Recognition of Hostilities

If you entertained the same philosophy as people that were in NONE, you would be with Hime Themis, not the God King.

Devotion is only a form of slavery if it is exploitable. However, our Emperor does not exploit the alliance by raking in continuous aid packages and producing nothing like Cubaquerida. Slavery is forced exploitation, and in an alliance where tech dealers receive some of the highest compensation rates in the world, Id like to challenge you to illustrate what exact exploitation you think is going on in Polaris.

If I entertained the same philosophy as people that were in NONE, I would not be with either Hime Themis or CubaQuerida,  I would of been on my own and probably would no longer be around as a result of refusing to join an alliance and being attacked by the many alliances that allow tech raiding of non-aligned nations.

Also, I'm not saying exploitation of any type is actually happening anywhere on Planet Bob by anyone, Tywin.  We're all capable of making our own choices regardless of what stories you like to tell.  It just strikes me as self-serving for you (note - not NpO - just your arguments and OWF posts) that you talk about various types of exploitation and do not mention the one you are attempting to use.  i.e. unthinking loyality to a cause, and a made up one at that.

Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DT has never been an alliance to set trends. We are simply too apathetic and indifferent for CN. DBDC is not unlike us in that regard, which is why we get along pretty well. You will not find DT/DBDC scheming to take over CN nor subjugate other alliances - despite how much you want to believe this.

Like it or not, trying or not, you're in the seat of having taken it over and the question is now not what you pursue, but what you do with what you have.

Ehh I'm on your side here but that spin is making schatt look like a straight talker..

Pretty sure Bob was just using the logic of your own side against you.

let's be honest here they attacked your members who were aiding people that attacked them for !@#$% and giggles.

You really are ushering in the dark times of CN if attacking tech dealers is back on the table.

If its gonna be the lulz coalition, be the lulz coalition. Jeez.

Just because you say so doesn't make us so.

The Emperor posted the reasons and the warning right here. My understanding is your govt was contacted and refused to stop sending tech to DBDC, and because of this some DT probes tech suppliers were targeted.

You can't just go around dictating to other alliances with regard to whom they can economically cooperate with and not - like a tyrant.

I look forward to hearing your emperor apologize for these transgressions.

You can't just go around dictating to other alliances with regard to whom they can economically cooperate with and not - like a tyrant.

I look forward to hearing your emperor apologize for these transgressions.

Will you leave Polar alone if they're sending me 1800 tech and $162 mil a month while I rogue DT after this war ends?

You really are ushering in the dark times of CN if attacking tech dealers is back on the table.

Oh, goody, are we back around to allusions to the Pax Pacifica era? Do you think you're going to scare anyone with the ebil NPpO schtick while you're in the middle of executing a war against the supposed boogeyman which was started upon no grounds in the vein of Doom House? Don't be a schmuck, SCM, and don't insult the audience's intelligence.

Sending tech to nations at war has always been an act of war, this is the second month of this particular war, so there's no ignorance or even lingering deals. If your members are stupid, it's your irresponsibility that has left them in the dark.

Will you leave Polar alone if they're sending me 1800 tech and $162 mil a month while I rogue DT after this war ends?

I thought Polaris was planning to fight us forever!

Edited by Bob

I thought Polaris was planning to fight us forever!

Sadly no. They'll peace out eventually. My new AA Polar Bear Polar Cave (dual membership w/ NpO of course) will continue to raid the 30k and below range, funded by free tech and cash from Polar (NpO!) tech sellers. We'll swap in and out from the Polaris AA when it's convenient. Just don't you dare claim that we're the same alliance, that shit's insulting.

Sadly no. They'll peace out eventually. My new AA Polar Bear Polar Cave (dual membership w/ NpO of course) will continue to raid the 30k and below range, funded by free tech and cash from Polar (NpO!) tech sellers. We'll swap in and out from the Polaris AA when it's convenient. Just don't you dare claim that we're the same alliance, that !@#$'s insulting.

