The Imperium had began surveillance of Alaska over the past several months, with the strategic importance of the largest former state of America, and a history entwined with Japan, the movements begun by Cascadia into British Columbia and the Yukon were a transparent move to continue onward into Alaska. Katsuro decided something had to be done, and the more radical of the military had agreed. the 1st fleet would park itself 100 miles south of Kodiak Island, setting up a radar picket and launching AWACS patrols as well as beginning ASW operations to ensure no surprises. The 2nd fleet would make the same movements 100 miles south of the Kenai Peninsula.  Ten of the Imperium's Sōryū-class submarines would lay in wait in a line across the Gulf of Alaska. OOC: I can provide a map to a GM if needed) 

The 2nd Corps of the Imperium marines would land on the Alaskan Peninsula. with UAVs observing the Cascadian advance, moving by helicopters to Kenai, everything to the west would eventually be claimed by the Imperium, but for now Kotzebue. Kodiak, Bethal, Homer, and most critically, Barrow would be the targets of choice for the Imperium. Military presence within cities would be kept to a minimal. The Imperium forces were used to the Arctic, they would maintain vigilance until the Cascadian response came.

Dear Emperor Alan,

It has come to my attention that Cascadia wishes to continue its expansionism into the former state of Alaska. These moves, in conjunction with your son's apparent lack of education in the Imperium's history within the Pacific lead me to believe that Cascadia has little interest in a united Pacific Rim. In the interests of ensuring the security of the most important of oceans, I am informing you that Alaska west of the 151st longitude is now considered under the protection of the Imperium, and we will preserve the land in this region as we would the Home Islands. As I assume you will wish to discuss this, Feel free to reply at your earliest convenience, whether though email or video conference.

Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of  Japan, Joseon, and Aisu-shō, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Guardian of East Asia, Protector of the Pacific, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

Alan pour over his reports on his desk. The Imperium had moved troops into Western Alaska, this could only mean one thing, that they were gearing for war with the Empire. Everything that had transpired within the last few months came into focus, the treatment of his son at the Pacific Conference, their movements into the Atlantic, and their harshness to anyone who questioned them. This would not be tolerated any longer. It w\is bad enough they are trying to control the Pacific, but to hinder the inclusion of territory that was rightfully the Empires. It was an act of war. 

Empress Kazuko, are you seriously attempting to do this at the moment. I have tolerated many things that the Imperium has been doing recently, the Falklands, you berating my son like he is your own. Now you attempt to steal land that the Empire has had a large claim on since the end of the Ecclesiarchy. I once thought we were friends, that our empires would never cross paths, but it seems you did not think the same. In respect to what I thought was a friendship I will give you this, you have exactly 96 hours to remove all Imperium forces from Alaska or I it appears the worst will come. Please make the right choice my old friend.

Emperor Alan Wymore-Emperor of Cascadia, Defender of Oregon, Savior of Washington, Knight of Idaho, Conqueror of Utah, Slayer of Wyoming, Guardian of Yukon, Watchdog of the Columbia, Protector of Alaska.

Operation Mythril

With assets reporting everywhere between 40k and 60k combat units in Western Alaska the army would have to act swiftly. The rest of the Second Army would be given orders to move into Cascadian Controlled Alaska, or CCA. Corps six and seven would both receive commands to move to Anchorage to support troops stationed there. The 8th corp would receive orders to move north into Fairbanks, where it would split into her divisions, the 15th division would move to support troops in the Far North, while the 16th would remain in Fairbanks and build up defenses. 10th Corp would be rotated into Juneau because if the Japanese used an amphibious assault and captured the city, forces other places in the state would be harder to defend. Air Force units would move fighter squadrons into Juneau. Naval forces that included the destroyers, Olympia, Marathon, Leviathan, Halycon, the frigates, Klamath, Midsummer Night, Amber Clad, Atlas, Revolution, Infinity, Athens, Phoenix, and the corvettes, Hood, Redmond, Bremerton, Redford, Beaverton, Salem, Boring, Ashland, Gresham, Tigard, Newberg, Milwaukie, Bellevue, Everette, Kent, would all move into the Prince William Sound until further orders could be given. All other naval forces abroad would be recalled to their respective homeports.

Edited by Dillon1102

A Proclamation From The Governor

of

The Republic of Texas

200px-Seal_of_the_Republic_of_Texas_%28c

The Alaskan Proclamation 

In the most complex political and socioeconomic situations the nations of the world come together to discuss and compromise what is best for all of them. However, when independent groups form with malice intent, it is the duty of independent nations to stand up to any destructive actions they may take which will harm or disrupt the peaceful sovereignty of other nations. It is by this ethic that the Republic of Texas shall not stand for the invasion of the Western Hemisphere by any nation, including Japan. The Republic will stand with the Cascadian Empire and defend our part of the world, no matter what the cost may be. 

