Spartan Treaty Announcements

I doubt I can be accused of defending MI6's FA, or their taste in allies... but they actually went to great lenghts to defend their choice to treaty Sparta and offered extensive explanations about your worth as allies. This sounds a bit shallow, that's all. I don't know the details of your relationship and how/why it ended, obviously.

It is what it is. Sparta and MI6 both know where each other's heads are at with this, and it's time to move on.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is what it is. Sparta and MI6 both know where each other's heads are at with this, and it's time to move on.

Okay I can accept most of the crap in this thread without commenting, but when someone insinuates that they know where Sparta's head is at, on any subject, well that's pushing things too far :|

Okay I can accept most of the crap in this thread without commenting, but when someone insinuates that they know where Sparta's head is at, on any subject, well that's pushing things too far :|

Really?

I would think this thread alone tells you a lot about where Sparta's head is at.

//In changing their FA direction, obviously.
///What did you think I meant?

I have pretty mixed feelings here.

I find DeathAdder to be a pretty decent fella, though I do not much care for Sparta. I have more friends than I can count to in Mi6, and I think very little of them as well, but looking at this as an observer, my guess is it went something like this:

Between the last 2 wars, Sparta was, for the 1st time in their history, trying to make meaningful moves to cement the sphere they were a part of. They were met with tons of resistance by everyone they approached, and their treaty with Mi6 was a LARGE factor. They resigned themselves to their perdicament, fought the losing war, decided to move on. In some ways, this is to their credit. By the same token, over the course of the last several months, the folks in Mi6 have had an epiphany, and realized they needed to change their image, this too, is to their credit. There should be no reward or brownie points given to the fact that Mi6 defended them, paper and broader coalition strategies led to this much moreso than anyone in Mi6 going "Sparta needs help, lets go help them." You 2 both seem to be better off without one another, and for that you should both be happy. 

I, for one, am happy to see some vitriol in this cancellation, not because of my personal feelinsg towards either alliance (honestly), but because treaty cancellations need more honesty about them... and all of the "well wishing" and the "we still love you, best of luck" posts, are a total detriment to the political game. When moves are made to change political directions, you are basically telling people "we are really better off without them" and this SHOULD create more political drama. Kudos to both of you, in this case, for not honor-sucking and for letting honesty and reality flow. (I really truly do mean this to both of you)... well played.

Clearly their heads up their.....

No?

No one gonna take that easy set up?

Shocking

Really?

I would think this thread alone tells you a lot about where Sparta's head is at.

//In changing their FA direction, obviously.
///What did you think I meant?

I meant in general and in response to Gibs, not so much in respect to this announcement :/

Clearly their heads up their.....

No?

No one gonna take that easy set up?

Shocking

You see the not so subtle intimation that's the funny part. We aren't Adam Sandler where it has to be shouted out so some idiots who are watching a terrible movie can get it. It's more humorous in its current iteration without spelling it out. So there is no need to finish the implied thought above.

Can't see how I am a try hard, but by all means carry on with the insults. I mean if I don't piss some people off i clearly am not doing my job right.

alexio- i feel like we don't agree most of the time- but as a leader, step your game up
[11/18/2014 12:57:41 AM] hitchcock: ODN is currently declaring on UPN... which i was told they would hit Polar if anything... as our leader, get your head in the game- quit being a puppet and find us a target. ATM, we are worse coordinated than SCAR. we are atlas, if you want to send a message to planet bob that we are a legit alliance, then act like it. our members are sitting in defcon 1, and watching everyone else bask in the glory. as whatever i am in defense, this is frustrating
[11/18/2014 1:03:52 PM] Alexio: I am my friend don't worry I have got us legion we just need them to counter someone. Hopefully they are the idiots sent to counter ODN if Polaris are too stupid.
[11/18/2014 1:04:19 PM] Alexio: Just understand man the people calling the shots in this coalition is the aztec doomsphere they are assigning targets
[11/18/2014 1:04:31 PM] Alexio: I have told them I am pissed off with the changes
[11/18/2014 1:05:22 PM] Alexio: As with the target list it was something I was hoping all the Chancellors could do when they had a little free time because I understand your situation with work
[11/19/2014 12:04:01 AM] hitchcock: i feel like ODN is not doing that great on UPN, with all of the fire power they have, they didn't exactly make a stellar entry into the war. I feel like atlas could have perform a better 1st night quad than they did
[11/19/2014 6:35:32 AM] Alexio: Yeah i know the problem mate is they are just better bait then us
[11/19/2014 6:35:38 AM] Alexio: We need to draw polar out
[11/20/2014 3:32:12 AM] hitchcock: won't polar draw themselves out with the their new tech blocking policy? I mean, why can't we just be atlas, do what is best for us
[11/20/2014 8:30:18 AM] Alexio: Unfortunately they handed themselves on a platter to dt and dt haven't done anything. It's not that I don't want to do the best for us but the longer we are on the sidelines the better for us. Plus dog piling legion is a good set of odds for us we can hit hard and take minimal damage back
[11/21/2014 12:05:09 AM] hitchcock: but it doesn't set us on a path of bring atlas to the light
[11/21/2014 12:05:14 AM]hitchcock: bringing*
[11/21/2014 12:06:04 AM] hitchcock: our war stratagy just keeps us relevant, we will be simple old atlas after the war. in order to turn heads, we are better off making a bold move, win-or-lose, something that will keep people talking. right now we are going through the motions
[11/21/2014 12:06:23 AM] hitchcock: we'd have more respect hitting polar instead of dog piling legion

