Prophecies and Destinies

jesbro

OOC: Continued from the Shangri-La thread.

Once Jake and Adria arrived at Lee’s camp just beyond the northern Shanghai borders it became clear just how much they had overestimated the entire situation and Lee would tell them why. “There is actually a lot less of enemy dragons at the dig site than we originally thought. I see you brought a few Druk Yul squads with you and right now I'm not sure if we will even need them anymore.”

“They helped get us here from Druk Yul. I say let them help if they want to. If there really are not that many of them there, we should be able to get them to surrender without any casualties at all.”

“Adria they used to work for Henry. They may start shooting before we even get close enough to talk to them."

“I know, but I have an idea which I think will still work.”

A few minutes later Lee would end up walking towards the enemy camp with his gun only and even then he had it lowered. The dragons there would raise their guns and aim at him once they saw him but they didn’t shoot. Their leader would then tell him to leave. “Get away from us Shanghai infidel. We were here first and if you don’t leave we will shoot you.”

“Somehow I doubt that.” Lee would say to him. “I can tell by the look on your face and the way you are holding it that you have never fired a gun before and I suggest not starting now. You have to know by now that we have you surrounded but we don’t have to fight. All you need to do is tell me why you are here and perhaps we can find a way so that we both get what we want.”

“And why should we trust you?”

Adria would then come out from behind a nearby tree and show herself to them. “Because he is with me. And I shouldn't have to tell you what will happen if you don’t surrender to me.”

“The one from the Prophecy!” Once they saw her all the dragons would begin bowing to Adria until she told them all to get up.

“What prophecy are they talking about?” Lee would ask.

“Come with us.” Their leader would say. “We will show you.”

Edited by jesbro

As Adria, Lee, and Jake were lead into the ruins they would keep their hands on their guns the entire time just in case. As the leader of the dragons lead them through the ruins he told them more about the ruins. “A long time ago our ancestors used to walk these halls. No one knows how the city got buried so long ago but there are pieces of technology here which can still be studied by your people.”

“That is the part I still don’t get.” Lee would say. “Earlier you called me a Shanghai heretic but now you are willing to help us all of a sudden. Why the change of heart?! Sure we were threatening to kill you at the time but still there has to be more than just that.”

“Indeed there is. The one called Henry used us in his own plans for world domination and when we found out what he was planning there were many of us who decided to stand up against him however we were not ready to join forces with the humans just yet and many of us still do not want to help anyone. At the time I did not know you were one of us which is why I called you that and told you to leave. We do not want to become a part of the wars the humans fight with each other. Hopefully once we are done here we can leave peacefully and find safety somewhere away from you and your wars.”

Adria smiled. “We may be able to help you with that.”

As they went deeper into the ruins they began losing the radio signal with their forces on the surface and before they lost contact completely Lee’s second in command told them how bad the situation was getting up there. “We don’t have much time until the EAI forces get here. Whatever you are doing you better hurry it up down there.”

“Don’t worry about us.” Lee would tell him. “Gather the dragons on the surface as well as the rest of our forces and get back over the border before they arrive.”

“I said not to worry about us. Just get your asses back to Shanghai. We were technically here before they claimed this whole area so even if they do get us they should at least let us go back to Shanghai as long as we promise not to come here anymore.”

Eventually they were lead into a large chamber and they were told to shine their lights onto the wall on the other side. Sure enough there were many carved and colored images of a pink dragon that looked a lot like Adria. The carved pictures seemed to show her using her powers to heal people and a lot of other stuff like that. She would stare at them while their leader explained what they were about. “These were created long before the time of the First Dragon Empire. The Prophecy says that a dragon will be born with the power to heal people and bring peace to the world. We believe you are the one from the prophecy. You are the one that will bring peace to Asia and possibly the rest of the world.”

• 2 weeks later...

Once the Shanghai forces were back on their side of the border Lee's Lieutenant would try to warn them of the EAI's approach. "Their forces continue to move into the region and will soon surround you. If you guys can hear me than try to get back here before it is too late."

