Declaration of War

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I should've quoted Monty, I mean, clearly the conversation was revolving around you, otherwise.

Well yeah it's common practice to quote someone if you're replying directly to them instead of making a general statement. Carry on with your patently unwarranted haughtiness though!

You want an example of a time we fought on the opposite side as a few of our allies? Look no further back than Disorder. Anarchy Inc and TIO, our MDoAP allies were on the other side, and we oA'd in on TLR for Sengoku. Ask AI, our MDoAP partner, if they feel eternally scorned by our decision. I'd say ask TIO, but we weren't on the best of the terms at the time, and as well, Galvatron wasn't government (at least not to my knowledge) at the time and I'm not even sure was aware we had cancelled the treaty when they took office.

Just popping in to say wub u long time, dragons!

\o/ casualties

Yeah, I mean, you call Alex a coward, but he actually comes out in War time knowing you guys will hit him. That's not exactly the definition of a coward.

Should try picking up a dictionary sometime and learning the meaning of the words you use.

Im referring to the time he left sparta to create his own alliance to avoid being attacked lol

Pretty sure they were speaking in historical terms, not referencing his actions this war.

edit: this guy gets it

Edited by Artigo

Im referring to the time he left sparta to create his own alliance to avoid being attacked lol

edit: this guy gets it

Isn't why he left, dude. Disagreement with the past Reign, and that's all I'm going to elaborate on the issue. Though it wasn't over the war.

Edited by DeathAdder

I suppose I should've quoted Monty, I mean, clearly the conversation was revolving around you, otherwise.

I was just making a side comment to WC's reply based off of what you were saying, which seemed to me, to be focusing on current circumstances instead of considering historical context or behavior as well. When clearly they weren't talking about specifics, but a more broad history in their posts.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

Yeah, I mean, you call Alex a coward, but he actually comes out in War time knowing you guys will hit him. That's not exactly the definition of a coward.

Should try picking up a dictionary sometime and learning the meaning of the words you use.

I would not call him a coward for his actions in battle.  He's always been on the opposite side of every war I've ever been a part of.  This is my third time fighting him, and every time I declare with a bit of a frown on my face because I know he's going to land every nuke and turtle.  It's no fun fighting him, so I will call him mechanical, but not cowardly.

What Artigo is referring to is his timely abandonment of Sparta during one of its multiple beat-downs.  That was a questionable act at best and an act of treason at the worst.  Good on Sparta for taking him back so we can declare a legitimate war.  He was on our hit list to begin with until he escaped to Peace Mode at the onset of this conflict.  Time is irrelevant to us, however.

Edited by CubaQuerida

You have collectively over six times his tech in a 3v1, plus the war against jut, and he's putting up an even fight with everyone except the assigned nuker (you, obviously). I don't really see how he can be faulted for that performance given the circumstances. 

Anyone in the Top 250 that isn't allied to you is on your Hitlist, Cuba. None of that is surprising. 

Him leaving Sparta back in the day for the reasons I mentioned above were neither timely, questionable, nor treason for those who were involved in the disagreement. Being as I was head of IA at the time, I was quite heavily involved in the entire thing, so... Pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

As for 'taking him back' as you so eloquently put it, anyone who actually knew Tulak knows he could be a reactionary, so my ultimately overturning the decision he made, which caused Alex to leave, naturally involved a formal invitation to rejoin the Alliance. He did not ask to rejoin. I asked him. So, please, get your story straight before calling one of my most loyal members a coward in the future. Thank you.

Edited by DeathAdder

You have collectively over six times his tech in a 3v1, plus the war against jut, and he's putting up an even fight with everyone except the assigned nuker (you, obviously). I don't really see how he can be faulted for that performance given the circumstances. 

The war with Jutopia is a huge reason for our involvement.  As for stats, I wouldn't look too hard at the summation page, most of what he's killing was stolen on the initial hit.  Starting/Ending NS is still the best barometer.

Anyone in the Top 250 that isn't allied to you is on your Hitlist, Cuba. None of that is surprising. 

Him leaving Sparta back in the day for the reasons I mentioned above were neither timely, questionable, nor treason for those who were involved in the disagreement. Being as I was head of IA at the time, I was quite heavily involved in the entire thing, so... Pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

As for 'taking him back' as you so eloquently put it, anyone who actually knew Tulak knows he could be a reactionary, so my ultimately overturning the decision he made, which caused Alex to leave, naturally involved a formal invitation to rejoin the Alliance. He did not ask to rejoin. I asked him. So, please, get your story straight before calling one of my most loyal members a coward in the future. Thank you.

While we're not quite ready to blanket declare on anyone in the top 250 not allied to us, the statement is more truth than myth.  As for the details regarding Hellas, it's pretty inconsequential who said what, or how things went down.  We are where we're at now, so that's where I'll begin commentary.  He's attacking AB, and we feel compelled (moreso than usual) to defend that interest.  

And I don't have an issue with that. He wanted to come out knowing that he would be hit. I wasn't going to deny him that after all he's done for my Alliance. 

What I had issue with was calling him a coward, as, even when he wasn't on my AA, he still ended up fighting Umbrella by himself, rather than hiding in bitch-mode like the majority of people would've done.

And I don't have an issue with that. He wanted to come out knowing that he would be hit. I wasn't going to deny him that after all he's done for my Alliance. 

What I had issue with was calling him a coward, as, even when he wasn't on my AA, he still ended up fighting Umbrella by himself, rather than hiding in !@#$%*-mode like the majority of people would've done.

I was going to make a post yesterday saying something similar.  He had to have known what was going to happen, coming out of PM and hitting an AZTEC nation.  I've chatted with him in the past, specifically when he left Sparta and he told me why.  I never thought him cowardly.

As for Saljol's post, first time most of us fought Hellas he was larger and had more tech than us.  Maybe people don't remember him being one of the larger nations in the world?  The fact that for the first couple days he could nuke 4 people while eating only eating 1 nuke doesn't equate into putting up an even fight, but you knew that.

Everyone who plays TE know that Alex is a great fighter, I won't expect different in SE. Maybe, Alex, Cuba or Artigo can start a TE nation, fight 1 on 1 there and we can judge the result?

/but I don't expect a pixel hugger can really fight. LoL

Everyone who plays TE know that Alex is a great fighter, I won't expect different in SE. Maybe, Alex, Cuba or Artigo can start a TE nation, fight 1 on 1 there and we can judge the result?

/but I don't expect a pixel hugger can really fight. LoL

TE hasn't been a place for fighting for a very long time.