While some of the more hardline within the Imperium Council wished for more extreme actions in order to ensure Pacific Security, Hawaii was no longer in the hands of TIkal, but instead the Plains Federation, a nation that had also assisted in the Tripartite War. Rather than provoke their friend, Kazuko elected to arrange a conference between the Pacific nations.

TO: [nations listed in tags]

From: The Office of the Empress, Tokyo, Greater East Asian Imperium Co-Prosperity Sphere

Subject: Pacific Stability

Dear [Your Leaders Name Here],

The East Asian Imperium has striven to remain a force of freedom, democracy, and stability within the Pacific Ocean, together with Tikal we had achieved this goal. The Pacific is the greatest body of water on Earth, and while Tikal is gone, our goal still remains, a goal unachievable by unilateral actions. I would like to invite you to discuss matters of ensuring Pacific stability and greater relations among our nations to ensure the security of our shared Ocean. 

Signed,
-

Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of  Japan, Joseon, and Aisu-shō, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Guardian of East Asia, Protector of the Pacific, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

Edited by Mogar

With several additions to the Pacific, it was decided to invite all of those whom held territory in the Pacific. Additional invites were sent to France, Naggorath, The Pacific Free Peoples, and the Northlands.

Rachel Ortega-Vazquez, Deputy Royal Officer for Foreign Affairs in the Pacific, would be dispatched to attend the meeting on behalf of the Northlands. Originally hailing from Mallorca, she spoke with a thick Catalonian accent. She would be attending with Thomas Nailatikou, a Fijian native, who was the Assistant Deputy Royal Officer for Foreign Affairs in the Pacific. The two would fly to the designated meeting spot and wait to meet the other representatives. 

France will send a representative directly from New Caledonia.

The Governor of the Autonomous Region of New Caledonia, as well as a representative of French Polynesia, who had been voted on by the public of Tahiti and who happened to be a carpenter, would arrive in Tokyo.

PRIVATE:

Dearest,

I would love to attend myself, but there are somethings here that require my attention, I really must visit Occupied Germany, it's rather important or I would be on a flight to Tokyo immediately; any excuse to see you is a good one after all. Until I see you again,

Much love,
Jeanne

:Private:

Darling,

I understand completely, our leadership roles must come first over pleasure. Katsuro has been asking about you, we will have to come for a visit soon so he may get to know you better, although I dread that conversation. We will have to discuss it before we visit.

Yours always,
Kazuko

:Classified:

Upon their arrival, the guests aircraft would be given special instructions of how to properly land as the Narita International Airport was one of the most difficult to land at in the world. Light pollution from Neo Tokyo was beyond any comparison, even during the day, holographic advertising was the norm. DIplomatic cars would whisk them through the city, the highway passing the ruins of old Tokyo, bringing them through the largest city in the world, eventually reaching the Akasaka Palace,

The Empress's Guard would be standing at attention for the red carpet welcome, Minister of Foreign Affairs Osamu Saito bringing them into the palace. The entrance's most notable quality would be a large scene painted upon the ceiling. The only Neo-Baroque Structure in Japan, the French representative would feel right at home. They would be led through the Palace to a meeting room, where a antique table would be set up with six plush red chairs, the Empress sitting at the head of the table.

She stood as her guests entered the room. "Welcome all of you, to the Imperial Guest House. You'll all be given rooms here for the duration of the conference and for as long as you'd like to remain in Tokyo afterwards. Before I begin however I open the floor to the rest of you to discuss whatever you'd like, i prefer a more relaxed atmosphere for these sorts of events."

A single sleek black hulled ship would sail into Tokyo harbour, its spiked armoured prow jutting forward as it cut through the waves and pulled up alongside the dockside. As the boarding ramp was lowered two individuals would leave the ship, the first was a thin lightly skinned man in dark clothing with a cloak of scales wrapped around his frame and he would look around with a sense of arrogance. Behind him would be a second man clad head to toe in full plat of armour and carrying a wicked two handed sword which he held tightly in his grasp. The pair would stand together at the dockside while the crew of the ship they arrived on went about their usual tasks, hopefully some sort of official transport would turn up soon enough though some delay was expected considering the sudden arrival of the ship. 

The craft had been noted by Imperium intelligence, having assets everywhere that could reach the home islands. The unique nature of it's design was a giveaway as to its creator and it was left alone to reach Tokyo. While preparations were not made for a oceanic arrival, nor to hold someone would be sent in a Toyota Century Royal to bring the gentlemen to the Akasaka Palace, the driver being slightly surprised at their attire, but it wasn't any worse than the kids in Harujuku. Like the other diplomats, drone surveillance would be maintained to ensure a safe arrival not that they would be able to notice.

