Top 5 alliances with biggest Political impact on Digiterra all time.

Hime Themis

1. New Pacific Order

2. New Polar Order

3. Vox Populi

4. Mushroom Kingdom

5. DBDC

Dame HIme Themis

I agree with 1-4.  DBDC is essentially an organized group of rogues.  I'm not sure their impact will last.  It could, or it could fade.  No doubt they are having a significant impact today.  Its just not clear to me it will persist sufficiently to say "It changed Bob".

I don't think GATO can qualify as 5th.  While presenting a foil for NPO, they were subdued with massive force each time.  Their impact today is minimal, and it seems like any alliance could have taken their place.

I don't even know that any alliance has had near the influence on Bob as the first 4, so I might just leave it with my top 4.  But if I had to add a 5th, it would be GATO.

Edit:  Didn't see thread was 3 weeks old.  Sorry.

Edited by arentak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. NPO (Moldavi Doctrine, Viceroys)

2. NpO (Very strong leadership whose actions are still recalled to this day, BiPolar effected politics throughout the game for the better part of 3 years)

3. CCC (popularized and was one of the first AA' s to push white peace, a common practice today)

4. Mushroom Kingdom (lovem or hatem, never was the game ever so much fun as it was with MK around)

5. DBDC (never has one alliance caused so many so much consternation)

Honorable Mention: CnG Bloc for longevity and consistency after all these years. 

1. NPO - There is NPO and there is posers of the NPO model

2. MK - The great reaction. The antitheses. The alliance everyone loves to hate. Their rivalry with NPO made the sphere for a long time.

---Gap----

3. NpO - A huge part in so many great wars and so integral to so much of the history.

---Gap---

4. DBDC - If they have longevity then they might rise up this list. They have revolutionized warfare and been the driver of the conversation for the past year or so. 

5. Vox Populi - Pioneers in an era when information was king. Changed the way people thought. Their time-frame was small but their impact was big.

Dear lord, there is no way in hell CCC is more influential than MK unless you are very, very delusional.

Take a deep breathe , the list is in no particular order. You forgot to complete your list...I see just 3.

Edited by wes the wise

1. NPO Duh. The Intiative, the Continuum, One Vision and despite losing in Karma NPO is one of premier alliances in CN and has been a huge part in forming relations since their founding. No one has ever dominated the game like NPO has and no one will ever hold political power like they did again).

2. NpO The entire Unjust war and NpO's role in Post-Karma has changed the trajectory of the game for literally years since.) 

3. MK. MK's role as a the central protagonist against NPO since the end of the unjust war and their continued presence with CnG and later Doomhouse radically changed the game and the role of tiers

4. TOP- TOP has been a key part of Cybernations politics in the post-NPO era since bipolar and the entire revenge roll polar saga and then resigning polar, signing MK, etc. They've never far from the epicenter of conflict.

5. Umbrella, Roquentin BossK,, Natan, Domisi etc have all played the game very, very very well, both alliance politics and the the ingame as well.  Umb has continued to have a key part in how wars are fought. Umb were one of the first elite alliances. The tech, the aid, the nukes, etc like they have, and they maintained it farther and longer than nearly anyone else. . They play the game in all parts extremely well, from PB and DH to this latest NPO MdoAP this last war. 

I'd probabyl put IRON after and then DBDC after that. 

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

I'm astonished to see Vox on so many people's lists. Aside from airing a little dirty laundry, they really didn't have an impact on anything. I suppose most of you are considering their role in the break up of the Continuum, but that bloc broke up due to internal tensions between signatories (unrelated to Vox). The weakened remnanst of the bloc was then seized by the Karma coalition. Vox had very little impact on anything in my opinion.

I would agree with NPO/MK (in that order) at the top of the list. The two most dominant and influential alliances of all time and their rivalry has shaped the world.

After them, I would say the Polar/TOP relationship has been the biggest driving force in world politics. Dating back to the Unjust war where it first sparked, it has played an important role in pretty much every war since. The rivalry eventually lead to the War of the Coalition, it was one of the prime causes for the tensions between Citadel and NPO which had a big role in Karma, then bipolar happened, then the bye-polar war, then the Polar/TOP treaty was a major factor in the rolling of NG/NPO/etc last year, and Polar/TOP seemed to be the main targets of this latest war in response to that. Polar were especially influential early on under Ivan and antagonist extraordinaire Sponge. TOP also played a large role in the formation and lasting stability of the Continuum.

