A UCR Announcement

Well done at taking things out of context.  Like I said, the decision has nothing to do with the war you entered into AFTER we left DL.

This is true, we entered after you cancelled. You had no idea we were going to support SNX, we never informed you of the vote, never informed you of the result and a government member of UCR who's signature is on this cancellation never posted in the thread where we wrote our DoW. It's all just a bizarre coincidence, you had no idea any of it was happening. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheezy.... you know pretty well what was the politics behind this.... both of us were not approving this, are you might remember. Is it because of party-line that you are saying this now? If yes, I respect your sacrifice.... I would have done the same thing.

Unfortunately its not a party line, Id stay quiet if it was party line.  Certain events outside the current conflicts have happened that has made this necessary and urgent.  I got a question I need to pass by you too,  Ill message you in game now.  

This is true, we entered after you cancelled. You had no idea we were going to support SNX, we never informed you of the vote, never informed you of the result and a government member of UCR who's signature is on this cancellation never posted in the thread where we wrote our DoW. It's all just a bizarre coincidence, you had no idea any of it was happening. 

You knew we intended on cancelling too.  I'm not going to bring up our reasons on the OWF but you them, Im not going to sully LSFs image on OWF like your trying to do to us.

We dropped before war for other reasons.

With a joint membership I highly doubt you didn't know lsf was planning on rolling out when they did, in defense of YOUR allies.

I commend LSF for rolling into NPO. They obviously know how it will turn out yet they are making the move to honor their treaty and their ally. UCR on the other hand, knowing that nearly every ally signed at the time was at/planning on being at war and decided to concoct a plan to get out of their obligations just a few hours before launch.

Some would see the route you took as a cb. Others would see the amount of lies you spewed to garner support for your departure as a cb as well.

Now make right and get your shit together and go defend SNX.

They don't need to Xanth.  Didn't you see?  SNX is still protecting them, no the other way around.

/me facepalms.

I edit my post from the 1st page. After talk with UCR we find that with them leaving die link they no longer treatied to SNX. A heads up from them would of been appreciated from UCR. We do wish UCR happy travels and hind sight is 20/20

Oh god, please carry on!  This is beautiful!  I absolutely adore the sound that pseudo-leftist idealism makes as it crashes into the wall of realpolitik, cowardice, and reality... And I especially love it when you guys aren't dragging me down with you!

Don't ever change!

-Craig

And we're burning all the bridges now
Watching it go up in flames
No way to build it up again

And we're burning all the bridges now
Cause it was sink or swim and Linke went down, down, down

So much leftist nostalgia up in this. I'm tempted to say this was inevitable vis a vis treaties with SNX but the other Int/ex-INT are gloating a bit too hard already. Hopefully we can talk all this stuff out once the war is over, LSF.

So exactly how does that eternal clause work?  Is UCR going to be held in dl for eternity against their will? I mean honestly, that's gotta be hard to enforce. 

The short answer is it isn't enforceable.  The long answer might be more complicated.  Another alliance could decide that if DL declares war against them, then UCR has as well, and they could attack UCR.  I mean by the terms of the treaty, this is true:

This treaty represents an eternal bond. Once signed, a signatory cannot voluntarily revoke their signature.

[Article IV, Section 1]

As it likely goes without saying, an attack on one signatory of this treaty is to be treated as an attack on all signatories, and additionally, an attack by a signatory should be taken as an attack by all signatories.   

[Article III, Section 1]

Edited by HM Solomon I

from what I know, g
they have got over e-lawyering and accepted that UVR is no longer a part of DL. Probably an official DL statement clearing this (amending that clause) might help.

That needs to be corrected in the sense that there was never any e-lawyering. At no point were UCR told by anyone that they couldn't leave. Indeed, they have left.

That needs to be corrected in the sense that there was never any e-lawyering. At no point were UCR told by anyone that they couldn't leave. Indeed, they have left.

Well, I don't think DL itself will do anything to stop them even if they could.  Pointless to burn bridges and all that.  However, other alliances can take the treaty and use it to their advantage if they want to, which is why treaties written like DL are a bad idea.

Well, I don't think DL itself will do anything to stop them even if they could.  Pointless to burn bridges and all that.  However, other alliances can take the treaty and use it to their advantage if they want to, which is why treaties written like DL are a bad idea.

Sounds legit.

if some would want justification for attacking a die linke alliance (or previous die linke alliance) slimy powindah elawyering isn't going to help the case, might be better to attack without going through such justifications

when the treaty was made we would never in a billion years thought that a member alliance would leave abruptly, may the one true holiest god have mercy on them souls
bismelesef