The Avengers needs some binkies

Shall we discuss publicly your multiple neighbors routers being used at this time? Probably not? The drugs comment? That's cute, I won't take it to that much of a personal level. The fact you have built this crazy story in your head I was on the hunt to ruin avengers round is just nonsense. And you keep talking about being better then me and all this and that. Aren't you the one that got rolled in SE and raged quit? Let's keep the Insults out of this.

If you think someone is a multi report him. If he is he'll be hunted and caught. Until then just drop it. False accusations are well out of line, and even if true should be dealt with through the proper channels.

As for SE it don't matter, TE is a different game. My SE nation has less casualties than I got in the last round alone. Your SE history don't necessarily reflect your TE skill.

As for this 'crazy story' are you saying you don't believe we actually have been spied? What exactly are you referring to?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one guy that got to use the misfits AA gets caught spying automatically makes us the target then you are fools. For once you can actually hear I hate an alliance more then the avengers. Stevie just stepped out of line with me last round nothing has carried on from that. But for some reason You guys have a hard on that we are out to get you.

If one guy that got to use the misfits AA gets caught spying automatically makes us the target then you are fools. For once you can actually hear I hate an alliance more then the avengers. Stevie just stepped out of line with me last round nothing has carried on from that. But for some reason You guys have a hard on that we are out to get you.

The thing is it not the one misfits member. It's the one misfits member continuing a trend of spying the IRS of our members, only 10 minutes after the last one. If misfits indeed had nothing to do with it then someone has played you to make you look like the bad guys and someone else is targeting us.

In the meantime I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and no more spy ops will be done unless any other evidence arises. Edited by Ezeriel

The thing is it not the one misfits member. It's the one misfits member continuing a trend of spying the IRS of our members, only 10 minutes after the last one. If misfits indeed had nothing to do with it then someone has played you to make you look like the bad guys and someone else is targeting us.

In the meantime I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and no more spy ops will be done unless any other evidence arises.

Just look at the numbers? Do you honestly think I would aim to pick a fight with an alliance that out guns us. I Only do those actions when we need to defend ourselves not pick the fight.

Just look at the numbers? Do you honestly think I would aim to pick a fight with an alliance that out guns us. I Only do those actions when we need to defend ourselves not pick the fight.

That's why I think DT - who is in misfits - is behind, as she pretty much admitted earlier.

Shall we discuss publicly your multiple neighbors routers being used at this time? Probably not? The drugs comment? That's cute, I won't take it to that much of a personal level. The fact you have built this crazy story in your head I was on the hunt to ruin avengers round is just nonsense. And you keep talking about being better then me and all this and that. Aren't you the one that got rolled in SE and raged quit? Let's keep the Insults out of this.

The drug thing was a joke asshat and just like Tim said if you want to throw around accusations then take them to the proper people.

You want to make this personal Nick and I will show you just how far I am willing to take this.

You know me personally and I do think you will know what I mean by that and what I am capable of.

Tell one more lie about me, I dare you.

You will see no further posts in here from me as I am done talking.

This is the lowest of low! Anyone that would stoop to this kind of game play deserves to be ZI'd all round!

I'm actually stunned, I can't even believe that anyone would do this regardless of their feelings toward someone.

With that said, DT and KB, your accusation that TA did this just to have a reason to roll you guys is the most stupid comment I have heard

come from either of you. As Das and DD said, TA needs no reason to attack you guys, and to screw their own nations just to do so....REALLY?

In all honesty, and I'm talking reason for reason I would have to agree with TA here, the reasons Das stated make perfect sense.

I really doubt anyone would disagree with his points and even you can't deny that. To me 2 + 2 will always equal 4 so I can't blame

them for suspecting you guys for being responsible. You have to admit, you guys are the biggest haters of TA out of everyone.

Do I think KB had anything to do with this, NO....But KB the way you handle things is not that of a leader IMO. I don't mean that bad although

I know you will take offense to it. To add, the statements on here do not help your situation.

Do I think DT had something to do with it, I most certainly do! You see DT, I happen to know a few of the same people you know and I'm told

you had plans to take down TA this round. I also know your character, you spy on alliances, you post other peoples PM's, you start trouble, and

you are the biggest hater of TA than anyone and tell more lies and BS then anyone I have ever seen. So much so that I think you actually believe

what you say, even though that doesn't make it true.

