GOONS Announcement

hGxo8xC.png
Coup d'état Announcement: 'Coup Sardonic' jokes remain as unfunny as ever

We're here to announce the semi-retirement of our Co-Pilot, KenMorningstar. Due to his otherworldly pursuits, he no longer feels that he can spend enough time on GOONS affairs and so he has retired as Co-Pilot, and joined the GOONS Council, where he can continue to aid and advise us on matters of importance at his leisure. We thank him for the time he has willingly wasted on CN to our benefit, and we wish him well in his endeavors. I had spent the last year in a blissful state of retirement after two years as Secretariat before that, but unfortunately all good things come to an end eventually. Which is why in his place, I have been selected as the next Co-Pilot for GOONS. I look forward to working closely with our allies and friends, as well as Sardonic, Milton and the rest of our government in the months ahead. I am grateful for this opportunity and hope to serve GOONS well into the future.

As Co-Pilot I am also here to make a pledge to the rest of you. Whether you are an ally, a friend, or someone who dislikes GOONS or myself personally, I pledge that my door will always remain open so that should there be any disputes, we can find a solution through constructive dialogue. Let there be no issue that we can't solve together. Or at least bury next to Ken's corpse to revisit later.

-Marx, Co-Pilot

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a fun ride. I enjoyed getting to know some of you out there better. Working with TOP, MI6 and Sparta was a pleasure and it was good to solidify ties with you all during my time as CoPilot.

As my otherworldly duties are taking most of my time I felt it necessary to pass the torch to Marx. I'm sure GOONS will continue to grow under his tenure. I'm looking forward to taking some time off from dealing with everything here and hope everyone has a fun time as things progress.

As always our forums are always open to everyone, feel free to stop by and try not to get buried by my corpse, it's not a nice location. Marx didn't even get me a decent tree.

Edited by KenMorningstar

Hey look it's Rush being wrong again. How crazy.

Wrong is relative and subjective, I base my opinion on empirical evidence, embassy posts , past conversations and history. Leopards and spots and such (I chose this analogy for a very specific reason, not my words.)

Wrong is relative and subjective, I base my opinion on empirical evidence, embassy posts , past conversations and history. Leopards and spots and such (I chose this analogy for a very specific reason, not my words.)

No, in this case it's neither of those things. You said you "know" that roll NPO will remain policy. Knowing something requires it to be a fact. Thinking that might be the case would still be incorrect because you are defining a black or white situation where they either want to roll NPO or not roll NPO.

And I can almost guarantee you that you are wrong.

I remember Emperor Marx when he was an incompetent bumbling doofus who could bare herd that melange of half-wits known as \m/. Now he's surprised us all I think, definitely has moved leaps and bounds of the years to a leader worthy of being heard.

No, in this case it's neither of those things. You said you "know" that roll NPO will remain policy. Knowing something requires it to be a fact. Thinking that might be the case would still be incorrect because you are defining a black or white situation where they either want to roll NPO or not roll NPO.

And I can almost guarantee you that you are wrong.

Within the political confines of Planet Bob, one does not need X to happen to play the political game based on the belief that Y is a fact. 

Congratulations to KenMo on finally finding peace.
Best wishes to Marx for his service. It always seemed to me that he's competent and frank, I can see why the GOONS choose him again.