A question of a platypus nature

berbers

I've come to discuss something rather disturbing....TOP's war performance (or lack thereof) in the last two global wars.

Let's rewind to Disorder, TOP at the time, one of the leaders of that coalition, coasted through the war with roughly 60-65% of it's entire AA in peace mode. (I will concede there was some cyclers, but the % in PM remained consistent and there were lots who stayed hippie from start to finish). They then had the gall to be a prime mover behind the NPO peace mode terms (If I get bored enough I'll cycle back through some old threads and find some delicious quotes from TOP re: NPO's use of PM in the upper tier)

Now last war, every time this was brought up, TOP used the "we're an upper tier AA, we are fighting where our coalition needs us, etc. etc". Which of course is bullshit because after the first week of war the Platysphere coalition needed more help in the middle/lower tiers than the uppersĀ neutral.gif

Fair enough though, nobody cancelled on them, it was a winning war and their nations weren't needed for victory, everyone get's a free pass.

Now we come to this war...

TOP currently has 72% of it's entire AA in PM (it peaked at 75%). This war they are apparently a mid/low tier AA and fighting where their coalition needs them :S.

And get this, the best part is I've heard a rumour (cannot confirm but am reasonably certain it's true) that TOP is actually trying to negotiate it's upper tier entering the war. By negotiate I mean they are basically slinking around trying to get certain AA's to pinky promise not to hit them if they come out. I am under the impression that without this guarantee, then TOP's upper tier will remain in peace mode.

So there you have it ladies and gentleman, TOP doesn't bring it's nations out to fight to defend it's allies or you know, itself. Oh no, they will only bring their nations out if the big meanies promise not to hurt them :/

So why post all this? Well honestly I am curious to know why anyone even bothers holding a treaty with them at this point? Is dealing with ponies really worth being able to count on 1/4 of their AA to fight in your time of need?

Or are they good to ally so you have a bit of overkill in one small tier when you manage to get on the right side of a curbstomp? I am genuinely puzzled and hope someone can enlighten me :/

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only post before his was yours!

Berbers here's a suggestion. You worry about your allies and we'll worry about ours.
If TOP's tactics upset you then they're doing it right.

Ā 

I was referring to after the circlejerk (literally) :|

Ā 

I'm not upset or worried about TOP, I am asking a legitimate question, I mean I didn't post any lies, it's all factual, even if it may seem crazy enough to be fabricated.

8.5/10, would read maybe two more times.

Really though, you're asking why an AA isn't willingly letting half of itself get rompastomped by the massive upper tier horde that is IRON? Sparta doesn't even have an upper tier to defend at this point, because as mentioned, IRON completely obliterated it and gave Sparta a large, comfy middle tier. Why would TOP subject itself to that for the gain of...losing statistical values for your amusement?

That said, TOP should have put themselves on the line in the upper tier when their allies still had them, but at this point, does it matter for any other reason than you've wanted TOP rolled?

8.5/10, would read maybe two more times.

Really though, you're asking why an AA isn't willingly letting half of itself get rompastomped by the massive upper tier horde that is IRON? Sparta doesn't even have an upper tier to defend at this point, because as mentioned, IRON completely obliterated it and gave Sparta a large, comfy middle tier. Why would TOP subject itself to that for the gain of...losing statistical values for your amusement?

That said, TOP should have put themselves on the line in the upper tier when their allies still had them, but at this point, does it matter for any other reason than you've wanted TOP rolled?

I'm not saying they should do anything, I am asking based on the above what is the purpose of having a treaty with them?

I can't figure it out for the life of me and was looking for help from the fine upstanding OWF community.

I'm not saying they should do anything, I am asking based on the above what is the purpose of having a treaty with them?

I can't figure it out for the life of me and was looking for help from the fine upstanding OWF community.

If your grievance is regarding how one alliance's tactics, on the field or in the political arena, aren't to the best value of their ally, then you have a few more alliances than TOP to call out.

Oh yes that war...we lost like half our NS and our entire upper tier fought a stronger upper tier, I know this is a foreign concept to you, without hiding in hippy mode. We did lose pixels it's really not that bad, you should try it sometime :D

You can all troll Berbers and NATO till you are blue in the face, it does not make his question less pertinent. Sitting in PM for any longer period of time is not going to ever change the odds in favor of those nations. The only reasonable assumption is that they hope to sit out the duration of the war. Essentially, the are ensuring that the war will last longer, probably hoping cracks will form Ā or any existing cracks will widen and strengthen their post-war political position. None of this is rocket science.

You can all troll Berbers and NATO till you are blue in the face, it does not make his question less pertinent. Sitting in PM for any longer period of time is not going to ever change the odds in favor of those nations. The only reasonable assumption is that they hope to sit out the duration of the war. Essentially, the are ensuring that the war will last longer, probably hoping cracks will form Ā or any existing cracks will widen and strengthen their post-war political position. None of this is rocket science.

I mean, you Rush certainly are an expert on the tactic. It almost worked for TLR during Disorder too. Almost.
Ā 

[spoiler]You asked for it, can we still be friends?[/spoiler]

This thread is bad and you should feel bad, berby.
Ā 

Mate we're going to be at war and outnumbered for ages yet. I'd rather see TOP playing it smart as they are than some short blaze of glory.

I understand where you're coming from, but if that's the line you're towing wouldn't have it been better to keep them out entirely? TOP's strenght is their upper tier and the core of experienced fighters, or so I assume given their "elite" label: having those nations drop down and fight in the midtiers would have probably put a major strain on our coalition's limited resources there, just by looking at the damage output NpO's former upper tier is dishing. I do not mean to tease and I don't have coalition-planning experience unlike yourself, but that just does not seem a successful strategy so far. Edited by Garion

Ā 

Ā 

I would've been surprised if he didn't post a topic like this during this war :P Dude's been doing it for awhile now and have gotten the same answer again and again.

Oh yes that war...we lost like half our NS and our entire upper tier fought a stronger upper tier, I know this is a foreign concept to you, without hiding in hippy mode. We did lose pixels it's really not that bad, you should try it sometime :D

Ā 

You were fighting ONE alliance of similar size to your own, Because you know nobody could counter you... and you still lost.

Edited by King Brandon

Ā 

I understand where you're coming from, but if that's the line you're towing wouldn't have it been better to keep them out entirely? TOP's strenght is their upper tier and the core of experienced fighters, or so I assume given their "elite" label: having those nations drop down and fight in the midtiers would have probably put a major strain on our coalition's limited resources there, just by looking at the damage output NpO's former upper tier is dishing. I do not mean to tease and I don't have coalition-planning experience unlike yourself, but that just does not seem a successful strategy so far.

I'm quoting this so I don't lose it later :D