Now I understand that during a coalition, orders need to be followed.
However, sitting in defcon 1 with troops maxed-out for a month that we were either going to:
1) hit a fresh target
or
2) hit a 'dog-piled' wonder/tech heavy nations.

Flash foward- atlas hit invicta and they wrecked atlas- and it was embarrassing

Even more embarrassing, is that I don't know what Atlas' stats would have been without the LavenderTown nations on their side :i
Of which the three of us at Monsters Inc out damaged Invicta following all of our wars.

And I don't have anything against Invicta, and I love to war, but I'd rather pick a target I didn't like rather than to sacrifice my infra to some big-wig over at another AA who I've never even talked to before, so that you feel important in the back channels with other alliances rather than being a leader and actually supporting your own members.

and my shout out to Non Grata was because at one point in the game, they were the alliance to fear.

Their initial 'target' was a complete down-declare for them.

It wasn't until polar declared on them that they were able to show that they still have legitimate firepower

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

We have Sparta cancellations with Fark, Polar, MHa, and Mi6, and the logs we get is Atlas gov debating the merits of hitting UPN? These are not the logs we are looking for.

Also, Atlas hitting UPN would have been terribly dumb, as anyone looking at their wiki could tell you.

alexio- i feel like we don't agree most of the time- but as a leader, step your game up
[11/18/2014 12:57:41 AM] hitchcock: ODN is currently declaring on UPN... which i was told they would hit Polar if anything... as our leader, get your head in the game- quit being a puppet and find us a target. ATM, we are worse coordinated than SCAR. we are atlas, if you want to send a message to planet bob that we are a legit alliance, then act like it. our members are sitting in defcon 1, and watching everyone else bask in the glory. as whatever i am in defense, this is frustrating
[11/18/2014 1:03:52 PM] Alexio: I am my friend don't worry I have got us legion we just need them to counter someone. Hopefully they are the idiots sent to counter ODN if Polaris are too stupid.
[11/18/2014 1:04:19 PM] Alexio: Just understand man the people calling the shots in this coalition is the aztec doomsphere they are assigning targets
[11/18/2014 1:04:31 PM] Alexio: I have told them I am pissed off with the changes
[11/18/2014 1:05:22 PM] Alexio: As with the target list it was something I was hoping all the Chancellors could do when they had a little free time because I understand your situation with work
[11/19/2014 12:04:01 AM] hitchcock: i feel like ODN is not doing that great on UPN, with all of the fire power they have, they didn't exactly make a stellar entry into the war. I feel like atlas could have perform a better 1st night quad than they did
[11/19/2014 6:35:32 AM] Alexio: Yeah i know the problem mate is they are just better bait then us
[11/20/2014 3:32:12 AM] hitchcock: won't polar draw themselves out with the their new tech blocking policy? I mean, why can't we just be atlas, do what is best for us
[11/20/2014 8:30:18 AM] Alexio: Unfortunately they handed themselves on a platter to dt and dt haven't done anything. It's not that I don't want to do the best for us but the longer we are on the sidelines the better for us. Plus dog piling legion is a good set of odds for us we can hit hard and take minimal damage back
[11/21/2014 12:05:09 AM] hitchcock: but it doesn't set us on a path of bring atlas to the light
[11/21/2014 12:06:04 AM] hitchcock: our war stratagy just keeps us relevant, we will be simple old atlas after the war. in order to turn heads, we are better off making a bold move, win-or-lose, something that will keep people talking. right now we are going through the motions
[11/21/2014 12:06:23 AM] hitchcock: we'd have more respect hitting polar instead of dog piling legion

However, sitting in defcon 1 with troops maxed-out for a month that we were either going to:
1) hit a fresh target
or

Even more embarrassing, is that I don't know what Atlas' stats would have been without the LavenderTown nations on their side :i
Of which the three of us at Monsters Inc out damaged Invicta following all of our wars.

