• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get an SDI in 2 days, bring it on! :)

You're 30k NS with less than 500 tech.  Even on the winning side of global wars, nations your size end up getting decimated by the 70k NS nations falling down to your range with 5 times more tech than you and just enough infra to buy nukes.  This war won't be over tomorrow.  Post again in 30 days or so and let me know how your nation's holding up.

I feel foolish now for worrying about an NpO counter-blitz. I guess what they threw at NG was just about everyone they had capable of declaring offensive wars.

Soon those other 200 nations won't even have the option to declare offensive wars, as they'll all be in anarchy. Even if Polar had a strategy to all become micro-nations so they can be a big version of GOONS.. it makes no sense not to do all the damage you can on the way down.

It seems despite my low opinion of Polarsphere's military prowess, I still managed to overestimate them. xD

When the whole of XX gets engaged, there will be plenty of tough fighting in the midtiers as well. It's too early to make similar considerations.

Far as I am aware, only the top tier is being told not to fight. You'll see more mid-tier Polars entering as the restrictions on declaring were just lifted now that we know who was sent after us.

You are so impatient. First you were crying about Polar entering so you could oA in on us, and now you're crying because Polar aren't attacking all of you despite a 55 mil to 12 mil advantage.

Ok buddy

/me shrugs have it your way. I will admit I'm impatient though :)

TIFDTT lost btw.

No strategy would've changed that once the war started :P

Wait you expect us to come out punching at you guys with 55 mil NS against us, and throw literally every nation we have into the fray right away?

Not going to even discuss how ridiculous of a strategy that is.

Btw, I'm horrible at war. :ehm:

My god, it's like you have some sort of allies and are expecting a possible counter attack on those alliances at war with you, rather than spreading yourselves too thin

THIS IS MADNESS!

My god, it's like you have some sort of allies and are expecting a possible counter attack on those alliances at war with you, rather than spreading yourselves too thin

THIS IS MADNESS!

No, it's like most of their mid/low nations aren't good enough to fight more than 3 wars, or are too inactive to go to peace mode, or something. It's been a few years since I've been in a war and I was just expecting more.

If they were really going to just rely on their allies targeting, why only have 10 nations in peace mode? Edited by Big Ego

No, it's like most of their mid/low nations aren't good enough to fight more than 3 wars, or are too inactive to go to peace mode, or something. It's been a few years since I've been in a war and I was just expecting more.

If they were really going to just rely on their allies targeting, why only have 10 nations in peace mode?

You picked some incredibly small targets and still have yet to attack me despite all this "Polar is garbage" talk. Edit: Now you're in anarchy. Feel free to come find me when you are ready. Also pointing out the FTW 60k and below nations are horrible. Going to be a tough one for those guys.

And we don't have everyone in peace mode because what war are we saving them for? We are here to fight and not hiding from anything. Honestly, how many wars does CN have left? The perpetual "saving for next war" tactic doesn't help much when there is 6000 nations.

THIS IS MADNESS!

Something like that!

Edited by Starfox101

I don't think the enemy is psychologically prepared to deal with Polaris in a long term war. The fact they used so many alliances in the counter really demonstrates a lack of confidence and willingness to fight among many of the nations within those alliances, and they are uncertain why they are fighting against us.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I don't think the enemy is psychologically prepared to deal with Polaris in a long term war.

Would be nice if you could keep your opinion/politic posting in the 40 other threads, and leave this for stats please.

Edited by hartfw

I don't think the enemy is psychologically prepared to deal with Polaris in a long term war. The fact they used so many alliances in the counter really demonstrates a lack of confidence and willingness to fight among many of the nations within those alliances, and they are uncertain why they are fighting against us.

It's cybernations

Only like two people know things

You picked some incredibly small targets and still have yet to attack me despite all this "Polar is garbage" talk. Edit: Now you're in anarchy. Feel free to come find me when you are ready. Also pointing out the FTW 60k and below nations are horrible. Going to be a tough one for those guys.

