VE's Official Declaration of War

I haven't looked yet, how was our counter blitz?  It wasn't planned, and it only consisted of the VE members on IRC !@#$%*ing about not having any open slots on MI6.

Exactly 30 mins after our DoW was posted I got countered by a coordinated unit. And a stagger was in place. So yeah at least they did well. Haven't had the time to look the entire stats of any of the blitzes: ours or yours. 

But it was to be expected: your counter and some quality fighting. 

Edited by alyster

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for what lol

Were you around for the last two wars in which VE had any sort of struggle?

Spoiler alert: Goldie gets cold feet when put to the fire. It's an odd medical condition, I'm told. Edited by Neo Uruk

Exactly 30 mins after our DoW was posted I got countered by a coordinated unit. And a stagger was in place. So yeah at least they did well. Haven't had the time to look the entire stats of any of the blitzes: ours or yours. 

But it was to be expected: your counter and some quality fighting. 

I got one VE guy to counter me at 5:30 this morning. What gives VE?

This basically only happened because me and SRD were worried we wouldn't get targets this war and Vlad is the only one in range.

Good luck with that.  Vlad is a beast.

There should be some good battles for both sides in this.  Have fun.

Goddamimit, someone Gave SRD a target

This basically only happened because me and SRD were worried we wouldn't get targets this war and Vlad is the only one in range.

If I was on I would have hit TOP just so SRD would not have had a target

Edited by white majik

#23 vs #31 in casualties is always a great matchup. 

to be fair to Vlad, its not really 23 vs 31 (I cant believe I dropped all the way to 31... Stupid giving you guys a month head start...)

its more like 23 vs 31, 103, 570, 935, 1,563, 3,252.  And at the very least 31 and 103 will be coordinating attacks every day.

So as much as I like to toot my own horn, its not exactly a fair fight, Vlad will be dropping pretty quick, but I expect him to go down fighting, which is all you can ask for in a 5 on 1

Truly some men just want to watch the world burn.

You are a bad person. This is what a bad person thinks.

I believe that kind of psychological warfare would constitute a war crime.

Psychological warfare is the only creative thing left in this cruel world. Sadly it is ignored by most other than the frequent attempts to spew so much garbage on the OWF that your opponents hate their lives and choose to end them (IC, of course).

When I first saw the quick counter, I wondered how many nights VE waited in anticipation of being able to counter TOP. Causing likely opponents to prepare and remain up late is a pretty meaningful factor an alliance such as TOP gets to control, especially if an entry into war is inevitable.

Delaying entry can burn out opponents psychologically. Anticipation can lead to a let down, especially since much of the excitement with war is actually that anticipation. As rulers age and have less time available to manage their affairs this can lead to considerably lower morale and ability to remain committed to a long term war.

Over time, such psychological warfare results in an aggressor more quickly losing morale (especially in the rank and file) and in a war like this which will become a nuke fest for most of those rank and file nations it hurts morale significantly.

When you add in the fact that TOP presumably had ample time to prepare their counter, resulting in minimal levels of their members waiting on the brink of war for nights on end, it's likely that simply delaying their entry a few days - let alone weeks - gives them a pretty significant morale advantage.

... of course, it's also possible that everything I wrote above really boils down to lolpsec rather than any strategic psychological warfare planning.

But continuing our psychological warfare discussion,  knowing the timezone of your opponents and then attacking only an hour or so past when a ruler would normally go to bed or awake for their days is the next logical step. You can wear down their ability to maintain their life and deprive them of sleep. If you attack too much into their night, they have no hope and give up. But by strategically planning your attacks to correspond with time that is on the cusp of intense inconvenience but remaining feasible, you can force them into either remaining up late, arising early, or choosing to sacrifice their nation for the sake of sleep, knowing it was fully in their power to be at the helm during your attack and they chose to abandon their post.

I am equally surprised no alliance chooses to basically peace mode their entire alliance, decom all their soldiers, and DoW when leaving peace mode with no soldiers (but keeping tanks for the initial blitz and their immediate destruction upon a single counterstrike), thus depriving opponents of all their opportunity to steal land, tech, casualties, and promising only a boring war of nukes, spies, navy, randcraft, and cruise missiles, slowly chipping away at years of hard earned work with minimal casualties to show for it.

Oh so much is missing from this world of psychological warfare. Simply choosing not to nuke casualty happy enemies is but scratching the surface!