Do I know for sure who did this, NO! Unlike DT I wont spray BS and flat out lie saying DT's the culprit. I'll just state my OPINION, DT make all sense.

I had hoped that this round could be different, that somehow we could make this a  fun round, I guess that's not going to happen.

I sincerely hope these dirty spy ops stop, and this whole thing can be sweep aside.

Just a little FYI, you want to piss off a DOG.....RATTLE his cage!

BG     

Edited by Burning Glory

Do you really think we need an excuse to roll you?

By rolling us you obviously mean down declaring on us? Considering your history of down declares without any excuse, i guess not. You only use excused when you've been called out.

I guess logic just got thrown out the window there. I mean, of course we spied the IRS of our own people  :facepalm:

I'm not saying you spied your own, I'm saying its likely your camp is responsible for spying Fatal and Limits and these occurred before sgt strykers. I wonder who else has been spied that will be on the opposite side of Avengers. Only flag runners would spy those nations IRS because you know they're threats to your flags.

And of course Misfits gov approved a member to IRS spy Avengers, how does that make sense again? Looking at his nation, he did it with 50 spies while sitting on +9 mill. If we had approved it, he wouldn't have been exposed and if he was, he wouldn't be on the Misfit AA but keep blaming us.

Since you or DT did not send a message or declare an apology you can not blame the avenger for jumping to that conclusion! and since you both spent the last round just whining and complaining about the avengers and everyone who likes them and/or disagrees with you, you also should not be surprised that they mistrust you and your "honest" alliance.

now before you start accusing me of being an avenger cheer leader, and all this !@#$%^&* terminology you and DT came up with for basically everyone who has another opinion than you let me state this:

1. this is my second round, i have been here since the middle of the first round, and i have read most if not all your posts and DTs since then

2. i don't really care for the avengers, i don't hate them, i don't like them, my feelings about them are neutral, they have done me no harm, and i don't have enough information to judge them about anything

3. i disagree with the avengers actions to attack you back with spy ops, i think that was stupid, it would have been wiser if they just posted that in the OWF and demanded an explanation of this attacks, this is what i would have done.

now having that said, you complained about something (dirty spy ops) and expressed your disagreement and disbelief in that kind of action, after that you went ahead and did that same kind of action you just complained about, that my friend is called Hypocrisy, since you are "sinking to their level" that logically implies that you have no right to complain about anything and it also implies that by your own rules you should ban yourself from your alliance.

and since you are the "honest" and "ethical" alliance of TE complaining about the "unethical" AoW, FF, Avengers mistreating your alliance unfairly, some might consider having a spy in other alliances to invade the privacy of their announcement and post it in OWF unethical behavior  

You want us to apologize for a spy op committed by a nation that was a member of Misfits for 1-2 days. If i care to remember, I'll write a very sincere apology note on behalf of all of Misfits, when i send it, they may only get to read it while its airborne as it'll be stuck to a nuke.

The fact they retaliated so quickly with a IRS spy op against Kaboom after sgt styrker was removed, implies they didn't care.

And don't think I haven't got my eyes on this TDO, your alliance would also have good reason to start this BS up. You're obviously an allied alliance to Avengers and have proven this with AOW going to war for them last round.

If it was a staged spy op surely it wouldn't have succeeded then? Unless it was a staged spy op done by someone to make us look bad? By someone who knows that our IRS has been targeted heavily since the round started, someone who would know who had and hadn't been hit? Perhaps by the same person who organised for us to be hit? Maybe the person might even be the one whose said that the spy ops by sgt striker are just the beginning for us? Either misfits as a whole is setting us up for a fall and trying to limit us at the beginning of the round or you're being used :/

Just Saiyan.

Either that or someone is trying to hit all the top tier players from last round (with an odd emphasis on us) in order to stir !@#$ up. I'm not trying to point fingers just that until this thread came up I had no reason to think it was anyone but us being spied, and that coming from misfits, as per Das's logic above.

We don't want to play your games but we will if were forced too.

Keep up DT, i've already said that no more ops will be launched against Misfits as after this thread with Kaboom I no longer think Misfits are responsible this. I think someone set it up to look that way. 

