This Week in Os's World

Schattenmann

Seriously, why do you like to poke and prod at Os? Any particular reason? Personal Vendetta? War? Propaganda? 

Whatever it is, I'm rather concerned about your obsession over OsRavan, I mean, are you just jealous of his success or something?

I was asked this question "I have a question for Schatt. Why do you hate ODN/OsRavan so much?" at the TOP embassy last month, and here is what I said:

"Os and others would like to boil this down to a person-person issue, but it is about his 'leadership' of ODN, his braindead pseudo-philosophies, and ODN's actions.  But ODN has been basically under the dictatorship of one man, so there is no separating the issues from the man but it is not as simple as 'I don't like Os.'  I hate Os and I hate ODN and I hate what ODN does under the direction of Os.

"Because he is the antithesis of everything I espouse.  He is a lazy ruler who has no conception of IC/OOC in even the most basic form.  He uses a propaganda line (friends>infra) from a war that happened before he existed as a guiding 'philosophy' but it is no philosophy at all.  He is a duplicitous liar who embodies doublespeak.  He is a coward who ingratiates himself to his betters then hitches ODN's wagon to the 'friend' du jour, masquerading as a disinterested intellectual only here to make friends while supporting the most vile activities of his allies unquestioningly.  He is an idiot.  He is a fork-tongued sycophant.  He believes that playing the game from an IC perspective 'destroys the world.'"

I was mostly curious to get your perspective on it. I watched you !@#$ on my [former] alliance on the OWF for two years, so i thought i might get your opinion in a more private scenario.

"I crapped on ODN because Os thought it would be cute to 'defend' MK from CoJ despite the fact that CoJ never attacked MK, then park his NS on top of us to extract $400,000,000 in reps for GOONS and imposing his own terms of apologizing for spamming basic facts to ODN's crappy little protectorate Flood Empire ('continuing to send aid to ODN while we're at war is an act of war against us that could mean conquences for you') and continually negotiating with me in bad faith, making promises, then coming back with harsher or different terms and blaming the senate when in fact 3/5 of the Senate and the membership of ODN wanted weaker or no terms.

"He thought his little expedition was going to be a cake walk and I decided to pull out all the Vox Populi stops, and it was some of the best fun I've had in the past 4 years.  I even followed the same trajectory of the Vox-ODN war: we offered to surrender, he refused, I told him if he wouldn't allow it, I would have to get serious about ODN, he laughed at me, I got out my tool chest, he went ballistic that I would dare do the things I told him I was going to do.  Sunstar was smart enough to accept Vox's surrender, Os just dug in.

"I can't tell you how fun it was to screw with ODN Applicant, spy on ODN, jerk TFE around, and generally do whatever I thought would make us a pain in the ass much larger than our 20 nation count. 

"OsRavan can go to Hell, and ODN can follow him right down and burn forever for electing the !@#$%^& over and over."

I don't have a problem with OsRavan, I have a problem with ODN.  Os just happens to be the two-faced face of ODN.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked this question "I have a question for Schatt. Why do you hate ODN/OsRavan so much?" at the TOP embassy last month, and here is what I said:

"Os and others would like to boil this down to a person-person issue, but it is about his 'leadership' of ODN, his braindead pseudo-philosophies, and ODN's actions.  But ODN has been basically under the dictatorship of one man, so there is no separating the issues from the man but it is not as simple as 'I don't like Os.'  I hate Os and I hate ODN and I hate what ODN does under the direction of Os.

"Because he is the antithesis of everything I espouse.  He is a lazy ruler who has no conception of IC/OOC in even the most basic form.  He uses a propaganda line (friends>infra) from a war that happened before he existed as a guiding 'philosophy' but it is no philosophy at all.  He is a duplicitous liar who embodies doublespeak.  He is a coward who ingratiates himself to his betters then hitches ODN's wagon to the 'friend' du jour, masquerading as a disinterested intellectual only here to make friends while supporting the most vile activities of his allies unquestioningly.  He is an idiot.  He is a fork-tongued sycophant.  He believes that playing the game from an IC perspective 'destroys the world.'"

I was mostly curious to get your perspective on it. I watched you !@#$ on my alliance on the OWF for two years, so i thought i might get your opinion in a more private scenario.

"I crapped on ODN because Os thought it would be cute to 'defend' MK from CoJ despite the fact that CoJ never attacked MK, then park his NS on top of us to extract $400,000,000 in reps for GOONS and imposing his own terms of apologizing for spamming basic facts to ODN's crappy little protectorate Flood Empire ('continuing to send aid to ODN while we're at war is an act of war against us that could mean conquences for you') and continually negotiating with me in bad faith, making promises, then coming back with harsher or different terms and blaming the senate when in fact 3/5 of the Senate and the membership of ODN wanted weaker or no terms.

"He thought his little expedition was going to be a cake walk and I decided to pull out all the Vox Populi stops, and it was some of the best fun I've had in the past 4 years.  I even followed the same trajectory of the Vox-ODN war: we offered to surrender, he refused, I told him if he wouldn't allow it, I would have to get serious about ODN, he laughed at me, I got out my tool chest, he went ballistic that I would dare do the things I told him I was going to do.  Sunstar was smart enough to accept Vox's surrender, Os just dug in.

