7 Years of Umbrella

Monster

7xamS.png

Seven years ago on Christmas Eve, which in 2014 coincides with the last day of Hanukkah, the first nations moved onto the Umbrella alliance affiliation in culmination of a carefully planned trajectory to set up an alliance that would be more professional and efficient after the destruction of their original home. The name was chosen because of the notion of the shelter it provided for dispersed former members of Genmay. The alliance believed it was under an existential threat in its early stages and avoided declaring its existence until well after its founding.

With such concerns being on their mind, I do not believe the expectations of the founders were that the alliance would go onto achieve as much as it has and their aims were very modest. However, the effort they put in gathering the resources to build the alliance's foundation has been integral part of its success.  The very first Umbrella member, threefingeredguy of Craggy Island, still remains with us and we owe him a great debt in terms of his contributions to the alliance’s founding and continuity.

In spite of the initial doubts and growing pains in its first years, the alliance has reached great heights since 2007. Umbrella has shown an ability to survive and thrive despite hardships due to the steadfast resolve of our members especially those those who remain from its infancy.

Even though some individuals may go above the call of duty in terms of service, striving for Umbrella’s standards requires a high level of compliance from each individual member and I am thankful to them. I am also thankful to our allies for their support for us, be they old or new as no alliance can truly thrive without a decent support base.

That being said and while it is a time for celebration, there is always more work to do and we hope to make the following year as productive as possible for our alliance.

When the sun shines, we’ll shine together

Told you I'll be here forever

Said I'll always be a friend

Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

You can stand under my umbrella

You can stand under my umbrella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSlGAgggDkQ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It truly has been amazing! In a time where alliances were often rolled into disbandment, Umbrella was able to create something very special. I'd love to smugly say that I'm not surprised we've made this this far, but in truth I am. The talent and dedication shown by many members and leaders has been phenomenal and I am proud to share (and have shared) an AA with all of them. Special thanks as well to all allies current and former, alliance leaders from back in the day and today.

Cheers!