Delusions vs Buzzards

Scorn

Delusions-of-grandeur.png

This is a formal Declaration of War upon the Doombird Doomcave alliance by Delusions of Grandeur. I have wanted to do this for a long time as your depredations upon both my protectorates have not gone unnoticed. However, I did not want to follow the path of the most illustrious Ubuntu with an open declaration of war without the presence of actual wars. I may only get a single round in this time, but the hostility shall remain until such time as you make amends with both the Mostly Harmless Alliance and the Random Insanity Alliance to their satisfaction.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, not 9400 tech.  How will our new recruit ever survive this?

It would have carried a lot more weight/respect if you hadn't paired it with the most ridiculous of downdeclares on uninvolved GLOF nations.  

Obvious grandstanding aside, welcome to the battlefield, and best of luck against our already turtling comrade.

That's a crazy idea

It'd mean actually fighting a real war, so I don't see it happening.

It would have carried a lot more weight/respect if you hadn't paired it with the most ridiculous of downdeclares on uninvolved GLOF nations.  

Obvious grandstanding aside, welcome to the battlefield, and best of luck against our already turtling comrade.

I don't think you get to use this phrase unless you are referring to your own wars.

Edited by Mogar

This is golden

The wars on the Grand Lodge of Freemasons are a separate issue. And I would think you would appreciate targeting the ruler of an alliance affiliation whenever possible. Maybe I will try out some more up-declares in the future. Time will tell the tale.

If Rickhard were not in a full defensive posture he may not even have been in range for me to issue this survival threatening war declaration!

How are you the one weeping over this, you have had every chance in the world to end this war for over 6 months

I don't think you get to use this phrase unless you are referring to your own wars.

What?  The champion of 'omg hey everyone look how amazing my nation is, remember me from 2007?' can't get his head around the mechanics of Bob?  There's not too many updeclares for me, and we almost always go for #1 first.

The wars on the Grand Lodge of Freemasons are a separate issue. And I would think you would appreciate targeting the ruler of an alliance affiliation whenever possible. Maybe I will try out some more up-declares in the future. Time will tell the tale.

If Rickhard were not in a full defensive posture he may not even have been in range for me to issue this survival threatening war declaration!

I do appreciate it, and I'm all for hitting nations who didn't really expect to be hit, but go big or go home, don't go rogue to try to win your war!

How are you the one weeping over this, you have had every chance in the world to end this war for over 6 months

Yes, weep weep weep goes poor me.  I'm not sure you're grasping the concept of how DBDC war tactics go.  I'm definitely saddened by the state of affairs in RIA, though it has little to do with war.

Edited by CubaQuerida

What?  The champion of 'omg hey everyone look how amazing my nation is, remember me from 2007?' can't get his head around the mechanics of Bob?  There's not too many updeclares for me, and we almost always go for #1 first.

Yes, weep weep weep goes poor me.  I'm not sure you're grasping the concept of how DBDC war tactics go.  I'm definitely saddened by the state of affairs in RIA, though it has little to do with war.

Except, you don't really, you ally them whenever possible rather than actually fighting against people that could harm you, the day I see DBDC tech raid WTF or GPA without backup you can actually pretend like you are up for a challenge.

I'm not sure you're grasping that RIA offered you terms and you laughed at them, so you elected to remain at war with us, if you did not wish to be at war with us you would not have continued to raid us, especially considering you supposedly don't raid the allies of allies.

I do appreciate it, and I'm all for hitting nations who didn't really expect to be hit, but go big or go home, don't go rogue to try to win your war!

Maybe you could explain how defending my protectorate is going rogue? Am I not allowed to have a protectorate, or am I not allowed to defend them? Strange world we live in when you can't defend a protectorate.

Maybe you could explain how defending my protectorate is going rogue? Am I not allowed to have a protectorate, or am I not allowed to defend them? Strange world we live in when you can't defend a protectorate.Sco

Scorn is indeed the glorious protector of the Random Insanity Alliance, behold our treaty and its mighty and foreboding articles http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=115548

It continues to sadden me that you look at it that way Mogar.  We've established our diplomacy with our friends and nations/alliances that have become our friends.  Even in the most dire of cases, such as IRON, we both realized the collision course we were on and decided to take the higher path and work things out peacefully.  It's not a new concept to have friends as allies, and believe me, with all the crap we get tossed at us, you can never have enough friends.  But you seem to be in the camp of many of our enemies, who choose to look at diplomacy as a 'what can you do to benefit us' instead of seeing them as potential warmates and overall good people to have on your side.  This explains the perennial fence-sitting by default since it appears your FA is DOA.