The Texas government demands that Japan declare its intentions to leave the State of Alaska immediately, otherwise its continued occupation or any engagement of the Cascadian Empire will be taken as an act of war on the Republic of Texas. The Texas government maintains that peace is the greatest way to obtain and maintain prosperity around the world, however any invasion of North America will not be tolerated and will be responded to.

Governor Anthony Sparks, December 28, 2014

Edited by PresidentDavid

Classified

Two field armies of 100,000 men each were deployed and would begin a sparse migration through the wilderness into the Empire of Cascadia. The Cascadian government had already been made aware that such troop movements were going to be made, so no prior warning was initiated. The appropriate air support teams were also deployed into Cascadia along with the Air National Guard. The State was immediately brought to DEFCON 4 and congress was assembled in the event that a declaration of war needed to be made. Two-hundred thousand men rushed from the north west border of Texas on tanks, in helicopters, in troop transports, and even some on trains. The Texas Air National Guard began regular patrols of Texas airspace while former American radar installations were utilized. Special Forces were also being flown in on low-decal aircraft where they would await further orders. The Texas Air National Guard would provide air cover for troops while they were being transported. Mobile anti-aircraft weaponry would be brought along the way as well to double the efforts of security. The Director of The Department of Public Safety would request from the Cascadian Military access to its radar information and the location of all known Japanese troop movements.

Edited by PresidentDavid

After allowing the Cascadian fleet to pass by their submarine forces, their locations were known to the Imperium and their own fleets quickly began moving to intercept, Once the Cascadian fleet moved past the barrier islands, their locations were transmitted via encrypted channels to Imperium forces upon the Kenai Peninsula, whom had Type 12 surface-to-ship missiles prepared for such an event, though it was unexpected they simply sailed past the Imperium's 2nd fleet, which would simply let the Cascadian fleet pass by, before setting up a new picket line to the southeast of the Prince William Sound, while the 1st fleet would move to take position where the 2nd fleet was, to the southwest of the sound.

The submarines, already in a picket to gauge where the Cascadian fleet was, its makeup, and where it was headed, began to trail them silently, encircling the barrier islands. waiting patiently.
 Diplomatic Cable to Cascadia

Emperor Wymore, 

You are not worthy to speak my real name, there was only one on this earth who may call me by my personal name and she is no longer with us, I am Empress Hoshiko. Your own upbringing of your child is your responsibility, but when tasked to me I will treat them the way they require for the situation. Your child made it clear Cascadia does not value Pacific Security, nor the responsibility of Cascadia to ensure that such is possible. Such views could only be pressed upon a child if their parents believed similarly. You do not gain a mandate to land simply because another has fallen, nor do you deserve land simply because it is nearby, your actions have proven you only have an interest in your own Empire, and not a Pacific Community.

I have made my position clear and that Pacific Security has been my nation's highest priority, since these are not a priority for your nation then we will come to blows. You have proven I made the correct choice by issuing threats towards us because you feel you "deserve" Alaska, ignoring that the Imperium holds a responsibility to secure the Pacific, and that your words and actions stand in direct conflict with the security of the rest of the Pacific. 

I will not be withdrawing from Western Alaska, and the Imperium will take any military movements past the 151th longitude as a formal declaration of War. If you did not have an interest in war with me, you would not have sent your child to attempt to tell me off in a diplomatic meeting, nor would you hold Pacific Security and your own nations security as a secondary interest. Our intelligence suggests you are calling in allies to further escalate matters, as such we are forced to do so as well. We will however, not be the ones firing the first shots, We believe in documentation we sign and will not break the League of Nations charter. We helped create this new world, we won't be its undoing.

Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of  Japan, Joseon, and Aisu-shō, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Guardian of East Asia, Protector of the Pacific, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

Diplomatic Cable to Confederate Republic of the North Atlantic

Sir Walter Crowley,

As an American Nation, it is my duty to inform you of our intent to stop further Cascadian expansion, We do not have an interest in maintaining a large presence within the Americas, but Cascadia has informed us they do not wish to see a secure pacific, or a secure Cascadia, and after direct threats against us, we feel we have no choice but to act against these aggressive actions, Pacific Security is of the utmost importance to us, as I would believe North Atlantic Security is to you. I hope we are able to work together to find an amicable solution for the future of the Americas. As a soon to be fellow Arctic Nation, we feel we have much to offer you, and together we can ensure a mutual security that ensures both of our nations have nothing to fear for the foreseeable future.