I don't know what games you think i'm playing but none of them involve spying the IRS of myself, my other govt members, my own AA, or anyone else for that matter. I've made it very clear last round that I really dislike "dirty" spy ops and would personally prefer to never use them in any normal war - the exception being in retaliation to when they're used on us, and even then only with govt permission. 

Do you really think that us spying the IRS of 80% of our AA is some tactic to give us an advantage - i've never thought as badly of you as anyone else in my AA (probably why some fool gave me MoFA this round) and have attempted to respond reasonably to you wherever possible - but am really struggling to understand your logic in this. I get that others have been targeted too, but not as badly as us, and myself and other govt are focussing on our own builds and such right now to ensure it is done as well as possible as these IRS ops have really hurt us. I don't know why you keep attempting to point fingers at us when there is clearly someone out there trying to cause problems. 

As for that spy op against Kaboom in retaliation for sgt styrker I will admit was a hasty decision that could have been better thought through. I do apologise for that, if not for the logical process that lead to the decision. As far as i'm concerned the slate is clean due to a just as swift counter by Kaboom.

However anyone else in our position would have came to the same decision - even you is you weren't making such a hasty generalisation (logical fallacy based on drawing a conclusion based on a small sample size, rather than looking at statistics that are much more in line with the typical or average situation). In this case you keep focussing only on the exposed op, and the counter, and keep trying to ignore that fact that we have been hit by such a large number of IRS ops across the last few days, including one shortly before the exposed op - which coincidentally hit one of our members who had not had an IRS op at that stage.  

However it is really the quote below that has me the most suspicious that even if Misfits had nothing to do with it, which I do believe is quite likely at this stage, that you at least know more than you are letting on. 

These attacks never started with sgt stryker and they wont end there either if you's want to play this game.

As far as this looks you are stating that there is more to come of the like we have seen, this implies extremely strongly that you had a lot more to do with this than you'd like people to think - even if you only make sly hints at it in the corners. 

For anyone reading this thread - as i'm sure others are even if they are not replying - we are not here to perform dirty ops and try to screw people over. If we want to fight someone we'll fight them. This is TE, casus belli's are few and far between, you do not need an excuse to go to war, and you will be judged regardless of what you do, so as far as i'm concerned we will fight as always and rebuild and then fight some more. We're here to have fun and enjoy the game, not try and wipe others out of it. There is no honour in the actions people have taken against us so far and it is not my style. Despite some peoples misapprehensions about our past i'm trying to move forward (along with Stevie, Das, and DD) and ensure that we are looked at in a different light. 

No, no. I read it all.

I was merely making an observation that, last round, The Misfits resorted to unprovoked dirty spy ops in both of the wars we had with them (something that none of the three other alliances did), and it is the next logical step to assume they would advance that beyond war.

There is no such thing as dirty spy ops during war. This notion that there is has really only come into the fold because the Avengers make forum complaints when it happens to them. In all the rounds I've played, anything goes if its used, no complaining, just war.

These early spy ops against defenseless nations are dirty. At the end of the day, complaining will accomplish nothing, either defend your nation earlier with more spies or suggest to admin the problem and propose a solution. This is a war/nation building game, it starts on day 1 regardless of game mechanics.

To: DevilDog    From: Unknown Sender    Date: 4/13/2015 12:14:51 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and managed to change your national tax rate to a level of 25%. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

To: DevilDog    From: Unknown Sender    Date: 4/13/2015 12:38:15 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and managed to change your national tax rate to a level of 23%. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

To: devildog    From: Randy Rhodes    Date: 4/13/2015 5:58:40 PM

Subject: FW: Spy Operation Attack

-----Original Message-----
Date: 4/13/2015 12:10:37 AM
Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Body: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and managed to change your national tax rate to a level of 23%. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

To: DevilDog    From: Randy Rhodes    Date: 4/13/2015 5:59:00 PM

Subject: FW: Spy Operation Attack

-----Original Message-----
Date: 4/13/2015 12:37:41 AM
Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Body: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and managed to change your national tax rate to a level of 23%. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

And then 12 minutes later;

4/13/2015 1:50:38 AM

team_Blue.gif

New World Order 
Ruler: sgt stryker
The Misfits

team_Black.gif

Wolverine 
Ruler: Logan X
The Avengers
Sabotage IRS Proficiency

Success But Caught

I will admit that I might not be a college professor or anything ((though I do think my IQ scores are pretty impressive) but it really doesn't take a genius to put these pieces together does it?

