Top 5 alliances with biggest Political impact on Digiterra all time.

Hime Themis

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined CN in Dec 2010. Although I have heard numerous tales of the vicious NPO, and their contributions to world, I never experienced it.... so I will state my ranks in order of importance through my experience.

1. MK
2. NpO
3. TOP
4. DBDC
5. NG

Edited by Tehmina

GATO only had any real juice really really early on. As the first alliance, and as a major early player in the political realm (albeit ultimately on the losing end) I would have to say GATO played some role in shaping how the game came to be played over the first half of existence.

That said, in terms of raw political power over the span of nearly a decade....GATO doesn't compare to what the Orders built, what MK was able to accomplish in their time, or even what DBDC is doing now. 

Post GWIII, and indeed post 1V, GATO hasn't been very interested in playing that part. Good to know we still got name recognition. 

It would be interesting to see what a yearly  breakout top 5 would look like.

6 month periods early in the game have about as much intrigue as we see in a year or two now.

Some alliances have made it into the top 5 certain years, few have stayed consecutively.

Even Pacifica fell out for a time.

Edited by IYIyTh

NPO, MK, The Citadel (Bloc)

TOP was very comfortable being part of Q & the status quo, but with most of Citadel eventually opposed to Q; I think it created an interesting dynamic. I don't think alliances who join the herd and become just part of whatever the current hegemony is really qualify as having a huge impact.

DBDC is basically just the continuation of MK, those who decided they didn't want to leave the game. Same spirit, many of the same people etc. 

Don't think they belong on any of these lists though.

1. MK

2. NPO

3.TOP

4. NpO

5. LUE

That's kind of blatantly false. Many of the same members, ex-MK peeps in leadership, and the exact same DH antics.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing. DH was a thing of beauty and CN effectively ceased to exist in the way it once did after it departed from the earth. 

Don't lie, dawg. Embrace it.

That's kind of blatantly false. Many of the same members, ex-MK peeps in leadership, and the exact same DH antics.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing. DH was a thing of beauty and CN effectively ceased to exist in the way it once did after it departed from the earth. 

Don't lie, dawg. Embrace it.

I was a fan of MK while they existed, but that doesn't make 3 out of 25 a "many", given we have more from Non Grata and Umbrella than actual MK. We are in the second coming of Doom, and the tactics may have a semblance, but it's a whole different approach to power and influence.

As far as global and historical mpact, I'm not sure DBDC qualifies, but the fact that 100% of alliances have to plan wars around how they would interact with DBDC speaks volumes.

I was a fan of MK while they existed, but that doesn't make 3 out of 25 a "many", given we have more from Non Grata and Umbrella than actual MK. We are in the second coming of Doom, and the tactics may have a semblance, but it's a whole different approach to power and influence.

As far as global and historical mpact, I'm not sure DBDC qualifies, but the fact that 100% of alliances have to plan wars around how they would interact with DBDC speaks volumes.

The second coming of Doom, eh? Makes me sad that I don't have my old nation to ride along with you lot in. Godspeed 

Tell TB not to have too much fun

• 4 weeks later...

I have been absent for a very long time now, so I am quite a bit behind in terms of knowing "who's who" here lately, but I'd assess it as follows (note: not ranking numerically, just listing who I think had the greatest impact on the game)

I think the "big two" HAVE the be NPO and LUE. That's the rivalry that basically set the standard for the politics of this game. Of course the Mushroom Kingdom and NpO are basically subsets/take-offs of these two powers, but both ultimately went in their own directions and had a huge impact on the game. Vox Populi was the last real world mover I recall before going into my deep spirit-sleep. I feel like I need to do a lot of catching up now. 

As i just came back recently to planet Bob, excuse me, if i miss some "new" alliances  

so in no particular Order for me:

1. (biased) Grämlins   :P

2. Pacifica

3. Fan

4. MK

5. OBR

Edited by necAnt

I may not be well versed in the way of CN too well but from what I gather in recent history it would have to be.

1. NPO

2. GPA

3.NpO

4.IRON

5.MI6 (I'm British so this one's probably biased)

6. WFF (lol, have to be biased and add my own one)

I think aNiMaLz is the alliance that affected the politics the most. Think about it we are a alliance of 21 nations who average around 2500 - 3000 strength we raid big alliances tech farms and they can't do a thing about it, we Embarrassed Doom Squad, Goons and many more. Also big alliances try to scrum up treaty’s and sanctions for and against us, who else has this much influence? All I have to say is if you don't like us attacks us (If you can) and we will destroy anyone you send. (The Black Knights are next to get raided)   

I joined CN in Dec 2010. Although I have heard numerous tales of the vicious NPO, and their contributions to world, I never experienced it.... so I will state my ranks in order of importance through my experience.

1. MK
2. NpO
3. TOP
4. DBDC
5. NG

That's a BINGO!

People mentioned NG..

I honestly don't think NG caused much political impact. Small disturbances which influenced other larger parties yes, but never the huge impact.

NPO. Love them or hate them they've had many trajectories over the last 8 years.
NpO. ^ See above
Mushroom Kingdom. From the formation of C&G to their disbandment they've had their hands in every major war for better or worse.
GOD. Post-Karma & supergrievances / PB-SF pre-explosion.
FAN. Edited by Stewie

I think aNiMaLz is the alliance that affected the politics the most. Think about it we are a alliance of 21 nations who average around 2500 - 3000 strength we raid big alliances tech farms and they can't do a thing about it, we Embarrassed Doom Squad, Goons and many more. Also big alliances try to scrum up treaty’s and sanctions for and against us, who else has this much influence? All I have to say is if you don't like us attacks us (If you can) and we will destroy anyone you send. (The Black Knights are next to get raided)   

Shhhhhhh.  A month of war with your tiny alliance can be healed by one 9 million aid package.  Go back to your corner now.