Diplomatic Cable to The Republic of California

To Whom it may concern,

As an American Nation, it is my duty to inform you of our intent to stop further Cascadian expansion, We do not have an interest in maintaining a large presence within the Americas, but Cascadia has informed us they do not wish to see a secure pacific, or a secure Cascadia, and after direct threats against us, we feel we have no choice but to act against these aggressive actions, Pacific Security is of the utmost importance to us, as I would believe North Atlantic Security is to you. I hope we are able to work together to find an amicable solution for the future of the Americas.

Diplomatic Cable to United Caribbean States

President Marco, 

It appears the Republic of Texas has begun to move towards supporting the Cascadian goal of subjugating Alaska, and the Inuit people, which serves against our stated desire of Pacific Security, we formally request that you do not allow Texan military vessels into the Pacific, as they will be moving against the Imperium.

Diplomatic Cable to Plains Federation

To Whom It May Concern,

Your former state of Texas has begun moving against the Imperium's stated desire of a secure Pacific, an Ideal we stood for with Tikal and will continue to do so. Cascadia does not wish for a safe or secure Pacific and merely wishes to expand their own Empire, at the cost of a secure Bering Strait. I ask you as friends we fought alongside once before to work together with us to not cause undue harm to North American nations.

Diplomatic Cable to Druk Yul

Dear Maelstrom,

The Imperium finds itself at odds with the Cascadians, I invite you to join us in combat with them if they elect to escalate the conflict. It has been over a decade since we shed blood together, let us remind the world of the Strength of Asia and perhaps provide your newer recruits with some live fire training.

As always,
Empress Hoshiko

:Public Dispatch in Reply to Texas:

While you may not be aware, the East Asian Imperium did attempt to compromise and discuss a fruitful future with the Cascadians, but rather than working with us to ensure such a relationship, they spat at the thought and told us they had no interest in a Secure Pacific, What are we to do then, as Guardians of the Pacific? Should we act against the Interests of Japan, Joseon, Shanghai, Naggaroth, France, the Northlands, Hawaii, and the United Caribbean States, merely for one nation's ambitions of an Empire? No, I have encountered many in my time as Empress of Japan who wished to build Empires, and they will not listen to reason, nor are they wise to back down to. The Imperium puts forth the idea of Pacific Security ahead of these childish ambitions, and will act accordingly. We will not leave Alaska and we have expressed our position through the proper diplomatic channels to Cascadia. I have asked my League of Nations representative to begin the process of Mediation, since unlike Cascadia, I will not break my treaties, if Cascadian or Texan forces cross the one hundred and fifty first Meridian, I will consider it to be an act of war. The Imperium will not start a war, but I do know how to end one."

:Classified: 

With Cascadia clearly seeking to further escalate the tensions within the region, another corps of the Imperium army would make landings along the West coast of Alaska, reinforcing positions, with the majority of forces arriving in Kodiak, Bethal, Homer to spread out around the towns. Armor would be shipped over at a rapid rate, with defense networks being set up along the Kenai Peninsula, as well as other reinforced cities. The Imperium's military would use the very terrain itself as an advantage, mountains and rock formations would be used hide armor, soldiers would use natural ditches and alcoves to mask their positions, Camouflage was a must. and the terrain was too harsh to allow for regular encampments, by moving erratically, any intelligence gathering would be rendered useless.

Civilian airports would become Imperium military airports, with several E/A-18Gs being placed at each airport, along with a squadron of F-22 and several squadrons of F-15J/Ks, and F/A-18F Super Hornets. AWACs aircraft would begin more agressive patrols, with the datastream feeding back to Imperium high command aboard the Shōkaku. More importantly for ground forces however was air defense, and a heavy focus was put onto ensuring all Imperium locations had enough SPAAG and S-400 systems. 55Zh6ME Radar systems would be brought in to ensure Imperium air forces had enough time to respond to threats.

:Spais:

While the Art of War was written by a chinese general, the Imperium learned much from his teachings, and the use of spies was the final chapter, for good reason. Spies were able to potentially win a battle before the fire shots are fired, which the Imperium intended to do. Alatna, Alaska was the designated choice for the task at hand due to its location, it was just over the border of the designated Imperium territory, and the high Inuit population provided exactly the image the Imperium wished to portray.

A force of 40 Imperium agents would make their way to the town from Kotzebue, a difficult journey, and hoped to make the trip without being spotted by Cascadian reconnaissance, using Strykers, selected for their near identical appearance to the Cascadians transport of choice. If they managed to arrive unnoticed by Cascadians, they would begin a false flag operations, 28 people lived in Evansville, and a a single one would be needed to survive for the Imperium to portray Cascadia as villainous.

Of course, the one selected was an Imperium agent,  chosen for his ethnicity, he would for all intents and purposes be an Alaskan citizen, though he had grown up on the Imperium held Aleutians. He would be provided with a cell phone to begin to record the footage.

