We can handle it, just wish they could handle this diplomatically first.

I'm sorry, what?

Just a few posts ago you admitted to having talked to Fark's FA team. Why do you think he was there?

So tell me this, how would you see this being diplomatically resolved? Difficulty: Just saying that Fark should accept you doing what you've been doing can't be considered a diplomatic resolution.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, what?

Just a few posts ago you admitted to having talked to Fark's FA team. Why do you think he was there?

So tell me this, how would you see this being diplomatically resolved? Difficulty: Just saying that Fark should accept you doing what you've been doing can't be considered a diplomatic resolution.

5153886E321141700203410239488_30f7c4241d

Edited by Hunterman1043

We were awaiting a response for about a week now. Then I heard rumor that "WFF deleted the forum" which is false. No one has changed the embassy in any way, I triple checked the admins panel. The diplomat hasn't logged in since Jan 12, 2015 10:59 pm, leaving us on a cliffhanger. I don't blame him personally for this breakdown, I am sure he is busy with other stuff. Perhaps sending more than one diplomat to chat with us before making such a hasty decision could have been wise.

We were awaiting a response for about a week now. Then I heard rumor that "WFF deleted the forum" which is false. No one has changed the embassy in any way, I triple checked the admins panel. The diplomat hasn't logged in since Jan 12, 2015 10:59 pm, leaving us on a cliffhanger. I don't blame him personally for this breakdown, I am sure he is busy with other stuff. Perhaps sending more than one diplomat to chat with us before making such a hasty decision could have been wise.

I mean what do they care, to them you guys are lower than the scum under their boots.

I mean what do they care, to them you guys are lower than the scum under their boots.

That is how I feel, and why I made this topic in the first place. We started the WFF with the idea of being better than the larger alliances in regards to personal freedom but as well as moving as one alliance and making every decision carefully and as professionally as possible. This would mean that if we declared war on an alliance, no matter how small, we would make a public DoW (as per what I thought was one of the basics of CN). Forget tech trading traditions, what happened to DoWs? Or is this a Police Action?

Edited by Nord Belka

To be fair, DT didn't make an official DoW on the OWF about Avalanche. lol. They made one for us.

You're killing me here... Unless it's a massively uber awesome midnight blitz, I am a huge fan of public DoWs :awesome:

First, it's my understanding that when Mr.V logged in, he could no longer see a Fark embassy. I don't know why he couldn't, but that's my understanding of the situation.
Second, what were you awaiting a response to?

A response to this?

And yes, after him repeating himself in various ways of the same thing, I said "I have been trying to get another DT tech deal but no one has gotten back to me yet today.".

I think you just got your response to that.

Edit:

That is how I feel, and why I made this topic in the first place. We started the WFF with the idea of being better than the larger alliances in regards to personal freedom but as well as moving as one alliance and making every decision carefully and as professionally as possible. This would mean that if we declared war on an alliance, no matter how small, we would make a public DoW (as per what I thought was one of the basics of CN). Forget tech trading traditions, what happened to DoWs? Or is this a Police Action?

Here's the problem with your idealogy. Planet Bob is not a collection of isolated entities. Everything is connected. You can't assume that because you want to do whatever you want that there will be no reaction from outside entities. Edited by EViL0nE

He could/can see the embassy, or else he would have never seen that response and therefore we may not even be here. Yes I said that, but that was after negotiating with a wall...

Edited by Nord Belka

He could/can see the embassy, or else he would have never seen that response and therefore we may not even be here. Yes I said that, but that was after negotiating with a wall...

So there was negotiating, you just didn't like that the other side didn't change their stance.

OK, good. I'm glad my understanding was correct and there was an attempt at diplomacy first and it just didn't work out peacefully.

First, it's my understanding that when Mr.V logged in, he could no longer see a Fark embassy. I don't know why he couldn't, but that's my understanding of the situation.

