Congratulations to the followers of the Dumb Bird

zoskia

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occupy Polaris? Now that's a dumb bird.

Good sir, for the first time I can recall we are in agreement, this disturbs me. Please do not make me agree with you again. Yet here we are agreeing that those poor souls who have the grave misfortune to have chosen to nest in the new polar order are dumb birds. I am utterly astounded that you have enough self awareness to recognize that your decision to occupy polaris was a dumb one, but I suppose an individual who has burned as many bridges as you have does not have a great many alliances to choose from. 

Polar sure will be in a position to pursue that policy after this war, absolutely no doubt!

If you were being sarcastic, and were referring to the tech trading policy, I'd say we would be able to better police it post-war given how our NS will be lower and in the range of many tech sellers.  If you were not being sarcastic, I agree.  If you were referring to something else, I give up.

If you were being sarcastic, and were referring to the tech trading policy, I'd say we would be able to better police it post-war given how our NS will be lower and in the range of many tech sellers.  If you were not being sarcastic, I agree.  If you were referring to something else, I give up.

It's been mentioned elsewhere that giving up that policy will no doubt be part of your surrender terms.

Yes, yes, I know....it's early, no surrender, fight to the death....

I was being sarcastic. At the conclusion of this war where a large proportion of the world is arrayed against you, even if you are not forced to drop your DBDC tech policy explicitly through terms you will be unable to apply it to anyone bar neutrals without kicking off a new alliance war. So if you want to set the record for shortest time between surrenders for an alliance, go for it.

I was being sarcastic. At the conclusion of this war where a large proportion of the world is arrayed against you, even if you are not forced to drop your DBDC tech policy explicitly through terms you will be unable to apply it to anyone bar neutrals without kicking off a new alliance war. So if you want to set the record for shortest time between surrenders for an alliance, go for it.

that's implying you can hold your coalition together for a second round.

I am looking forward to the spirited defense of the globally beloved DBDC by Kashmir and assorted lulzists worldwide, after the rest of the coalition is satisfied with their participation for reasons of treaty defense.

Glad to see Kashmir taking leadership of this coalition! Edited by Tywin Lannister

I mean you can pretend like morale is super high over there, but hey, I'm sure holding alliances at war for excessive lengths of times never has backfired on anyone before!

Not sure how time works in Mogarland but the war has been going for just over a month from my perspective. Admittedly the slow rate of expansion may mean that the war necessarily drags on longer than most, but the blame for that falls on both coalitions.

All the talk of excessively long war comes from your side, with 4 month engagements (Invicta) and eternal war (Polar) being thrown around from the start.

Not sure how time works in Mogarland but the war has been going for just over a month from my perspective. Admittedly the slow rate of expansion may mean that the war necessarily drags on longer than most, but the blame for that falls on both coalitions.

All the talk of excessively long war comes from your side, with 4 month engagements (Invicta) and eternal war (Polar) being thrown around from the start.

so you'll accept SNX's surrender and we can all go home if they surrender tonight, yeah?

Not sure how time works in Mogarland but the war has been going for just over a month from my perspective. Admittedly the slow rate of expansion may mean that the war necessarily drags on longer than most, but the blame for that falls on both coalitions.All the talk of excessively long war comes from your side, with 4 month engagements (Invicta) and eternal war (Polar) being thrown around from the start.

Actually eternal war and PZI/EZI threats came from DBDC not Polar.

so you'll accept SNX's surrender and we can all go home if they surrender tonight, yeah?

SNX is more than welcome to surrender to the forces of SHUT UP.

It also implies that an alliance war would get kicked off if we continued to enforce the policy.  You assume a lot there.

I know enough to know that any worthwhile alliance would defend its members from attacks from Polar and would likely call in allies if need be.