several Space Elevators in at least 3 locations around the world, allowing for space exploration and construction to become far cheaper. As our primary partner in this endeavor you would be afforded the control over the American Space Elevator, and collect the minimal tolls for usage designed to eventually offset the immense cost of such a project. Humanity has done this before, I believe we can do so again and bring about a new age of prosperity for everyone on earth. I believe Ecquador would be an ideal location for the American Space Elevator, but several other locations in Columbia and Brazil are entirely feasible as well. I look forward to discussing our planet's future together.

-Mogar
CEO, MoG[Corp]

:Classified, SATINT Visible:

The Imperium's 4th fleet began aerial surveillance upon Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange and Santa Barbara counties, and once it was ascertained that there was no longer a military presence within southern California, began a dialogue for the Los Angeles Free State to begin. Along with the Channel Islands, the City and outlying territories would be established as the Imperium's North American base of operations, having all Imperium goods transit through the city and into the rest of the the Americas. Low Interest loans were offered to the local governments and plans were made to upgrade the city. Of course, the Imperium was not entirely selfless for that particular subject, Imperium cities had a history of being attacked, and being 8,000 miles away from the rest of the Imperium made the hypothetical new province a very likely target for possible attack by North American nations.

The silence from Northlands and Belarus was expected, the world had gone quiet as of late, but the Imperium continued the annexation of the the French Pacific and Indian territories. The standard defensive measures for islands would begin to be put into place, and since french was already one of the official languages, no major change was required besides a gentle nudge towards using English. Crown Prince Katsuro began the long process of puddle jumping, visiting each of the territories and making minor alterations to the construction projects where needed.

“I’m a businessman, officer. I never destroy what I can use, not even if I totally despise it. Had it been of no use to me, this city would’ve ceased to exist long ago.”

:Private:
Pushing limits was routine for MoG[Corp], and the purchase of an entire town was not out of their reach. Naica, Chihuahua, Mexico was of significant importance to the entire world, not that more than a half dozen people understood why. Tikal's various hyperscience projects were based upon the unique crystals that formed in the caves underneath the town. Rather than allow such wonders to fall into the hands of anyone else, MoG[Corp] simply purchased the entire town, mine, and surrounding area. The public explanation was simply the mineral wealth for the Space Elevator project, and the few thousand who lived in the area would find employment within the mines or a few factories that the company would construct to allow for an official story line.

[hr]

Katsuro was a few hundred miles to the northwest, Los Angeles was going to become part of the Imperium's North American bastion. Along with western Alaska the two locations provided the ability to rapidly deploy military assets where ever they were required. Katsuro was quite bored of this by now, the past several weeks had been meeting after meeting, but he had to maintain appearances and since his mother was basically useless for the time being, the burden fell to his shoulders.

Arms and equipment from Hawaii and Alaska en masse. The typical radar systems being installed, along with a new type of missile defense system, the Type 29 missile family would be installed to protect the Los Angeles region, with the systems being phased into other regions of the Imperium as well. A large border wall began to be constructed around the Los Angeles region, with typical drone surveillance along with a camera and radar network to allow for full awareness of the surrounding area.

60,000 soldiers would eventually find there way to Los Angeles and the Channel Islands. Avalon quickly turned into a popular tourist destination, and Imperium businesses moved into the city, along with other elements of Imperium society. On the other side of the Channel, Los Angeles grew upwards and outwards with the population of the city swelling with Japanese, Chinese and Russian ethnic populations favoring the trip across the Pacific. 

The French Indian and Pacific islands kept doing things with penguins and stuff. Radars and AWACS and things went to the places and were linked to the Imperium and all that jazz.

Los Angeles was beginning to glow once more, and further to the south materials would begin arriving in Pedernales Canton, the first sign to start of the miracle of science that was to be reconstructed here. The Singapore elevator had progressed much further due to transportation times being nil for the nanomaterials required, but that would change within a year, cities of dedicated factories would hire locals from the surrounding areas to produce Graphene and Carbon Nanomaterials. Publicly this was going smoothly and there was no expected delays.

Public information is rarely truthful, and the reality was mortar fire and thunder were interweaving together into wonderful music, a sweeter bass line than any club in the Imperium, with a light show along with it as several vtol drones flew overhead, raining down 30mm tracers into anything without proper identification. A similar song was in play in Chihuahua, the caves were of greater importance than the cartels that had retaken the region since Tikal fell. Mogar enjoyed the song as he stepped off the transport that had brought him to the entrance to the mine. The most advanced heat suits would allow for a scientist to stay within the caves for just over an hour, and so he wandered around in awe, for the first time being completely surrounded by the thing responsible for his own very strange timeline. With such an energy supply, far more radical experiments could be powered.

To:Mogar CEO, MoG[Corp]

"You have our full support for the Ecuadorian Space Elevator. Should you require any assistance we can provide manpower and resources for the project, You need only ask."

Edited by supercheese

• 3 weeks later...