Unfortunately they were so far down in the ruins that by the time they got out it may already be too late to get back to Shanghai territory before the Imperial forces caught up with them. "By the time we get to the surface the Japanese forces will be surrounding us." Lee said to them. "At this point all we can do is hope that they don't try to kill us if they capture us."

"They won't." Adria said. "As long as we dont fire upon them they wont hurt us. However if they do fire on us first than that is a different story."

"So what are you suggesting? We drop our weapons as soon as they tell us to and hope they don't shoot us immediately?"

"They have nothing to gain by killing us. Technically we have done nothing wrong by being here before they started moving into the region and trying to kill us will not end well for them."

"Hope you are right Adria. At the rate he said it looked like they were coming we may not have any other choice but to surrender." 

The Imperium had noticed the archaeological site with satellite surveillance of the area before the annexations had begun, and in Katsuro's arrogance, he had elected to investigate personally. His mother would have smacked some sense into him if she had not been in France ensuring that Tanilee understood exactly how precarious of a situation she was stepping into, as well as a crash course on political science and foreign affairs. 

It was a standard dig site but no government records of allowing it existed within the Manchurian offices, and Katsuro was too curious to only watch from afar. While it did not appear to be a militarized base, he did not take any chances, with a company of soldiers surrounding the site in the surrounding mountains, four F-3B Shinden II would begin to hover around 5,000 feet, mulling about to provide for backup if required. Katsuro slid down the rope of the dropship, along with a squad of the Empress's Guard.

They began to walk towards the entrance, as the dropship returned to a normal altitude with the squad setting up a semi circle around the entrance. Putting two enhanced fingers to his throat, almost as though he was taking his own pulse, he spoke clearly in Mandarin, his voice now booming from loudspeakers on the dropship. "I am Crown Prince Katsuro of the East Asian Imperium. There is no record of any archaeological digs in this area, and yet my intelligence suggests there is quite a number of people down there, This region is now Imperium territory, and as such you are trespassing. I do wish to resolve any potential disputes regarding this peacefully, and you have my word, on the honor of the house of Yamato that you will not be harmed."

OOC: OK the posts beyond this point are being edited beucase we have agreed on retconning the one post above this one.

Adria would be the first to exit the ruins and the others followed behind her. The EAI troops were not there yet so they still had time to make it back to the Shanghai borders before any of the EAI forces caught up with them. Once they were at past the borders and back into Shanghai territory they would first head to Beijing and then to Shanghai.

Edited by jesbro

Once Adria was in Beijing she would be contacted by Jordan who had been put in charge of a special task force who's job was to take out the Dark Claws before they did any terrorist attacks on Shanghai or Druk Yul territory. "This mission is very important Adria. We have reason to believe that there is a Dark Claws cell there in Beijing that has access to Cybernetic Implants from Japan."

"You think they were given to them willingly? Could the people that made the implants be working with them knowing what they are really trying to do?"

"Dont know but its possible. It is why I want to be the one to do this. If they are using the implants themselves than you are one of the only ones strong enough to go up against them by yourself."

"Understood. Let Jesse and the others know it will be some time till I contact them."

"You got it. Jordan out."

Edited by jesbro

Emperor Jesse's Office, the day after the terrorist attack in Tokyo

Jesse's best friend Jordan was there as he was the leader of a Special Taskforce that was set up to track down and destroy the Dark Claws who Jesse believed were indirectly responsible for the attack in Tokyo and the war in France. "I'm serious Jesse. So far their one goal is to create a war that destroys us all so they can take over when no one is left and although Henry may be dead it has not seemed to slow them down one bit."

"Unfortunately you are right Jordan and I believe that war in France may be connected."

"How?"

"Because it is taking Imperial forces away from their territory. The EAI are trying to calm things down there in France but in the meantime they are leaving their own territory vulnerable enough for terrorists to attack them like that unfortunate tragedy which happened in Tokyo last night. The Dark Claws are making their move and unfortunately I believe that attack last night is only the beginning."

"So how do we plan on stopping them?"

"Yesterday before the attack Adria made contact with the Dark Claws cell you told her to track down. Last I heard she was going to try and force an engagement with them so she can take them down before they try and attack one of us again."

