Bear Island, Maine

Bear Island, Norfolk County

Bear Island, Plymouth County

Please get on irc #cnrpa. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please add the Empire of Shanghai to the map. Using this as reference: frbIOwH.png

If I need to do a DOE thread for this new storyline we are going with than I will.

Edited by jesbro

I'd like to ask why my claim has been shrunk, after having existed for some time now to encompass all of Iberia. I have been RPing in all of that territory for some time now, and frankly, it's a little depressing to see it summarily changed. Can I please have the lands restored, as they were at launch and for days afterwards?

It was made fairly clear that people porting over their CNRP2 nations to CNRPA must have their borders match with whatever you had in CNRP2. Since you did not have all of Iberia when you ported your nation, you must gain the rest through expansion. No exceptions are granted to this, and Mogar needed time to make sure the map was correct. If nobody rolls into that territory after your 30 day waiting period expires, you're free to retake the land through whatever means you so desire.

It was made fairly clear that people porting over their CNRP2 nations to CNRPA must have their borders match with whatever you had in CNRP2. Since you did not have all of Iberia when you ported your nation, you must gain the rest through expansion. No exceptions are granted to this, and Mogar needed time to make sure the map was correct. If nobody rolls into that territory after your 30 day waiting period expires, you're free to retake the land through whatever means you so desire.

Please remove my claim and nation from the map. If you cannot be bothered to release a map encompassing the right claims and boundaries of a nation, then don't release it. Worse, don't have people roleplay on their lands with no warning or comment as to their lands being under review - until over a week later where it is edited without comment or notice given to the owner. That's unprofessional, and stupid.

Edited by Xavier Harkonnen

Xavier, it was brought up in the PMs and in the IRC while you were present, and Celtiberia hasn't had those chunks of territory (Portugal and southern Spain) since the second iteration of the map, when the GMs caught that Mogar had give you more land than you'd had in RP2. Not sure why or how the wires got crossed.

Like Yeru says, it was indeed brought up in the PM's regarding nations being ported over from CNRP2 or claims for new nations. I do not know as to why Mogar felt the need to make such a decision without GM approval but it was caught by the GM team as a whole and ordered to be rectified as no one was to be exempted from the moratorium in expansion or declaring protectorates until the 30 days have passed.

Xavier, it was brought up in the PMs and in the IRC while you were present, and Celtiberia hasn't had those chunks of territory (Portugal and southern Spain) since the second iteration of the map, when the GMs caught that Mogar had give you more land than you'd had in RP2. Not sure why or how the wires got crossed.

Like Yeru says, it was indeed brought up in the PM's regarding nations being ported over from CNRP2 or claims for new nations. I do not know as to why Mogar felt the need to make such a decision without GM approval but it was caught by the GM team as a whole and ordered to be rectified as no one was to be exempted from the moratorium in expansion or declaring protectorates until the 30 days have passed.

I was using an older map as a basis and simply went off the claims in the PM, yours was not the only one I $%&@ed up on.

I agree with this, however the map created did not mention (to my knowledge) any discrepancies. I also made it clear I wasn't suspecting to get all of Iberia, and I thanked the mapmaker for it. I was expecting the land I have now, but found I got all of Iberia. Nobody told me it was under review and I had been making plans for the straights of gibraltar and have missiles and defense tech being worked on in the south and south western portions of Spain and Portugal. This is the issue: that the changes took so long, no word was said about it being temporary or under review. I am not so much upset about the claim, as I am about it suddenly now changing after I had started RPing.

I am trying my best to be patient, and understanding but you have to see where I am coming from: I've been developing a story based on the lands I was given at launch, and have had for days now. Over a week. I think it's entirely fair for me to keep those lands I was given at launch since there was no communication to me about the map being temporary or that I should expect my land to change back to what was told to me initially in the PMs pre-launch.

Edited by Xavier Harkonnen

I would suggest, due to your position, begin to RP restoring infrastructure and working on winning the people over to a more united Iberian for the next two weeks or so and then simply annex it when the time limit of annexations is up, and with your prior RP you'd at least be able to make a stronger case for your annexation RP and assist in countering anyone else's potential claims.