Dear whoever created my wiki page

Blade 619

Anatomy of a post by Neo Uruk

Introduction: Begin with an ironic (usually heavily sarcastic) statement of congratulations to the poster being quoted.

Good questions, all around! Gold star!

Body: *Always* ignore the basic premise of quoted post (VERY IMPORTANT). Extract one minor, often insignificant part of the post and mock it. It is crucial to surround one word or phrase with tildes, thereby presenting it as being the most ludicrous idea conceived in the history of mankind. In general, there should be little to no reason for mocking the post or author of said post. Typically there will be no apparent cause or reason.

So, Margrave, do you think user Blade 619 getting so worked up that he comes onto the OWF to divulge that, oh my, he ~has a girlfriend~ will work in protecting him from such acts in the future?

Conclusion: There will rarely be need for a conclusion of any sort, as (see above) there will generally not be a point to the post or reason for posting it. A conclusion for nonsense is unnecessary and a waste of time.

Additional notes:

A) Excessive use of hyperbole is helpful and sometimes necessary.

B) There will always be AA's and users whose asses need to be kissed. This list changes monthly so be sure to post accordingly.

C) Always remember Neo Uruk posts are the most important in their respective threads.

D) The length of the post/argument being responded to is irrelevant. One or two sentences will suffice in any and every Neo Uruk posting situation.

Thank you, now this thread has a meaning.

(I don't always agree with you or even just tolerate your posts, Hakai, but every now and then you pull out something really spectacular! I'll also note that this being about Rey is irrelevant: the style is admirable by itself. I tip my hat to you good Sir.)

When Neo replied with "Try harder" I was kicking myself for not stressing the irony aspect enough. Dammit! Just sucks he didn't find it amusing, since my goal was to put a smile on his face and make the rest of his day go a little better. :(

That's okay jerdge, I don't agree with your posts either, sometimes I don't even tolerate them. Thanks for the compliments at least!

Peformance Review is pretty great. The Michael Scott Paper Company episodes from season 5 are some of my favorites. Have fun o7

Rey, I'm disappointed. All of this "try harder, sarcastic remark" cuteness; If you're really going to keep trying to be me circa 2007, you need to do better than that, you and Mogar.

Ah, but am I trying to be you in 2007, or am I trying to be me now?

Neo Uruk is about the only one worked up in this thread.

Yeah, I'm the one who responded to getting a wiki page made by coming onto the OWF frothing at the mouth. My point, by the way, was that this thread isn't gonna stop the kid from getting the shit trolled out of him if that's how he responds to it.

He's pretty worked up to try and bring in the "you need to get a life" !@#$. Granted, I haven't looked at what was on the wiki, but unless it was a few pages long there's no real time taken to make/edit a wiki page; Saying that as someone who doesn't even do wiki !@#$.

I would have done the same exact thing in his place, egging the person on more. I have no idea how you can see this as pretty worked up. 

Yeah, I'm the one who responded to getting a wiki page made by coming onto the OWF frothing at the mouth. My point, by the way, was that this thread isn't gonna stop the kid from getting the !@#$ trolled out of him if that's how he responds to it.

It was never meant to stop the kid...you missed the point of this thread entirely. He didn't know who did it, so by happens stance if the person actually comes to the OWF, they'll see that their little wiki edit didn't get the desired effect. He even mocks the kids for making a full grammatical sentence... you're the only person who doesn't see the irony, vituperous way he mocked the kid. There was no frothing, no anything but subtle jabs.

I would have done the same exact thing in his place, egging the person on more. I have no idea how you can see this as pretty worked up. 

It was never meant to stop the kid...you missed the point of this thread entirely. He didn't know who did it, so by happens stance if the person actually comes to the OWF, they'll see that their little wiki edit didn't get the desired effect. He even mocks the kids for making a full grammatical sentence... you're the only person who doesn't see the irony, vituperous way he mocked the kid. There was no frothing, no anything but subtle jabs.

I think it's great watching Rey throw the toys everywhere, it's like he's trying to find something to get annoyed about. Is it because he never lived up to his name? Is he just jealous that despite having... over 100 times more OWF posts than me no-one supports him? It's really quite hard to tell.

The little wiki edit actually got the exact desired response. When someone takes to wiki vandalism, the fact that it's even noticed is probably enough.

Oh Rey, were you out to annoy me? That's very sweet of you, maybe next time... I don't know... write a story about how I'm so mean to little nooby nations with no influence on the CN landscape. 

Ah, but am I trying to be you in 2007, or am I trying to be me now?

I certainly hope you're not trying to be me now, you're not nearly verbose enough. Go read my posts in the Ambition thread if you want to see where the watermark is. Edited by Margrave

So:

• A wiki
  • About an alter-ego
  • In a spreadsheet game

Gets created

~still~ letting that sink in

And then:

• People, in the guise of their various and sundry alter-egos
  • Go on for what is sure to be pages and pages
  • About the relative merits of the wiki
    • And the alter-ego
      • And the other alter-egos with the temerity to question The Way Things Are

~still-still~ letting that sink in, too

I see a trail of facepalms going back to the dawn of time.  It's like we have taken Prometheus' gift and turned it into a pilot light for farts.

The attempt itself of trying to bring another person's reputation down through insults and slanders, whether written on a wiki or OWF, in every aspect of it's being just seems to me as the most fruitless endeavor.

So what even if you do succeed in lowering another individual's statute?

Your's is at its same level as before if not lower.

Good questions, all around! Gold star!

So, Margrave, do you think user Blade 619 getting so worked up that he comes onto the OWF to divulge that, oh my, he ~has a girlfriend~ will work in protecting him from such acts in the future?

Who cares? I'm just happy to see he's so admired.

Blade 619 o/

So:

• A wiki
  • About an alter-ego
  • In a spreadsheet game

Gets created

~still~ letting that sink in

And then:

• People, in the guise of their various and sundry alter-egos
  • Go on for what is sure to be pages and pages
  • About the relative merits of the wiki
    • And the alter-ego
      • And the other alter-egos with the temerity to question The Way Things Are

~still-still~ letting that sink in, too

I see a trail of facepalms going back to the dawn of time.  It's like we have taken Prometheus' gift and turned it into a pilot light for farts.

This is by far the funniest response thus far. May your farts always burn brightly Lex.

The attempt itself of trying to bring another person's reputation down through insults and slanders, whether written on a wiki or OWF, in every aspect of it's being just seems to me as the most fruitless endeavor.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say... so I will smile, nod, and go back to my obstetric emergencies revision.

Who cares? I'm just happy to see he's so admired.

Blade 619 o/

:awesome:

That wasn't in regards to you at all Blade, Rather the person or persons who messed with the Wiki about you, those people being the anecdote for the "Your" Pronoun at the end there, I should have specified that better.

My meaning was I just find it so pointless to try and bring someone down. It doesn't do that person a lick of good.

I had seen the link to this in a thread on the Kashmir Forum and couldn't help but be interested.

Edited by ReyRex

That wasn't in regards to you at all Blade, Rather the person or persons who messed with the Wiki about you, those people being the anecdote for the "Your" Pronoun at the end there, I should have specified that better.

My meaning was I just find it so pointless to try and bring someone down. It doesn't do that person a lick of good.

I had seen the link to this in a thread on the Kashmir Forum and couldn't help but be interested.

Haha, fair enough! How is life over in Kashmir?