This Week in Os's World

Schattenmann

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read all of the logs and it still doesn't look like a joke to me

^

Though tbf Os doesn't say he said it as a joke, but that he was saying it to make a point... which I can see.

Schattenmanns point, however, is that Os said this when Os said he did not. At the end of the day neither is wrong but, as proven many times over elsewhere, Os is a liar. Edited by Unknown Smurf

First I read the OP and thought, "Gosh, Schatt has a point."

Then I read the Extended Version and thought, "Yeah, I can see OS's point. I've done the exact same thing in negotiations, missing smileys and all. Sarcasm doesn't translate very well on IRC, after all."

Then I read both of them again and thought, "Maybe, just maybe, they're both a little bit right and this entire argument is a result of arguing at cross-purposes."

Then I thought a bit more and realized that I'd expended as much brainpower as I intended on this because I simply didn't care all that much.

Edited by kingzog

<-- umbrella AA jumper, how'd that work out?

This is why reps are bad. Because we get stalker posts like these about matters no one cares about. It's vitriol, why must you troll and why the hell is this worth its own thread?

I, for one, when I purposefully make a joke in the middle of extremely tense high-level negotiations, make sure I use a smiley.  No smileys here.

I like to make jokes to crack the tension during negotiations.

Also Yeah I was really worried when you said EQ was 2011, time flies.

Edited by Sardonic

You know Schatt, while you do have a valid point, choosing to convey it in such a petty manner really ends up making you look like the worse party here.

I mean really? You need an entire callout thread and that thing with using inverted text in quotes? For a throwaway statement of something from almost 2 years ago?

You know Schatt, while you do have a valid point, choosing to convey it in such a petty manner really ends up making you look like the worse party here.

I mean really? You need an entire callout thread and that thing with using inverted text in quotes? For a throwaway statement of something from almost 2 years ago?

It's so important to Os that he is still bringing it up apropos of nothing 2 years later.  I see that you've spent some time in Os's World, where it's Schattemann's fault that OsCraven brought it up. 

Edited by Schattenmann

I know they don't usually let you in the big boy rooms Schatt, so let me spell this out to you, since you can't seem to follow what was going on in the very logs you are quoting.

. . .

Seriously dude.  Grow up.  I dont get your obsession with me, but at the very least have the decency to be HONEST in your issues with me and not spin BS and random log fragments you pull out to try and twist things into your own point.

. . . 

Have the decency to argue for your stance on ACTUAL points.  Not intellectually dishonest mud slinging. The fact that when I tear your current alliance a new one on the OWF, your only possible avenue is to throw in semi-in context logs of me being an ass three wars ago and pass it off as an actual legit stance?  

. . . 

And stop obsessing over me.  I feel like i've got a little squeaky voice dog trotting behind me yipping at my heels.

1.  Schatt isn't allowed in the "big boy rooms" only because he is a urinal talker.  I assume big boy rooms are bathrooms, right?

2.  I believe he did this in direct response to your dishonesty, so not sure what you are trying to fault him for here.

3.  "The fact that when I tear your current alliance a new one on the OWF..."  Someone thinks far too much of themselves and their dishonest rhetoric.  While I cannot speak for Schatt, I assume this thread was placed here because he didn't want it to get lost in the misleading rhetoric you were posting somewhere on page N of the other thread.  And, let's be honest, you two need to just hug it out.

4.  But you turned to respond to the little dog.

OK so either A) OsRavan was joking, and Schattenman is an obsessed stalker or B) he was serious and offered 100,000 tech for his allies to get off with no terms OH LAWDY WHAT A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING

I mean, you must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel if this is all you can come up with :/

He made an offer of something he believed was less damaging than the embargo to find out what the motive was behind the embargo demand.  You really see his take on that conversation as crazy? No logic in it at all?  

This lacks relevance and is oozing desperation.

What I miss is the unwavering loyalty that C&G and DH had to that war. That may never be seen again (I mean loyalty of that level.)

I'd argue that the coalition in support of Pacifica last war was close to that unity, but you may very well be right about not seeing it again moving forward. 

I'd argue that the coalition in support of Pacifica last war was close to that unity, but you may very well be right about not seeing it again moving forward. 

Agreed, a lot of weird friendships came out of that war :/

Kinda glad it happened though, got to meet a ton of awesome people that I hadn't interacted with before 

Not sure I see what the problem is Schatt.  Even if your interpretation of everything is correct, I don't get how that's bad.

I mean, except for the constant lying about the 100k tech offer maybe.  But people lie all the time.  Not sure it deserves a big call out.  I assume you mean that the offer itself is somehow a bad indicator of Os's character, not withstanding the lies about never making it.

Edited by arentak

For the record guess I DID lie in that I made the mistake of checking this thread again despite my best intentions lol.  Also for the record, this is like the third or fourth time these logs have been leaked.  Im pretty sure schatt actually posted it a couple of times before on the owf, at least the snippets of me talking in various threads.  In fact im close to 100% certain he has posted it before.  If anyone really doesnt believe me, ill try to dig up links.  This isn't breaking news.  It happened a year ago and has been discussed publicly before as well.

So i've not been 'lying' and trying to cover this up. Please. There's nothing to cover up.  Whether you like me or not I don't 'lie'.  Thats not my MO.  And this convo that schatt is so worried about leaked ages ago.  Every time I've said i didnt offer 100k tech ive said some variation of "you know there was no real offer of that." "There was no serious offer and you are making bs up to spin."  i.e what imo these logs PROVE.  Did I type the words '100k reps'? ::eye roll:: yes.  I've never denied it.  Theres multiple posts on the odn boards AND on the OWF where I explain to schatt and his dogs that it wasnt a serious offer.  If you don't beleive me, i'll gladly show you posts acknowledging i typed the words but dismissing the content.  I've never denied the words were typed, just the silly hard to swallow spin schatt puts on it.   Tongue in cheek people.

And hell if it was serious (it wasn't), Berbers point would still stand.

Also, I have to add.  Smurf.  The fact that YOU are accusing me of lying.   You would lie to your own mother if you thought it would get you a global war.  I posted a couple of threads of you lying below.  That says all that needs saying about your credibility.   Whether you think I am a liar or not, YOU of all people smurf, do not get to throw accusations around.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124270-declaration-of-war/?hl=+unknown%20+smurf

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114187-delusion/page-3?hl=%2Bsmurf+%2Bspy+%2Bardus+%2Bosravan#entry3059168

And with that i'll go back to ignoring the thread.  Maybe i'll check again in a week.