And when has anyone ever needed a reason to hit anybody here in TE?

I have a feeling that in 2 days I am going to have a bad hair day and that is going to be all the reason I need to pound your entire alliance into the ground.

Post my last message in here also Nick so everyone can see just how I feel about you guys and the tactics you have now resorted in using. You think I really give a rats assh? Post my home address if you like and you and DT ride on over here one day when you have just finished your whole box of Wheaties and want to "talk" about our current situation.

You want to get even with us for being better at this game than you are then BETTER YOURSELF!!

Christ it is not like we have a hidden special recipe or anything as we have told or shown just about everybody in the game the last 2 rounds what we are doing to be better and we have traded with just about every alliance in the game when they needed trades!!

You ask me it is totally absurd that you can do those kind of spy operations on nations before you can even go to war in the first place and anyone that would stoop so low as to use them before the round actually even starts is just flat out pitiful and I have no desire to continue playing a game that they also choose to play.

Though it will be interesting to see just how long the game lasts with only those playing that think "donating" is a bad thing.

You mad? You sound mad. You've been playing this long enough to realize that rouges occur and they can do things on their own. The fact you have 4 ops here on the same day means another 2 nations were used. So we have 2 more Misfits that spied you too? 

If you think someone is a multi report him. If he is he'll be hunted and caught. Until then just drop it. False accusations are well out of line, and even if true should be dealt with through the proper channels.

As for SE it don't matter, TE is a different game. My SE nation has less casualties than I got in the last round alone. Your SE history don't necessarily reflect your TE skill.

As for this 'crazy story' are you saying you don't believe we actually have been spied? What exactly are you referring to?

I'd like to see all of these spy ops you claim. So far we've seen the ops carried out against Logan, Liet, DD and RR. These all occurred on the same day around the same time and before the ops against Fatal and Limits. I want to know who exactly did they start on.

This is the lowest of low! Anyone that would stoop to this kind of game play deserves to be ZI'd all round!

I'm actually stunned, I can't even believe that anyone would do this regardless of their feelings toward someone.

With that said, DT and KB, your accusation that TA did this just to have a reason to roll you guys is the most stupid comment I have heard

come from either of you. As Das and DD said, TA needs no reason to attack you guys, and to screw their own nations just to do so....REALLY?

In all honesty, and I'm talking reason for reason I would have to agree with TA here, the reasons Das stated make perfect sense.

I really doubt anyone would disagree with his points and even you can't deny that. To me 2 + 2 will always equal 4 so I can't blame

them for suspecting you guys for being responsible. You have to admit, you guys are the biggest haters of TA out of everyone.

Do I think KB had anything to do with this, NO....But KB the way you handle things is not that of a leader IMO. I don't mean that bad although

I know you will take offense to it. To add, the statements on here do not help your situation.

Do I think DT had something to do with it, I most certainly do! You see DT, I happen to know a few of the same people you know and I'm told

you had plans to take down TA this round. I also know your character, you spy on alliances, you post other peoples PM's, you start trouble, and

you are the biggest hater of TA than anyone and tell more lies and BS then anyone I have ever seen. So much so that I think you actually believe

Do I know for sure who did this, NO! Unlike DT I wont spray BS and flat out lie saying DT's the culprit. I'll just state my OPINION, DT make all sense.

I had hoped that this round could be different, that somehow we could make this a  fun round, I guess that's not going to happen.

I sincerely hope these dirty spy ops stop, and this whole thing can be sweep aside.

BG     

I skimmed over your wall of BS but i caught taking down Avengers as if the Misfits have the numbers or am i leading some type of coalition?

And why are TDO members in here pointing fingers? You'd be my second choice for starting this. I can see retaliation attacks but i wonder where it started.

Why don't you blame me for the DDos attacks on War Doves forums while you're at it?