Last one of the top 5 is tricky. GOONS were the original bullies/lulz alliance and played a major role in forming the raiding/might makes right arguments that are still relevant today. The unjust war was also a huge deal. Gremlins took nation building to a new level and were very influential as the moralist/principled alliance. Umbrella also deserves a shout here as well.

Good Killjoy123

No just dog tired of petty negative threads as the norm. Thought something positive might be a nice change. :)

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Hime,

you are a slimy coward and you lost all of your credibility and honour when you attacked one of your "best friends" at the request of DBDC.

Hime, Ron Paul was one of your "best friends" and was your alliance brother. He left OBR correctly, he joined WTF legitimately and you still attacked him to save your pixels. You are the worse type of scum Hime. You try to appear high and mighty but you are really just a slimy worm. If i have any influence at all i would have WTF attack you after our war vs DBDC for this injustice. If we wasnt at war with DBDC i would have attacked you already.

You attacked your best friend to brown nose Cuba and you wonder why people are negative towards you.

You are pathetic Hime.

NPO, MK, NpO, in that order, as others have said. VE because they spearheaded Karma and played a starring role in so many political events. Rounding it out is TOP for, I personally believe, being an influence that has led to the current high-NS-only alliance pattern. They showed (whether inadvertently or not) that strategy could lead to becoming a dominant force.

1. NPO - Most wars have been focused or started by the central protagonist/antagonist of CN.

2. MK - Added an entirely new culture, acted as the central antagonist (well, the only successful one) to Pacifica, and was the first of the super-active alliances that could wield that activity as a political, OWF, or military tool. Only Umbrella has ever come close in that department, but we only used it for the latter aspect, really.

3. NpO - If not Pacifica, there was Sponge. And when he was gone and during the wars where Pacifica rested or hid, then the war was almost certainly going to be about Polaris.

4. DBDC - The game is changed, and DBDC is the reason why.

Hime,

you are a slimy coward and you lost all of your credibility and honour when you attacked one of your "best friends" at the request of DBDC.

Hime, Ron Paul was one of your "best friends" and was your alliance brother. He left OBR correctly, he joined WTF legitimately and you still attacked him to save your pixels. You are the worse type of scum Hime. You try to appear high and mighty but you are really just a slimy worm. If i have any influence at all i would have WTF attack you after our war vs DBDC for this injustice. If we wasnt at war with DBDC i would have attacked you already.

You attacked your best friend to brown nose Cuba and you wonder why people are negative towards you.

You are pathetic Hime.

What does is have to do with anything?

Also choosing GATO and CCC as even close to being as relevant as NPO/MK is pretty damn funny. Edited by KenMorningstar

I would have to place NSO at the time. NSO has one of the most innovative governing structures the world has ever seen. On that note, Kashmir also has a very unique culture and structure. For the final three I will have to list Vox, FAIL, and PPF. All get points from me for style.

I would agree with NPO/MK (in that order) at the top of the list. The two most dominant and influential alliances of all time and their rivalry has shaped the world.

After them, I would say the Polar/TOP relationship has been the biggest driving force in world politics. Dating back to the Unjust war where it first sparked, it has played an important role in pretty much every war since. The rivalry eventually lead to the War of the Coalition, it was one of the prime causes for the tensions between Citadel and NPO which had a big role in Karma, then bipolar happened, then the bye-polar war, then the Polar/TOP treaty was a major factor in the rolling of NG/NPO/etc last year, and Polar/TOP seemed to be the main targets of this latest war in response to that. Polar were especially influential early on under Ivan and antagonist extraordinaire Sponge. TOP also played a large role in the formation and lasting stability of the Continuum.

Last one of the top 5 is tricky. GOONS were the original bullies/lulz alliance and played a major role in forming the raiding/might makes right arguments that are still relevant today. The unjust war was also a huge deal. Gremlins took nation building to a new level and were very influential as the moralist/principled alliance. Umbrella also deserves a shout here as well.

I agree with this, especially the TOP/NpO (or NpO/Citadel) tensions. I'm not sure how much TOP was responsible for that, vs NpO just being unapologetically antagonistic since... forever. 

People wanting roll NpO (and NPO for that matter) has shaped a large percentage of politics for along time.

I'm astonished to see Vox on so many people's lists. Aside from airing a little dirty laundry, they really didn't have an impact on anything. I suppose most of you are considering their role in the break up of the Continuum, but that bloc broke up due to internal tensions between signatories (unrelated to Vox). The weakened remnanst of the bloc was then seized by the Karma coalition. Vox had very little impact on anything in my opinion.