"And if she cant?"

"At this point we are just going to have to hope she can defeat them because otherwise those attacks will probably continue and things will get much worse around here."

Edited by jesbro

• 2 weeks later...

Continued from here

Jake and Lee would try asking the 2 dragons they brought in all the questions they could but they said they would only speak with either Adria or Emperor Jesse. Once Jesse was in the interrogation room however they were ready to answer any questions he had. "You two say you used to work with Henry and the Dark Claws before but then you went off to do your own thing at the ruins. Why did you leave them?"

The Red one (leader of the two) spoke. "In a way you could say they were all too radical for us. Yes we believed in the prophecies that our ancestors saw long ago but we do not believe in killing any innocent civilians to get what we want. The Dark Claws may claim they have our best interests at heart however they are nothing more than terrorists but they are very powerful and if you cant promise to protect us than we cant help you."

"You can help me protect you by telling me where they are based so we can kill them before they get to you."

"You don't understand. It is not only them that are after us but those they are working with as well. Henry was not the only one they were providing support to. The Civil Wars going on all over the world and that attack in Tokyo were only just the beginning (The Dark Claws are basically supporting all the groups considered evil in those civil wars)."

"The beginning of what?"

"Their endgame. They have a base in the mountains near the Druk Yul borders. Go there and you will find the answers you are looking for."

Edited by jesbro

Lee and Jake would lead their forces to the Dark Claws base but when they arrived there was no one there at all. It was clear that whomever was there before left in a hurry. As their troops searched the entire facility for any enemy forces Lee and Jake found what looked like the main room where they planned all of their attacks. "I got something here Lee." Jake would say to him. "Looks like we hit the jackpot."

"Indeed. Have any idea what all of this is?"

After the place was searched for traps and explosives they would begin looking through all of the images and documents that were scattered all over the room. "This was all the intel they used to attack Tokyo but the real kicker here are these documents which tell about the mercinaries they hired. Apparently some of them were well trained snipers."

"Snipers that had the skills to take the shot which probably killed the French Empress. They were probably the ones which started that whole war in the first place."

"That war is halfway around the world Lee. What could they gain from starting a war there?"

"France is a longtime ally of the East Asian Imperium. When they sent forces to help the loyalists there they left their home territory vulnerable for the Dark Claws to attack."

Lee and Jake would bring all of the images and documents back to the War Room of the Imperial Palace so Jesse's people there could analyse it better. Although they didn't kill any of the Dark Claws or their leaders Jesse was still a bit happy that they found all of it however it really only made him more worried about what was to come. "You guys did good finding all of this however this only proves that they were probably the ones responsible for the assasination of the French Empress as well as the attack in Tokyo and it is the latter which worries me the most."

"How so?" Jake would ask.

"According to the documents you found the attack in Tokyo was just a test. They did it to try and take out the Tokyo electrical grid and although it was only down for a day or so it was still technically successful. Apparently it looks like that was only a test so that they could see what effects an attack like that would have before going after a much larger target."

"Where?"

As soon as Jake asked that the power for the entire city of Shanghai as well as the surrounding area while in the outskirts of the city explosions would be heard at the Shanghai Power Plant.

"Here!"

Meanwhile at an unknown facility Adria would wake up in what looked like a hospital room only she had the feeling from the look of it that it wasn't really a hospital. "Where am I?" She would ask. As she tried to move her chest and muscles all hurt and for the moment it was enough where she could barely move.

She was a little scared as she looked around and spoke louder as she asked anyone that was able to hear her. "What happened to me?!"

While the Shanghai Police and National Guard tried to keep order in the city reports were coming in that government and military facilities all over Druk Yul and Shanghai were under attack by unknown but heavily armed forces although it was pretty clear to Jesse and the others that this was the Dark Claws and their allies making their next move. "As I feared that attack in Tokyo was just a test for their real attack here."

"Our military is still strong enough to stop them Jesse." Jake would say to him. "They have not taken us out yet."

"You are right Jake but with the Civil War in France and the recent attack in Tokyo we have pretty much lost all chances of the East Asian Imperium coming to our aid."