Maybe you could explain how defending my protectorate is going rogue? Am I not allowed to have a protectorate, or am I not allowed to defend them? Strange world we live in when you can't defend a protectorate.

I'm all for defending what needs defending.  I cannot fault you for standing up for principles, it just doesn't usually end well.

You attacked us Cuba, not the other way around, if you recall last war I didn't really speak out against you, but the fact you feel you should be allowed to raid RIA and simply walk away just to do it again a few months later, and that we should accept this course of events shows that you do not actually care about friends who can't benefit you.

You attacked us Cuba, not the other way around, if you recall last war I didn't really speak out against you, but the fact you feel you should be allowed to raid RIA and simply walk away just to do it again a few months later, and that we should accept this course of events shows that you do not actually care about friends who can't benefit you.

do you just type as fast as you can without regard to logic or rational thought?

"You do not actually care about friends who can't benefit you"?? What does that even mean? I cannot force myself to delve for higher meaning in a nonsensical statement like that, because it's null.

I like how DBDC is being questioned for not warring enough in multiple current conversations. I've declared more wars personally in the last 365 days than several of involved alliances in this global war. Believe me we war plenty, or we wouldn't be here listening to the whining about how we shouldn't have hit X or Y.

Ultimately no one cares. We fight, someone wins someone loses and everyone rebuilds. I'm not going to get swept up over who is getting the better of who, or who is winning or losing. Spending more than five minutes reading this contentless garbage here is loss enough.

"You do not actually care about friends who can't benefit you"?? What does that even mean? I cannot force myself to delve for higher meaning in a nonsensical statement like that, because it's null.

It's not a new concept to have friends as allies, and believe me, with all the crap we get tossed at us, you can never have enough friends.  But you seem to be in the camp of many of our enemies, who choose to look at diplomacy as a 'what can you do to benefit us' instead of seeing them as potential warmates and overall good people to have on your side. 

It means you do not care about making friends with alliances that do not benefit YOU, so you are saying that we should look at diplomacy not as "what can you do to benefit us", and yet you do that very thing, when RIA realistically has always done more for their allies than their allies have done for RIA, that's just the norm, we defend our friends, always.

I like how DBDC is being questioned for not warring enough in multiple current conversations. I've declared more wars personally in the last 365 days than several of involved alliances in this global war. Believe me we war plenty, or we wouldn't be here listening to the whining about how we shouldn't have hit X or Y.

Ultimately no one cares. We fight, someone wins someone loses and everyone rebuilds. I'm not going to get swept up over who is getting the better of who, or who is winning or losing. Spending more than five minutes reading this contentless garbage here is loss enough.

You do not war anyone with the ability to actually inflict harm upon your nation, you participate in 3v1s with the three being the top 10 nations in the world and the 1 being at most 1/8th of your nations size, combined around 1/15th of the total NS arrayed against them. Those you are rolling? They care, you might not but you cost people months or years of effort and then pretend as though you are a war machine when the people who are able to harm you you stay away from.

It means you do not care about making friends with alliances that do not benefit YOU, so you are saying that we should look at diplomacy not as "what can you do to benefit us", and yet you do that very thing, when RIA realistically has always done more for their allies than their allies have done for RIA, that's just the norm, we defend our friends, always.

you've described literally every alliance ever. Everyone says the exact same thing.

You do not war anyone with the ability to actually inflict harm upon your nation, you participate in 3v1s with the three being the top 10 nations in the world and the 1 being at most 1/8th of your nations size, combined around 1/15th of the total NS arrayed against them. Those you are rolling? They care, you might not but you cost people months or years of effort and then pretend as though you are a war machine when the people who are able to harm you you stay away from.

apparently RIA is inflicting great harm upon our nations, and their protectorates too, so much so they deserved an entire thread. Yet here we arrive at the most tired argument of the last two years. I've accepted that we will never satisfy our detractors with adequate war. 30k tech and an EMP, shame on us. I am not about to take responsibility for my enemies lack of nation building.

You act like it is a coincidence that we find common ground with elite alliances that value tech and growth and community. We shaped this climate for ourselves, we didn't just magically arrive here by pandering to the owf.