CNRP Ascending OOC Thread...

Captain Enema

Let me be very clear, yet very honest at the same time here: I do not know you outside of CNRP, and I haven't really had a chance to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I will try to do so here. However two things bother me here.

My behavior in CNRP2 was validated because I was fighting against someone who was abusing the power entrusted to them to impact ic events in their favor.

To me, this seems fairly subjective. Again, I will be honest in that I was not fully aware of what was going on in the various threads in CNRP2. I noticed a lot of drama, and I chose to not get involved or care. But I did see some fairly juvenile posts from you, that while may be optional in content and canon, were glib in style and fairly pointless other than to add fuel to the fire. Regardless of whether you felt they were justified, they did nothing for people like me, who were reading the thread and thinking "Is this guy for real? Seriously?" and then to see you come here with essentially the same toolbox. It just concerns me for the next time something doesn't go your way, or something you think is an abuse.

The behavior will not be repeated here so long as the same abuses do not recur.

I see this as a sort of threat. That so long as we don't step on your toes, or infringe on you and refrain from doing what you perceive as an abuse, you won't go ballistic. Again, the same overall concerns.

Look, I don't have any real issues with you personally and I don't think there is any reason to suspect you would flip out again based on how I know the GM's will work here. I just think coming in with the same ludicrous Mars and Dragons stuff seems a bit too much after what happened. I hope you can see where I am coming from.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be very clear, yet very honest at the same time here: I do not know you outside of CNRP, and I haven't really had a chance to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I will try to do so here. However two things bother me here.

To me, this seems fairly subjective. Again, I will be honest in that I was not fully aware of what was going on in the various threads in CNRP2. I noticed a lot of drama, and I chose to not get involved or care. But I did see some fairly juvenile posts from you, that while may be optional in content and canon, were glib in style and fairly pointless other than to add fuel to the fire. Regardless of whether you felt they were justified, they did nothing for people like me, who were reading the thread and thinking "Is this guy for real? Seriously?" and then to see you come here with essentially the same toolbox. It just concerns me for the next time something doesn't go your way, or something you think is an abuse.

I see this as a sort of threat. That so long as we don't step on your toes, or infringe on you and refrain from doing what you perceive as an abuse, you won't go ballistic. Again, the same overall concerns.

Look, I don't have any real issues with you personally and I don't think there is any reason to suspect you would flip out again based on how I know the GM's will work here. I just think coming in with the same ludicrous Mars and Dragons stuff seems a bit too much after what happened. I hope you can see where I am coming from.

Believe it or not, the Mars and the Dragons stuff.. was not what everyone was arguing about. Nor was it the catalyst that resulted in the events that lead to me rping out the annihilation of the world. It wasn't just an abuse in my eyes. I confirmed the events with the two gms who had been undermined by the third. Trust me, you didn't see the main cause of all the garbage that blew up. It had more to do with space planes, canons in space, and satellites than it had anything to do with the items you have mentioned.

The Dragon stuff had been part of my op canon from day 1. It wasn't there for luls, it's a genuine part of my rp.  The Mars stuff is based on my IG nation having a colony. My main goal in cnrp is simply to rp out the existence of my CN nation. I also like to make stuff. Realistically possible stuff.. like satellites, warships, etc in simulators. It is simply fun.

What happened that caused the ruckus was that I was going to destroy their (Voodoo's) coalition's entire satellite fleet because of my approved space planes. 2/3 gms had okayed it and so had Voodoo briefly before he realized that stipulating that the devices must work independently was still going to permit the ship to function as canon. When he realized that he edited his post, which many people saw happen, to say they were only optional canon and could be ignored. Let me emphasize this fact... the gm saw it was not going to be to his advantage ic, and revised his post mid-stride. Dishonest and it proved he was not weighing matters objectively.

