Treaty Cancellation

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think people would learn at some point.

Dude you could make an alliance called "Not Got Your Backistan" and people would still sign them and be shocked when they didn't help them during war time.

I'm sure you could find some people that would be shocked if someone hit RnR and they got countered by NATO.

Same way people were shocked DT defended LoSS before they upgraded their treaty

Some people would be stunned to find out water is wet

God call Vallhalla.

He said y'all need Jeezus.

Seriously though, what if Valhalla is trying to illustrate that literally all of the political jockeying you are doing to get yourself on the winning side is fucking useless. Instead of spending hours upon hours of diplomacy to get yourself off the losing side and onto the winning side you can just fight when your sides gonna win and not fight when you're gonna lose.

It's like they're following DBDCs footsteps. Next they'll just have to wait until theyre necessary for the next war and ask for favors as people beg them to be on their side. Edited by Unknown Smurf

Sad but apparently inevitable. Best wishes to both parties going forward.

@US that's mostly true, and has more to do with the current state of the political scene than with any particular alliance.

Also jumping in on the already winning side is a game for mice.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

He said y'all need Jeezus.

Seriously though, what if Valhalla is trying to illustrate that literally all of the political jockeying you are doing to get yourself on the winning side is !@#$@#$ useless. Instead of spending hours upon hours of diplomacy to get yourself off the losing side and onto the winning side you can just fight when your sides gonna win and not fight when you're gonna lose.

It's like they're following DBDCs footsteps. Next they'll just have to wait until theyre necessary for the next war and ask for favors as people beg them to be on their side.

Wars are fun, winning or losing doesn't seem to make much difference to how much fun in my experience.

Wars are fun, winning or losing doesn't seem to make much difference to how much fun in my experience.

It's about who you're fighting really, I mean didn't have much fun fighting Polar because we don't dislike them. When I fought GOONS that was great, we took a lot of damage but it was a group I didn't like. Sparta was a mix as I didn't have any issues with them until I'd had to speak to them :)

So if you're fighting someone worth while then it doesn't matter

I suppose this was the obvious change coming out of the last war.  I wish you all the best.

On another related note:

It is ironic that Valhalla may not enter Valhalla.

It's so terribly droll that the place you named your alliance after is the one place none of you will ever see.

Nice work, Jayson Blair, I mean Margrave.

It's about who you're fighting really, I mean didn't have much fun fighting Polar because we don't dislike them. When I fought GOONS that was great, we took a lot of damage but it was a group I didn't like. Sparta was a mix as I didn't have any issues with them until I'd had to speak to them :)

So if you're fighting someone worth while then it doesn't matter

That's true, fighting NoR was fun just because it was NoR. That said, fighting NPO in the last war was fun in a different way, we have nothing against each other it's just the way things fell but they were mostly good spirited about blowing us up :P

That's true, fighting NoR was fun just because it was NoR. That said, fighting NPO in the last war was fun in a different way, we have nothing against each other it's just the way things fell but they were mostly good spirited about blowing us up :P

I like the 2nd kind of war you are describing here.  I would much rather have no animosity and lots of playful banter than somebody who has their feelings hurt or who is just a complete troll.  I felt that way mostly when I fought Int. (plus I had the privilege of helping to send Xanth to ZI), and more recently, Legion.  Mostly playful banter without hurt feelings.  Many nukes launched.

Anyway, sorry to see allies part, but tis the way of the world.  Good luck to both Polar and Valhalla.