In Portuguese, the word cobra translates into snake. However, since there are fewer Brazilian or Portuguese experts than their English-speaking colleagues, the cobra is typically thought of as a specific kind of snake. The scientific term for this specific snake is Elapidae, Greek for sea-fish. I wonder if King Georges roman numeral knew that. The Elapidae family of snakes are all poisonous. In fact, being poisonous is a prerequisite to be classified as an elapidae or cobra. Cobras are unique from other snakes in many and various ways. For example, they have what appear to be "hoods", which are actually their neck ribs being spread out. As mentioned above, cobras are also poisonous. This venom is injected into the prey through hollow fangs, and its neurotoxins are deadly. Some Cobras, such as King James  the African Black Mamba are noted to be some of the deadliest snakes known to man. This venom can also be sprayed by way of the cobra spitting. Additionally, cobras have been the snake which is typically "charmed". This once was religious, but now is mainly to entertain people in the regions which cobras are located. Namely, hot tropical areas in Africa, Australia, and Southern Asia. Also, they fight mongoose (mongeeses, maybe? what is the plural?) in riveting YouTube videos ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdg9gkmWsEA )

One type of cobra, the phoenix cobra, is found in three places, or so my googling skills tell me.

First, in a one-sentence wikipedia article referring to a professional roller hockey team. It lasted one season. Here is the sentence: "The Phoenix Cobras were a professional roller hockey team based in Phoenix, ArizonaUnited States that played in Roller Hockey International." 

Secondly, a German car brand. It's actually a pretty nice car. 

Finally, The Phoenix Cobras are a TE alliance. 

tl;dr I learned a lot about cobras and The Avengers are declaring war on TPC. We realize the stats are a bit lopsided, but will most likely add another alliance or two once Das has more time to research. Thank you for your patience.

o/Avengers

o/ProfessionalRollerHockey

The-Avengers-2012-600x300.jpg

The Avengers are declaring war on TPC. We realize the stats are a bit lopsided, but will most likely add another alliance or two once Das has more time to research.

In other words, you're down declaring but will add in some others after you beat down TPC in order to pretend that it's even

Ha what a joke. The mighty Avengers require hours on end to research targets.

It took me less than 10 secs and I found that DEFCON 1, War Doves and the Misfits have yet to war. I'm sure any of these alliances would welcome a fight if they got to fight alongside TPC but they'll have to wait until Avengers have crippled TPC with overwhelming stats.

I count 22 wars on TPC now.

I just don't see the need for the underdog tactics to win flags with your resources at your disposal.

I have to agree, this is a BS move by the avengers!

But, before everyone gets on the offensive I say give them a chance and see who else they attack. In reality if they attacked any of the top 5 alliances they would still over power their targets but I would think the nation count would kinda even things out.

My question is to the top 5 or 6 alliances, they have said they are attacking at least one more alliance. So knowing you might be next, wouldn't you rather be the ones attacking?

Yes you don't know if it would be you or not but do you really want to take that chance? I wouldn't be surprised if OP was even a target.

So who is going to take the initiative?

Lol, classic Avengers...either hitting people in war, just out of war, or outright down declaring. Y'all know better--if you don't have another target you wait to roll--especially when you lead in all stats by 2:1.

But hey, Avengers are the big dogs, and might is right. Until alliances stop crapping themselves at the thought of taking you on, stuff like this will continue. 

I hope my fellow private citizens will put up a good fight and I look forward to the challenge. 

At least I get my generals now :p

o/ war

Ha what a joke. The mighty Avengers require hours on end to research targets.

Yes, it was a joke. One you obviously did not get.

Lol, classic Avengers...either hitting people in war, just out of war, or outright down declaring. Y'all know better--if you don't have another target you wait to roll--especially when you lead in all stats by 2:1.

But hey, Avengers are the big dogs, and might is right. Until alliances stop crapping themselves at the thought of taking you on, stuff like this will continue. 

We really are not hitting you guys as a whole alliance, and that was done purposefully, not because of member unavailability. Only 50% of our top ten members in the alliance even declared a war on TPC, and exactly half of our alliance as a whole hit TPC. That's 11 nations with a strength of about 165k hitting an alliance of 22 nations of 161k. Honestly, only 12 wars total were planned against TPC. That is, until a TPC member did an IRS op against two of our nations. If so called "down declares" (which I have already shown this not to be an accurate portrayal of the stats) are against the unwritten rules of TE, surely IRS ops are as well. If you guys wish to arrange an early peace because of the disadvantage, we are certainly willing to do work that out, as we have done in the past when these kind of situations arise.