Given the x-37b space plane's first successful mission concluded in 2014 I won't even have military space planes in this rp for at least a year.. giving the GMs here plenty to make an unbiased decision on how they would want to handle a weaponized version of the craft instead of it happening in the middle of a war.. and being vetoed by the side who benefits most. But basically, there was a GM circumventing the rules while mostly inactive gms watched.. resulting in spectacular abuse of power. So I said, screw it. I'll use everything in my nation's arsenal to scorch the wretched, corrupt world and prevent humanity from even being able to see space for a few thousand years. If they can cheat at will, there was no reason for me to play the game they wanted me to play.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

If he does flip out, he's toast. 

Puts a poor pixel infantry on the altar to the nuke gods and waits for the enemy nuke to hit them. "O great Nookzus.. please take this offering and give me greater strength that I may destroy my enemies when I return fire!"

Oh wait.. soldier count is important here? Crap I better get this guy off the altar! :P

I'm fine with it, now that I've aired my feelings on the matter. I doubt there will be any issues, but I wanted to make sure some of the misgivings were shared. Welcome aboard, Mael. I know you don't need my approval but still. You have it.

I appreciate that. I am glad you aired it so I could address it from my perspective.

@Lysergide: Humans are pretty stupid too at times so I guess that puts them on even footing :P

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

*Dons his GM Hat*

Alrighty, considering that stories of a certain few were found to be in conflict, the GM's have discussed and agreed to the following:

Anything that is brought from CNRP2 is considered optional recognition between players (Like say a treaty or history between the two) until both players recognize it as canon, therefore making it canon. Other players cannot force others to recognize CNRP2-related things, and any who do will face the wrath from the GM team.

In addition, the story between Mael, Jesbro and Mogar is that the war happened, all three nations being damaged by the war outright and SEATO still remains an "active" organization, more or less being defunct de-facto due to each nation/country's focus being on rebuilding and internal projects.

If either of the above three wishes to reroll as something new, a simple government and name change won't be enough, borders will have to be fixed accordingly and to be discussed with both the GM team and the appointed map maker to smooth things out.

*Dons his GM Hat*

Alrighty, considering that stories of a certain few were found to be in conflict, the GM's have discussed and agreed to the following:

Anything that is brought from CNRP2 is considered optional recognition between players (Like say a treaty or history between the two) until both players recognize it as canon, therefore making it canon. Other players cannot force others to recognize CNRP2-related things, and any who do will face the wrath from the GM team.

In addition, the story between Mael, Jesbro and Mogar is that the war happened, all three nations being damaged by the war outright and SEATO still remains an "active" organization, more or less being defunct de-facto due to each nation/country's focus being on rebuilding and internal projects.

If either of the above three wishes to reroll as something new, a simple government and name change won't be enough, borders will have to be fixed accordingly and to be discussed with both the GM team and the appointed map maker to smooth things out.

Dons his gm pith helmet

Dear downtrodden masses, I approve of this message.

removes GM pith helmet and goes to work.

I haven't seen any rules about protectorates, however I haven't seen anyone claim protectorates. There is no rule that I am missing, is there?

There is protectorate rules in the OP of the GM thread, however there is a time delay in place before anyone can claim protectorates.

Edited by Mogar

Protectorate garrisoning

Protectorates must be garrisoned. There are two different types of garrisons. The first, 15,000 men for the purposes of ensuring outside parties stay out and keeping eyes in the area without quashing local political and economic activity. The second, 75,000 or more for the purposes of keeping the region under your control and preventing from attaining self-rule. This rule applies for protectorates larger than 1/4th your current holdings. Under 1/4th divide the numbers by 1/2. 

Newly rolled nations will not attempt to individually gain  or control protectorates for a period of four weeks after they have icly declared their national sovereignty.  Further, newly created nations will not attempt to expand their borders through annexing for a period of 4 weeks. 

would anybody be interested in helping me rp a civil war? i want to have a revolution, which will be successful, but i also want practice fighting and i figure the best way to do that is to let someone else control one of the sides

you can pick your side but you know it's me so the revolutionaries are gonna be anarchists

would anybody be interested in helping me rp a civil war? i want to have a revolution, which will be successful, but i also want practice fighting and i figure the best way to do that is to let someone else control one of the sides

you can pick your side but you know it's me so the revolutionaries are gonna be anarchists

Which country are you shooting for?