Just to nip that now, I am more than happy to provide a screenshot of the admin logs, more than happy... No matter what other reasons, valid or not, this one needs to be taken care of right now.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/24nhe69.jpg *

*image sanitized of IPs and unrelated personal info

Edited by Nord Belka

Some folks love to call DBDC bullies, but really, what else can you call this overreaction by Fark? Yesterday, according to my quick eyeball check of their alliance aid screen, DT alone had active tech deals as a buyer with the following alliances:

WTF, GOP, NPO, R&R, VE, NG, TSK, MW, Atlas, tJL, Reavers, TSC, SLAP, aNiMaLz, War Pigs, Riot Society, HRE, CoIS, TIA, Viking Swords, Entente and WFF.

But, hell, let's narrow that down to just the active deals as of yesterday where they were in the "receiving tech" stage instead of the "sending aid" phase of it:

WTF, GOP, VE, MW, tJL, TSC, SLAP, aNiMaLz, War Pigs, Riot Society, CoIS, TIA and WFF.

What about the other alliances at war with Fark? NoR has received tech from GATO and War Pigs. GLoF has received tech from TTK, aNiMaLz, Sengoku, Limitless Nexus, War Pigs, UCR, SRA, and Vae Victis. ODN has received tech from VE, The Sovereign Order and DEFCON 1. DS has received tech from Kashmir, aNiMaLz, TIF and Aztech.

So, really, here's the full 25-alliance list: WTF, GOP, VE, MW, GATO, TTK, Sengoku, tJL, TSC, Kashmir, SLAP, aNiMaLz, War Pigs, Limitless Nexus, UCR, SRA, Vae Victus, Riot Society, The Sovereign Order, DEFCON 1, TIF, Aztech, CoIS, TIA and WFF.

Which of these things is not like the other? Oh, WFF was the weakest one with six members and exactly one wonder (a recently-purchased stock market) to their names? Wow. They must really by pumping out a ton of aid to DT to merit this kind of singling-out, huh? Oh, they only had active tech deals with five DT nations, three of whom were out of range of Fark, and the other two of whom received a total of 200 tech each? Oh. I guess that really does merit smacking them around, huh? They were definitely the one alliance out of the 25 listed above who were just making an incredible difference.

An awful lot of folks in this coalition like Fark, and another large group of folks in this coalition respect their military capability, so Fark ended up getting a pretty decent match-up compared to Polar. Obviously, they've decided that this gives them the leeway to go on the offensive, which is reasonable. The fact that they've decided to do so by bullying the absolute weakest tech selling micro they could find is ridiculous.

Your propaganda is long and wordy but the idea that FARK is somehow the bully is laughable. FARK engaged in this war on a defensive treaty to support the outnumbered side, and have fought in a brave and admirable manner, scorning the hatred of a tyrant.

This is a war of resistance against a long term campaign of subjugation and coerced submission to the will of DBDC. This war has been really ongoing since Mushqaeda, but for Polaris and her allies it began with the many raids that started in Disorder. These raids and attacks have targeted countless free alliances, who unlike Dark Templar and their AZTEC ilk, seek to preserve full sovereignty and independence from the groping claws of DBDC.

Dark Templar is a very close affiliate of DBDC, sharing dual membership and attempting to give the parasitic entity political legitimacy while cowering under their iron fisted governance. Dark Templar openly supports and even enforces the raids, intimidation, squashing of free speech, threats of eternal war, casus belli -less wars, and other hideous instruments of DBDC policy. Every "crime" FARK is being accused of, AZTEC and their DBDC leadership has been guilty of.

In such a war of ruthless oppression, it is necessary to strike out in a guerrilla fashion against the tyrants production assets. The use of ambush against a more powerful foe is a classic one in warfare, and has its origins in the original Vox Populi resistance of 2008.