Four Strykers sat in the center of the town, the soldiers wearing Cascadian uniforms going door to door and ordering the citizens out into the cold. An elderly man fell upon the snow, a nearby solder kicked him back down as he tried to get back up, in the distance beyond the camera's view a single shot rang out, and within a few seconds, the soldiers began unloading into the unarmed civilian population. the camera trembled from its soon limited perspective, the recorder taking refuge underneath one of the many raised structures. The footage would end with the Strykers loading up their troops, their commander yelling "To the next one, if these snow chinks want to support those other slants, they can die alongside em!" and setting off into the darkness, the light filled town now dark of life.

The agents knew where the man was hiding, but there would be no evidence of that filmed, they would return to the town a few minutes later and bring him to the closest Imperium held town, and onward to Kotzebue to be used as a sound byte later on.

Edited by Mogar

:Classified:

The footage from the "assault" was carefully gone over to ensure they was no method of connecting it to the Imperium, as well as that the symbols and vehicles matched the description of the Cascadian military. Furthermore, the "Witness" was coached by psychologists and other experts in the fields of intensive questioning, working with him to ensure that he could pass a lie detector test, and hold under other forms of pressure. The operation was a delicate one and there could be no holes within the story, for now the Imperium would hold onto the footage, documentation within Maniilaq Health Center would be created to prove he was treated for the psychological trauma, it just happened that the doctors who signed were Imperium citizens.

To: The EAI
We will honor your request.

Public
"In the interest of ensuring peace in the Caribbean and Central America, aswell as attempting to prevent further escalation of the Alaskan conflict, a ban will be placed on all international military vessels from pasing through the Panama and Nicaraguan Canals. We also invite all concerned parties to meet in Havana, if a neutral meeting place will help in de-escalation."

Classified
Defenses along the canals were brought online, in the event any party tried to dispute their decision to close the canals to military usage. Radars would be activated to monitor Activity in the Caribbean, Texas, and out into the Pacific. Sat Ops would also watch the conflict unfolding in Alaska. Edited by supercheese

Public
"In the interest of ensuring peace in the Caribbean and Central America, aswell as attempting to prevent further escalation of the Alaskan conflict, a ban will be placed on all international military vessels from pasing through the Panama and Nicaraguan Canals. We also invite all concerned parties to meet in Havana, if a neutral meeting place will help in de-escalation."

Classified
Defenses along the canals were brought online, in the event any party tried to dispute their decision to close the canals to military usage. Radars would be activated to monitor Activity in the Caribbean, Texas, and out into the Pacific. Sat Ops would also watch the conflict unfolding in Alaska.

To President Marco Hernandez of The United Caribbean States

From Governor Anthony Sparks of The Republic of Texas

Mister President, 

It has been brought to my attention to the Caribbean government has closed the central American canals to all international military vessels. I was going to have the Secretary of State send this message but I thought it would be more fitting if I sent it myself. First, I would like to convey that the Texas government does not see this as an act of aggression or an act of favoritism towards other foreign states who may be stirring up international affairs in North America. I respect the Caribbean States's decision to remain neutral in ongoing conflicts or confrontations and I do not see it affecting our current relationship. However, with that being said I do recognize that the Republic of Texas does not have an official diplomatic standing with the Caribbean States and thus I am requesting to send a permanent ambassador to Havana and, in exchange, receive one in Austin who would be treated with an embassy. I believe there is plenty we can do together with our close proximity economically. And, on the topic of national security, I am confident that there is plenty we can do to keep the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico a demilitarized zone. 

I would go into more detail, but if these topics interest you then the ambassador I send will be able to convey more detailed plans in person so that you and the Caribbean Congress can review them and discuss if we can make policies together. We are still working to see who orchestrated the attempted coup de etat on the American government, so I hope you can understand why it has taken so long to get into contact. I am running a State like it is an independent nation, but I fear that we will have to remain sovereign. I do not think there is an American government to return to. But these are domestic matters I'm sure you don't have an interest for. I do know that there is a big discussion in Congress to establish a free-trade and laxed-borders system with the Caribbean States. I believe there is a big tourism industry that the UCS can benefit from Texas residents who have to settle for some of our less exotic beaches. 

I look forward to hearing back from you; if there are any questions you have concerning Texas policies please don't be afraid to ask. I hope you accept our ambassador and, like I previously stated, the Texas government would be honored to receive a Caribbean ambassador. Oh, and congratulations on establishing a national ferry system in the Caribbean. A nation-wide transit is something that we would like to have eventually via-rail, but I think that dream might take a while before we can make it a reality. Best of luck in your current endeavors and be willing to ask if the Caribbean needs any assistance protecting the canals from foreign intrusion. 

