The Nuke Conversion Rule

Mogar

I.. thought that was what this thread was for?

Some origination from cn is needed, but I don't mind everyone getting bonus 25 navy points to make navies are more even and realistic and not just a reward for having or not having nukes.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I am unable to attain the stats that someone, say, in peace mode is able to maintain due to their not fighting.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=351412

Nuclear Weapons: 25 nuke.png

Unless of course you're saying that everyone in the RP should sit in peace mode merely to protect their stats for RP, I do not see why I should be disallowed from having the statistics I would have if I were not actively attempting to use my nuclear weapons in war. If you genuinely do not see how this is a problem, then I will simply stop nuking and harm the war effort and statistics for my alliance for the next week or so simply to regain the 25 nuke points that I should have.

Edited by Mogar

He actually does and has seen how it works several times. You first get 7 people to support your proposal, you then really should remind a GM that you've gotten the 7 people, following that the gm is required by the rules to post a voting thread in a timely manner.

The only responsibility the GMs have for passing new rules is posting timely votes. I don't read all of the threads or even check the open forum all that often unless someone tells me there is a whine thread or a legit debate going on, which is why I highly suggest people remind us to post voting threads as soon as they've gathered the necessary support. 

Which I did myself as soon as it was pointed out that he had gathered sufficient support. 

My point is he doesn't decide when people give their support. That's not within his control so there are actually many factors outside his control affecting how and when a rule will pass. He can't post on the behalf of others or make their votes for them.

I'm also kinda against railroading through a rule, that happened a few too many times in RP1, it is obvious to anyone that I would have full nukes if I could do so without harming my war effort, but will do so if our gracious GMs decide that I should be punished further than going from 7500 infra to 1000.

I honestly see no problem with a rule that dictates the ability of possessing said nukes, not actively having them to begin with in being converted for points to use in the RP.

I would also support such a measure because while most nations currently in the RP are not fighting or are in effectively neutral alliances, a few others are effectively being punished by being at war IG. Thankfully, the stat saving will fix most of the issue after the current war is done and over with and people rebuild their nations IG and can screenshot and thus save their stats for the duration of the conflict.

Personally, it does not really particularly solve the issue of IG wars, and I think outside of that there needs to be a discussion on IG CN wars and its effect on the RP as a whole.

I personally will rise and fall with my nation, as I have said many times and have done historically. If someone is not walaying me IC, I'll have a disaster or series thereof cut me down to size.. or find some other rp means to explain by expansion and contraction, possibly even civil wars, possibly even with the aid of other players. CN does not dictate my fate, it only tells me what to write about.

To me CN represents the one thing we all cannot control, chance and luck. Eliminating those from a reality results in cloned fabrications that are nowhere near as challenging or interactive.

• 2 weeks later...

No... every single war has been decided months in advance since Great War 2 basically, that's not luck and chance.

This is very true in CN.

That said, would this proposal amendment to the Nuke Conversion Rule be adequate?

Nuke Conversion Amendment:
If a player's nation has the maximum nuclear capacity (IE Possessing both the Manhattan Project and Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo wonders IG), they're able to gain the full points of the Nuke points, while any player nation who only has one of the two can only gain the respective nuke points allotted by the wonder. If a player nation does not have any of the two wonders, they are able unable to use the nuke points until their IG nation has them.

This is very true in CN.

That said, would this proposal amendment to the Nuke Conversion Rule be adequate?

Nuke Conversion Amendment:
If a player's nation has the maximum nuclear capacity (IE Possessing both the Manhattan Project and Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo wonders IG), they're able to gain the full points of the Nuke points, while any player nation who only has one of the two can only gain the respective nuke points allotted by the wonder. If a player nation does not have any of the two wonders, they are able unable to use the nuke points until their IG nation has them.

Looks reasonable.