Neverending MK revisionism. Back when MK was allying NPO, we were the driving force behind those tensions.

The fact that we were acknowledged at the time by both sides as a driving force speaks for itself.

Neverending MK revisionism. Back when MK was allying NPO, we were the driving force behind those tensions.

The fact that we were acknowledged at the time by both sides as a driving force speaks for itself.

I wouldn't call it "MK revisionism.", I don't think MK or ex-MK disproportionately discount Vox.  Blue wasn't even mentioning MK but the fractures in Continuum.

Also MK's "allying" NPO was a PIAT that Archon effectively used to stab them in the back.

Vox was definitely a driving force, but not the only one.  I'd say a big part of Vox's legacy is not just the defeat of NPO, which might have happened anyway (though they certainly contributed), but the messaging that went into it.

5. Umbrella, Roquentin BossK,, Natan, Domisi etc have all played the game very, very very well, both alliance politics and the the ingame as well.  Umb has continued to have a key part in how wars are fought. Umb were one of the first elite alliances. The tech, the aid, the nukes, etc like they have, and they maintained it farther and longer than nearly anyone else. . They play the game in all parts extremely well, from PB and DH to this latest NPO MdoAP this last war.

I have to disagree with this one.  Clearly they are very good at building stats, though they weren't the pioneer of the elite model (credit for that I'd give to the Gremlins.) they have done the best at maintaining it the longest.

However I'd say their political impact has been pretty minimal.  Their current and former long time leader, Roquentin, is a master of sitting on his hands and letting other people fight while Umbrella does very little fighting to improve Umbrella's position (kind of like Roose Bolton in the ASOIAF books except without the leadership.)  They very rarely lead events, the only time I think one can really led events or really fought hard in a war was in Equilibrium.  During the Doomhouse era they mostly begrudgingly followed MK's lacking an agenda of their own.  This last war was pure bandwaggoning.

#1 - New Pacific Order
I don't trust any list that doesn't have NPO as its number 1. No other alliance is synonymous with CyberNations. For years they dominated it and for years they kept people interested in playing just to bring about their downfall. Without NPO there would be no Polar, no NSO and no Karma, among other things. Pacifica brought many players to CN and became, alongside GATO, the first mass-member alliance. For many years the NPO was the centre of gravity in CN; everything revolved around them. They might not have the same power they once commanded, but they remain one of the superpowers in CN.

#2 - Mushroom Kingdom
This was alliance that spearheaded Karma, that built diverse and dynamic coalitions to remain at the forefront of every major anti-NPO war post-Karma. They were the classicly anti-authoritarian (in Tywin parlance: lulzists) and presented the leadership of any challenge to the status quo of NPO hegemony.

#3 - The Order of the Paradox
Known for their realpolitik, TOP has consistently punched above its weight by being the driving force behind several major confrontations, boldly leading grand coalitions and directing strategy. Prior to the rise of DBDC, TOP were one of the truly elite alliances with endlessly hungry ambitions for ruling CN. In every war, including the most recent one in which TOP took an absolute pounding, they are accused of being behind it controlling things; with that kind of paranoia its a surprise there isn't a Protocol of the Elders of Paradox.

#4 - Green Protection Agency
There are several neutral alliances in CN but only 1 everybody knows. Sure, they haven't declared wars on others and aren't playing the politics of the treaty web, but look at many of the key individuals in CN and you find in their background a sting in the GPA. The GPA has a strong internal community that fosters new players. After suffering a slaughtering in the Woodstock Massacre the community bounced back showing a dignified resilience and commitment to their values. They made The Initiative look like power-crazed madmen losing control, ultimately leading to the unifying of the Karma coalition.

#5 - Gramlins
They pioneered the idea of an elite alliance by their strict entry requirements and a focus on tech imports. Alliances like TOP, OBR, Umbrella, and Dark Templar have at various times gone down that path with varying degrees of success. With the rise of DBDC and donation-funded nations, this elite alliance model is outdated, but let's not forget its important role in how we understand elite alliances today.

Edited by Ch33kY

One overlooked alliance:

Nordreich 1.0 - The only CN alliance to make the RL news via the 'NoRway incident'. This incident got the attention of Farkers who, after a greenlight, joined CN in considerable numbers. Many incidents since then, including the complete obliteration of the IC/OOC line that occurred in 2008, may be traced directly back to this one alliance and those who came to CN, directly or indirectly, because of them.

And, before someone says, "Oh you're just saying that because you once led Nordreich," I can only point out that I did not belong to its original incarnation.