Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Letum

So you believe every war in Cybernations should involve every single alliance? That's kind of what got us into this situation of slow moving, yearlong breaks in between wars because nobody wants to act.

Ummm....I didn't actually say that, although I've noticed that responding to what you wish a person had said is a trait shared by many in your alliance.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the old NPO reemerging threat option. That is certainly a popular one. NPO's sphere is large enough that they would be more than capable of competing with whatever side emerges from this conflict. These days, even the winners take a serious hit and require long periods of rebuilding. I guess I am in the minority in my belief that you don't have to follow what everyone else is doing. This is a pointless discussion, though. NPO has made their move, our sphere has made theirs. Now it's someone else's turn to capatalize on all of that.

My original comment was simply that NPO doesn't fit in with the old MK crowd. They are a political alliance. It's clear they don't agree.

So you believe every war in Cybernations should involve every single alliance? That's kind of what got us into this situation of slow moving, yearlong breaks in between wars because nobody wants to act.

So your move is to simply fight the war you're already in and by doing so you're letting your ally burn. Good to know the treaties you sign aren't worth the paper they're written on, Dajobo's claims of "leading from the front" were a lie, and Invicta is honorable enough to come to the defense of their ally despite being engaged in the war already themselves. And before you come back with the "well they didn't ask for and don't need our help" line I'd invite you to take a long look at the damage output stats again.

So your move is to simply fight the war you're already in and by doing so you're letting your ally burn. Good to know the treaties you sign aren't worth the paper they're written on, Dajobo's claims of "leading from the front" were a lie, and Invicta is honorable enough to come to the defense of their ally despite being engaged in the war already themselves. And before you come back with the "well they didn't ask for and don't need our help" line I'd invite you to take a long look at the damage output stats again.

What ally is burning? The war is a day old. If you really think this is the tip of the iceberg you may well want to just be quiet, sit back, and watch.

By the way, you took that quote entirely out of context.

If we had asked NpO to fight, they would have.

Can you guys make up your mind whether I am malicious puppetmaster or bumbling liability? I cant be both.

Do you read what you write anymore? You can be really bad at being a really evil puppetmaster, who's a liability to everyone who's stupid enough to let you control them.

I don't really have an opinion one way or another, but certainly it's possible to be both.

Recap

NPO Imperial Decree: We align with Chaos to get revenge for the Disorder War with no actionable plan for the future

NpO Imperial Decree: We take a stand against the rogue attacks and assaults on civilization waged by DBDC since Mushqaeda

Quiz:

1. Which alliance best represents the principles of Order established by Imperator Emeritus Ivan Moldavi?

2. Which alliance uses watered-down Francoism yet again to justify bad long-term policy decision-making?

3. Which alliance loses even if it wins?

You know, I try to maintain a tad bit of humility, but you know that I was there during the August Revolution? I knew Francos Spain? I've known every Emperor of the New Pacific Order. Hell, I was Emperor of the New Pacific Order. I've read everything that's pretty much ever been written about Francoism, and I've written a fair amount of it myself. We have institutions within Pacifica dedicated to understanding and teaching about Francoism.

You have no idea what you're talking about. What the hell is a "principle of Order?" Capitalizing words doesn't lend your peculiar breed of theories legitimacy, and asking sophomoric zen questions about "do the winners really lose? sounds like you're still high from your freshman philosophy class.

C'mon folks. We used to be able to engage in some principled propaganda here. Let's try it again.

Ah, the old NPO reemerging threat option. That is certainly a popular one. NPO's sphere is large enough that they would be more than capable of competing with whatever side emerges from this conflict. These days, even the winners take a serious hit and require long periods of rebuilding. I guess I am in the minority in my belief that you don't have to follow what everyone else is doing. This is a pointless discussion, though. NPO has made their move, our sphere has made theirs. Now it's someone else's turn to capatalize on all of that.

I'm not sure how "our sphere" could have stayed out of this conflict considering half of it has a direct treaty to Doomsquad.

If NPO was to stay out, it would mean abandoning our sphere altogether.

I'm not sure how "our sphere" could have stayed out of this conflict considering half of it has a direct treaty to Doomsquad.

Oh now that is an idea.  You should have said screw treaties and spent your time attacking anyone doing tech deals with the other side.  Then you could claim to be leading from the front, destroying barbarians and standing up to (insert alliance here).  You would have been heroes!!!  