Keep up DT, i've already said that no more ops will be launched against Misfits as after this thread with Kaboom I no longer think Misfits are responsible this. I think someone set it up to look that way. 

I don't know what games you think i'm playing but none of them involve spying the IRS of myself, my other govt members, my own AA, or anyone else for that matter. I've made it very clear last round that I really dislike "dirty" spy ops and would personally prefer to never use them in any normal war - the exception being in retaliation to when they're used on us, and even then only with govt permission. 

Do you really think that us spying the IRS of 80% of our AA is some tactic to give us an advantage - i've never thought as badly of you as anyone else in my AA (probably why some fool gave me MoFA this round) and have attempted to respond reasonably to you wherever possible - but am really struggling to understand your logic in this. I get that others have been targeted too, but not as badly as us, and myself and other govt are focussing on our own builds and such right now to ensure it is done as well as possible as these IRS ops have really hurt us. I don't know why you keep attempting to point fingers at us when there is clearly someone out there trying to cause problems. 

As for that spy op against Kaboom in retaliation for sgt styrker I will admit was a hasty decision that could have been better thought through. I do apologise for that, if not for the logical process that lead to the decision. As far as i'm concerned the slate is clean due to a just as swift counter by Kaboom.

However anyone else in our position would have came to the same decision - even you is you weren't making such a hasty generalisation (logical fallacy based on drawing a conclusion based on a small sample size, rather than looking at statistics that are much more in line with the typical or average situation). In this case you keep focussing only on the exposed op, and the counter, and keep trying to ignore that fact that we have been hit by such a large number of IRS ops across the last few days, including one shortly before the exposed op - which coincidentally hit one of our members who had not had an IRS op at that stage.  

However it is really the quote below that has me the most suspicious that even if Misfits had nothing to do with it, which I do believe is quite likely at this stage, that you at least know more than you are letting on. 

As far as this looks you are stating that there is more to come of the like we have seen, this implies extremely strongly that you had a lot more to do with this than you'd like people to think - even if you only make sly hints at it in the corners. 

For anyone reading this thread - as i'm sure others are even if they are not replying - we are not here to perform dirty ops and try to screw people over. If we want to fight someone we'll fight them. This is TE, casus belli's are few and far between, you do not need an excuse to go to war, and you will be judged regardless of what you do, so as far as i'm concerned we will fight as always and rebuild and then fight some more. We're here to have fun and enjoy the game, not try and wipe others out of it. There is no honour in the actions people have taken against us so far and it is not my style. Despite some peoples misapprehensions about our past i'm trying to move forward (along with Stevie, Das, and DD) and ensure that we are looked at in a different light. 

You're taking my quote out of context. I knew the IRS ops hadn't started with sgt stryker because Fatal told me he was IRS spied.

As for ops stopping, its seems you guys have amped them up going by reports from friends.

Whoever spied mine, its only at 24%? What happen? I want 23%! You think i care about losing a couple of mill.

Ezeriel, like i said we don't want to play your games so quit with the excuses, i know who it is and so do many others. We'll be the grown ups here and not retaliate.

Too be fair i don't think many of you would resort to these tactics including yourself but it wouldn't surprise me if the culprit is in yours or TDO's alliance. I'm pretty certain whoever is responsible was also responsible for the DDos attacks on WD's. I could be completely wrong but I'd bet they're an SE player who has just recently returned to TE and I see many that would fit this description in Avengers and TDO. 

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

They started on me tbh. Not quite sure why, they also spied religion on Darth Vader. To my knowledge these were the first two spy ops launched and were clearly a planned strategy due to how quickly it happened after it was possible.

SqepbJk.png

fpCOMAU.png

This trend has continued and others include:

- Stevie

- Hank Hill

- unknown

- khogg

- plus a few others

Do you get the idea? Do you want me to have to post screenshots of every single one for you to believe this? Despite the fact that having this all go out publicly gives people an advantage over us by knowing who has and hasn't been hit and will be effected etc. If this isn't enough I will happily provide a few more. I have no problem with posting screenshots as it helps provide clarity for everyone involved.

And I said our counter-ops on Misfits have stopped (there were only a few anyway to my knowledge), I have no idea who is still doing the rest of them. Why retaliate against us when we are clearly being hit as hard as any right now? We haven't amped anything up, why is it that we are the first assumption for this happening? I don't know how many times I have to say this, but spying the IRS of our own team is pointless... It gives us no advantage... 

