I would liken Polaris to Minas Tirith, a remnant of the glory of a great ancient civilization, beset on all sides by the forces of darkness.

Roturn_King-Minas_Tirith.jpg

The thing is, most recognize what that side is. You've only been able to speak out against them because you have nothing to lose, while or those who ignored it or joined them did so to protect their own members and allies. Your efforts would be better spent in back room channels and embassies, trying to gain the support of many of those who you indirectly speak out against on the OWF, you need many of them. I still think the neutrals top tiers will get taken care of after the demolishing of XX/AF's.

If this discussion was not in the stats thread I'd be happy to participate further.

It doesn't matter, actions speak louder than words.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a democracy would keep NpO truer to it's values than the Emperor system. I'm sure my opinion is in the minority and I don't know if anyone in NpO would agree with me.. but that's my personal opinion on it, none the less. If you want to change my mind and don't want to clutter this thread, feel free to PM me.

i believe polaris knows best what form of gov should they choose....

And i didn't say they haven't been playing competitively. Its really as simple as that, XX/AF are too honorable to act on nothing but their non-existent actions only stagnant the game. Just move over and let those who are willing to politically outplay their opponents competitively lead the way. 1000's of people rely on that game to be won for them so they can win on the battlefield.

nahhh...we may loose in stats but we see it like a glass half full. losing this war could also make us stronger and tighter, there are other things we will take any day even if we loose our pixels. AFM will always be that we can't do a 180 direction change, just like the other block (lulzist), it will hurt us more than benefit.

I would have played in differently as to how polar have played it. But honestly who cares this isn't a ic thread. I for one have to say props to polar for fighting balls out. Takes a lot of courage to do that. All have to really say os let's just have a good fight. Be it AZTEC C&G or XX.

nahhh...we may loose in stats but we see it like a glass half full. losing this war could also make us stronger and tighter, there are other things we will take any day even if we loose our pixels. AFM will always be that we can't do a 180 direction change, just like the other block (lulzist), it will hurt us more than benefit.

You deserve credit for fighting for your allies though when you know you'll get rolled, (every block does) some alliances do everything they can to avoid being rolled even if they have to abandoned allies which is why they typically hold multiple treaties with aa's from different blocks. These alliances will always be followers in that sense and will become proactive politically towards the winning side before war breaks out. If they're caught on the losing side, they'll just ignore treaties. You make commitments and honor them, AF can only be applauded for that.

Am i wrong in saying the only block that benefits from the outcome of this global war is Doomphere? What does NDO gain except their egos re-inflated? After Grudge and Dave when NDO helped roll XX, practically destroying their top tiers, then came Equilibrium and no one has a top tier to be effective against MK, Umb and co. NPO claims to bring order to chaos which is probably true sometimes but you'll be needing all those your currently doing everything you can to destroy right now. Played like a Puppet (again). ^_^

This is true of most alliances, which come and go, they do well while they're on the winning side and everything is working in their favor but then comes the trials and tribulations, the miscalculations and the losing wars and who is left standing?

Eh.... LSF?

You deserve credit for fighting for your allies though when you know you'll get rolled, (every block does) some alliances do everything they can to avoid being rolled even if they have to abandoned allies which is why they typically hold multiple treaties with aa's from different blocks. These alliances will always be followers in that sense and will become proactive politically towards the winning side before war breaks out. If they're caught on the losing side, they'll just ignore treaties. You make commitments and honor them, AF can only be applauded for that.

Am i wrong in saying the only block that benefits from the outcome of this global war is Doomphere? What does NDO gain except their egos re-inflated? After Grudge and Dave when NDO helped roll XX, practically destroying their top tiers, then came Equilibrium and no one has a top tier to be effective against MK, Umb and co. NPO claims to bring order to chaos which is probably true sometimes but you'll be needing all those your currently doing everything you can to destroy right now. Played like a Puppet (again). ^_^

Eh, its not necessary for alliances holding treaty with more than one spheres to snivel their way out to fight alongside the winning coalition. For example: LSF and SWF had 2 treaties in opposing blocks before our DoW (and when ICR decided they better be pussies)- SNX and Atlas.
But we decided to go with SNX even after we were offered by Atlas a place in the winning coalition because we owed it to them for their contribution in the FAN siege on UCR.