CNRP Ascending OOC Thread...

Captain Enema

I have decided to return to CNRPA for character rp. I won't be running a nation. I'm going to let Jesbro do that, but per the rules I will operate my military as Druk Yul's military at his orders and instructions. He has my strength, but I'm mostly going to be having fun in the background enjoying the world while he enjoys the reigns.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone that's going to need a response from me at some point, I'm going to be in Georgia starting Wednesday. I'll be back at my desktop on the 20th, but I will have some limited internet access so I can read PMs and look at the forums, just not much in the way of actual responses.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here if anyone wants to collaberate on a new RP/Story with me. I want to do one that is slightly related to the dragon stuff but none of the characters are dragons at all. Would be a whole new cast of characters and enemies for it and am wondering if anyone would be interested. 

How about an rp that covers north America and Europe between 1812 - 1868?

How 'bout one that covers the entire world, only, you can only make nations in Europe or North America. That way, you can still make colonies wherever you want, but everyone's core territories are close enough for there to be easy interaction between various nations.

How 'bout one that covers the entire world, only, you can only make nations in Europe or North America. That way, you can still make colonies wherever you want, but everyone's core territories are close enough for there to be easy interaction between various nations.

I could live with that.

Elsewhere, the Heer has captured documentation from the former Hungary-Slovakian state, along with equipment left behind by Belarusian forces. This has led to the Wehrmacht and BND/BfV gaining valuable technical knowledge of Belarusian military systems, especially in regards to small arms, communications equipment, and armored forces, which will be of great use should Alvonia find itself in conflict with Belarus again.

Um, yeah, calling bullshit on this. Saying that I left information about all my shit right on your doorstep is rping my characters, I would imagine.

No, I'm basing that on the fact that in my resistance thread, you lost some 25 tanks and 1,000 soldiers, which according to you, were sitting in the Burgenland. Since the Burgenland is mine now, I assumed that I captured leftover equipment and the burning hulks of your tanks, which I used for study.

No, I'm basing that on the fact that in my resistance thread, you lost some 25 tanks and 1,000 soldiers, which according to you, were sitting in the Burgenland. Since the Burgenland is mine now, I assumed that I captured leftover equipment and the burning hulks of your tanks, which I used for study.

You're not going to find the equipment you would need to get the kind of intel you're talking about. Anything that could be removed would have been removed, including those tanks. I mean, they are perfectly good scrap metal, and considering that my govt. didn't really consider the war to be over yet, they wouldn't have simply left shit behind.

Dons cap of GM'ness

Mr Director, You are telling me that your troops went back into the middle of an active war zone to clear out every pocket of dead solderer, every file cabinet of every Intel structure/vehicle, all the usb drives from everywhere. Load up every single trashed 60 ton tank onto the back of a truck and haul it out just for scrap metal?

You are going to have to do some serious RPing if you want to convince anyone that happened.

Edited by my new new nation

Well, they wouldn't have had to "go back" anywhere, they were already there. And in any case, even if Alvonia did get the remains of all these tanks, I fail to see how that suddenly gives them knowledge about literally every aspect of my military as is being rp'd.

I never specified your tanks. I specified Belarusian equipment, which is a really, really wide range of things. You also did have to go somewhere to get at least some of the tanks, since you had tanks that rolled up to the minefields to shoot at my positions across from the minefields, so your recovery teams would have to go back into Alvonia (and therefore, back into the fire) to get your tanks. I tried to cover a broad range, since I didn't know what exactly I would even find; I assumed there'd be at least one AK variant lying around, maybe a pistol of some kind, tanks, depending on how badly they were destroyed, can still give me an idea of how capable it is, and might even have a usable or somewhat working communication system. All of that also assumes, though, that none of your soldiers just forgot a radio somewhere.

Yes, but your post basically comes down to "Now we know everything about their military." That's rather hard to do when all you have is an AK variant, a radio, a pistol, and some destroyed tanks. And besides, you hit those tanks with numerous AGM-65s, are you honestly expecting there to be much left? Similarly, if you're fishing those small arms off dead soldiers, they would hardly be in the best condition, considering that the soldiers most likely got hit by an artillery shell...

Edited by Mr Director

No.

I said I have technical intelligence. I have an idea, however small it may be, about the abilities of your military's equipment like what I pointed out. Assuming of course, whatever I find is in decent enough condition, I can figure out how these leftover and lost equipment works, which in turn is going to give my forces overall a better idea of how to fight your forces next time we meet. I already have an idea of how your forces operate from the, what is it now, 3 times we've fought each other? I'm not claiming to know how your command structure works or what kind of toast your best general likes in the morning, all I'm finding and looking for here is stuff that I can compare to my equipment.

Also, I don't quite remember hitting your tanks with AGM-65s. I hit them with a lot of other things, but I don't remember hitting them with tons of AGM-65s.

Again, assuming of course each and every tank was hit directly (which may be possibly, but unlikely at best) and also assuming that each and every tank is a burning mess of wrecked steel. It doesn't take a direct hit to kill a tank, or make someone leave it behind and declare it "lost".

What's making this really amusing to read is that the significance of the event is pretty low.

The reasonable assumption, that should be backed up by GM ruling would be that Byelorussian equipment was found, but the extent to which technical intelligence can be found from it is limited to pretty much a few working small arms (just cause the soldier dies doesn't mean his rifle gets destroyed too) and a few crappy tanks. Because either the tank was taken out directly, in which case it suffered severe damage, or it got merely immobilised, in which case the crew normally would, in case they give up the vehicle, try to prevent it from being usable.

Now, the amount of information that can be derrived is pretty small, because the tecnical intelligence is pretty much on what kind of small arms and tanks Belarus works with. Which I assume to be old Soviet stock. Finding like some AK variant, a Makarov and a killed T-72 or T-80 (or even T-90) is most likely giving you info about exactly one thing useful, which is the armour profile of the enemy tanks. Which has limited tactical value. The rifle... I mean, what do you want of small arms? Even if you'd know now how horridly inaccurate or accurate they can be, it isn't really anything that should change considerations, because the capabilities of the assault rifle were kind of known before and a pistol is a pistol. The tank too isn't some technological wonder weapon and pretty much no capability will come as a surprise, nor will you be able to greatly manufacture special counter-systems (even if it wasn't no custom tech). And a tank radio? That'd carry value if your people were unable to produce radios of Soviet quality. It's not like you captured a Byelorussian submarine with Mr Director's equivalent of the Enigma.

Overall, Mr Director shouldn't claim to have just left nothing behind and Markus shouldn't pretent he found some treasure trove of information. The greatest value of a captured AK rifle is that you can give it a soldier who can now use it. You people are too hung up on systems which aren't sophisticated enough to be of that great importance. This isn't WWII where you care a lot about captured tanks (and even WWII was decided by other factors). Come back when you capture something like a F-22 or an enemy AEGIS destroyer.