We really are not hitting you guys as a whole alliance, and that was done purposefully, not because of member unavailability. Only 50% of our top ten members in the alliance even declared a war on TPC, and exactly half of our alliance as a whole hit TPC. That's 11 nations with a strength of about 165k hitting an alliance of 22 nations of 161k. Honestly, only 12 wars total were planned against TPC. That is, until a TPC member did an IRS op against two of our nations. If so called "down declares" (which I have already shown this not to be an accurate portrayal of the stats) are against the unwritten rules of TE, surely IRS ops are as well. If you guys wish to arrange an early peace because of the disadvantage, we are certainly willing to do work that out, as we have done in the past when these kind of situations arise.

I don't lead so I get to say what I want :D

I think if people (and by people I mean everyone, not just Avengers) posted stats in the DoW--especially if there is a "half declare" there wouldn't be as much banter about what wars are good or not. Personally, I would like to see the war continue, and I have advised my fellow brothers go down swinging. It is, after all, the TPC way. 

In hindsight, I should have done that with the stats, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for as positive an attitude as always, King James, and if wanting to continue the war changes, be sure to let me know. TPC has always been my favorite alliance to fight.

On a less serious note, I would appreciate if any of the Cobras could shed some light on what your alliance was named after. Was it the roller hockey team, the German car, or something different?

o/TPC

o/War

o/Casualties

Regards,

Das

Edited by Das Blitzkrieger

If I remember correctly, The Phoenix Cobras formed from a merger. They took the two alliance's names and combined them. I can't remember exactly what the names were...

EDIT: The Phoenix Federation and Ozland Cobras? (or was it Cradle of Snakes?) I'm trying to find the announcement.

Edited by Kurdanak

Ozland Cobras merger with The Phoenix Federation, is were the name came from, but that's not what i am here to talk about. I don't think i have to say what this war is we all know. TPC will fight it out best we can and ask for no favors from you. You may now continue with spinning.

Edited by dogbite

Even this being the case, which I admit is much better (kudos on that) avengers still have more nations attacking with much higher infra and tech. Then their is the added blitz factor and the advantages of knowing you were going to war with build up.

Trying to look at this fairly, TPC is undoubtedly the best fighting alliance the avengers could attack. And provided the avengers don't renig and send in more members as this war drags on, I believe TPC can dish out almost as much damage as they take.

Note☆ I was in a war last round with avengers and my nation was the beneficiary of not only spy attacks against my cash and collections but also blockades against my future collection. There for the reasoning for more attacks against TPC as a result of one of them doing less is really BS. I could care less personally but if your going to do it then you can't complain when it's done to you.

Even this being the case, which I admit is much better (kudos on that) avengers still have more nations attacking with much higher infra and tech. Then their is the added blitz factor and the advantages of knowing you were going to war with build up.

Trying to look at this fairly, TPC is undoubtedly the best fighting alliance the avengers could attack. And provided the avengers don't renig and send in more members as this war drags on, I believe TPC can dish out almost as much damage as they take.

Note☆ I was in a war last round with avengers and my nation was the beneficiary of not only spy attacks against my cash and collections but also blockades against my future collection. There for the reasoning for more attacks against TPC as a result of one of them doing less is really BS. I could care less personally but if your going to do it then you can't complain when it's done to you.

Which alliance were you in, and when did you fight us? We tend not to run any of those kind of attacks until they are run against us. I'm not saying it's without exception, but that is our rule.

Clearly i did since i was the one who pointed the joke out.

Until alliances stop crapping themselves at the thought of taking you on, stuff like this will continue. 

I thought you guys would have learn't this last round. ^_^ There are only a handful of people that can do that but none of them want to sacrifice anything in the hopes someone else does. If you knew how to do it, you wouldn't have to sacrifice much.

This is why they hit a day after the wonder cycle reset so it greatly decreased the odds of any of TPC buying MP's. They won't lose much infra/tech since they have overwhelming odds against TPC.

I'd be interested in knowing some more details of that. My general rule of thumb (which other gov support) is no dirty spy ops unless authorised by us - which we don't generally do unless they are done to us first. If there are exceptions we'd be happy to hear about them so we can chase it up. 

Edit: What Das said

Edited by Ezeriel

FOUND IT! http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/82935-back-off-we-just-got-married/

Wow was that one hell of a nostalgic journey. :P

Well, I did not know that. Awks having to fight SE mates then.

And by awks I mean a lot of fun ;)

As always we are open to counters. And as already stated we have nowhere near attacked at full force. We are here to fight and fight regularly. Better get your a game on. All of you.

You havent even met our big guns and already complaining. Chin up lads.

All of the former vet alliances are just shadows of their former selves from as early as 2-4 rounds ago. Also I don't know if they've figured this out but Avengers will grow much faster than everyone else if they're building optimally and conducting their own wars. I wonder how you counter this. mmmm well first you need something called bravery and competent leadership which unfortunately most lack so they may as well lay down, wait and take it when Avengers come knocking.

Still a bs move on TPC but everyone should have expected it from one of TE's biggest flag runners ever known aka Stevie.