Evolution

Hey lets slowly evolve CN:TE..

Make a few changes each round...This would help the game from stagnanting which i feel is the case for quite a few rounds now...This would keep the game interesting and would improve it a lot and will increase the user base too....

Just some changes each round and it will become a different game after a few rounds..

Possible suggestion for this round:-

1. Please implement tech bonus for this round.

2. Introduce crime in CN;TE

CN:TE could potentially become a big game..

It has a tactical advantages over games that one can start over after each round...

No crime.... TE is a more war orientated version of CN, so we should be focusing on improvements/wonders that could benefit that aspect.

I think we should reduce the amount of people with nukes again, I'm a strong believer that nukes have brought balance to TE. everyone with nukes is just mayhem :P I always enjoyed competing to get into the top 5%, now we don't have that challenge.

increase the cost of infra, people are passing 1billion on TE these days which is wrong, very very wrong.

bring some sort of benefits to alliances, such as an alliance bank were funds can be deposited and the alliance will have the option to invest that money into alliance wide wonders? this could be massively expanded on. or even a tax system to raise the funds.... who knows, the possibilities are endless with this one

Edited by EddyH

Increasing the cost of infra more wont change the fact that the people who can make over 1 billion will still make the same percentage more than those who can't. Placing tax brackets on earnings would make more sense just as they do in the real world.

Making nukes harder to obtain only puts them further out of reach for newbies and gives the veterans even more of an edge over them. If you want to grow the game, then making efforts to protect newbies is key. Another way is to attract the SE player base but who knows what they want as they already have too much of everything. Maybe create a military super wonder that can only be bought by those who play and win a TE flag.

The top 5% rule was an advantage for elites because they were guaranteed to make the top 5% and didn't have to spend 10 mill on an MP early or at all.

The requirements to buy nukes should be reduced to 1k infra and 100 tech, the current 2k infra/200 tech requirements is higher than SE's 1k infra and 75 tech. It only made it harder for newbies to obtain and the newbies who did buy them, couldn't afford them and crippled their nations for the entire round. Setting up newbies for failure isn't they way to grow the player base.

Increasing the cost of infra more wont change the fact that the people who can make over 1 billion will still make the same percentage more than those who can't. Placing tax brackets on earnings would make more sense just as they do in the real world.

Making nukes harder to obtain only puts them further out of reach for newbies and gives the veterans even more of an edge over them. If you want to grow the game, then making efforts to protect newbies is key. Another way is to attract the SE player base but who knows what they want as they already have too much of everything. Maybe create a military super wonder that can only be bought by those who play and win a TE flag.

The top 5% rule was an advantage for elites because they were guaranteed to make the top 5% and didn't have to spend 10 mill on an MP early or at all.

The requirements to buy nukes should be reduced to 1k infra and 100 tech, the current 2k infra/200 tech requirements is higher than SE's 1k infra and 75 tech. It only made it harder for newbies to obtain and the newbies who did buy them, couldn't afford them and crippled their nations for the entire round. Setting up newbies for failure isn't they way to grow the player base.

I have to agree with DT on this....especially the military wonder part. However lowering the nuke requirements that much would be a bad idea, I believe the whole reason the requirements changed was 1 to make it so everyone could obtain them, and 2 to make it harder for nuke rouges to just start a nation for that purpose.

My thought would be to raise the infra lvl to 2500 and even 250 tech but to lower the 10 mil cost of the MP to 5 mil. The extra 5 mil would go towards building to the raised requirements, and I saw plenty of noobs last round reach those markers.

If you really want to help the noobs, give them a peace mode. It could be a max of 5 days on with 10 days off or something like that. Maybe only allow them that option after a war, for like 10 days to help rebuild.

The other real big problem is the 50% attack margins, to many times I see nuke nations or 1000 + higher infra nations attacking nations that may have more tech or planes or navy or combination of all. Then once the DoW is done, the nation with more infra buys more planes etc.

I say lower the margin to 25% to help keep things a bit more fair. A 2000 infra nation attacking a 1500 infra nation vs a 1000 infra nations is a much better fight.

BG Edited by Burning Glory