The Big Boss

John More Dread

Then it was the forums. Either way it happened, the details unimportant to the point raised.

And another lie. You forget the alliance you are talking about I gather? The evil isolationists who avoid everyone?

Until now, we've avoided the OWF like the plague it is just like many others do. Even now, most of us still do.

Only to correct the lies of the children and poorly informed are what even bring us here to begin with, so the truth is made public... not deformed opinion.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another lie. You forget the alliance you are talking about I gather? The evil isolationists who avoid everyone?

No, it simply is not. The only reason I remember that detail is that it was almost a seldom occurrence where WTF was briefly discussed (and one member even posting to confirm the report) on the OWF. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely I would remember that brief moment in the OWF clusterfuck. That tidbit served as a comical relief back then, as everybody knew how in vain and desperate those sentiments were.

I must imagine though, that it wasn't an isolated case. There sure must have been many cases of such pleas towards GPA and WTF by various individuals during the years. Not at all different, to the one here and also combined by the same result.

No, it simply is not. The only reason I remember that detail is that it was almost a seldom occurrence where WTF was briefly discussed (and one member even posting to confirm the report) on the OWF. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely I would remember that brief moment in the OWF cluster$%&@. That tidbit served as a comical relief back then, as everybody knew how in vain and desperate those sentiments were.

I must imagine though, that it wasn't an isolated case. There sure must have been many cases of such pleas towards GPA and WTF by various individuals during the years. Not at all different, to the one here and also combined by the same result.

Yes, it simply is.

No matter how hard you want it not to be. There is also no Santa Claus, no matter how hard you might want there to be one. Of course, you won't find your proof on the OWF (though you were sure without doubt in your original statement that it was on IRC) ... because it never existed. And you'll say you won't look for it to help your case, or even that you care enough to, because you know its a throwaway lie you tried to pass as fact.

You're merely trying to save face right now because you didn't think anyone was looking that would call you out on it. This is why you're trying further to redirect and expand your original lie to include other cases you "imagine" must've happened and including GPA now. If you carpet bomb with enough lies, surely one is bound to be the truth, just like a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.

Keep trying, at least you'll add to your post count! :frantic:

Edited by Asa Phillips

We could do this all week. But we won't.

I have no time for your lacking reading comprehension (from my first post onwards I clearly stated that the event was brought to light on OWF, happened elsewhere- thought irc, but obviously I accept correction if it wasn't there), nor for your arrogant demeanor.

Both are worth very little to me.

Edited by Branimir

Friendly advice.

You and the OP should move your agenda to the only alliance in the game, which is also the most interested by the virtue of its 'proximity' to the situation, that can actually do something- GPA. Go and appeal to them, try to make one of the biggest political coups in game history and get them involved. Not only would that be 'epic', you might as well give it a go as there are fertile lands there. You never know.

Currently you are just agitating in the wrong way the rest of us on the sidelines that can not do anything about it, by your judgmental, misguided and preachy way you want to appeal to us.

It is good advice.

On the contrary, I'm really enjoying watching NPO, IRON, Umb, and DBDC maneuver around each other. I think if either NPO or IRON could get Umb with you, you'd pose a serious threat to DBDC. GPA might go down swinging, but it will be by themselves now, and alone they really aren't enough. Maybe they can weaken DBDC enough that NPO+IRON would be a sufficient counter.

I'm just enjoying discussing the challenge OOC here. Anyone who doesn't get or doesn't mind what DBDC stands for at this point isn't going to be swayed by me jumping and waving my arms.

We could do this all week. But we won't.

I have no time for your lacking reading comprehension (from my first post onwards I clearly stated that the event was brought to light on OWF, happened elsewhere- thought irc, but obviously I accept correction if it wasn't there), nor for your arrogant demeanor.

Both are worth very little to me.

You said it happened on IRC, you were wrong. In reply, you said "Then it was the forums". Again, wrong.

No reading comprehension required, your words are pretty simple to follow. Unless you aren't using them correctly perhaps? Then again.

The "arrogant" part somewhat hurts my feelings if we're being honest. Strictly because when taking into account the source of the observation apparently doesn't know what the word means, and that it actually applies to them.

Arrogant- having or showing the insulting attitude of people who believe that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people.

As if somehow you can just make up lies, and then change them, and they should just be right and override the truth because you say it is so. If you'd stop lying for the sake of trying to get someone to look at you? You won't have to fall on your face and embarrass yourself when you trip over them.

You said it happened on IRC, you were wrong. In reply, you said "Then it was the forums". Again, wrong.

No reading comprehension required, your words are pretty simple to follow. Unless you aren't using them correctly perhaps? Then again.

The "arrogant" part somewhat hurts my feelings if we're being honest. Strictly because when taking into account the source of the observation apparently doesn't know what the word means, and that it actually applies to them.

Arrogant- having or showing the insulting attitude of people who believe that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people.

