7 Years of Umbrella

Monster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy anniversary. At various times in history I've been in one of your closest allies, I've been your enemy, I've been a neutral observer as you've gone into wars for causes I agree and disagree with, so I've seen you from most angles. The one constant is that you've always been excellent nation builders, skilled at foreign affairs and extremely effective in combat. I'm happy to see you still around, even if I don't agree with everything you do.

I'm glad the menorah flag got to see the light of day again.

It occurred to me while reading this, that I have probably detested your alliance for 6.5 of those 7 years. I dont think I have quite felt that way about any other alliance. I am not sure what this fact says about you, or about me... but it was interesting. 7 years is nothing to sneeze at, congratulations fellas.

93% isn't perfect, but I guess it's not bad.  When did we lose that half year?

I used to like Umbrella and I argued heavily for you guys to get into the Citadel; and found Umbrella to be among the most agreeable in Citadel when we were allied. However after Umbrella allied GOONS and keeps them among their closest allies, my view of Umbrella continues to be tainted by you guys essentially being a GOONS proxy due to your alignment. Umbrella could be a much better alliance with better choices of alignment, but you seem inseparable from GOONS.

Merry Christmas to those who were friends from the Citadel. I wish things could be between us as they were back then and I could still see you as the great alliance I once did. However the new GOONS aren't the old GOONS, your loyalty to them doesn't fulfill any duty of loyal Genmay may of had with the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving. Currently its the Goon Order of Oppression who prevents the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving from coming back, while representing the worst of what we were opposing the Orders over back when we were united in our opposition towards Q. A system built on oppression with sadism rampant.

Happy anniversary. At various times in history I've been in one of your closest allies, I've been your enemy, I've been a neutral observer as you've gone into wars for causes I agree and disagree with, so I've seen you from most angles. The one constant is that you've always been excellent nation builders, skilled at foreign affairs and extremely effective in combat.

This is largely my perspective as well, no matter where I've been on the web relative to Umbrella I've always had respect for the capabilities and character of your alliance. You guys were some of the best posters in the kitchen too. So congratulations on your longevity and all your achievements thus far.

Never been a huge fan of Umb, but it is impossible not to be impressed with their competence over the years. 7 years is a hell of an accomplishment, especially considering a lot of people didn't think you'd make it very far in this world.

I won't wish you luck, but honestly I don't think you need it, nor do you probably care either way. Congratulations on your anniversary

Edited by kerschbs

Not a big fan we got deh bad bloods, but I will say that Umbrella was by far the best fighters I've tangled with, that includes FAN in their prime. I think they cut cards to see who Zi'd me the first round, then it got to be an everyday thing. :)

So congrats and the like.

OUTTA CHARACTER
Torah! Torah! Torah!
Climb Mount Sinai!

I've disliked Umbrella for most of my time here on Bob, but no one can say that Umbrella have not had an absolutely massive impact on this world. Whether I was bleeding for Umbrella or being bled by Umbrella, they were always thinking two to three steps ahead. That is why after seven years they stand atop of Bob. Congratulations on your milestone.

Horsecrap, all it takes is not folding.  Apparently someone forgot to tell the shrooms and \m/  :blink:

"When life gives you lemons, you say 'fuck the lemons!' and bail."

-8th Century Chinese proverb (probably)

• 3 weeks later...