A young man exited the black japanese governmental car and stood upon the red carpet. He stayed their gazing for a moment before his guard came around from the other side of the car. "Lets go sire," the ranger said as he tugged the princes arm into the palace. Mark and Commander Shephard walked down the red carpet and then into the palace behind the other dignitaries. Mark walked into the conference room and stood in front of one of the chairs while the Empress spoke. When she was done he lazily sat in his chair whilst Shephard stood behind him.

The French party entered the scene. The French efforts to modernize New Caledonia had been magnificent, the progress astounding, but it was still nothing compared to Tokyo. By the time they got to the meeting room they'd been blown away by the scene, from the ruins to the magnificence of the new city.

Dearest Kazuko,

Actually, on second thought, can you find time to travel to Orleans? I might have business to attend to but it certainly won't take up all my time and I've been so eager to meet the boy.

Love,
Jeanne

Edited by Shave N Haircut

Darling,

I can arrange for that at the end of this conference, with our latest aircraft it's only a two hour flight. It will be nice to see you in person once more, and I am sure Katsuro will be very happy to finally meet you.

Yours,
Kazuko

With no other comments by any of her guests she would continue. "I am interested in restoring the Pacific Security Agreement that we once shared with Tikal, we have maintained the majority of their SOSUS lines, but those around Hawaii and upon the Americas we have unfortunately been unable to do so. I would like to restore the security of the Pacific Rim and ensure that we establish a mutual defense of our shared ocean."

Edited by Mogar

"This is actually really interesting the the Empire," Mark replied springing forward in his seat. "Now with a reinstitution of a Ring of the Pacific treaty, would that bring back the War Games in Hawaii. The Imperial Navy has been wanting to test their aptitude for some time now." He stopped to talk a sip of the water he had brought to him. "What the Empire is afraid of is Japan will just use this treaty as an excuse to station troops where they don't need to be stationed."

"The Imperium had maintained yearly naval exercises with Tikal, I'm certain such an arrangement could be worked out with our additional membership." pausing a moment to choose her next words carefully, she'd then reply. "I will take whatever steps necessary to ensure the security of the waters that surround the East Asian Imperium. I called you all here to discuss whether or not the Pacific remaining the most secure ocean was in your national interests.

Northlands and France I am sure have no desire to see war break out within the Pacific, The Pacific Free Peoples and Naggorath I am led to believe are more interested internally than to concern themselves with a war right now. Your nation on the other hand, has not experienced the horrors of war, I hope you do not have to like the Imperium, France, and Northlands have suffered through."

Ortega-Vazquez would talk. "The Northlands is committed to a peaceful, prosperous Pacific Ocean and is prepared to do our part to ensure that happens. Could we be provided with the previous Pacific Security Agreement for review? We could agree in principle to ideas of non-aggression and increased trade between our states."

Edited by Californian

The envoy of the Dread King and his bodyguard would arrive late to the meeting and would enter in suitable style, announcing themselves to the assembled representatives and such. "I am the envoy of the Dread King of Naggaroth, I am his voice in all matters, listen and acknowledge everything I say" bellowed the envoy before moving to take a seat, his introduction complete. His bodyguard kept pace with him the entire time staying with in arm's reach. 

The entrance was grand, but Kazuko was used to such theatrics, having done them herself on occasion. Rolling with it, she brought him up to speed, "Welcome Envoy of Naggaroth, we have gathered to discuss the mutual defense of our shared ocean, foreign intervention within the Pacific is not in any of our interest, it is my hope we can find a mutually agreeable resolution to the potential problem of foreigners being able to enter the Pacific at will." She brought up the map of the Pacific behind her, "We had several bases that held the ends to SOSUS lines, listening stations, and OTH radar stations upon the Australian continent, Naggaroth would be of great importance to ensuring that the Southern Ocean is not a safe haven for foreign submarines to enter our shared waters."

The New Caledonian affected a rather confused look as the Empress spoke, "Are we to understand that under this new arrangement that France and the Northlands are merely being grandfathered in?" he asks, "All this talk of 'Foreigners' has me a bit worried as to what sort of publicity impact it would have on us to participate in the agreement, seeing as France is rather foreign to the Pacific initially ourselves. We would seem rather hypocritical to try and prevent others entering after we have."