As if somehow you can just make up lies, and then change them, and they should just be right and override the truth because you say it is so. If you'd stop lying for the sake of trying to get someone to look at you? You won't have to fall on your face and embarrass yourself when you trip over them.

Oh look, it's Ramirus Maximus.

It happened on the forums. Your forums are public people can see it. I've even quoted you and we are the liars.

You aren't arrogant, you're hilariously confident.

You and your halfwits go around saying "Proof or it didn't happen" and when we show proof and quoted text you proceed with OOC attacks and "You're stupid." Your laughing emojis I'd have to say have been your most effective argument!

Also "WTF's opinion is fact" is a pretty hilarious argument too. As if your opinion is legitimized because you call it fact.

You're brain is selectively permeable to dimwitted ideas. All I see are rage posts by you. Go basque in your hole disease with your OOC insults and LOLz emojis. 

Oh look, it's Ramirus Maximus.

It happened on the forums. Your forums are public people can see it. I've even quoted you and we are the liars.

You aren't arrogant, you're hilariously confident.

You and your halfwits go around saying "Proof or it didn't happen" and when we show proof and quoted text you proceed with OOC attacks and "You're stupid." Your laughing emojis I'd have to say have been your most effective argument!

Also "WTF's opinion is fact" is a pretty hilarious argument too. As if your opinion is legitimized because you call it fact.

You're brain is selectively permeable to dimwitted ideas. All I see are rage posts by you. Go basque in your hole disease with your OOC insults and LOLz emojis. 

Ooooooh big words! Nice! Its almost as if you matter more with the greater use of syllables!

Never has "WTF opinion" been presented as fact. We honestly cant be bother to lie about things we care so little about. The truth has been presented as fact. Brute force en masse lies dont make something true just because one chimpanzee repeats it back after he learns it from another, like using a tool for the first time. Funny how you're accusation with proof was corrected on our forums with a pm from Cuba himself, and you never replied again. Though I suspect you were muzzled, for the second time, more than being too intelligent to be embarrassed by the clarification of what you [i]thought[/i] was true.

I would think the fact that no one in DBDC has ever posted in support of your statement should be enough. Apparently not.

You're internet-cool speak is cute, but not nearly as cute as you trying to come to the rescue of your lying compatriot by calling me horribly means names that will keep me awake all night.

Edited by Asa Phillips

Because that really shows them up on a high horse. :huh:

Don't you ever get tired of carrying your IC grudges and propaganda over into the OOC?

Because that really shows them up on a high horse. :huh:

Don't you ever get tired of carrying your IC grudges and propaganda over into the OOC?

I thought this entire thread was about grudges and propaganda. Please see OP.

I thought this entire thread was about grudges and propaganda. Please see OP.

I did see the OP, and it's asking an OOC question concerning the game mechanics and trends.

Does it appear to me that the OP is also trying to sneak in a little grudge and propaganda through the back door as well? Sure does. That's no excuse for the replies that are even worse. 

I have no grudges against WTF, IC or OOC. It would be hard to develop one, seeing as they do nothing. I am not selling any propaganda, but giving my honest opinion. I even dispensed a couple of good advices.

Ooooooh big words! Nice! Its almost as if you matter more with the greater use of syllables!

Never has "WTF opinion" been presented as fact. We honestly cant be bother to lie about things we care so little about. The truth has been presented as fact. Brute force en masse lies dont make something true just because one chimpanzee repeats it back after he learns it from another, like using a tool for the first time. Funny how you're accusation with proof was corrected on our forums with a pm from Cuba himself, and you never replied again. Though I suspect you were muzzled, for the second time, more than being too intelligent to be embarrassed by the clarification of what you thought was true.

I would think the fact that no one in DBDC has ever posted in support of your statement should be enough. Apparently not.

You're internet-cool speak is cute, but not nearly as cute as you trying to come to the rescue of your lying compatriot by calling me horribly means names that will keep me awake all night.

I was never muzzled the first time and especially not the second.

I opted to ignore you fine gentleman because I didn't find it worth arguing against OOC attacks in regards to my parents. Once you civilized primates talked about fornicating my mother and father I opted out.

If you care so little I fail to see why you keep coming back to rage. 

I did see the OP, and it's asking an OOC question concerning the game mechanics and trends.

Does it appear to me that the OP is also trying to sneak in a little grudge and propaganda through the back door as well? Sure does. That's no excuse for the replies that are even worse. 

If calling everyone in the game a loser for not fighting DBDC is just a little grudge and propaganda, I don't see how Branimir is doing much more. He's simply stating why a lot of nations don't consider defending WTF or attacking DBDC to be a priority. I've heard many of the same arguments from others informally (one NG member, that shall remain anonymous, even considers DBDC to be "useless", but every other NGer enjoys the friendship), so Branimir is doing Asa a favor by letting WTF address them. I'm not super fond of the tone of Asa's responses, but he's free to rally to his cause as he wishes.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to make friends by insulting people (something that Non Grata has burned for in the past), but I appreciate the effort by WTF. If they are really wanting to rally people to their cause, or at least weaken DBDC's ties, then they need to try a different approach.