Best Regards,

Governor Anthony Sparks

TEXAS-LOUISIANA BORDER

1200 HOURS

"Now let me say this, and honestly this is what I think, if the government - I mean the American government - still existed in some fashion, we would have heard from them by now. Washington is still dark, no word from the Pentagon, SRATCOM was just decapitated like some 13th century prisoner of war, and the army went into open combat with itself in the north. I think we are literally witnessing the balkanization of the United States. It's possible don't you think? There's no president, no congress. Basically all that's left is some of the military. Half the State governments were taken out too. We're just lucky we had the Texas Rangers back in Galveston to protect the Governor and to protect the Lieutenant Governor in Austin. That's what I think." Arnold Freeman, private, read an article on his iPhone about trouble in the Dakotas. His feet were up on another chair in a relaxed position and the radio softly played on the background. His rifle was neatly set in a wall-box about five feet from him, it hadn't seen use since he joined the State Guard ten weeks ago. 

"I think you think too much," said Charlie Grimes, private first-class. He was relaxing too but had been irritated by the new recruit for a few days now. "This might be the end of the United States, but it wont be the end of the States. Texas is doing all right for itself. You just need to have hope." Charlie went back to his book The Cold Dish and wondered what his family in Wyoming was doing right now. He missed his sister and his grandparents. When the president was shot he was in Galveston on vacation to visit his parents who had moved to Houston a few years back. Before he knew it he was offered a position in the State Guard by a local recruiter since he was in the reserves in Wyoming. Now he was wondering if he was really fulfilling any "duty" if he was just guarding a border that didn't seem to need any guarding. Orange, Texas sat on the border with Louisiana and had a major continental artery, Interstate-10. Thousands of cars would pass between Louisiana and Texas only a few months ago. Now? Only about one-hundred move between the border. The American economy was at a standstill. Food was the only commodity really being transported across the country. Things were getting tough. 

"Sir do you hear that?" Private Freeman got up from his chair and grabbed his binoculars. The Texas-Louisiana border was the Red River. Crossing it meant that someone would have to take the six-lane bridge which had been converted into a makeshift border station on the Texas side. Freeman heard a light hum and it continued to grow louder and louder. Grimes didn't bother to set down his book and nodded his head to fuzzy radio until it turned to white static. That got his attention. "What's going on?" Grimes got up and took the binoculars from Freeman who was observing the bridge which wasn't flat but arched. Once he got focus of the wide piece of infrastructure he saw it - a fully armed Apache helicopter. After only a few seconds a tank followed after it, thought it was on the road. More vehicles followed behind. "Holy &$*@." Freeman grabbed his rifle and took a defensive position outside. Grimes picked up a phone inside their makeshift border post and called the National Guard post in downtown Orange. "6-Wide to Orange, there's a damn army coming over the bridge! Request immediate assistance.... No I'm not joking! We need backup over here!"

The tank stopped at the top of the bridge, right before the sign that said, "Entering State of Texas". By the rumbling and noise, Grimes gauged that there were a lot more vehicles and men on the other side of the bridge. The Apache and the one tank were definitely just scouts for a much larger force. The Apache zoomed past the border but stayed around the bridge. The ham-radio next to him lit up. "Hello? Hello is anyone there? Do you copy?" Grimes hung up the phone with Orange who would hopefully send reinforcements. He picked up the receiver for the radio and transmitted. "This is Private First-Class Charlie Grimes of The Texas State Guard, charged with protecting the Texas-Louisiana border. Who goes there?" Grimes waited anxiously for a response. The seconds felt like minutes. "Private First-Class, make way. We are headed to Fort Hood with orders." Grimes checked his logs which consisted of food companies and pressed down the receiver on the radio again. "Negative, I don't have any record stating that anyone would be coming through at this time. I say again, who goes there?" There was a bit of scuffling on the radio and then a new, deeper, scruffier voice came over the radio. "Hey! Who the hell is this?! Get your ass out of the way! My men have been marching for a week now. You are going to make way.... Private First-Class, or I am going to have you court-marshaled damn it! Copy? Over!" Grimes gulped and replied, " I copy, but you still didn't say who you are sir." The man on the other end, who was apparently frustrated, transmitted again. "This is Colonel Stephen Sanders of the United States Army, Commander of Fort Knox, Kentucky. You have one minute to make away, otherwise we're rolling over you. Fawkes out." 

