Delusions vs Buzzards

Scorn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are morally and mentally corrupted, lacking the traits we see in civilized folk. The essence of Lulzism is the embrace of Chaos and the unrestricted egoism of the individual, an egoism not devoted to higher common goals like are productive members of alliances like Polaris. It acts in an antisocial manner as it seeks amusement from destroying and usurping the works of others.

Civilized rulers create something of value to everyone, whether art, or technology, or military coordination, a strong social culture, or many other things. We take pride in our accomplishments together as we build Order from Chaos. We are not parasites but producers, creating a stronger collective organism from our gathered nations.

I've seen you post at-length about "order vs chaos" during this war, but I don't feel that any of your posts get to the root of the problem.  People in this game have different value systems.  You believe there is an underlying "order" to this world (moral, traditional, or otherwise), and believe the game should be played within those bounds.  "Lulzists" (as you call them) believe in maximizing Fun Per Capita (FPC).  Other value systems exist in this world as well.

Is it really "mentally corrupt" for someone to maximize different values over others?  

Why should we value "order" over "fun"?  

Or perhaps I am wrong in my assessment altogether.

As a side note, if DBDC is trying to convince the general Planet Bob community that they belong and should be considered good citizens...it's not working.  

By what metric is it not working?

From what I see, DBDC has convinced a majority of CN not only that it belongs, but that it is a political entity worth treaties and respect.

While I realize you and DBDC do not have a friendly history, it is depressing to see an alliance leader bury their head in the sand and ignore the new realities of the world we are in. 

Congrats on Most Condescending Post of December!  I find it hard to maintain a rational dialogue when you just hurl physical insults and overplayed legitimacy claims from 2013.

Congrats on Most Defeated Sounding Post of December!  The mark has, however, been moved up to 170k.  

I struggle to understand why this is still a thing.  It doesn't matter if we 'belong' or if subjective terms like 'good' can be applied to us.  My nation has just as much a right to exist as yours and the only difference is we've freed ourselves from the bonds of having to restrain our war declarations.  It's very liberating and as long as we're prepared to face the consequences, it's our deal.  We've been extremely consistent with not giving a crap about sovereignty since the beginning.  

By all means, continue to publicly agree with the biggest troll CN has to offer and maybe you'll find your new calling.  Obviously super tier relevance ain't your thing.

I would never pretend to be as condescending as TBRaiders or Artigo, but thank you?  You didn't know me in my raiding days.

What you call defeatism I call realism.  As it stands now Valhalla isn't an alliance that has an upper tier that could stand up to the upper tier of DT or TOP for too terribly long, let alone DBDC.  It's unlikely that Valhalla will ever have the firepower necessary to even challenge DBDC in that manner.

I threw the 140k figure out there, but it was by no means exact, Beyond that point, warfare changes.  If you are in the majority during a major war, then you spend a lot more time sitting around waiting for targets, if you are in the minority, you spend a lot of time in PM or getting down declared upon and it isn't much fun...until the point your NS is low enough that you are the one down declaring and outclassing people.  The matter of your near constant raids/wars/whatever you want to call them is also a factor, but a separate issue.  They certainly don't make hanging around above 185k or so (whatever the 250 nation rank is right now) very much fun unless you are fortunate enough to have declared neutrality respected or sign paper with you.

If you actually bothered to notice, I rarely if ever agree with Tywin on anything.  Not here, not on Francoism, maybe on the color of the sky though.

Valhalla doesn't strive for super tier relevance, especially since none of us are actually any sort of fixture in the super tier (depending on how you define it, we're not really in the super tier at all) nor plan to stay there once we enter the fight on behalf of one of our alliances.  Unlike you, we get our nations pretty busted up when we fight.

Have fun at the top...1,000,000 NS is less than 150k away.

By what metric is it not working?

From what I see, DBDC has convinced a majority of CN not only that it belongs, but that it is a political entity worth treaties and respect.

While I realize you and DBDC do not have a friendly history, it is depressing to see an alliance leader bury their head in the sand and ignore the new realities of the world we are in. 

They simply aren't making themselves look very good here except to people who are already well within their camp.  Whether you want to believe it or not, the majority of the world doesn't love DBDC or Doom Squad.  Do yourself a favor if you don't believe me though--go find some people in alliances outside your sphere and talk to them and see what they have to say about DBDC.

I've seen you post at-length about "order vs chaos" during this war, but I don't feel that any of your posts get to the root of the problem.  People in this game have different value systems.  You believe there is an underlying "order" to this world (moral, traditional, or otherwise), and believe the game should be played within those bounds.  "Lulzists" (as you call them) believe in maximizing Fun Per Capita (FPC).  Other value systems exist in this world as well.

Is it really "mentally corrupt" for someone to maximize different values over others?  

Why should we value "order" over "fun"?  

Or perhaps I am wrong in my assessment altogether.

You talk like this is all just some big game. If you enjoy violence and furthering your own enjoyment is the only thing that guides your behavior (no ethics, no respect for the rights of others), you're a sociopath.

Well if we're counting raids as wars, I'm pretty sure I'm still ahead of 'roid boy there in terms of wars by far.   <_< 

As a side note, if DBDC is trying to convince the general Planet Bob community that they belong and should be considered good citizens...it's not working.  

106361-default.png

Everyone is impressed with your war prowess.

Oh no, not 9400 tech.  How will our new recruit ever survive this?

It would have carried a lot more weight/respect if you hadn't paired it with the most ridiculous of downdeclares on uninvolved GLOF nations.  

People will take this as hipocrasy because Cuba talks about downdeclares but they are missing the point.

Cuba doesn't attack uninvolved nations.

They simply aren't making themselves look very good here except to people who are already well within their camp.  Whether you want to believe it or not, the majority of the world doesn't love DBDC or Doom Squad.  Do yourself a favor if you don't believe me though--go find some people in alliances outside your sphere and talk to them and see what they have to say about DBDC.

You mean the whole world doesn't love Doom Squad and DBDC? Say it ain't So! Lies! It's a Doom Planet on Bob haven't you heard?

:awesome:

People will take this as hipocrasy because Cuba talks about downdeclares but they are missing the point.

Man, I really think Pax Corvus might take issue with this

Or any of the other 30 alliances who have been hit by nations 5x their size.

The declaration of war against the Grand Lodge of Freemasons happened in another thread. The reasoning is provided Page 7 of this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125232-for-real-dow-i-checked/

Edited by Scorn

Uninvolved is such a subjective word.  There are enough ways to legitimize and rationalize who is a threat, who is not a threat, and more importantly who is obstructing us from operating efficiently as the killing beasts we are.