Top Five Worst Alliances of All Time

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that some people still hate MK that badly that they need to call them worst alliance ever a year after they disbanded, just goes to prove how well MK succeeded. They did not only stay on top CN longer that pre Karma NPO; they also left a stronger legacy. 

The topic is about the worst alliances of all time. :P

The fact that some people still hate MK that badly that they need to call them worst alliance ever a year after they disbanded, just goes to prove how well MK succeeded. They did not only stay on top CN longer that pre Karma NPO; they also left a stronger legacy. 

*Edit: Complete reading comprehension fail.

Yeah, uh, I suppose so.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I don't think he realizes that at all Rey, it doesn't fit the narrative they have in their heads.

Most of us really have no problem with GOONS. I even think that that message from you, about allowing your guys to get their fill of being nuked before peacing, was the right course for you to take. But we did find it amusing that you got all pissy about information that is shared amongst our membership, and obviously we react when threatened. There's really very little cause for friction between us, but you can't seem to get over your embarrassment.

Considering I didn't make this thread about Kashmir in anyway whatsoever I don't see what your point is. In fact until your people brought it up I made no mention of your alliance. In my top 5 worst alliances you aren't even mentioned, you would have to be relevant first.

As it is I couldn't care less about Kashmir, I do enjoy watching you get your stuff blown up, and one day I plan on getting my guys to do it as well. Until then you are free to carry on.

As for embarrassment that isn't the correct word. Disrespect is a better word for it. One usually assumes that correspondence between alliance leaders is private, and one usually says "if you don't mind I will share this with my guys" if you are going to share it. That lack of consideration was telling. And then having some chump post pieces of correspondence out of context in an attempt to make look bad was icing on the cake.

SBilly apologized for his membership multiple times, and for that I am grateful that at least he understands what kind of faux pas they committed and was willing to make amends for it. And as a stand up guy he even paid the tech we agreed upon for those two nations release.

And yet still I want to see you burn for the fun of it.

I guess I'm just that kind of guy.

Considering I didn't make this thread about Kashmir in anyway whatsoever I don't see what your point is. In fact until your people brought it up I made no mention of your alliance. In my top 5 worst alliances you aren't even mentioned, you would have to be relevant first.

As it is I couldn't care less about Kashmir, I do enjoy watching you get your stuff blown up, and one day I plan on getting my guys to do it as well. Until then you are free to carry on.

As for embarrassment that isn't the correct word. Disrespect is a better word for it. One usually assumes that correspondence between alliance leaders is private, and one usually says "if you don't mind I will share this with my guys" if you are going to share it. That lack of consideration was telling. And then having some chump post pieces of correspondence out of context in an attempt to make look bad was icing on the cake.

SBilly apologized for his membership multiple times, and for that I am grateful that at least he understands what kind of faux pas they committed and was willing to make amends for it. And as a stand up guy he even paid the tech we agreed upon for those two nations release.

And yet still I want to see you burn for the fun of it.

I guess I'm just that kind of guy.

My point would be exactly what I stated. The original subject of this thread is more than pointless so I took the opportunity to present my position on Kashmir-GOONS, since it was already under discussion. I made no mention of your choices for worst alliance and whatever else you're going on about.

As for the rest, you do that little buddy.

Is no one going to attempt an impartial list? >_>

Generally, I believe the worst alliances are those whose leadership does the greatest disservice to the greatest number of its own members.

1. GPA under Apriland

Perhaps the Woodstock Massacre was inevitable, but Apriland's ill-timed remarks, and abandonment of the alliance shortly before the war began caused many to suffer far more than they needed to. With so many people having little to no combat experience, and the leadership of the alliance missing its most important member, the war hit the GPA far harder than a more experienced alliance its size would've been hit and the alliance deflated like a punctured balloon.

2. GGA

Under Jonathan Brookbank's leadership the GGA was semi-decent and stable, but things fell apart rapidly with his first exile. One PR disaster after another assassinated the alliance in the public eye, and they could not recover from their first two major defeats with the Karma War and Second Unjust War. One of the largest alliances ever to disband from loss of purpose.

I can't think of any others right now. By the way, that is not to say that I think the best alliances are the opposite of how I described the worst. >_> The best alliances are the ones who provide the fondest memories for its members, and who have the most significant impact, for better or worse, on the planet.

2. GGA

Under Jonathan Brookbank's leadership the GGA was semi-decent and stable, but things fell apart rapidly with his first exile. One PR disaster after another assassinated the alliance in the public eye, and they could not recover from their first two major defeats with the Karma War and Second Unjust War. One of the largest alliances ever to disband from loss of purpose.

As an ex-GGA member who left along with Brookbank at the time of his first exile (and before his many meltdowns), I couldn't put it better myself. GGA's not-great reputation had already taken a major hit beforehand with Viridicide. After the Unjust War, Bilrow basically became a dictator. He started signing and canceling treaties without consulting the other two triumvirs, JB and BearerofTruth, and he made it clear to the rest of the government that he had absolutely no ambitions for the alliance beyond serving Pacifica.

After JB and several others left in protest, Bilrow had free reign to make GGA a pure vassal alliance to pre-Karma NPO. It was an ugly thing and once NPO was no longer the all-powerful force it had seemingly been, GGA really didn't have a reason to exist anymore. Combine that with the coups and the many PR catastrophes and they definitely make the list. 

Is no one going to attempt an impartial list? >_>

Generally, I believe the worst alliances are those whose leadership does the greatest disservice to the greatest number of its own members.

1. GPA under Apriland

Perhaps the Woodstock Massacre was inevitable, but Apriland's ill-timed remarks, and abandonment of the alliance shortly before the war began caused many to suffer far more than they needed to. With so many people having little to no combat experience, and the leadership of the alliance missing its most important member, the war hit the GPA far harder than a more experienced alliance its size would've been hit and the alliance deflated like a punctured balloon.

Still got much love for her, I'd say GPA under Vlad if you wish to choose one who did the greater disservice .....

In no order:

Thriller
Was funny watching it fall apart and having Athens reject many of them.

United states
Led by banned member and also populated by 50 copies of banned member, hilariously built up scheme.

GGA
Already stated.

BFF
As much as I loved the pact and alliance, it was doomed from the start. Too many contradicting positions in the treaty web. Ideologically opposed leaders. It made for properly entertaining drama, but we never really lived up to our potential.

Honorable mention: AcTi
It was surrounded by war and spoon-fed incompetence, but I think when you look back at the stats from each war, we were able to punch as much as we took, albeit the forum debacles took center stage.