Perhaps we can collaborate and all share our screenshots here of who has been spied? Perhaps then we can narrow down who has been doing it? Especially if it has been stepped up like you've stated that is something that concerns all AAs being hit. If you know who did it then perhaps you can share it with us so we can help in taking action - we hate that this has happened as much as anyone else. 

I honestly don't know how you think we're playing games when we've been hammered so badly over this. I also don't know what excuses you think i'm making. Understandably our members are a bit upset and we want to know whose done this as badly as the rest of you. 

I'm not playing games and have always made every effect to be as honest as possible in all my OWF posts (without compromising opsec during war etc).

We banned the member who did it on our AA, that was a strong message that we condone those actions so why apologize for the mistakes of a rogue. We've been playing this game long enough to know these things happen and you can roll him whenever possible. In my experience, that's far better than an apology from the gov who had nothing to do with it and who the hell actually apologizes for having a member go rogue without gov approval? If anyone should be apologizing, it should be the individual nation responsible. We set up trade circles, give them building/war guides/advice, you think were going to waste more time with them when they go off the rails? No, we remove this nation so the alliance he/she attacked can deal with it as the most times do.

Anyway, I've spent enough time on these BS. I'm sure the real culprit is having a good laugh over all this.

We banned the member who did it on our AA, that was a strong message that we condone those actions so why apologize for the mistakes of a rogue. We've been playing this game long enough to know these things happen and you can roll him whenever possible. In my experience, that's far better than an apology from the gov who had nothing to do with it and who the hell actually apologizes for having a member go rogue without gov approval? If anyone should be apologizing, it should be the individual nation responsible. We set up trade circles, give them building/war guides/advice, you think were going to waste more time with them when they go off the rails? No, we remove this nation so the alliance he/she attacked can deal with it as the most times do.

Anyway, I've spent enough time on these BS. I'm sure the real culprit is having a good laugh over all this.

Fair enough, at the time I had it come to my attention they were still in the Misfits AA, so combined with the above posts (i'm lazy and don't want to repeat it again) we took some action. Since then we have withdrawn from any further action on this, and I do apologise for a hasty decision. People do make mistakes and I believe this was unfortunately one of ours. 

I do appreciate the action taken on Misfits part though, I was unaware of it as no one had contacted me. Perhaps next time just chuck a message to gov and say hey, this guy went rogue, we've banned them, they're all yours. It may help avoid any misunderstandings. I will attempt to do the same. 

If I ever find out who the real culprit is there will be hell to pay...

@ Kaboom, if you want to discuss this further happy to do so but a PM may be an easier way rather than clogging up the forum. I do hope that this has helped resolve this. 

Another possibility is, after you were mass IRS spied without any leads, Avengers have then retaliated against all those they think it may be in which case, you've then automatically assumed its one of the top builders on the opposing side, no leads so you've just hit them all with IRS spy ops so the advantage they thought they had would balance out again.

You've shown this with all of the retaliation IRS attacks on Misfits, and that you already have multiple nations set up with more than 50 spies.

All of the top builders opposing Avengers have been IRS spied.

I know you'll never admit to it but did yous have anything to do with War Doves forums going down? I know there is bad blood there, i can see yous getting spy ops, assuming its WD's and then bringing their forums down in retaliation. You guys have shown when someone upsets you with spy ops, you literally lose your minds and throw around threats of eternal war.

In your defense Ezeriel, you seem to be the only one with a cool head but quit being like the others by pretending to play dumb. The others not telling you this member was banned is why mass IRS attacks were performed on us? Really?

You've already done all the damage you could with IRS ops so of course you want to cease any further attacks so we don't return them. We don't want to play these games anyway, they're not needed or welcome in TE.

Kaboom was justified in the OP, we had nothing to do with the initial attacks.

Its also nice to see an Avenger using screen shots for once. Its very hard to argue against that, and tell ironman and co we'll be waiting. I know they'll be itching to hit us for something we had nothing to do with. Here is your excuse justice fighters!