"Naggaroth has little problem with foreigners entering the ocean around us, we can track them easy enough and they will fall prey to our raiding fleets. In fact by allowing these foreigners to enter it will reduce our need to raid the local population and bring further prosperity to our section of the world. Naggaroth will of course work to repair and operate all of the old surveillance devices and outposts that used to function, for the benefit of all of course." 

The reply was unexpected, but meshed with the reports that had been coming in from the region. "I take no issue with French and Northlandic holdings in the region, as both have proven to be responsible powers and not interested in furthering militaristic actions that would destabilize the region. The idea would be to prevent other nations from simply walking in and claiming an island here and there, nibbling away at Indonesia and the Pacific until conflicts between powers is inevitable." Hand maidens then brought out refreshments for the guests, she took a long sip of wine before replying to the Naggaroth representative. "So long as it is not interfering with the vessels of the nations currently gathered here, I am unconcerned with what happens to the vessels of other nations, the seas are a dangerous place in these times."

Jon checked his instrument panel, he had noticed he had been tagged several thousand kilometers. Apparently his electronic systems had an “echo” adapter to detect when radar was being bounced of his hull. He had begun to notice the form of the continent and had begun his initial approach procedures before realizing one crucial mistake.

“I don’t speak Japanese,” he blurted in surprise, “well this is gonna be awkward.” Suddenly he began receiving radio transmissions for what he could only imagine was the landing protocol. Suddenly, out of the top right hand corner of his helmet, he saw a small blinking red light, and then, the voice coming in through his helmet, was now perfectly calibrated to an understandable english.

“This is Lightning One Eight Nine Yankee Romeo, Information INDIA.  Inbound for landing.” He couldn’t check his parcel whether or not that was the right code for invitation arrival, but I’m sure someone was bound to ask questions concerning a lone F35 unarmed fighter making its way to a very populated area.

That, or he was in for some serious trouble. “Don’t worry about this,” he thought, “can’t forget to trust in the professor.” With that, he awaited for the control tower to guide him on his entry.

[OOC inb4 “bow-chic-a-bow-wow”]

Edited by Ovidsidios

"The nations involved in this meeting have little to fear from our raiding fleets, at this time Naggaroth has no desire to spark open conflict among our closest neighbors. Our raids shall be contained to foreign shipping and the minor national island nations. To put it simply as long as our raiding fleets are left alone we will leave the rest of you alone in return." 

:Private:

:Classified:

Upon their arrival, the guests aircraft would be given special instructions of how to properly land as the Narita International Airport was one of the most difficult to land at in the world. Light pollution from Neo Tokyo was beyond any comparison, even during the day, holographic advertising was the norm. DIplomatic cars would whisk them through the city, the highway passing the ruins of old Tokyo, bringing them through the largest city in the world, eventually reaching the Akasaka Palace,

The Empress's Guard would be standing at attention for the red carpet welcome, Minister of Foreign Affairs Osamu Saito bringing them into the palace. The entrance's most notable quality would be a large scene painted upon the ceiling. The only Neo-Baroque Structure in Japan, the French representative would feel right at home. They would be led through the Palace to a meeting room, where a antique table would be set up with six plush red chairs, the Empress sitting at the head of the table.

She stood as her guests entered the room. "Welcome all of you, to the Imperial Guest House. You'll all be given rooms here for the duration of the conference and for as long as you'd like to remain in Tokyo afterwards. Before I begin however I open the floor to the rest of you to discuss whatever you'd like, i prefer a more relaxed atmosphere for these sorts of events."

[Forgive some of the liberties I take]

Impressed by the amount of detail that had gone into his equipment, Jon is able to follow the directions spoken through his helmet without a hitch. He lands the plane, but much to his dismay as he had forgotten that the plane had modifications to ensure greater flight capability, but not the greatest of ease in landing. He had assumed that the plane would require the same amount of distance to land as his older model. He was sadly mistaken. To his great surprise, the plane's internal computer had assessed the topographical layout of the landing pad, and calculating a severe discrepancy within the distance of the runway remaining and the velocity in which he was still going, dispensed an emergency landing chute, and within seconds (with only a handful of meters remaining before the end of the turnaround point) managed to stop his aircraft and proceed within the taxiing lane. The control tower must have berated him for some disregard to safety measures instructed, but he had already removed the helmet and could not understand the faint voice speaking to him from his audio panels.