AUSTIN, TEXAS

GOVERNOR'S MANSION

1230 HOURS

"Olivia, is the Governor in there?" The Director of Public Safety strutted towards the doors of the Governor's office along with a few aides. "Yes but he's in a meeting with-" Direct Watchmaker barged in anyway. Anthony was sitting at his desk and the President of The University of Texas was explaining something about national grants. "Governor I am sorry to interrupt but there has been a major development. I need the room." Anthony stood up and buttoned his jacket, "I apologize Jim but I'll need to take this. We can keep talking about this over a late launch, alright?" The president nodded and thanked the Governor for his time. Once they had the room Anthony sat back down and the director handed him an iPad. "Two-thousand tanks, what looks like ten-thousand men, and a about one-hundred helicopters are crossing the border from Louisiana into Orange." Anthony looked up swiftly, "Who is it? Are we under attack? Jesus, Francis. I know we don't have a 'Situation Room' yet but you need to tell me when these things happen! Assemble the Joint Chiefs and bring us down to DEFCON 3!" 

"No no sir, you don't know who it is: United States Army Colonel Stephen Sanders." Anthony was bewildered again, "Sanders? From my fraternity? Wait, United States Army? Where the hell is he coming from with ten-thousand men and two-thousand tanks?" The Director handed him a small packet of papers with pictures. "Fort Knox, Kentucky. He's the Commander of the base. I don't know what made him want to come here, but supposedly he's heading to Fort Hood under orders from 'higher up'. The State Guard at the border let him through, though I don't think they had much of a choice. The convoy is big, they've been marching for about a week is what the border guard said. What are your orders, sir?" Anthony opened his phone and swiped through a few photos before he found the one of his fraternity reunion only last year. Sanders was there in his full glory. "What a bad ass" Anthony thought outloud. "Sir?" Anthony put his phone down, "Oh sorry... Get communications with the Colonel. Tell the National Guard the prepare provisions for the men and provide security. If they don't have air support other than those helicopter, scramble two F-22s from Ellington Field and give them cover." The director nodded and motioned to his aides to carry out the orders. 

About fifteen minutes later the director came back and pointed at the phone on Anthony's desk. "He's on line one sir. It might be a bit fuzzy since he's using satellite coms on his side, but it's good enough." Anthony picked up the phone, "This is Governor Sparks. Are you there Colonel?" A gruffy laugh echoed from the other end, "Sparkie! It took ya' damn long enough! I hope you don't mind me coming into Texas. They noticed y'all have y'alls $&%# together, so I was ordered to go to Fort Hood. I wont get any trouble along the way, will I? It was a pain in the ass to go through Baton Rouge, I tell you what." Anthony sat back and felt a bit more relaxed. "We have your back Colonel. Who ordered you to go to Fort Hood?" White static built up on the other side but then it returned to its normal, light white-noise. "STRATCOM, not all of it is gone. The orders are about a month old - we just got them by courier believe it or not - but orders are orders," said Sanders. "I copy that Colonel. I'm going to come meet you in Fort Hood," Anthony replied. 

Anthony took AirGuard-One to Fort Hood. The Colonel and his convoy made it to the base once they were in friendly territory. They double-timed it once they found out that they'd get hot meals and a chance to relax on base. They were confused to see only a Texas flag flying above the base when they got there though. A lot had changed. The two met outside of an aircraft hanger. A few helicopters from Sanders's convoy landed with important materials from the fort. Dozens of 18-wheelers pulled up too with black covers. The Colonel came into the hanger with a cigar in his mouth and a helmet on his head like General Patton. "Governor!" he shouted, "This is a nice base you got here! Damn it's great to be home! I miss this damn Lone Star State!!!" Anthony shook his hand and patted him on the back. "Colonel, welcome to Texas. I'm happy to see you home, though I'd like a bit of background if you could provide it." The Colonel didn't say anything but motioned for Anthony to follow. They went outside to one of the heavy-duty industrial 18-wheelers. Sanders opened the hatch for one and then jumped down. In his hand was a gold brick. Anthony's hands fell to his side, "Jesus Christ..... You brought the gold here? How much is it?" Sanders through the bar to Anthony who fell over because of its weight when he caught it. "About $262-billion worth. We thought it might be safer here." Men unloaded the gold truck by truck into a secure underground facility in the middle of the base. 

Anthony watched soldiers head over to the truck the Colonel was standing at. He walked over to the truck and sat the gold back inside, but saw more than just gold. "What's all of that on top? Those boxes?" Sanders ordered his men to get the metal containers down. One of the men opened an umbrella to shield the container while four other men carried it. It passed by Anthony only briefly so that they could get it underground. But he saw the gold parchment with the curled black letters that read, "We The People". The Colonel smiled at Anthony's bewilderment. "The FBI got this out of the National Archives before the riots in D.C. got bad. You are now the guardian of America's treasurers Governor Sparks." 