If calling everyone in the game a loser for not fighting DBDC is just a little grudge and propaganda, I don't see how Branimir is doing much more. He's simply stating why a lot of nations don't consider defending WTF or attacking DBDC to be a priority.

No, he's *overstating* it, in an inflammatory, propagandistic way.

He didnt just say 'WTF hasnt helped anyone when they were attacked, why should anyone help WTF now?'  he embellished and exagerrated dramatically and when called on it he's trying to stone-face it.  And the entire effort appears to be an IC attempt to draw the conversation off topic into pages of personal recriminations like the typical World Affairs topic.

But if he had said that, well, it would seem the OP gives an answer. Not necessarily a compelling one, but an answer of sorts. The OP at least implies a classic argument - don't help because you owe WTF, you dont. Help because it's in your own best interests to do so, because you will have to fight DBDC eventually, and this is as good a chance as you will get.

Depending on which AA you are in, there are probably plenty of good reasons to question the logic, without needing to invent conversations that never happened, or embellish ones that did beyond recognition (it might be argued that amounts to the same thing.) 

And as I believe I pointed out earlier, even if we do buy all the steps in that argument, it wouldn't necessarily result in alliances that despise each other suddenly being able to work together anyway.

Karma overcame all of that briefly but Pacifica at terminal stage had spent years abusing their position and had so many individual enemies spread through so many different alliances that it became inevitable.

At times I feel like I am the only one that understands both Asa and Branimir. Neither tends to usually be particularly nice, but that doesn't mean that they're interested in dumbed down provocations for the sake of it. Not at all.

On topic: JMD might have been trying to inject propaganda in the OWF, but that doesn't change the fact that this OOC discussion could have been interesting. Much respect to Prodigal and Sigrun for at least trying. :)

Well this thread produced.

I have been called a liar in the most annoyingly arrogant way in my claim that an event happened by, it turns out, an individual directly involved in it. I have graciously let it go just confirming my point. Not ripping anyone a new one. Not that invested. Now I am called a propagandist for stating my honest opinion, although I do not have a horse in the race. Because my opinion is not shared by some or doesn't jive with their agenda.

...he embellished and exagerrated dramatically and when called on it he's trying to stone-face it.

There has been enough falsehoods claimed in this thread already. I was not 'called out' for exaggeration of something, but rather in my claim that it happened.

We settled that one.

Those that wish to turn the alarm bells about DBDC, need to;

- be less judgmental, preachy, petulant, condescending, in short, more reasonable in their approach and arguments

- know the address for their efforts

Now, I had enough of you. You will have to excuse me from this point onwards.

"Remember that time when you went over to Johns house drunk and you slapped his face and called him a wuss in front of his wife?"

"Uh, no. Definitely not. That never happened. "

*runs off, finds old video, returns with it*

"Did so. Look I have proof! "

"Oh, you are talking about that? I didn't go over drunk, he was having a party and we were drinking there. I didn't slap him something startled him and he jumped into my arm, which only contacted him in the back. And I didnt call him a wuss, but his wife was there, and she said something like that jokingly. "

"So you admit it happened!"

Spare me.

Spare me.

No need for imaginative storytelling, its all here in this thread clearcut. Anybody can read it, needs no interpretation or mental gymnastics.

But WOW, its been a while since somebody stunned me here with their stupidity in the face of obvious and clear. Had to come back to congratulate you on that. I am not even mad, thats amazing. :o  Just,...wow

Oh I get it. Calling DBDC's allies "lackey losers" is objective, but saying WTF was given opportunities to intervene against upper tier powers in the past is bombastic propaganda. Branimir is why we can't have nice things.

No need for imaginative storytelling, its all here in this thread clearcut. Anybody can read it, needs no interpretation or mental gymnastics.

But WOW, its been a while since somebody stunned me here with their stupidity in the face of obvious and clear. Had to come back to congratulate you on that. I am not even mad, thats amazing.

:o  Just,...wow

It is a thread (stared by Rogal) about Argent. I might be biased, but I agree that its highly relevant.

But WOW, its been a while since somebody stunned me here with their stupidity in the face of obvious and clear. Had to come back to congratulate you on that. I am not even mad, thats amazing. :o  Just,...wow

As an uninvolved 3rd party I'd have to echo sigrun here. Your original claim was extremely exaggerated and the link you posted as "proof" was weak at best. WTF just didn't want to get involved with rolling Umbrella because it wasn't their war or their problem, I don't see how that's arrogance or them dismissing you from a "high horse." 

That is an absolute lie. And a pathetic attempt of one at that. We've never had an IRC we use where anyone outside of WTF can find it.

I would like to also point out that Asa is wrong. #worldtaskforce on coldfront (or was it esper?) was a public channel for WTF that was held by ... You.  :o I vaguely remember it being in use for some time ~5 years ago. Fishguts ..second (?) marriage?  :D

guardians-of-the-galaxy-drax.jpg

Edited by Unknown Smurf