:Diplomatic Cable:

Director Piontek,

​I don't believe my mother has congratulated you are your ascension to leadership of Alvonia, and I trust you will restore your nation to greatness once more, now that our world has quieted down significantly.  I am writing to you to discuss your partnership with the Imperium in the construction of a new Space Elevator for the African and European continents. The American and Asian elevators have begun construction but the required amount of carbon nanotubes for three such projects within a reasonable timeframe is beyond even the Imperium's capabilities. Attached you will find production methods currently being used for producing carbon nanotubes, your assistance will allow for much faster construction of the greatest project our world has experienced since the original Space Elevator created by Ceylon(OOC: I'll have to double check that one with Lynneth). Due to the limitations of production of Carbon Nanotubes, the more of the world working in tandem to produce the wonder material, the faster we can all enjoy the advantages Space Elevators will provide. Additionally, those nations involved in the construction of the Space Elevators will be given partner status, with usage pricing being at cost, along with the ability to set the rate for non partner usage.

-His Imperial Majesty,  
Crown Prince Katsuro

:Diplomatic Cable Reply:

Our own production facilities, along with those of every company within the Imperium are all currently employed to produce Carbon Nanotubes to provide the base tethers for the Space Elevator Project.  I suggest a method of water-assisted chemical vapor deposition, as it provides the purest product in a short amount of time. After so many years of chaos and war, I look forward to working with you over the next several decades bringing mankind towards a new future.
-Mogar

Yugoslavia would also be given a diplomatic cable, having been quite silent as of late, it was hoped they would also provide assistance for the production of a Space Elevator.

Greetings,

It is my hope that you will join Alvonia and the Imperium in the construction of the Euro-African Space Elevator, As the Imperium is currently producing the necessary carbon nano-tubes for all three projects, it is hoped that you will provide some relief on the strained Imperium facilities mass producing the material. Enclosed are the current production method we're using (water-assisted chemical vapor deposition), I look forward to discussing this and several other subjects of importance with your government.

-His Imperial Majesty,
Crown Prince Katsuro

Cascadia would also be sent a diplomatic cable.

Greetings,

It is my hope that you will join the United Caribbean States and the Imperium in the construction of the American Space Elevator, As the Imperium is currently producing the necessary carbon nano-tubes for all three projects, it is hoped that you will provide some relief on the strained Imperium facilities mass producing the material. Enclosed are the current production method we're using (water-assisted chemical vapor deposition), I look forward to working with Cascadia to bring forth a new era of prosperity to the world.

-His Imperial Majesty,
Crown Prince Katsuro

All the while the Imperium's efforts at including the French overseas territories continued, there weren't many people on the islands as it was, and the Pacific islands had already shared an intimate relationship with the Imperium so there was not much change. The Indian territories were once Imperium as well before the terrorist attacks by the Icelandic navy and then the diplomacy at gunpoint led by the Africans had forced the Imperium to withdraw. As they were unpopulated it was merely a matter of placing a few Imperium soldiers on the islands to man the radar stations. Los Angeles would continue the upgrades and construction ever upwards, looking familiar to those Imperium citizens who made the trek across the Pacific. Neon light accented the night sky for the construction crews, working 24/7 to bring forth a new city to the Americas.

Edited by Mogar

“But now science is the belief system that is hundreds of years old. And, like the medieval system before it, science is starting not to fit the world any more. Science has attained so much power that its practical limits begin to be apparent. Largely through science, billions of us live in one small world, densely packed and intercommunicating. But science cannot help us decide what to do with that world, or how to live. Science can make a nuclear reactor, but it cannot tell us not to build it. Science can make pesticide, but cannot tell us not to use it. And our world starts to seem polluted in fundamental ways---air, and water, and land---because of ungovernable science.” 

There were as always parts of Los Angeles that remained more wild, the Imperium worked wonders but 100% was impossible for nearly everything, the city had changed dramatically in the few years the Pacific nation had worked with the local government, and it was expected to only be the beginning. Transportation from Los Angeles to the Space Elevator would be essential for the transport of some of the immense materials required for the project, and the rail system originally constructed by Tikal would be used as a basis for rapid transit from North America to South, as well as connecting the Cascadian Empire to the Space Elevator and the unlimited resources possible when completed.

Off the Coast, Cocos Island was no longer necessary for military purposes, United Caribbean States was an ally and the rest of the entrances to the Pacific were under Imperium control. With military withdrawal the island could be repurposed, and its remoteness from the Imperium proper and the American mainland made it an excellent choice for MoG[Corp]'s unique hobby of genetic manipulation and restoration of extinct species. While the Mastodon and Mammoth projects were quite successful, dinosaurs had always been unattainable for most genetic engineering firms. Most genetic engineering firms didnt have access to time travel though, so such potential was within reach and was grabbed, Several dozen species would be introduced at first, it would be yet another massive undertaking but MoG[Corp] was currently changing the very fundamentals of the humanity's understanding of science and space as it was, what difference could bringing some bones back to life be?

TO: His Imperial Majesty, Crown Prince Katsuro

Crown Prince Katsuro,

First let me thank you for your words. There are no doubts in my mind that Alvonia will once again rise above all others. Secondly, the initiative for the space elevator sounds like a great measure for both general science and world knowledge, which we can only hope will lead to the rise of new nations as they see us leading the way. Alvonian industry can most certainly work with the Imperium in its efforts, and offers the use of several highly-advanced engineering and technological companies in Germany and Poland.

Sincerely,

Director August Piontek