There's somethin' happenin' here, what it is ain't exactly clear

Sarkin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to the see the Baldr war finally come to its conclusion.

You've seen how we fight. You've seen our willingness to fight. You've seen our bile. And this is how you want to proceed with us? The NAP isn't to protect the RIA from DBDC, it's the other way around. It's the only reason we accepted this document(Sarkin can verify this). Your statement is that of one who wishes to further antagonize us. You have allies. I know you're capable of legitimate diplomacy. Instead of trying to ensure round 3 happens in August, why not [ooc]play this game as it was meant to be played, and take the far more interesting route of making us not want to fight you[/ooc]?

[...] The NAP isn't to protect the RIA from DBDC, it's the other way around. It's the only reason we accepted this document (Sarkin can verify this).

You should probably ask Shadow for logs of the peace negotiations, because that's certainly not how I interpreted the purpose of the NAP at the time. This post is sort of inviting me to post the relevant section of the discussion, but I'll refrain from doing so unless that's what you're indeed asking me to do.

That won't be necessary. I am of course referring to the logs, but I also have the added perspective of internal discussion. I will say that we were definitely not clamoring for peace with DBDC.

Very strange, given those logs. Perhaps Shadow was simply being circumspect about the NAP's true purpose and I didn't pick up on it. Ah well, whatever.

You've seen how we fight. You've seen our willingness to fight. You've seen our bile. And this is how you want to proceed with us? The NAP isn't to protect the RIA from DBDC, it's the other way around. It's the only reason we accepted this document(Sarkin can verify this). Your statement is that of one who wishes to further antagonize us. You have allies. I know you're capable of legitimate diplomacy. Instead of trying to ensure round 3 happens in August, why not [ooc]play this game as it was meant to be played, and take the far more interesting route of making us not want to fight you[/ooc]?

So much bravery and hostility in one post.  I have no idea how you took my post as being negative, but at this point I don't care.  Your alliance agreed to peace and we have peace.  If you want to war DBDC then declare a war.

That won't be necessary. I am of course referring to the logs, but I also have the added perspective of internal discussion. I will say that we were definitely not clamoring for peace with DBDC.

And yet you have it, which tends to undermine what you're saying.

It's a bit like buying a white car and saying you didn't want a white car and then expecting people to believe you. So why did you get it? Was it on sale? Was there nothing better available? Were you browbeaten by the missus?

Oh I'm sorry, all of this is covered in secret discussions which you can't divulge.

Rubbish.

He's making a good point Rey. Disingenuous to try and construct a public narrative that relies on internal discussion none of us are going to see.

You mean... what 90% of alliances do, especially regarding wars and treaties?

You mean... what 90% of alliances do, especially regarding wars and treaties?

Those that do have their justifications picked apart too if what they do is demonstrably at odds with what they're saying. Though I can't think of an instance where an alliance said 'we didn't want to treaty x' after having just treatied x.

I'd like to know what RIA's planned recourse is should the NAP be broken.

If DBDC violates the NAP, we would probably open with the standard, go through channels to resolve the "tech raid" or whatever they call their aggression against us.  I would expect our demands to be harsh, but not unreasonable to the damage caused.  If DBDC refuses to negotiate a settlement, then we would defend ourselves, presumably, both on the battlefield, and with a lot of finger-wagging here on the forums.

From our end, RIA are people of their word, and we would not initiate a violation of the agreement.

I'm not an official spokesperson, but I would consider these words to be accurate.

We were browbeaten by the missus. I like that explanation. :o

So much bravery and hostility in one post.  I have no idea how you took my post as being negative, but at this point I don't care.  Your alliance agreed to peace and we have peace.  If you want to war DBDC then declare a war.

You have already started a war elsewhere, and I realized it the instant I saw your post. Maybe we should've added a clause where you, in particular, agree to stop vandalizing the Baldr War page of the wiki. Your edits are both disingenuous and clumsy. >_> 

We were browbeaten by the missus. I like that explanation. :o

You have already started a war elsewhere, and I realized it the instant I saw your post. Maybe we should've added a clause where you, in particular, agree to stop vandalizing the Baldr War page of the wiki. Your edits are both disingenuous and clumsy. >_> 

That is hilarious.  At least I have the courage the edit the wiki without being anonymous.  Let's make sure we have our facts straight, though.  Tell me where I am wrong:

1) RIA was raided by DBDC

2) RIA claimed it was a war and started a wiki page

3) It became a stalemate when nobody could declare any additional wars due to mechanic issues

4) When a DS member joined our AA months later you guys attacked him during a global war citing a continuation of the Baldr War

5) RIA surrenders to DBDC along with other alliances

There were no formal DoW's between our alliances for this current war so I merely updated the wiki to reflect your surrender.  I see it has been edited a half dozen times now since I correctly inserted the facts, but if that is how you need it worded to sleep better at night then I am fine with its current version of history.  At the end of the day, we have the OP of this thread to tell us all how it ended...