"I can't tell you how fun it was to screw with ODN Applicant, spy on ODN, jerk TFE around, and generally do whatever I thought would make us a pain in the ass much larger than our 20 nation count. 

"OsRavan can go to Hell, and ODN can follow him right down and burn forever for electing the !@#$%^& over and over."

I don't have a problem with OsRavan, I have a problem with ODN.  Os just happens to be the two-faced face of ODN.

So, you hate the fact that OsRavan is always reelected, and how ODN burned your alliance CoJ in 'defense' of MK. It sounds like you're holding a grudge of sorts, hoping that someday ODN will burn. 

So, let me ask you this, which CN alliance (that you were never in) was/is the most perfect.

That's real rich from the man that sits in PM most of the time, although you may have fought MQ and you may have had a little sting in Disorder and that stupid duel with TBM where you got owned. Oh and a little this war I expect you will be sitting in PM shortly.

535694-polaris.png

523556-odn.png

ok then...

Edited by Tywin Lannister

So, you hate the fact that OsRavan is always reelected, and how ODN burned your alliance CoJ in 'defense' of MK. It sounds like you're holding a grudge of sorts, hoping that someday ODN will burn. 

So, let me ask you this, which CN alliance (that you were never in) was/is the most perfect.

Again, you are close but you are hung up on the small things-not seeing the forest for the trees.  The actions noted are noted because they are emblematic of the issues with ODN, not simply in and of themselves. 

Various alliances at various points have done things which I admire.  After several years of antagonism, VE's acceptance of reality over "friendship" in the cancellation of its GOD treaty was laudable. 

It was very bold of BDC to subvert the cronyism of the treaty web by entering into the Bubblegum War rather than blindly follow into the 1V-GATO War (although the action was taken by one man rather than the alliance which rejected him). 

Nemesis is to be commended in the cancellation of its LoSS treaty when LoSS signed an ODP with TOOL which was irreconcilable with Nemesis' foreign policy.

Though the ideology itself was detestable (and arguably never worked), at the very least MK had as its driving force a reason, an ideology, behind its actions embodied in "Creative Annihilation." (which, ironically enough, was actually destroying the world with ODN's gleeful assistance while Os was pinning global destruction on our 20-nation cult)

No alliance is perfect, nor do I expect or demand perfection of any alliance.  I do have a perspective, and I must necessarily interpret the world through it.

Edited by Schattenmann

Again, you are close but you are hung up on the small things-not seeing the forest for the trees.  The actions noted are noted because they are emblematic of the issues with ODN, not simply in and of themselves. 

Various alliances at various points have done things which I admire.  After several years of antagonism, VE's acceptance of reality over "friendship" in the cancellation of its GOD treaty was laudable. 

It was very bold of BDC to subvert the cronyism of the treaty web by entering into the Bubblegum War rather than blindly follow into the 1V-GATO War (although the action was taken by one man rather than the alliance which rejected him). 

Nemesis is to be commended in the cancellation of its LoSS treaty when LoSS signed an ODP with TOOL which was irreconcilable with Nemesis' foreign policy.

Though the ideology itself was detestable (and arguably never worked), at the very least MK had as its driving force a reason, an ideology, behind its actions embodied in "Creative Annihilation." (which, ironically enough, was actually destroying the world with ODN's gleeful assistance while Os was pinning global destruction on our 20-nation cult)

No alliance is perfect, nor do I expect or demand perfection of any alliance.  I do have a perspective, and I must necessarily interpret the world through it.

Have fun with that, I will continue to disagree with your perspective as I shall stay in ODN. (Or you know, I'll rejoin Atlas, because you know, Atlas is fun.)

Can you imagine the rousing wartime speeches that go on in ODN?

"Ok folks... another war coming... everyone get in peace mode and hide, we will ride this one out"
"ooohhh nooo my tax collections"
"Don't worry we will play dead and everyone will leave us alone"
"waagghh peace mode penalties"
"This won't last too long guys wait it out..."

Hahaha, said the man with 400 k casualties in almost 2 years. Are you gealous you weren't attacked by 21 AA's in a war? Plus we are doing doubble the damage on you, so i guess you are unfamiliar with the PM tactic and rotation.

Schatt, go find an ocupation and grow up.

PS: the penguin is always right.

Hahaha, said the man with 400 k casualties in almost 2 years. Are you gealous you weren't attacked by 21 AA's in a war? Plus we are doing doubble the damage on you, so i guess you are unfamiliar with the PM tactic and rotation.
Schatt, go find an ocupation and grow up.
PS: the penguin is always right.

Overlord Shinra has given many good war speeches, however, I don't recall any of them sounding like that

Well polar fan boys back on the wagon. For the record Os has always been a straight shooter with me so guess what I am inclined to take his word on this without question.

Ok, this was clearly a joke I made...didn't you see the tongue-sticking-out-smiley?  Would it have been more clearly a joke had I offered you 100K tech at the end of what I said?  Sheesh...

Hahaha, said the man with 400 k casualties in almost 2 years.

The man with 400 k casualties in almost 2 years.

almost 2 years.

Nation Created: 9/5/2013 7:03:09 PM (458 days old)