THREE DAYS LATER

AUSTIN, TEXAS

GOVERNOR'S MANSION

"Why the hell would they do that? Don't they know that they are pushing us to the verge of war?" Anthony set down one of the cigars that Colonel Sanders had given him and puffed out the smoke. "How many troops are they tying to bring over again?" The Director pushed over a paper with troop estimates and he looked it over. "It says 40-60 thousand. Why don't we have exact numbers?" The director looked something over on his laptop and then folded his hands, "Estimating D-day like launches like this aren't as easy as you'd think sir. We have the capability to sink some of the transports if you would give the order, but they left Japan only a few hours ago. I would deploy the Air National Guard and the Bering Sea and state that reinforcing current positions would be taken as an act of war. Here, let's go over a few things. Some analysts are coming over from the DPS to help show you what our assets are and what we can use. We already have a lot in Cascadia, so I think our response should be able to be reasonable." 

Anthony checked his watch and lit up another cigar. "Olivia," he said into his intercom, "call the Secretary of State. I want to talk to the Governor of Alaska." 

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

Anthony sat down the Director's iPad on a stand on his desk and sat back in his armchair. He waited for a face to appear and wasn't disappointed. "Good afternoon Governor Anosov, can you hear me alright?" The man on the other end was young like Anthony. He couldn't have been older than thirty-five. "Yes sir, it's good to hear from you. On behalf of the Alaskan people I want to thank you for sending troops all the way from Texas to defend us. From one governor to another it's a debt I don't know how I'll be able to repay." Anthony nodded politely and puffed his cigar. "Happy to help governor, we're all Americans here. Listen, I'm committing a lot of people to this campaign. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not... damning the State of Alaska. The Alaskan government does want to join the Cascadian Empire, right?" Governor Anosov nodded, "Alaska cannot function as an independent State like Texas can, Governor Sparks. There's places in this State where a hamburger costs fourteen dollars or you can't find natural fresh water because it's all frozen like rock. I will do everything I can to assist Texas and Cascadian troops while they are here. I can't offer you much in the way of military equipment, but I can offer the Alaskan State Defense Forces which number in a few hundred. They are primarily Military Police and search and rescue units who know the State well. They are at your full disposal." Anthony nodded, "Thank you governor. I know you are busy, but I wanted to have this chat with you first."

"Any time Governor Sparks, any time."

TEXAS MILITARY FORCES ARCHIVE - OPERATION BIG DIPPER

Governor Anthony Sparks authorized the deployment of an additional 100,000 armed soldiers to the Cascadian Empire, bringing the total troop numbers in the region to three-hundred thousand men. The Air National Guard also moved major assets in the first deployment, and more would come in the second deployment. Thanks to the absolute cooperation and hospitality of the Cascadian government and military, military bases and facilities were being used to their full potential along with civilian airports and ports. After the first wave of troops made it to Cascadia (the first two-hundred thousand) they would trek through the Yukon and into the State of Alaska. The Texas Air National Guard brought in equipment and smaller boats for the Texas Maritime State Guard to operate, however larger vessels such as small flat-bottom barges were obtained from the Cascadians. From Juneau, the Texas Maritime State Guard would deploy mobile Harpoon missile vehicles in strategic locations on the southern barrier islands so that the Cascadians had an additional line of defense along with their own defense networks. Meanwhile the Air National Guard would immaterially begin escorted patrols with several P-8 Poseidons along Cascadian controlled Alaska. Submarines and other vessels would be actively sought out. Simple, low decal radar installations would also be set up in the mountains and along the coast, however the United States radar pav paws and instillation would be utilized and the United States early warning system as well. Texas Military Forces would take advantage of their access to Cascadian radar and SOSUS and would continue to monitor Japanese movements while double checking their findings with the Cascadians. The Air National Guard dropped one-hundred paratroopers on Middleton Island and set up camouflaged anti-ship weaponry similar to southern Alaska. A radar instillation would also be mounted there. The East Foreland Lighthouse Reserve would have a surge of Texan troops. The area had a native population of the Inuit people who had lived peacefully along with the people of Alaska for over 200 years. A small communications aray and radar outfit was put atop the lighthouse. Forward operating structures were built to house the few thousand troops arriving in the facility who were armed and ready for combat. Light vehicles landed south of Fire Island on the peninsula and took a little-used road to get to the Lighthouse base, but tanks and troop transports would depart from Anchorage with air cover and land at the base to harden their position. An armored battalion of  ten M1-Abrams tanks, thirty armed Humvees, and a plethora of troop transport vehicles flanked by 15 light armor (M2 Bradley) plus mobile anti-aircraft surface to air missiles and light machingunneries. The Texas Air National Guard maintained regular patrols over the Kenai Peninsula, all of it, with F-22s in the north and a mixture of F-22s and F-16s flying in a tri-formation in the south with the F-16s numbering in two and the F-22 numbering in one. This battalion would head from Anchorage to Soldotna where they would set up a forward operating base. The Air National Guard would establish patrols  Several checkpoints would be made on the Sterling Highway to ensure that only Texas and Cascadian military forces could use the artery. The Texas Air National Guard would occupy Seaward with a battalion of men and a FOB would be established. Anti-aircraft surface to air missiles which were camouflaged to match the environment were installed and anti-ship weaponry similar to southern Alaska was also set in place. Check points were set up at Bear Creek and other points along Seward highway. In total fifty-thousand troops were in Anchorage and occupied large warehouses or government buildings to use to house soldiers and constructing their own FOBs. Anti-aircraft weaponry was also set up in ordination with Cascadian efforts. Another fifty-thousand, with the appropriate armored assets like the troops in Anchorage, was deployed to Fairbanks. The soldiers in Fairbanks had brought plenty of supplies and were readied with anti-aircraft mobile vehicles to place around the city. Local air ports and air force bases were utilized to their full potential. Massive, complicated air patrols of central Alaska were made by the Texas Air National Guard to clutter the skies. Partnered F-22s kept a close look on the sky while vehicular radar aircraft flew in the safezone, high in the atmosphere to detect bogies. The Air National Guard made a heavy liftoft from Anchorage. Six Hercules C-130 transport aircraft were escorted by four F-22 and three F-16 jets where they would drop 200 paratroopers near Gambell along with the equipment to assemble ten mobile anti-ship vehicles and two anti-aircraft mobile vehicles. Two of the F-22s would remain on the island and the last C-130 would unload a stockpile of fuel which would be dispersed and used when need for the jets. A radar instillation was set up as well. The other aircraft would return to anchorage and make a second trip with similar supplies. The Texas Air National Guard would also secure DeadHorse Airport and maintain regular patrols for a 75-mile radius around the airport. One-thousand troops would be brought there by plane and an additional two-thousand would migrate there via the Dalton highway with armor and anti-aircraft weaponry. A forward operating base would be established there and supplies airdropped to make a large FOB. The remaining 197,000 troops were put on standby for further deployment, while the other 203,000 did their duties. 

