I Like the Direction that CN is Moving In

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that CN is moving in a positive direction. We are getting past the post-Karma order and ideology of "stability" and moving towards chaos. I think that chaos is good for CN because the current order makes the game stagnant, but the order that Doomsphere (if they win) promotes chaos and disorder, which is why I believe that I am fighting on the right side, unlike previous wars where it was always wishy-washy.

Why do you think there is more activity in CN during times of war? Simple: the more conflict there is in CN, the more people want to play. The terrible system of one-two wars a year sucks, and I believe that CN should be in a constant state of strife and conflict. There should be hegemonies, yes, but hegemonies should work towards keeping CN as chaotic as possible, much like pre-Karma NPO did.

Doomsphere promotes a theme of Chaos. They do not actually follow Chaos as a direction. They have equal or more treaties than other spheres, they fight in order with chaining treaties in the same way as before, they target specific alliances and play plitics in a processed way.

So I think the whole premise of this discussion is misplaced.

GK

Doomsphere promotes a theme of Chaos. They do not actually follow Chaos as a direction. They have equal or more treaties than other spheres, they fight in order with chaining treaties in the same way as before, they target specific alliances and play plitics in a processed way.

GK

I can live with this summation.

I was about to make one of those dumb alignment chart macros, with regards to different alliances,  but I realized I'd run out of space in Lawful Evil.  Even still, I'd break it down something like this:

Lawful          Neutral       Chaotic

|  NpO           |   FARK      |   KASKUS  |

|  ODN           |                  |                 |

|    VE            |                  |                 |          Good

|                    |                  |                 |

|   NATO        |  GPA         |    RIA        |

|                    |  WTF        |     NEW     |

|                    |                  |                 |          Neutral

|   GOONS     |    TPF?     |    DBDC? |

|    NPO         |                  |                 |

|    UMB         |                  |                 |          Evil

|    SPARTA  |                   |                  |

|     NG

Etc.

Edited by Sardonic

GK

Which is the whole point. It's systematic chaos. The current order uses their power to promote stability, whereas Doom promotes chaos by keeping CN in a constant state of war.

I'll have to look for a source, but I read there was a study done where the prisoner's dilemma scenario was played out with actual prisoners and neither betrayed each other. 

It doesn't work that way, nor does it work how others have explained it here.

I was about to make one of those dumb alignment chart macros, with regards to different alliances,  but I realized I'd run out of space in Lawful Evil.  Even still, I'd break it down something like this:

|     NG

Etc.

This is actually a really cool idea in a horrifyingly nerdy way. I'd definitely read and probably reply to a blog post about it.

Which is the whole point. It's systematic chaos. The current order uses their power to promote stability, whereas Doom promotes chaos by keeping CN in a constant state of war.

That was a letdown of an album.

Edited by Max Power

OK gonna be honest here, if you seriously think the world is going to be turned into a 'constant state of war' I've got a national bridge improvement to sell you.  I have only seen that happen in one other world, and the conditions that led do it there do not quite exist yet here.

Edited by Sardonic

OK gonna be honest here, if you seriously think the world is going to be turned into a 'constant state of war' I've got a national bridge improvement to sell you.  I have only seen that happen in one other world, and the conditions that led do it there do not quite exist yet here.

DBDC has brought these conditions to pass. The tptb will try everything to destroy DBDC because of how powerful they are. Edited by Loki Laufeyson

DBDC has brought these conditions to pass. The tptb will try everything to destroy DBDC because of how powerful they are.

The problem is that war will be confined to the ultra-tier. Meaning only 200 or so nations and nobody else will be up there but neutrals and DBDC allies. Their own actions will eventually result in gridlock in their own strength range.

In the mid and upper, it is heavily contested, and those conditions of never-ending war won't happen.

What? You are not making sense. They have a Chaos theme, and command a power in the upper tier which allows them to do whatever they want in the Top 1% of the game. They have not changed the direction of the game, they are not promoting chaos throughout the game and they have not changed how wars function.

GK

What? You are not making sense. They have a Chaos theme, and command a power in the upper tier which allows them to do whatever they want in the Top 1% of the game. They have not changed the direction of the game, they are not promoting chaos throughout the game and they have not changed how wars function.

GK

Not yet. Their power hasn't been consolidated yet.

DBDC has brought these conditions to pass. The tptb will try everything to destroy DBDC because of how powerful they are.

DBDC simply can't change the dynamics of CN in a meaningful way.  They are 40-ish of the very highest tier nations in the game.  That highest tier is shared, primarily, with neutral AAs that have no interest in war and would likely quit the game if DBDC were to attack them. 

The mechanics at play here have made DBDC virtually untouchable, but they also make DBDC become virtually irrelevant after only a couple of rounds of war.

As for the concept of constant war, it simply can't happen in the current climate.  The differential of time spent on destruction vs rebuilding is too great to promote the idea of frequent wars.  You would quickly (within 6 months, I'd guess) end up with the ANS of most of CN dropping into the 20K range and not enough cash to finance more war.  This game is a political simulator that happens to allow a form of PvP combat, the mechanics of the game are designed to meet that purpose.

DBDC simply can't change the dynamics of CN in a meaningful way.  They are 40-ish of the very highest tier nations in the game.  That highest tier is shared, primarily, with neutral AAs that have no interest in war and would likely quit the game if DBDC were to attack them. 

The mechanics at play here have made DBDC virtually untouchable, but they also make DBDC become virtually irrelevant after only a couple of rounds of war.

As for the concept of constant war, it simply can't happen in the current climate.  The differential of time spent on destruction vs rebuilding is too great to promote the idea of frequent wars.  You would quickly (within 6 months, I'd guess) end up with the ANS of most of CN dropping into the 20K range and not enough cash to finance more war.  This game is a political simulator that happens to allow a form of PvP combat, the mechanics of the game are designed to meet that purpose.

Nobody is even factoring in Doom Squad lol.

|     NG

Etc.

The nerd in me loves this.  I think I'll see about taking it a step further, just because I like the idea.  Not today, and only if you don't mind me co-opting your work.

The spark of idealism and fanaticism will make a permanent war. Combining idealism and the moral law with material analysis is an unstoppable force.

War chests are the single biggest change in the game. They've stretched out the time involved in and between wars massively.  That and the sheer size of nations and the time involved in building them.

Warchests are going to be the cause of death of this game.

This war is dumb.

While I would normally agree with smurthwaite, this war especially is dumber than most.