Official Spartan Announcement

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned that quite often the reason the grudge began is still as valid as it ever was.  If Sparta wants to move on over, do so, but this is a very strange way of demonstrating  fealty to your new task masters,

And so you will always be plagued by the grudges you held. However, that is not how we all want to play the [ooc]game[/ooc], and Sparta in particular has no reason to hold onto meaningless grudges. We were once on a different side, now we are not. It is as simple as that. What we would have done for our previous allies we will do for our current allies.

Edited by adrian

I doubt Polar would expect you to hide under pretend AAs to support them rolling neutrals, wrong NPO, and even then, Pacifica had the balls to do so under their own banner.

Edited by Mogar

I'm really not wasting anymore time with you, My alliance has wasted enough time and burnt enough NS for you in the past to bother any further. Canceling XX and you were the best decisions I've ever made, and I'd do it again without a second thought.

I'm sorry, but this is cute. Are you really this delusional or are you just trying to showboat?
I've seen the conversation where you said you were leaving XX and canceling all of the individual treaties.
You knew you were about to be kicked out (and had already been told by Dajobo that he was canceling your Polar treaty) and "made the decision" to pretend like it was all your idea.

This is sad. Openly switching sides after a losing war is never a good look. But your "friends" have you fighting a false flag operation for them without so much as a treaty between the two of you, while the most their actual allies do is make thinly veiled threats and then deny it on OWF? And then you come right out and publicly admit that the AA Sparta is in full support of the AA Blood Pack - ruining the entire point of jumping AA's?

You look like a bunch of muppets here. I was disappointed over our treaty cancellation, but if this is the level of cluelessness that's been going on behind closed doors, I totally get it now. Just don't kid yourself that you were burning "for" us all these years, and not because you sought out the mutual defense of XX and were  are just as hated by the other side as the rest of us.

Some people question legitimacy of Blood Pack alliance based on the fact that it has no charter and that it hasn't issued a declaration of existence. But why does it matter? For example, Swash Plates and Tail Rotors do not have a charter as well. And it is not a problem.

So in your world, are we supposed to follow whatever side you want? You can act all surprised and such, but our views have been differing with our former allies for quite a bit now. What we are doing now is just a continuation of our change in FA policy. While we may disagree, to call us cowardice is not fair. We don't wish to continue upon the same path as you, but while we were on it, even when we disagreed we put our whole ns on the line for our allies. I would hope you guys recognize that and let us move on peacefully instead of becoming bitter that we would not follow you guys until the end of time.

How exactly are your views different from Polar? They don't support attacking neutrals, you do? They don't support switching sides, you do? Give me a reason why you're switching sides. If you've been on a different page for so long, and have been friendly with these guys for so long, why were they attacking you without a CB just a few months ago? Sparta has not been on a different page for "quite a bit now". You're adapting yourselves to suit someone else, and it is a recent change.

Dajobo, I've always viwed us as similiar leaders, especially as we both initially brought our alliances together. I have the utmost respect for you and for Polaris, and I wish we were still allied at this point and time. It brings me great pain that we aren't, and I still hope that there is some way to sway you and us to end up allied again and put this mess behind us, though I very much doubt that at this point.

I will say this though, there is no doubt, and no point in denying that certain Spartan leadership has attacked WTF nations at this point. That would just be plain silly. However, we have not delcared on WTF. Had we declared war on them, there'd be more wars, there'd be more damage, there'd be more evidence of Spartan involvment. We have chosen to help our friends in a limited way. We have not shyed away from our involvement, and have answered trutfully when questioned about it.

Hold treaties again? You're switching sides to join the people who just instituted a war against Polar that cost 10+ million NS in total loss, after months of taking potshots at both yours, and Polars upper tier. Not to mention, all the ruckus DA has caused in back channels. I will say this as an outsider - there is almost no chance they take you back in the next few years. I hope you enjoy your new side. At least most people wait a few months to switch sides on their old allies. But then again, Sparta did say they will enjoy watching Polar burn. So, who knows.

Lastly, saying that "Sparta has not declared war because only a few members have attacked" may be the worst defense of all-time. You have government members switching over, in a government sanctioned attack on WTF. You would never, ever do this if you weren't following DBDC because WTF would destroy you guys. So please, spare me the attempt at humanitarianism. You're attacking an alliance with no CB to grovel at the feet of a foreign power.

There's absolutely no way to save face in this situation.

Adrian can mourn the treaty he helped make possible, he spent plenty of hours involved in it.

With that said, we made no secret we were displeased with Beer-o-Sphere, and felt XX never had lived up to its intended purpose. It wasn't the first time we've reviewed our membership there.

But, you know, I'm sure a non-Delegate would know better than the former and current leader of the AA in question, so carry on with your rhetoric.

Edited by DeathAdder

No it's not. This is what Sparta has been all about for seven years now. Haven't you been paying attention, Foxy?

Damn, Fair enough!

Adrian can mourn the treaty he helped make possible, he spent plenty of hours involved in it.

With that said, we made no secret we were displeased with Beer-o-Sphere, and felt XX never had lived up to its intended purpose. It wasn't the first time we've reviewed our membership there.

But, you know, I'm sure a non-Delegate would know better than the leader of the AA in question, so carry on with your rhetoric.

How long until you grow displeased with your new friends? What exactly was the intended purpose of XX? You're acting as if XX failed you...that isn't reality.

XX didn't fail us. It simply didn't work out. -Shrugs.-

I don't necessarily blame any one AA or individual for it, either, that's just how things were. At least in our opinion.

Many of us simply felt it never lived up to its intended Charter, I could go into depth, and elaborate every little nitpick had about it, but at the end of the day, it boiled down to Sparta feeling the spirited purpose of the Bloc had been lost long ago, and to carry it on any further, on our part, would've been merely beating a dead horse.

XX didn't fail us. It simply didn't work out. -Shrugs.-

I don't necessarily blame any one AA or individual for it, either, that's just how things were. At least in our opinion.

Many of us simply felt it never lived up to its intended Charter, I could go into depth, and elaborate every little nitpick had about it, but at the end of the day, it boiled down to Sparta feeling the spirited purpose of the Bloc had been lost long ago, and to carry it on any further, on our part, would've been merely beating a dead horse.

Well, I can respect that point, at least.

What I see as cowardice is dog piling an alliance only because they are defending themselves against a tech raid.

The tech raid itself is not an act of cowardice, I'd say that:

A) The raider calling their friends to attack the alliance being raided because they are standing their ground would be coward

B) Threatening with war an alliance just because is defending against a raid is coward, specially if the raiders didn't ask for help.

C) Attacking said alliance because is defending against a raid without a provocation from that alliance other than fighting the raiders is coward.

All these situations aren't exclusive and can happen in different combinations, as we have seen lately.

Also, I don't think that the regular membership of ODN or Sparta are cowards, I think that of the govt members doing the aforementioned. If the regular membership decides to sheeply do as their govts say against an isolated alliance that is merely defending itself from a raid, well, they might fit in the coward category too.

We protect our protectorates. And hey, at least we actually fight with our allies in a global war.

If anyone hits our protectorates, we will roll out on them without a second thought. So see you around if you're dumb enough to try it.

Its about as much of an alliance as any other temporary rogue alliance and no one would have to hit them as I'm sure if WTF asked around nicely they could get a number of them rogues sanctioned and put a stop to most travelling there for sport as it would have economical and military effectiveness consequences for their nations.