And I don't have anything against Invicta, and I love to war, but I'd rather pick a target I didn't like rather than to sacrifice my infra to some big-wig over at another AA who I've never even talked to before, so that you feel important in the back channels with other alliances rather than being a leader and actually supporting your own members.

Lol this was a fun read.

We have Sparta cancellations with Fark, Polar, MHa, and Mi6, and the logs we get is Atlas gov debating the merits of hitting UPN? These are not the logs we are looking for.

Also, Atlas hitting UPN would have been terribly dumb, as anyone looking at their wiki could tell you.

I agree, looking at treaties if atlas would of hit UPN it would been a safe assumption that STA would hit atlas.

There's much less drama in the logs of Sparta canceling their treaties with fark/polar/mha than there was in the logs posted.

1) hit a fresh target
or

those logs were a fun read. Gentlemen from Atlas, don't let them make fun of you. Invicta has some of the most tenacious fighters around. You wouldn't know it, because they keep a low profile. You know there were dozens of alliances having the same concerns in their own back channels. The best advice I can give you is, don't play the "game". You won't be "popular" but you will be better off as an alliance and you will enjoy your time in CN much more. Take care of yourselves and your direct allies and everyone else can run each other over and trip over themselves to "be on top".

I have pretty mixed feelings here.

I find DeathAdder to be a pretty decent fella, though I do not much care for Sparta. I have more friends than I can count to in Mi6, and I think very little of them as well, but looking at this as an observer, my guess is it went something like this:

Between the last 2 wars, Sparta was, for the 1st time in their history, trying to make meaningful moves to cement the sphere they were a part of. They were met with tons of resistance by everyone they approached, and their treaty with Mi6 was a LARGE factor. They resigned themselves to their perdicament, fought the losing war, decided to move on. In some ways, this is to their credit. By the same token, over the course of the last several months, the folks in Mi6 have had an epiphany, and realized they needed to change their image, this too, is to their credit. There should be no reward or brownie points given to the fact that Mi6 defended them, paper and broader coalition strategies led to this much moreso than anyone in Mi6 going "Sparta needs help, lets go help them." You 2 both seem to be better off without one another, and for that you should both be happy. 

I, for one, am happy to see some vitriol in this cancellation, not because of my personal feelinsg towards either alliance (honestly), but because treaty cancellations need more honesty about them... and all of the "well wishing" and the "we still love you, best of luck" posts, are a total detriment to the political game. When moves are made to change political directions, you are basically telling people "we are really better off without them" and this SHOULD create more political drama. Kudos to both of you, in this case, for not honor-sucking and for letting honesty and reality flow. (I really truly do mean this to both of you)... well played.

A lot of people have trouble with stating cold hard truth, Rush. You should know this better than most people. Fortunately, I don't suffer from that issue.

Edited by DeathAdder

Look, I was going to leave it be until you went and attacked me here.  I couldn't possibly care less that the treaty was cancelled; it was best for both our alliances but MI6 would never have done such a thing after going to bat for you this war.  Politically untenable locally, shall we say; my membership thought the world of you guys until three days ago.  And it's posts like these that make me sorry to have defended you to them in the first place.

I thought Yeru's post was low and baseless against the rest of your ex-allies, so I interjected myself into the discussion.  Nothing personal whatsoever; I found the sentiment remarkably distasteful and unfitting to the quality I believe of Yeru as a leader, so I had something to say about it. 

That's fair, I suppose. Though, at the same time, feelings between membership, or leadership of either Alliance had absolutely nothing to do with the cancellation. As you very well know, or at least a part of you does. It's fine that you feel the cancellation was rushed. Many do. Did I intentionally plan to cancel you directly after a war? No, but those things (Global Wars at inconvenient timing) happen, and waiting until way post-war, letting you/your membership believe everything was fine (Politically, I mean, not personally) would've been more wrong than cancelling now, in my book. -Shrugs.-

To an outside perspective of the dynamic relationship that existed between the XX membership, I'd imagine Yeru's claims do seem pretty baseless. But only because XX/Sparta doesn't make a habit of publicly airing our problems/dirty laundry. We kept it in-house 99.9% of the time, and that's fine by me.

And if I really bothered to care enough, Chim (which I do not), I'm relatively certain I could point out several instances where you've publicly over-reacted. My entire point wasn't to attack you, but more to point out glass houses + casting stones.

I believe we're done here.

Edited by DeathAdder

I have perspective just fine. Chim is bitter because he got cancelled and is taking it personally. Which is fine, but MI6 treaty was the least personal of cancellations, and he's the only one making a fuss about it, so eh.

This seems a bit...misplaced for an ally who just went to war on your behalf.

Should make any future Spartan allies think twice.