They weren't that small at the start, they both had 20 nukes. I could've down-declared worse. I didn't realize you were in range.. I have 3 defensive slots open btw. I love how you keep acting like you don't know !@#$ about war, I don't know maybe it's not an act. When we're countered, is no one going to down declare? Yeah I should probably stop using nukes too, to be more honorable right? Hahaha

One of your guys FINALLY gathered intel on me (after like 5 failed attemps), how's my warchest? :smug:

And we don't have everyone in peace mode because what war are we saving them for? We are here to fight and not hiding from anything. Honestly, how many wars does CN have left? The perpetual "saving for next war" tactic doesn't help much when there is 6000 nations.

Then why not tell your people to counter attack while they can? The only way your claimed strategy here makes any sense is if you're trying to minimilze damage to your nations. (and hand the damage off to your allies, apparently)

e: grammar

Edited by Big Ego

They weren't that small at the start, they both had 20 nukes. I could've down-declared worse. I didn't realize you were in range.. I have 3 defensive slots open btw. I love how you keep acting like you don't know !@#$ about war, I don't know maybe it's not an act. When we're countered, is no one going to down declare? Yeah I should probably stop using nukes too, to be more honorable right? Hahaha

One of your guys FINALLY gathered intel on me (after like 5 failed attemps), how's my warchest? :smug:

Then why not tell your people to counter attack while they can? The only way your claimed strategy here makes any sense is if you're trying to minimilze damage to your nations. (and hand the damage off to your allies, apparently)

e: grammar

Congrats on having slots open. I've been trading nukes for days now and obviously can't declare war.You weren't in anarchy as of yesterday and could of hit me. "I didn't realize you were in range", really? I asked you to attack me. And go ahead and down declare. Just don't down declare and pretend to be the king of 500 tech wars. You're going to be fighting WRC nations in a few weeks and it's not going to be pleasant, I can tell you from experience. So I guess continue pretending you are god's gift to war until then.

I gathered the intel and succeeded first try, and it's pretty decent I guess, but why haven't you bought any tech if you have 600 mil? Makes little sense. And counter while we can? What do you even mean?

Edited by Starfox101

Congrats on having slots open. I've been trading nukes for days now and obviously can't declare war.You weren't in anarchy as of yesterday and could of hit me. "I didn't realize you were in range", really? I asked you to attack me. And go ahead and down declare. Just don't down declare and pretend to be the king of 500 tech wars. You're going to be fighting WRC nations in a few weeks and it's not going to be pleasant, I can tell you from experience. So I guess continue pretending you are god's gift to war until then.

I gathered the intel and succeeded first try, and it's pretty decent I guess, but why haven't you bought any tech if you have 600 mil? Makes little sense. And counter while we can? What do you even mean?

What was saying "btw I'm horrible at war" supposed to be you asking me? Anyway, while I am definitely not bad at war, I didn't bring up my war abiltiies, you guys did.

663 mil actually, and I was about to start buying tech if not for the war. Any new nations at this point should prepare for war first, save up those tech deals, before starting to buy tech. Otherwise you're just going to get knocked down with no money to rebuild. In this war now, you can crush me but there isn't much to crush and I will have an easier time rebuilding after than someone who didn't save up.

What do I mean by countering while you can? Your nations are in war mode, they're being attacked, nuked, put into anarchy. You can't declare wars in anarchy. With the exception of poorly prepared nations, everyone should try to declare at least one or two offensive wars before being anarchied. I was surprised by the number of nations you had that didn't declare counter offensives. I shouldn't have posted my observation publically, however. My massive war boner drained the blood from my head. :) Discussing war strategy in public, with the enemy, not the greatest idea.

Since we're already here though, I will add that in a defensive war this seems even stupider. You need all the offensive war slots you can get, you're going to ask your allies to cover people that you yourselves could have covered. In the end I believe this will make things easier for us, not you.

Edited by Big Ego

I think you just discussed war strategy in public , with the enemy. You also gave out your exact war chest, just in case anyone not in polar missed it :).