Once within the hanger, he was introduced to what he presumed was his translator. "No doubt to keep meh frum sounding like a complete idiot, roight professuh?" He thought, making fun of a fond memory he and the once general had at a diplomatic encounter gone terribly ary. If it hadn't been for the general's good humor, they would have made some terrible friends that day.

"Mr. Jon, I had not realized you spoke so fluent Japanese."

"I don't mistah translata, so you best keep close." The gentleman was stunned at the conflict of realities, and was now trying to recover and keep up to pace with Jon who moved hastily, lead by yet another assumption, to a vehicle in which they were to travel in. "This it?" Jon asked, completely manhandling what was supposed to have been a thoroughly practised encounter and introduction. The man, completely out of his element, could only nod trying to pick up where he left off.

"We are most honored that you..."

"Listen, do me a fava will ya? Let me do the talking, and you just listen, o'right?" The man felt embarrassed and bowed trying to apologize, but Jon was having none of that.

"Look, I get you've probably gone to some fancy school and have had to deal with snobby little pricks who think their !@#$ smells like the queens pudding, but I'm not a diplomat. I'm a damn pilot. So if you want to fly with me, your gonna treat me like a damn soldja. O'right? Now get in the ca', we're already late as it is." The man was bewildered and speechless, and in truth, Jon could feel the shame rushing to this man's face. Even Jon couldn't hold back his empathy and extending his arm grabbed the man's hand and shook it firmly. "In my country, we greet all living souls as equals. It's been a long flight, and I didn't mean to snap at ye." The man shook his hand, but Jon could see that the man was still very flustered. Suddenly remembering a joke he had learned from his last stay in Japan, he took a gamble.

“Do you like jokes? I heard this the last time I came to your country.

During a funeral, the pallbearers accidentally bump into a wall and hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find out that the woman is actually alive. She lives for 10 more years and then dies. There is another funeral for her. At the end of the service, the pallbearers carry out the casket. As they are walking out, the husband cries out, ‘Watch out for the wall!’

The man cackles loudly, and immediately, smiling from ear to ear, nods appreciatively to Jon, accepting the gesture as both the apology it was meant to be, and seizging the opportunity to return to his role as guide and translator. This time Jon lets him.

The man, though still bound by his duty to serve as a professional emissary from the Empress, lightens up on many of expected protocols, and Jon is visibly grateful for this. Their banter is light, friendly, and everything Jon needed to go over his mental plan seeing as he hadn’t the slightest idea why the Professor thought him fit for this to begin with.

Upon arriving, the translator guides him through the courtyard, and into the lobby. Having gotten to know Jon a little, he spared all the details of the history and artwork (of which Jon appreciated immensely, albeit without recognizing the man’s prudence).

they have already started as you know, but I figured, since her majesty is expecting your arrival, she will not mind if we simply enter. He looked at the two bodyguards, explained Jon had been checked twice, once at the airport and again upon entering the building, one of the guards in turn spoke some words into his mouthpiece. They made a gesture and the translator bowed. He returned back to Jon, “Actually, the Empress will be out to meet you. I take it you understand the proper etiquette for greeting the Empress?”

Jon nodded subtly, keeping his eyes fixed on the door. He wasn’t nervous, nor had he anything to be nervous about, but for some strange reason and creeping feeling of insecurity swept his body. A hot breath seem to press itself against his neck and a very strange image burned itself on the back of his eyes. A crescent split across his vision, some details beginning to burn through, suddenly two circles, now the teeth, a smile, the eyes were starting to form. Why was this face so familiar? Why was it possessing him so? What was this feeling. He closed his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose.

there can be no redemption…

Whispered words he had never heard before. Suddenly images of a sea aflame, people’s terrible cries piercing his mind, death and ruin everywhere...and then...a body slumped over the ground....could it be?!...PROFESSOR!

He inhaled quickly, snapping out of the trans. It looked like he was just exhaling through a minor headache, and shrugged off the concerned looks of his most recently made friends.

“I’m alright,” he added casually, “be easy.” The man in turn relaxed as they both awaited the mostly anticipated arrival of the Empress he had been sent to see.

Edited by Ovidsidios

Ortega-Vazquez would nod at the concerns mentioned by the French. "We are certainly interested in maintaining the Pacific peace, and can assist with maintenance and operation of surveillance equipment in the region. We would be willing to partner with nations such as Cascadia and the EAI in naval exercises. It seems like we would have no issue with becoming part of the Pacific Security Agreement as described here."