Golden Raspberry Awards 2014 - Award Ceremony

alyster

They voted for themselves to be edgy.

Which makes me feel like they deserve it. Meh.

As alyster already said, these are meant to be mocking. We aren't really taking them seriously at all except to reflect on the fact that, lets face it, there is a reason we won the categories we won. We can use this to at least continue to shape our internal dialogue as well as external dialogue. 

Pretty much this. It is surprising that not more people got what I meant. The culture is the "Hey look at me!" culture. The belief that the more times their name comes up on ANY discussion, the more of a victory it is for the alliance and the more relevant they feel like they are. No, they are not MK. MK had personality, political power and charisma to back up their sometimes teenage-ish angst ridden edginess.

To be fair, it is less of a "Hey look at me" and more of you and others saying "Hey look at them" culture now. I would wager if I cared enough to take the time, our name is brought up at least half the time by people outside of MI6. So if the "Hey look at them" people would shut up about us, we would have only half the relevance we currently have. 

When the war ends, I may do just that... until then, I take it upon myself to remind people why they should be glad to be fighting you. Until this war peaces and a new FA gambit begins to play out, your alliance is squarely an enemy of mine.

I think IRON, VE, and Umbrella know why they are fighting us. There is no need for you to continuously remind them. Since there is no one else fighting us, not sure who you are talking about that needs a continuous reminder...

When I originally made Razzies in CN they were not intended to down play anyone publicly or humiliate recipients; I intended to mock the Unknown Smurf's CN Awards competition. Today I find it funny how Mi6 and Tywin are trying to hide being hurt by this public unpopularity contest. If it truly is as irrelevant, why pay it so much attention and arguing back; especially in the 5th topic this year. Both of you were cheering for your own wins in the previous topics. Despite being allied to both of you from my point of view as author of OP; I had to reflect what public voted for.

Last year for example IRON had a sweep of collecting 5 awards. This year I cut one of the categories (Loser of the Year) because last year showed in voting pattern it was covered by Worst Alliance and Wost Diplo Team. For some reason people kept voting for alliances who were "losers" not "had lost the most". Another category cut before voting was the worst treaty for the lack of decent nominations. Aside nominations like "All of them" and few mergers. Why am I saying this? Both of these lost and forgotten Razzies went to IRON last year. So in fair comparison Mi6 you got 2 this year, in same categories IRON got 3 last year. Look at where they are now. They didn't !@#$%* about it. The alliance most likely to fail in 2014 had an awesome year I'd say. 

Atlas, SNX and the entire Aft are pretty "meh" about their Razzies. No one really cares, seems neither do they. Commies even wanted the Aft's Razzie for themselves. 

But I'm not really worried about you Mi6, you just had some truely bad last months of the year. But Tywin in denial is just humorous. 

Actually MI6 is not really hurt by this at all. We knew (before some of us voted for ourselves) that we would most likely win the categories we won. Frankly, it was inevitable actually. We fucked up this past year and we are working on correcting those mistakes. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I originally made Razzies in CN they were not intended to down play anyone publicly or humiliate recipients; I intended to mock the Unknown Smurf's CN Awards competition. Today I find it funny how Mi6 and Tywin are trying to hide being hurt by this public unpopularity contest. If it truly is as irrelevant, why pay it so much attention and arguing back; especially in the 5th topic this year. Both of you were cheering for your own wins in the previous topics. Despite being allied to both of you from my point of view as author of OP; I had to reflect what public voted for.

Last year for example IRON had a sweep of collecting 5 awards. This year I cut one of the categories (Loser of the Year) because last year showed in voting pattern it was covered by Worst Alliance and Wost Diplo Team. For some reason people kept voting for alliances who were "losers" not "had lost the most". Another category cut before voting was the worst treaty for the lack of decent nominations. Aside nominations like "All of them" and few mergers. Why am I saying this? Both of these lost and forgotten Razzies went to IRON last year. So in fair comparison Mi6 you got 2 this year, in same categories IRON got 3 last year. Look at where they are now. They didn't !@#$%* about it. The alliance most likely to fail in 2014 had an awesome year I'd say. 

Atlas, SNX and the entire Aft are pretty "meh" about their Razzies. No one really cares, seems neither do they. Commies even wanted the Aft's Razzie for themselves. 

But I'm not really worried about you Mi6, you just had some truely bad last months of the year. But Tywin in denial is just humorous. 

We in SNX take pride in our razzie. We are touched people voted for us. Our goal is to prove them wrong

Like the creation of blogs and topics drawing attention to yourself you mean?

I swear I left a mirror around here somewhere.

I know it is unthinkable to you, since it is clear nobody in your alliance has given anything any thought since you DOE's, but it happens to be true that only did that blog because quite a large number of people ASKED me to. It really was very little with "hey look it is me"... the 1st one I did 2+  years ago maybe was to a degree a "hey look at me".. this time though, it was back by popular demand. What sucks even more for those of you who love to troll it.. it was a smash hit.

To be fair, it is less of a "Hey look at me" and more of you and others saying "Hey look at them" culture now. I would wager if I cared enough to take the time, our name is brought up at least half the time by people outside of MI6. So if the "Hey look at them" people would shut up about us, we would have only half the relevance we currently have. 

I may not be the brightest bulb on the string of lights, but even I know that half of zero is still zero.

I know it is unthinkable to you, since it is clear nobody in your alliance has given anything any thought since you DOE's, but it happens to be true that only did that blog because quite a large number of people ASKED me to. It really was very little with "hey look it is me"... the 1st one I did 2+  years ago maybe was to a degree a "hey look at me".. this time though, it was back by popular demand. What sucks even more for those of you who love to troll it.. it was a smash hit.

I was actually referring to your whole persona in general.

I may not be the brightest bulb on the string of lights, but even I know that half of zero is still zero.

I am honestly not sure what to make of this. If the total times that MI6 is brought up is zero, then how do we have a "Hey look at me" culture? Not to mention, you specifically stated that you bring us up on purpose. So, this statement seems contradictory to your previous claims.

I am honestly not sure what to make of this. If the total times that MI6 is brought up is zero, then how do we have a "Hey look at me" culture? Not to mention, you specifically stated that you bring us up on purpose. So, this statement seems contradictory to your previous claims.

It was a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the "we wouldnt have the relevance we have" part of your post (I probably should have bolded it). Half of zero relevance is still zero relevance....was the point, but as I said, "tongue-in-cheek."

It was a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the "we wouldnt have the relevance we have" part of your post (I probably should have bolded it). Half of zero relevance is still zero relevance....was the point, but as I said, "tongue-in-cheek."

ahhh thanks. I should have figured that out on my own hahahaha. :P 

• 2 weeks later...