I would actually support this

Sadly no. They'll peace out eventually. My new AA Polar Bear Polar Cave (dual membership w/ NpO of course) will continue to raid the 30k and below range, funded by free tech and cash from Polar (NpO!) tech sellers. We'll swap in and out from the Polaris AA when it's convenient. Just don't you dare claim that we're the same alliance, that !@#$'s insulting.

Go ahead. I'll make my way down there eventually and we can play. 

We still wouldn't be hitting your tech sellers.

This is great.  You should do this for sure.

You are more than welcome to. We'll blow up your tech faster than you can receive it. We still don't give a shit where it's coming from, as a tech deal is a tech deal.

Edited by Hunterman1043

A NEW HOPE

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

It is a period of civil war. Rebel
spaceships, striking from a hidden
base, have won their first victory
against the evil Galactic Empire that
in the past had decided that the
Red Team belonged to them
and ALL the Nations of the Galaxy
could only exist with their permission
and under their own rules.

They decided who could post
and who couldn't.
They decided who could have a Nation
and who couldn't.
And their Viceroys brought fear to the
Universe as a whole.

During the battle, rebel spies managed
to steal secret plans to the Empire's
ultimate New Tyrants, the DOOM BIRD, an
armored space station with enough
power to destroy the entire upper tier of ANY Alliance.

Just like the Tyrants of the previous episodes,
the New Tyrants want us to accept that something
that should belong to everyone is only for them.
This time it's not the Red Team or a color sphere...
But the whole upper tier.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents,
Polaris races home aboard her
starship, custodian of the stolen plans
that can save her people and restore
freedom to the galaxy....

Not a bad idea...get a whole bunch of heavily wondered nations in the lower NS and fund them with tech deals...

When you get low on money or get damaged, head back to Polar.

Anyway, there have been some insane posts in this thread, and I have to say it really shows how terrible of a state we are in when you can put this little effort in and call it a success.

Edited by Starfox101

Oh. This thread is still going. Liveliest thread since Dajobo's announcement, go figure how touchy this tech deal topic is.

It's taken me years but I finally delivered something controversial. For an old conservative bloke that's an achievement!

Go ahead. I'll make my way down there eventually and we can play. 

We still wouldn't be hitting your tech sellers.

Take a look at the peace terms for Afm, Legion etc.
Clearly we agree on the topic of aiding nations at war or your coalition wouldn't put that condition in there.

It's taken me years but I finally delivered something controversial. For an old conservative bloke that's an achievement!

Take a look at the peace terms for Afm, Legion etc.
Clearly we agree on the topic of aiding nations at war or your coalition wouldn't put that condition in there.

Not too sure what those surrender terms have to do with this current topic. Why did we agree on that? Do I represent that coalition?  Did someone surrender to me? Did I come up with those terms? I do not care who is doing tech deals with who. It just means more tech to blow up, and hopefully more casualties. In all my battles, I have never considered tech deals an act of war against me or my alliance.

You think the people saying 'do this,' are being sarcastic or facetious, but they aren't (or shouldn't be). They likely would enjoy this happening, it would be an evolution of warfare that hasn't happened in a long long time.

I hate to be the one to share the bad news with you, Prodigal Moon, but an idea as awesome as Polar Bear Polar Cave (PBPC) deserves the truth.  One can't just create an AA that goes around attacking the mid/low tiers of civilizated alliances by snapping ones fingers and having the entirety of Planet Bob accept it.  You require at least a four year history of being a mid/low tier "rogue" with NpO or some other powerful alliance being willing to take you back under their protection if you get into any trouble.  I also advise that you keep your attacks to only small non-protected alliances or underprotected alliances.  Those that are top heavy with large nations are best because then they don't have people who can defend whoever you attack in the low tier.  But even if they have allies, you might get lucky because their allies will find it easier to tell you just to have your man peace out.  Alliances do have to worry about the annual beat down, after all.  They can't be reasonably expected to do something about just one nation.

