This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

Sadistic is just enigmatic enough to sum it up nicely. 

Good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Is that to say that Polar carries the spirit of rebellion these days? I'm a bit out of the loop, you see

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadistic is just enigmatic enough to sum it up nicely. 

Good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Is that to say that Polar carries the spirit of rebellion these days? I'm a bit out of the loop, you see

Polar just carries the expectation of something that Polar has never sought.  People are always disappointed and will continue to be so.  We are not here to save the world from itself, the world can suit itself.

Although I never mentioned CT, I will state I don't think he is that bad of a guy. He was swept away on the tide in the hopes of staying safe, which is a position quite a few people find themselves in these days. It is hard to continue to fault him for that when he has taken steps to rectify his previous actions.

That's a convenient attempt to whitewash the recent history of your new champion against DBDC, but CT was not swept away by anything. He made a decision to switch to DBDC during the MQ/TDO conflict to attack nations DBDC had declared on, and was content to raid with DBDC for the past two years. He has taken no steps to rectify the same actions for which you criticise DBDC, except to return following personality conflicts when those actions threatened his own alliance. Even then, his response was to declare on Cuba and then go rogue on 3 SPATR nations to settle his own grudges rather than countering wars against WTF.

That's a convenient attempt to whitewash the recent history of your new champion against DBDC, but CT was not swept away by anything. He made a decision to switch to DBDC during the MQ/TDO conflict to attack nations DBDC had declared on, and was content to raid with DBDC for the past two years. He has taken no steps to rectify the same actions for which you criticise DBDC, except to return following personality conflicts when those actions threatened his own alliance. Even then, his response was to declare on Cuba and then go rogue on 3 SPATR nations to settle his own grudges rather than countering wars against WTF.

Your alliance fought against MQ/DBDC and most recently fought an aggressive conflict entirely for their benefit, are you saying people don't change?

Your alliance fought against MQ/DBDC and most recently fought an aggressive conflict entirely for their benefit, are you saying people don't change?

I wish you would change and stop posting but I guess people never do change.

:smug:

Edit: Forgot that sweet smiley face.

Edited by TwitchHard

While what you say, in practice may be correct, I just want to point out that Thriller did not "handle the heat." They tucked tail and disbanded. So coming from you, it really is ineffectual commentary. If you do not practice what you preach, do not preach it, memories are long.

Handling the heat doesn't necessarily mean winning. It means accepting the consequences of your actions, regardless of what that means.

It wasn't entirely for their benefit, we had goals that we wanted achieved...and they were, although there were some unfortunate side effects.

Besides that, when a whole chunk of the world decided to start a global war against our allies instead of helping with MQ/DBDC we ended up getting to know them and realized we shared similar goals and views on some subjects. Also we became friends, although thats not a reason to join together by itself.

I wish you would change and stop posting but I guess people never do change.

:smug:

Gain some NS and come and make me.

It wasn't entirely for their benefit, we had goals that we wanted achieved...and they were, although there were some unfortunate side effects.

Besides that, when a whole chunk of the world decided to start a global war against our allies instead of helping with MQ/DBDC we ended up getting to know them and realized we shared similar goals and views on some subjects. Also we became friends, although thats not a reason to join together by itself.

It was entirely for their benefit, unless you're somehow benefiting from yet another neutral AA getting rolled simply because they exist. I'm glad to see NATO is so willing to exchange their ideals for security.

Edited by Mogar

So basically the reason alliances have allied with DBDC and will drop them once the threat is over or thrill is gone. But since CT did it as a single nation he's a slime ball while you're politically-savvy.

Spare me.

I have no idea about CT's past or character but I've gleaned enough to know he doesn't sound any different from any alliance, and once you get to the "god" tier, a nation can pretty much act as an alliance.

Sorry, Hal, DBDC will not be recognizing your neutrality anytime soon, so I would approve of the first option if it freed their resources to focus on Val.

But the latter option is more likely. Inertia is always hard to break, and DBDC should look at WTF as a threat to their goals at this point.

If you want to rattle DBDC's saber, I suggest you get their permission first.  Actually, watching you try is a bit sad, "Deputy of Trades".  Don't you have some whiny messages from NG members to respond to complaining because their Cattle and Pigs trade isn't accepting fast enough?

WTF wasn't a threat to DBDC's plans in any way, save that they had some nations taking up slots in the top 250 nations.  If we've gotten to the point that is is a "thing" (clearing the top 250 nations of neutrals), then some people must be so bored it actually physically hurts.

If you want to rattle DBDC's saber, I suggest you get their permission first.  Actually, watching you try is a bit sad, "Deputy of Trades".  Don't you have some whiny messages from NG members to respond to complaining because their Cattle and Pigs trade isn't accepting fast enough?

Agreed. We should take every opportunity to crap all over people who are involved in the econ side of things. For no reason in particular, too. That's right. Just to add a little jab because they're bothering us. They deserve it, what with their getting so much recognition outside their alliance, plus all the gold and women.

Seriously, Hal. This is officially the weirdest thing you've ever posted.

(Plus, the complaint was from me and it was Iron and Lumber.)

Gain some NS and come and make me.
It was entirely for their benefit, unless you're somehow benefiting from yet another neutral AA getting rolled simply because they exist. I'm glad to see NATO is so willing to exchange their ideals for security.

I was not referring to the current war with WTF but the Doom War.

Plus it we didn't trade ideals for security, we've proven we don't mind throwing our upper tier away against super nations. We joined like minded AA's to accomplish shared goals.

TB we don't think for one moment the ODN's of this world give a fig about what Polaris or NSO think of them. I can't speak for others but I know I went and read the threads for myself and my own interest and didn't even post in it as it's not our battle.

I DO however think ODN care about what their own allies think of it.

I'm delighted to say that ODN would have our support as they do in all things. 

I'm delighted to say that ODN would have our support as they do in all things. 

So 7 CnG nations being protected from raids in the "god tier" is worth more than the protection of other 308 nations not in it? That you would consider openly supporting wanton destruction of CnG members nations for the sole reason of defending a rogue alliance doing a botched up raid is naive at best and idiotic at worse.

That's if you could even sell the war to your members.

TLR isnt exactly the most active, it's the other two members of C&G that would need to be sold on the war, and after Atlas's performance last war and considering how GATO operates to declare war, I suspect that would be unlikely, at best.