To the concerned parties

Valhalla has more our allies on our side and several alliances they don't have historically good relations with attacked their oldest treaty partner, IRON.  I'm not sure why you or others would expect Valhalla to forsake 4 of its allies. 

It would be far easier for Valhalla to throw in on either side and not look back. This is a more difficult path to take presently.

Last war they threw their protector and first ally(new incarnation) under the bus and negotiated a no nuke policy with their opponent.

This war they wait for the counters and escalations to basically be over and puff their chest out and commit to defending their allies, some of whom clearly needed their help awhile ago.

This whole thread is retarded and honestly doesnt make any sense to post other than to give people a forum to bash Valhalla's shitty actions.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last war they threw their protector and first ally(new incarnation) under the bus and negotiated a no nuke policy with their opponent.

This war they wait for the counters and escalations to basically be over and puff their chest out and commit to defending their allies, some of whom clearly needed their help awhile ago.

This whole thread is retarded and honestly doesnt make any sense to post other than to give people a forum to bash Valhalla's !@#$%* actions.

We can argue the first two points all day and not get anywhere. On the last one, there was obviously a need perceived to state an official stance at this point due to certain things being asked of them behind the scenes .

Lolwut?  At any rate, IRON has a far better track record of actually honoring treaties with actual, yknow, WARS than Val can claim right now.

IRON has a far better track record of avoiding war when it suits them (and joining the winning side), going back... a very long way. They just do a better job of handling the FA overall to avoid looking like Hal has for the past few years. Edited by RevolutionaryRebel

In light of this, I await the IRON declaration on NpO

This isn't going to happen.

Yeah, you're doing a fantastic job protecting your allies by doing this. I'm certain this move will have absolutely no negative political fallout.

Of course there will be, there would be no matter our choice.

Commenting on your publicly stated policy does not require knowledge of your backroom dealings, I would have thought. As for your treaties, you're obviously happy with your position, nothing better than having your cake and eating it too right? Holding conflicting treaties with two opposing spheres and then citing them as your reason for inaction come wartime seems like a pretty transparent cop out to me though!

Feel free to ask Umbrella or IRON, or VE, or FTW, or Polar, or Mi6 how happy I've been.

They actually just waited to figure out what side was going to win and then made sure to help them out, it's totally a better political decision.

The victor in this war has been obvious before the first DS nation pressed a button.

Cool story bro, and if you told the entire tale, it might have even been placed with the non-fiction section in the book store.

But let's talk for a moment about the NG-Valhalla relationship, hmm?

NG knew we were going to be on other side during the last war and also knew we were oAing in.  At no point did you actually ever formally ask for our help.  The alliance in question was LoSS.  Were you actually hit by LoSS?  No, you weren't.  I wonder how that happened?  Magic, clearly.   <_<  

NG and Valhalla parted more or less on good terms, though it was obvious we weren't heading in the same direction FA-wise and hadn't been for a while, as in before the war.  Clearly you are bitter.  Can't help you there.

Yeah, not at all. Things were pretty screwed up at the end, replace "amicable" with "acrimonious" and maybe you got something.

Your alliance knew what the counters would be tonight, and decided to make sure Polar did not get as much relief as they could have, that is not helping Polar, but you know this already, and Polar chained in defensively, you know this as well, so all you really did is help out IRON/NEW/FTW, while watching Polar burn, I can't wait to see all the post war assistance you'll be providing Polaris.

I had no clue that XX was entering tonight. They've been on hold for a while now.

For several weeks now Valhalla has twisted and turned in order to both facilitate and block actions in this war. We chose to not declare neutrality at an earlier date as it would have been the equivalent of abandoning two of our treaty partners. So instead we worked as best we could within a defined set of rules to protect them and limit their engagement until such time as they were ready to engage themselves.

At this time, all of our allies are currently engaged throughout various fronts on both sides of this conflict. As such we believe the time has now passed where we could play it even between our allies and we'd now be forced to choose a side against one group of allies or the other.

Any further declarations against the alliances of FTW, IRON, Mi6, Polar, Umbrella, or VE will be met by Valhalla. Either you've got enough forces deployed now to get the job done, or you don't. That's the extent of our neutrality in this situation.

Levistus, Regent of Valhalla.

valhalla_flag.jpg

Are your allies going to refrain from expanding their wars as well? Because if they declare wars on different targets after this point then they would open themselves to potential reprisals.

NG and Valhalla parted more or less on good terms, though it was obvious we weren't heading in the same direction FA-wise and hadn't been for a while, as in before the war.  Clearly you are bitter.  Can't help you there.

Good lord how dense are you? Come visit your embassy on our forums. I'm sure you'll find it...stimulating.

You know I am sure your intent was good but, the timing, this late in the war and right before Fark/MHA enter, looks pretty bad.  It looks like you picked a side but, just are not fighting on it.   I like Valhalla but, this is was not well timed.  I can only hope that people sort of foget this.  Of course this being Planet Bob that is not likely.  Good luck.

Usually DoN/other announcements like this are posted towards the beginning of the war or in backroom channels saying hey dont hit these guys/only this amount may.

The timing of this is horrible at best and a down right insult and betrayal to allies at worst

Edited by Lurunin

This would have been a really good stance to take.. Around October or so.

You have an ugly flag and ugly character. You shall not be championed as something beautiful.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Given your multiple ties to both coalitions this move is understandable but the timing of it is suspect at best.

I agree, however the timing wasn't planned. I've been in neither coalition channel and I was not appraised of any pending actions for last night. I've been rather adamant about not being told anything that I would be obliged to pass on to my other allies.

All I can really say is that this policy would've been exceptionally handy at a previous date.

You do you, Valhalla.  You do you.

Agreed. This would have been great before we all ate 12 counters, haha.

Now this policy is actively preventing Polar allies from providing assistance to us. Not only did they ignore us being hit, they are protecting allies hitting other MD level allies. I have to say, the timing of this looks very suspicious, and smells alot like a stab in the back. Feel free to explain yourselves but it's going to fall on deaf ears. I expected better out of you, Hal.

Edited by Starfox101

Now this policy is actively preventing Polar allies from providing assistance to us. Not only did they ignore us being hit, they are protecting allies hitting other MD level allies. I have to say, the timing of this looks very suspicious, and smells alot like a stab in the back. Feel free to explain yourselves but it's going to fall on deaf ears. I expected better out of you, Hal.

It's really on your shoulders if you expected more out of them.

I was being nice in my own comment, since this doesn't affect my alliance at all. I'm glad you didn't hold back, though.

Oh, sorry, what I meant to say was, "QFT."

Now there's the kind of raw honesty I love to see on the OWF. 

I was being nice in my own comment, since this doesn't affect my alliance at all. I'm glad you didn't hold back, though.

Oh, sorry, what I meant to say was, "QFT."

Would you expect anything else from me, Zog?

Now there's the kind of raw honesty I love to see on the OWF. 

If it makes it any better, it's much worse in private channels. :p