(OOC: This takes while your troops are moving from Japan in that second post) IC:

Public

To Empress Hoshiko of The East Asian Imperium 

From Governor Anthony Sparks of The Republic of Texas

Your Imperial Majesty Empress Hoshiko, 

According to Texas intelligence and Cascadian intelligence I have significant evidence that Japanese Imperial forces have invaded parts of the State of Alaska. I have been in close contact with the Cascadian government and the Alaska State Government along with members of the Texas Military Forces who have all confirmed that the East Asian Imperium have a malice intent of subjecting Alaska to Japanese rule. The State of Alaska is an American State and, like other American States, will be protected by the Republic of Texas from foreign invaders who wish to claim lands that they have no rightful right to own. Your Majesty's armed forces have invaded the State of Alaska, and thus the New World, and did not even bother to consult other American nations or even the State government of Alaska before doing so. I demand that Imperial forces and Imperial citizens withdraw from the State of Alaska immediately, or this will be taken as a formal invasion of lands under the formal protection of the Republic of Texas.

Furthermore, any attempt to reinforce current positions, establish new ones, or blockade Alaskan ports will be taken as an act of war against the Republic of Texas. What the East Asian Imperium does in East Asia is Your Majesty' prerogative, but what the Imperium does in North America is unequivocally the business of Texas and any other American State wishing to defend her independence. The Texas Maritime National Guard has informed me that a massive deployment of Japanese forces would made several hours ago. If these come within two-hundred miles of the Aleutian Islands they will be taken as an offending threat to Texas forces and the State of Alaska, will be treated as such, and will constitute as an act of war. I do not know what caused this aggressive push into North America by Imperial forces, but I know that it is certainly not the honorable course to take in international affairs. I hope we can resolve this peacefully.

Best Regards,

Governor Anthony Sparks

TEXAS MILITARY FORCES ARCHIVE - OPERATION BIG DIPPER

Following the message being sent, 35 patrols of F-22s would begin off the southern coast of the Aleutian islands and would be fitted with anti-ship and anti-aircraft weaponry. They would remain low to the surface in order to keep off of radar, though they would be difficult to detect already with conventional radar. 

Texas forces would begin a withdraw from Alaska and return to Texas via Cascadian land routes and airspace. Provided that the East Asian troops would do the same they would totally vacate the newly agreed, "White Space" which has been left to the Alaskan people of those lands. 

OOC: Further RP to come somewhere else, but we came to an agreement.