Anyway apart from the chest pumping from everyone , looking forward to seeing moar stats !

Big Ego Diplomacy at work:

canikdiplomacy.png

I guess I'll stop digging now, since Starfox isn't replying with his own strategic philosophies. Just feigning ignorance and attacking my war ability/character. Well played, you win this round. :P

Edited by Big Ego

What was saying "btw I'm horrible at war" supposed to be you asking me? Anyway, while I am definitely not bad at war, I didn't bring up my war abiltiies, you guys did.

663 mil actually, and I was about to start buying tech if not for the war. Any new nations at this point should prepare for war first, save up those tech deals, before starting to buy tech. Otherwise you're just going to get knocked down with no money to rebuild. In this war now, you can crush me but there isn't much to crush and I will have an easier time rebuilding after than someone who didn't save up.

What do I mean by countering while you can? Your nations are in war mode, they're being attacked, nuked, put into anarchy. You can't declare wars in anarchy. With the exception of poorly prepared nations, everyone should try to declare at least one or two offensive wars before being anarchied. I was surprised by the number of nations you had that didn't declare counter offensives. I shouldn't have posted my observation publically, however. My massive war boner drained the blood from my head. :) Discussing war strategy in public, with the enemy, not the greatest idea.

Since we're already here though, I will add that in a defensive war this seems even stupider. You need all the offensive war slots you can get, you're going to ask your allies to cover people that you yourselves could have covered. In the end I believe this will make things easier for us, not you.

You're arguing Polar should have mass countered every alliance attacking us still? I understand you're either new or a re-roll but that's just not going to happen with any alliance, anywhere. Also, you're telling us we should be in peace. If we were in peace, you'd be crying we are in peace. Since we aren't in peace, you're crying we aren't attacking you. When do you stop complaining? You are so desperate to attempt to make us look bad you don't realize you sound like a gigantic baby. The onus in not on us to hit - you declared on us. Put some people on us and stop crying in every thread about Polar. We literally have had no contact with, and have done nothing to FTW - ever. So, this obsession you've drawn with us is a bit pointless. Hop off the bandwagon.

Also, you were sitting here talking about how bad Polar is at war. Don't try and pretend we called you out.

It's clear this is your first major war though, and it's somewhat shocking you already lead an alliance. I guess there isn't much talent over in FTW. Every alliance that gets jumped on takes a beating early, and when upper tier nations are knocked to the mid and smaller tier, that is when the alliance begins to counter attack. I guess you'll just have to wait and see when you're getting hit by WRC nukes.

And with that, I take my leave here. Thank you for the stats, Shadow. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Starfox101

You're arguing Polar should have mass countered every alliance attacking us still? I understand you're either new or a re-roll but that's just not going to happen with any alliance, anywhere. Also, you're telling us we should be in peace. If we were in peace, you'd be crying we are in peace. Since we aren't in peace, you're crying we aren't attacking you. When do you stop complaining? You are so desperate to attempt to make us look bad you don't realize you sound like a gigantic baby. The onus in not on us to hit - you declared on us. Put some people on us and stop crying in every thread about Polar. We literally have had no contact with, and have done nothing to FTW - ever. So, this obsession you've drawn with us is a bit pointless. Hop off the bandwagon.

Also, you were sitting here talking about how bad Polar is at war. Don't try and pretend we called you out.

It's clear this is your first major war though, and it's somewhat shocking you already lead an alliance. I guess there isn't much talent over in FTW. Every alliance that gets jumped on takes a beating early, and when upper tier nations are knocked to the mid and smaller tier, that is when the alliance begins to counter attack. I guess you'll just have to wait and see when you're getting hit by WRC nukes.

Criticism =/= Crying

You really think I'm upset that Polar is weaker/more inactive than I expected? Nah, I was just trying to make you look bad/make you feel bad. However, it was uncalled for, and people don't want this thread filled with it. I got over-zealous in my trash talk, that's all. :)