Special Training Alliance for Newbies

Yo TE Nations

Suppose we had an alliance all newbies go to for training with a forum and training basics.  Agreed among all AA's this new "TRAIN AA" would be exempt to raidng for 30 days :wacko: .  Make it mandatory :gag: for newbies :huh: and enforced by AA leaders :smug: .  

What to make of it?  Well, it would enforce following protocal and nations learning curve before engagements.  We pick or get a volunteer like Stevie (Lmao....) Jk, a leader to shape these noobs.  All leaders of TE can help and access forums for info participation and watching progress.  Making TAA could help in many ways.  The perfect place for even new leaders to get a education of the lay of the land.  New leaders of TAA could be picked and approved from application forms on owf.

New step cold mean some greif starting but it would move all newbies together before finding a home in TE.  Every one could be involved and have a small part to create a new order of TE.

Thinking out loud!  

It won't work, many reasons why but I'll state a few big ones.

First, many many nations raid so who we they all raid.

Second, let them build for 30 days and everyone else war, they would become the superpower.

Third, Who's to say other people wouldn't join and build only to leave and form an alliance or Rouge other alliances.

I can keep going with this but those 3 alone should be enough to get people to see any it wouldn't work.

I actually thought about doing this this round. Basically have an open recruitment alliance. Encourage all the noobs to join an AA, and teach them basics, and any alliance is welcome to recruit them at any time. This allows AA's to see who actually takes advice, and who's worth recruiting, and who's not. If certain alliances were willing to offer protection, it would be doable, but then again, if I returned to TE, I'd be more inclined to join WDs. That's the problem you run into. Who would sacrifice leaving their own alliance to do this?

Edit: Also flagrunning. The AA can't be used to house flagrunners, and should be willing to kick any candidates from the AA as well as throw their own round away if necessary.

Edited by Samwise

Wont work, The Avengers will add them in a war and say we had to make it fair and TE will let them.

oh buddy, let it go

@OP, not a bad idea, however I do see the potential for problems in terms of people using it as a place to hide in where they can build in safety. I imagine that this would be fairly hard to enforce. I imagine this could be solved by an agreement by all Protecting signees having an agreement to crush anyone in it who does that. 

The other issue i thought of was building guides as I know some AAs keep their exact methods quite tightly under wraps. Someone would have to volunteer to make that information publicly available - unless we were going to come up with just some very simple basics to teach people. I'm not certain exactly how we could solve that one. 

Oma noob, sorta think'en it would be so difficult, newbies sure test your patience.  So if ya see a TrainAA next round, I may have grown some better 420 to handle the extra project of a Noob Alliance. lol  We will see!

Neophytes, if you're having trouble finding an AA; you may always message me about joining NDO.

I really like the "training AA" idea, and i really wish it could work.  However, without this training AA almost being made a feature (complete with in-page description of the decision/effects) and separate rules to prevent it from becoming a sole superpower, there's a lot of room for politics to take over.   Plus, the "community enforced" rules would still get broken all the time.  Anyone not involved in the community, or not a fluent Engish speaker, may not even know these standards exist.  Ultimately the harm to the new players would not be stopped; the model is to react after-the-fact and it doesn't seem like there would even be a substantial reduction figure.

I think someone should take that "training AA" feature to the suggestion board.  With some code changes; it could work well as a feature of the game itself.  We'd still want to keep some of the core elements of TE in place though.  This -could- be abused as a permanent safe-mode so I think there would need to be a time limit on how long you can be there - maybe 2 weeks - and a second limit of only being eligible for the first three weeks or so of your nation's existence.  No offensive wars as well as no defensive wars.  No nuke purchases  And I've thought our in-game messaging could use some more features too; maybe BBcode or some other form of rich text editor.  Notification settings that let you forward messages directly to your email or phone; simply having reminders of activity might increase retention rates by keeping interest up.

^This

At the same time surely giving an incentive to learn would help. And being recruited into a decent AA if you go through this would definitely help with that imo. 

You won't get everyone but I reckon there are enough people who join to try and figure it out and give up who you could catch that would make it worth while. 

At the same time surely giving an incentive to learn would help. And being recruited into a decent AA if you go through this would definitely help with that imo. 

You won't get everyone but I reckon there are enough people who join to try and figure it out and give up who you could catch that would make it worth while. 

Belive me most of those "noobs" aren't dedicated to learn. Some of them, actualy quite a few of them, have tried to "teach" me how to lead my nation telling me I should put lower taxes and Democracy so that my citizens won't start a revolution against me. Don't  get me going about their military advices...

I am all for teaching new players who are dedicated to learn, but most of people playing this game for the first will tell you "I am here to have fun" and don't want to get too much into the depth of strategies and gudes. 

It's up to each individual AA to recruit people and teach them, I've done it in Citadel for quite a few rounds and even if players decide to learn something they usually don't return next round after seeing how much work it takes to play this game. So I am against creating this AA, as it will be abused by flagrunners and bigger alliances that want to control the politics.

So I am against creating this AA, as it will be abused by flagrunners and bigger alliances that want to control the politics.

No it wont be. An AA such as this will not have any significant impact on politics or wars.

I think people should just help Skaro NLON NATO etc or any newish AAs that bring numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

No it wont be. An AA such as this will not have any significant impact on politics or wars.

I think people should just help Skaro NLON NATO etc or any newish AAs that bring numbers.

As long as they don't come to the aid of join some alliance already in a war and start the fighting mid way through, I think it would be okay. 

That being said wouldn't that violate the foundation of which they are formed leading to their immediate loss of support from all senior AAs, making it both an undesirable and redundant action as it would involve other AAs stepping in.