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Another possibility is, after you were mass IRS spied without any leads, Avengers have then retaliated against all those they think it may be in which case, you've then automatically assumed its one of the top builders on the opposing side, no leads so you've just hit them all with IRS spy ops so the advantage they thought they had would balance out again.

You've shown this with all of the retaliation IRS attacks on Misfits, and that you already have multiple nations set up with more than 50 spies.

Sigh... are we seriously still continuing with this? We've admitted we hit Misfits, DD was fairly clear about that, as was anyone else in Avengers, does that look like the sort of subtlety to do with mass spying everyone?

Some of our nations went CIA in order to help defend themselves and retaliate once we knew who it was. Does this really surprise anyone? 

The only person who really has any clue of what is going on is the person who organised this all in the first place. Who is to say they didn't spy the others in order to make it look like this is the first place? Anyone with an anti-tA motive would surely see benefits in that. 

All I have taken away from this is that what needs to happen is make it so you cannot spy until you can declare war. That will prevent this dishonourable, despicable, underhanded tactics in the future. 

In regards to dirty spy ops I call them such in war because they are the ones that can cripple players and potentially put them out of the game. In a game that is on the decline I see no need to try and force people out of the game - regardless of how it was played in the past. 

Why would we think that Fatal or Limits would hire people to weaken us, and so IRS spy op them. We had absolutely no idea who was doing these attacks, why would we IRS spy op everyone else in retaliation. We retaliated against Misfits (rashly, I might add) because we saw that there had been a revealed IRS spy op from the Misfits on us, so we assume that they have been behind this all along. The reason some of us have more than 50 spies is because we've been getting IRS spied since Day 3, and some people want protection against the spy ops in order to see who was behind this.

It is far more likely that this is another person/alliance who cares about getting flags and is taking out the competition early in order to gain them. That's what I think is actually happening,  as it makes far more sense than the retaliation theory you came up with. But I guess we will never know for sure unless whoever's behind this does something incredibly stupid

Sigh... are we seriously still continuing with this? We've admitted we hit Misfits, DD was fairly clear about that, as was anyone else in Avengers, does that look like the sort of subtlety to do with mass spying everyone?

Some of our nations went CIA in order to help defend themselves and retaliate once we knew who it was. Does this really surprise anyone? 

The only person who really has any clue of what is going on is the person who organised this all in the first place. Who is to say they didn't spy the others in order to make it look like this is the first place? Anyone with an anti-tA motive would surely see benefits in that. 

All I have taken away from this is that what needs to happen is make it so you cannot spy until you can declare war. That will prevent this dishonourable, despicable, underhanded tactics in the future. 

In regards to dirty spy ops I call them such in war because they are the ones that can cripple players and potentially put them out of the game. In a game that is on the decline I see no need to try and force people out of the game - regardless of how it was played in the past. 

Econ spy ops are part of the game, not everyone including myself consider them dirty but so many are calling them dirty on here that it has me doing the same. ^_^ It doesn't mean i consider them dirty during wars.

I'm pretty sure Kaboom made a suggestion about the early spy ops before, we may need to reopen that proposal. Those are dirty!

Down declares have more effect on people leaving the game as they can lose a much greater percentage of their wealth/economies. I know nobody that left because someone did a spy op on them.

Down declares have more effect on people leaving the game as they can lose a much greater percentage of their wealth/economies.

I think I partially agree on this point as newbies would likely be dissuaded from playing if all of a sudden three coordinating nations declared on them, nuking them and doing coordinated GAs, so I can see why they would leave. Experienced players however I don't see leaving because of down-declares, however, if they were to be spied at the beginning of the round/in peacetime with spy ops, I would see them getting sick and leaving. Just what I think :) 

I think I partially agree on this point as newbies would likely be dissuaded from playing if all of a sudden three coordinating nations declared on them, nuking them and doing coordinated GAs, so I can see why they would leave. Experienced players however I don't see leaving because of down-declares, however, if they were to be spied at the beginning of the round/in peacetime with spy ops, I would see them getting sick and leaving. Just what I think :)

This game will always have hurdles, no matter how much you think you know. Misfits have been rolled countless times and almost every dirty trick has been used against them, but they still stand, as well as many other alliances who've had a similar history.