"As far as we can tell the Japanese know about what is going on here. They may be able to help us like they did against Henry."

"Right now the EAI government is covering up the attacks against Druk Yul as a disease to keep the rest of the world away from their territory while they recover but we all know that won't last long. If Mei can eventually help us against these terrorists than great but if she can't than we are on our own for this one."

Meanwhile amid all the chaos that was going on in Shanghai at the time a group of heavily armed men wearing black masks attacked an office building in downtown where one of the many Shanghai Department of Defense Divisions was based. On their servers were very important files which the Dark Claws wanted. Their leader smiled as they downloaded the files onto their own USB drives. "Once these documents and videos are shown to the rest of the world there will be no place on Earth the Light Dragons will be able to hide."

Edited by jesbro

After Adria had asked what was going on Jake would run into the room. "Hey Lee she is awake."

Lee would then walk into the room and sit down next to the bed. "Good to see you awake again niece. For a while there you had us worried."

"What happened. The last thing I remember was locating one of the Dark Claw bases here in Beijing and then I kicked down its door. I cant seem to remember anything after that though."

"We had some reports about that and it looks like there was a lot of fighting involved but I think they eventually got the jump on you and managed to knock you out. When we found you, you were by the side of the road covered in blood and as we took you to the hospital here in Beijing we worried that you might not make it."

"Was it really that bad? And why does my stomech hurt so much?"

"That is the other part that had us worried for little bit." He would then show her the X-Rays the doctors managed to take. "Before they left you on the side of the road in looks the Dark Claws managed to put some sort of Cybernetic Implants within you."

"Are they going to kill me?!"

"No. The doctors say they are similar to the ones used in the East Asian Imperium except these ones seemed to have been made specifically for dragons. Although it may hurt right now that is only because the implants take a while to adjust to your body but once they do they say you will be even faster and stronger than ever."

"Why would they do that to me knowing it may only make me stronger then?

"Don't know Adria. Perhaps they wanted to test it on you to see if they worked without killing you so they could then use it on themselves. All we need to worry about now is getting back to Shanghai and warn Jesse about what they are planning to do."

Lee was watching the TV in front of her bed. "That may be a little hard guys."

On the TV it was showing the news about the recent attacks in Druk Yul as well as the explosions at the Shanghai Power Plant which cut off the power to Shanghai and the area surrounding it for a while. Then a Black Dragon would appear on the screen and begin speaking as the Dark Claws hacked into TV signals all over the world. "For a long time your race has lived in peace with our kind not knowing the truth about what was really going on around you but now that peace has ended. As the nations of the world continue to fight more and more of you will continue to die until we are all that remains. The leaders of Shanghai and Druk Yul have been trying to hide the truth from you but now it is time for me to show it to you." A video of Emperor Jesse turning into a dragon during Henry's attack on Shanghai years ago would be shown as well as another video of him and Mei fighting against Henry forces a little bit after the first one. Meanwhile more video files and documents about the dragons would be sent to world leaders and news agencies all over the world. "They have been hiding the truth from you the entire time but now the time for hiding is over. I am The Mandarin and if you are watching this Emperor Jesse than know that you and your family's days are numbered!"

Edited by jesbro

A lot of people were in the room with Jesse when that message from "The Mandarin Dragon" played on TV's all over the world. It was clear his intent was to reveal the truth about the dragons to the world whether they believed it or not but they could tell there was more to it than just that. "Do you know him Jesse? Is he someone familiar to you because it looks like he knows you personally?"

"Unfortunatly that is true. Although the last time I saw him he wasn't a dragon and he was dead."

"How?"

"It was me and Jake's first mission together. I was told to hunt down some terrorists that were trying to take out the entire East Asian Power Grid. We eventually tracked their leaders to an abandoned mine near the Gobi Desert. We went in and cornered their leader but there was an explosion and the cave began to collapse. Me and Jake got out in time before the whole thing came down and we thought it had totally crushed the leader of the terrorists but his body was never found. It looks like Henry found him alive and managed to somehow turn him into a dragon before we defeated him."

"So what are we going to do now?"

"Now we wait for him to come to us. And then we finish this!"