This micro, with obviously little political knowledge and sensibility, has decided to become another political pawn of the God King. Perhaps it was promised riches and protection for bandwaggoning on the "winning" side. If so I can only feel pity for them, for the treachery of the parasites run deep, and their rewards are always twisted to some bitter ruse and unknown scheme. But in the meantime I feel the OP will pay dearly for his allegiance to his newfound heroes... he just doesn't know it yet. Edited by Tywin Lannister

You chose sides by expanding the attacks onto the entirity of Fark after they attacks just one nation on your AA that send aid to their enemy. Tech deal or otherwise, aiding an enemy is considered to be an act of war.

Granted it usually isn't enforced because usually it's too much of a hassle to do so. Apparently Fark doesn't think you're much of a threat.

Regardless you should reevaluate your tech selling policy. Tech sellers are a valuable commodity these days and I'm sure you could make some nice friends that'll ensure your protection if you play your cards right.

It is really too hard to fact check?  Was it mi6 that told you that Fark only attacked one WFF nation?

Thus far, from what I know, we have been consistent. WFF is just the only AA to this point that has taken our inquiries to mean they should try and find ways to send more tech to our enemies and force our hand.

Wasn't aware all alliance's that the deal with DT have been approached.

If Fark is hitting everyone who tech deals with alliances at war with them, then good for Fark. If they get selective about it, then they're cowards. Simple as that.

Hey, look at me being consistent and stuff. (Polaris, take note. You may want to try it sometime)

We have contacted alliances with active aid slots to our enemies, so far only WFF specifically stated that they would not be stopping and that they would do their best to accelerate their aid to DT as much as possible. Other alliances have agreed to stop, and others have ignored us. We are in the process of contacting those aiding our enemies, and will proceed forward based on their responses.

You either deleted our embassy or removed my access from the forum where we were having this discussion. As Fark's squirrel (MoFA), you were dealing with me. I told you what would happen, you told me that you were going to aid DT anyways, and I told you we would respond. We then waited until you aided DT again, and responded.

Edit: as of this morning, the embassy mask situation has been remedied. For those playing along at home, I share with you the diplomacy of WFF. I think I was pretty clear, and I think WFF was pretty clear as well.:

http://i.imgur.com/gsEfFiK.png

http://i.imgur.com/ACL3Yvw.png

http://i.imgur.com/81Pl6FK.png

http://i.imgur.com/xw2nnBi.png

http://i.imgur.com/qXBgtaF.png

http://i.imgur.com/IAw3A96.png Edited by Mr Vicarious

You either deleted our embassy or removed my access from the forum where we were having this discussion. As Fark's squirrel (MoFA), you were dealing with me. I told you what would happen, you told me that you were going to aid DT anyways, and I told you we would respond. We then waited until you aided DT again, and responded.

Edit: as of this morning, the embassy mask situation has been remedied

Based upon the logs, it looks like nothing changed.

OOC: Maybe try 'logging in' next time?

Edit: as of this morning, the embassy mask situation has been remedied

Your embassy was certainly not messed with, I have no reason to lie and I feel that the above picture is more than enough proof if anyone knows how the admin log works... here it is again: http://oi59.tinypic.com/24nhe69.jpg

I do not refute saying what I've said and I stand by our private deals, but I do not feel that this sort of claim is very fair... because it didn't happen.

In all fairness, when you aid an enemy combatant attacking my alliance, that is considered an act of war.  This is not out of some desire to destroy WFF or because we "get some sick thrill out of bullying a small alliance."

You aided our enemies during wartime, we asked you to knock it off, you refused.  There are other AA's guilty of the same criminal act and unless they choose to stop sending aid to the alliances that Fark is at war with, they can expect similar responses.

Aiding someone's enemy during wartime has been historically viewed as an act of war for ages on this planet.  The excuse we were given that y'all found it acceptable because "other alliances are all doing it" in this war doesn't make it right and is frankly unacceptable behavior.  We were more than willing to call off the dogs so long as you promised to stop sending aid to our enemies for the duration of the war,  Apparently, you have refused.

The offer still stands.  Stop sending aid to those at war with Farkistan, we'll be happy to peace out and call it a day.  Otherwise, let's have a fun war together and WFF can keep sending all the aid it wants to while we fight each other.