I'm yet to see Avengers fight a challenging war, and I'm not talking about the wars near the end of the round when you all have +200 mill war chest levels and you're hunting casualties with multiple tech heavy/nuke turrets.

Every time you may have a challenging war on the horizon, you've had help from other alliances and you want people to take you seriously? You have a very good team, temp trades, donations, knowledge, activity and you still need help? I think you's just don't ever want to lose a war. With that attitude, this game is going to be a very emotional roller coaster for some of you. Coughs DD coughs Stevie.

I'm pretty certain that time we got dog-piled by a few of you guys last round counts as a loss for us haha. I know quite a few of us were really hurting after that one. 

RE: Dirty Spy Ops, it can be a tricky one. I personally consider them dirty during war too as they can cripple a nations ability to build back up, thus making it potentially impossible to actually compete later in the round. As such I don't like to use them. That isn't to say there aren't plenty of spy ops that are well worth doing - I did a poll during our pre-round roll-call to get an idea of what tA thought we should be avoiding the use of and the four that came up every time were:

- IRS

- Incite Govt

- Assassinate Generals

- Destroy Money

These are the ones that can really ruin a nations round in my opinion as it can so hurt their econ. I mean, there may be times when I can see people considering them acceptable - perhaps a really good military general is hurting your war etc. However as it can be quite a grey area of where it could be considered valid I prefer to have a blanket rule across them for tA. Especially in a atmosphere where many people view us with suspicion and expect dirty tactics I feel this is a good way for us to try and counter this. 

As with Ahmad I partially agree on down-declares, there are definitely situations where it is far out of line, and I know I will try and avoid tA going into any of those this round, however with many of the Elite AAs this doesn't always make much of a difference - especially when they are vet members - as they will continue to put up a brilliant fight (some of my best opponents last round were from 'down-declares') regardless and come back for more. 

In terms of us being knocked down it may happen eventually, though understandably we will fight back against it :P However, we too will simply come back better prepared for next time. In the words of the great Jedi Master:

c8b119c4d6a71ed7e94da085806f84fa58406151

We simply don't have the history that some of the vet AAs do at this stage as we're still too new as an AA. Give us time though. 

As for this round I would be a little disappointed if you didn't call us out where you see something you disagree with, however at the same time please don't expect us to change everything to please you. I'm sure you'd be just as disappointed if we did. Perhaps I might have a hand in stat gathering this time to try and ensure as fair a war as possible ;)

Edit: I would like to clarify again though that we were approached last round and offered assistance and in the spirit of good sportsmanship we accepted. We will not run from a fight, nor ask for help where it is not needed. However we will not reject friendship where it is offered. I do wish everything on here wasn't so polar though - more apathy is needed! It does make for some interesting reads though where I don't have to type up such massive walls of text. 

Edited by Ezeriel

BG     

This guy again 😔

Even the only decent avenger in this forum admitted the way they first reacted to the situation was a bit much. Of course I am going to get bent out of shape. I Had a group of people making up stories while I'm over here like are you kidding me right now. I'm too lazy majority of the time to message my own people(you can ask eddyh that one, I tell him constantly to do my job) then I have somebody I know in RL on here that I don't see much In person raging at me? Being innocent and with words being put in your mouth is probably one of worst things to deal with. I am truly a lazy leader I keep guides sitting in my phone notes I barely tweak them, I'm finally able to sell my home without foreclosing it due to the second income in my household falling through, I have court Thursday just trying to get a judge to stop hating against me for just trying to spend more time with my daughter. Who would have thought time with your kid means you need to pay 50% of your income. Due to that crap I have to make Magic money appear to cover a lawyer to just defend me. Between that mess I work full time and overtime which is when I have eddy take over everything plus find Time to do college work. So along with my long list of crap I deal with in RL why in gods name would I ever make time or even care to make avengers round that much more poop. So DD please stop assuming I am out to hunt you or stoop so low on whatever level I did. I have enough crap to deal with I don't care to cripple your nation and if I wasn't so stupid broke I would probably just donate to you to make a point

"I know you'll never admit to it but did yous have anything to do with War Doves forums going down? I know there is bad blood there, i can see yous getting spy ops, assuming its WD's and then bringing their forums down in retaliation."

Seems legit.