Hey - to help with that, let's go back to the age where an alliance wasn't even an alliance until they got at least sixteen members, have a charter that's posted on the OWF, an active set of leaders who all have IRC accounts and at least one of the leaders needs to be available at all times and so on.  You get the idea, the more requirements to be considered a civilized alliance by community standards, the more people you have to raid with the powerful alliance backing you having an excuse not to punish you in some way.  You're following the rules, after all.  Plus small alliances should just be merged into the larger ones.  If they chose not to do that, well in that case they get what they deserve, right?

Do this for four to six years and see how it goes.  If there is no response, other nations will catch on to the benefits and eventually you can gather them all together and you're golden. 

One more thing, contact me when you actually decide to become PBPC.  I'll change my name to Arya Stark and write a series of essays about you.  They essays will annoy the crap out of you - that's the drawback, but overall the benefit will be greater than the negatives. 

Edited by White Chocolate

Continuously? DBDC does not do that.

SCM, and don't insult the audience's intelligence.

If this is going to be your line to argument;

Sending tech to nations at war has always been an act of war

Then I need not insult it, for your words do more than mine ever could to that end. It has been a golden standard in CN for a long time now that during war, tech deals do not get interrupted, and tech dealers are not targeted.

If NpO wishes to break this convention, then fine; it will deal with the consequences.

Do not however attempt to re-write history nor travel back in time to the year 2008.

DoW Polaris and make it happen :smug:

I would like to, but nobody is in range.

If only you actually had this level of resolve, then your words may have meant something.

Truthfully, I would be more than happy if that were to happen; at least then you won't complain about being attacked by DBDC.

I hate to be the one to share the bad news with you, Prodigal Moon, but an idea as awesome as Polar Bear Polar Cave (PBPC) deserves the truth.  One can't just create an AA that goes around attacking the mid/low tiers of civilizated alliances by snapping ones fingers and having the entirety of Planet Bob accept it.  You require at least a four year history of being a mid/low tier "rogue" with NpO or some other powerful alliance being willing to take you back under their protection if you get into any trouble.  I also advise that you keep your attacks to only small non-protected alliances or underprotected alliances.  Those that are top heavy with large nations are best because then they don't have people who can defend whoever you attack in the low tier.  But even if they have allies, you might get lucky because their allies will find it easier to tell you just to have your man peace out.  Alliances do have to worry about the annual beat down, after all.  They can't be reasonably expected to do something about just one nation.

Hey - to help with that, let's go back to the age where an alliance wasn't even an alliance until they got at least sixteen members, have a charter that's posted on the OWF, an active set of leaders who all have IRC accounts and at least one of the leaders needs to be available at all times and so on.  You get the idea, the more requirements to be considered a civilized alliance by community standards, the more people you have to raid with the powerful alliance backing you having an excuse not to punish you in some way.  You're following the rules, after all.  Plus small alliances should just be merged into the larger ones.  If they chose not to do that, well in that case they get what they deserve, right?

Do this for four to six years and see how it goes.  If there is no response, other nations will catch on to the benefits and eventually you can gather them all together and you're golden. 

One more thing, contact me when you actually decide to become PBPC.  I'll change my name to Arya Stark and write a series of essays about you.  They essays will annoy the crap out of you - that's the drawback, but overall the benefit will be greater than the negatives.

I doubt any polar bear polar cave would be as much of an ass to raid ANY alliance it wanted to, it would probably be more of a reasonable strategic arrangement comprised of Polar members and foreign adventurers, which would be more along the line of Polar's nature. For example, say DBDC refuses to agree to the Emperor's terms of peace and continues to act in a terroristic manner against civilized alliances, then PBPC would begin engaging in low tier reprisals... and then DBDC would have to find out if it is popular enough to do this war all over again, and escalate the situation.

Polar just wants freedom and sovereignty and the right to exist on equal terms with other alliances. She is not about world domination and God King status.