OsRavan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shout out to polar member zoskia for bringing in a full finish

it's good to see that everything here was solved amicably

Thank you, Hereno! 

Though I am not sure if I deserve the compliment.

but thank you!

My war shout our is to  Saurion.... of the Nation Chile... because he was my hardest opponent, but also gave my [occ]RL tourist information[/ooc]... so it was fun.

Thanks, man! It was a blast. You Templars were a lot of fun.

ODN, we gotta stop meeting like this.  :)

Beautiful war, mon ami.

Well, I don't know if anything could've been defined as an 'XX front' but either way, glad the war is over for us and our allies and we can all get back to paying bills. I mean rebuilding!

ODN made a commendable effort to coordinate and defend nations quickly every time I declared new wars. Good work, guys.

Only guy to deal more to me than I dealt! You guys were coordinating on me and smacking me around quite well!

So I finally read the OP and noticed something.

Clause 3 is worded in such a way that, should any alliance declare a war in the next three weeks, Polar, Fark, Sparta and MHA may re-enter without violating the letter of the agreement.

Go ahead. Read it again. I'll wait.

See what I mean?

Now, I know someone is going to chime in with, "Yes, but the spirit of the agreement is...." And all I can say in reply is spirit be damned. I know what it actually says, and what it says is that if any alliance declares on any other alliance in the next three weeks, the four alliances above can re-enter the war.

Do I believe this will cause a problem in the next twenty-one days? No, I do not. But I hate reading badly-worded anything, and whoever drafted this needs a clip in the back of the head. As does everyone who signed it without actually reading it.

Alright, with that out of my system....

Clause 3 is worded in such a way that, should any alliance declare a war in the next three weeks, Polar, Fark, Sparta and MHA may re-enter without violating the letter of the agreement.

See what I mean?

Now, I know someone is going to chime in with, "Yes, but the spirit of the agreement is...." And all I can say in reply is spirit be damned. I know what it actually says, and what it says is that if any alliance declares on any other alliance in the next three weeks, the four alliances above can re-enter the war.

Do I believe this will cause a problem in the next twenty-one days? No, I do not. But I hate reading badly-worded anything, and whoever drafted this needs a clip in the back of the head. As does everyone who signed it without actually reading it.

Hadnt noticed. Where are you Ariana!?! Bring forth your legions!

See what I mean?

I'm pretty sure Pingu is supposed to go over all ODN treaties and agreements for this very reason

See what I mean?

While this is certainly true and I agree that ambiguous terms in a contract are enraging... I highly doubt that the four aforementioned groups would feel the need or even want to re-enter. Conversely, if it's for good cause (i.e., someone starts raiding an ally of theirs) then I guess that is beneficial to them. Meehhhh.

Either way, congratulations on peace. [i]Finally[/i]. What an ugly war that was.