Oh now that is an idea.  You should have said screw treaties and spent your time attacking anyone doing tech deals with the other side.  Then you could claim to be leading from the front, destroying barbarians and standing up to (insert alliance here).  You would have been heroes!!!  

If you assume Polar is dodging any treaty obligations you are wrong. It's very clear how this was all planned to down. It is being changed up. However there is no scenario where Polar is not involved in a very long, and damaging war. Everyone sees this. Please spare us the pointless propaganda.

Fair enough. But is it really such a ridiculous idea to not support an alliance that you have no direct ties with, that wages an aggressive war with no CB? I guess given the CB-less attack on SNX, and the coalition support of DBDC, this is a rather redundant question to ask.

It just seems a bit out of character for NPO. And I don't mean this as a criticism. It is just different.

If you assume Polar is dodging any treaty obligations you are wrong. It's very clear how this was all planned to down. It is being changed up. However there is no scenario where Polar is not involved in a very long, and damaging war. Everyone sees this. Please spare us the pointless propaganda.

Fair enough. But is it really such a ridiculous idea to not support an alliance that you have no direct ties with, that wages an aggressive war with no CB? I guess given the CB-less attack on SNX, and the coalition support of DBDC, this is a rather redundant question to ask.

It just seems a bit out of character for NPO. And I don't mean this as a criticism. It is just different.

All I have are Polars actions and the words of its leader.  It's action attacking tech dealers mean it will be hit before it ever manages to go to the aid of any ally.  You do not have to dodge a treaty obligation when your already under attack for other actions.  Actions that were nothing more than a poor PR attempt. 

Well they don't call it optional aggression for nuthin. 

Edited by wes the wise

NPO's first war was a war on air theft.

I was pro-that war too.

Oxygen* sir.

Please respect the facts.

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken... but jokes aside, most wars were always for a very simple reason, and painted with another. We've come a long way since then, but I think most people can just call a spade a spade at this point. Edited by King William

All I have are Polars actions and the words of its leader.  It's action attacking tech dealers mean it will be hit before it ever manages to go to the aid of any ally.  You do not have to dodge a treaty obligation when your already under attack for other actions.  Actions that were nothing more than a poor PR attempt. 

We've already been hit, and that was our response to it. I'm not sure you have much of a grasp of what is currently happening. Stop frothing at the mouth.

CB-less? http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=539250&Extended=1 We didn't RoW until the 12th after SNX failed to discipline it's member.

That was aimed at NPO. There's reason to further discuss Doom Squad's political actions because it's very clear you don't use CB's as well, and historically have never attempted anything resembling actual politics, while NPO has. Hence why I stated it was out of character for them...

What exactly is the point of seeing who was right in declaring war or if that war was right or this or that or whatever? We're just going to be right back at each others' throats(maybe in different blocs, who knows) in a year's time. 

OOC: It's a political sim. So, we could at least try and do that?

Starfox: Okay, I confess.. this whole lack of CB thing with SNX was purely an excuse to test my newly enhanced nukes on a viable subject. Casus Belli: They explode well and I like to blow things up. :P This may not hold true for the rest of the Pacific.

Also.. one of the greatest crimes in all of Bob since this war began has been remedied. I now have a target.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

That was aimed at NPO. There's reason to further discuss Doom Squad's political actions because it's very clear you don't use CB's as well, and historically have never attempted anything resembling actual politics, while NPO has. Hence why I stated it was out of character for them...

That a war doesn't have any CB doesn't mean it isn't political. Hitting Invicta to get at Polar is absolutely a political move, I don't think anyone would deny that. That they aren't faking or exaggerating some offence committed by Invicta to excuse their politics is certainly different, but it isn't apolitical.

That a war doesn't have any CB doesn't mean it isn't political. Hitting Invicta to get at Polar is absolutely a political move, I don't think anyone would deny that. That they aren't faking or exaggerating some offence committed by Invicta to excuse their politics is certainly different, but it isn't apolitical.

So you mean we pulled a scorpion and used Invicta's treaties as a sort of handle for Scorpion's spear and then aimed the parts of it attached to the treaty web to stab Polar and go "GET OVER HERE?!" I think my gamer logic can understand it better that way.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex