Returning to the Old Ways

Mara Lithaen

When CNRP2 began, it was created as a haven for those players with less massive NS and tech numbers. For a time, nations over 50k NS could not join whatsoever. Then, we transitioned to optional recognition, which was still a pretty good way of going about things. Then, recognition of 50k+ NS players became mandatory, though their stats were a bit limited.This, above all else, is what is effectively causing CNRP2 to simply be CNRP with a new skin. The 50k NS rule was created to lock out high-powered players to make room for "smaller nations and bigger stories".

Look where we are now.

What I propose is this: Reinstitute either a. banning 50k+ NS players from CNRP2, or, b. optional recognition of 50k+ NS players. A possible third option would be to introduce preplanned wars, such that if a player over 50k NS requests a war with a sub-50k NS player and the sub-50k says "I don't want to go to war", then no war can happen.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two suggested methods:

1. Mandatory preplanned wars.

2  Ban list for people who have been known to participate in behavior detrimental to the community.

The problem isn't over 50's, it's specific players over 50k.

Heyho, there already is a mechanism for kicking people, you know. And if that doesn't work, I don't know what you expect will work.

Ascend the unjust path......

There are two very distinct playing styles that are constantly in conflict. You have the Technology whores who love their fiddly shiny bits and all that crap. Then you have the rp drama mamas who love their waxy prose and all that stuff. 

The two really can't coexist peacefully. The challenge then becomes separating them. 

I alternatively suggest mass murder of all cnrp by inviting everyone out to a free chinese buffet and poisoning the sour rolls. 

lol "smaller nations and bigger stories," really? I am unimpressed with what passes for writing around here. You all think you're a bunch of Hermingways and Faulkners. Lets be serious, you couldn't be big dogs in real CNRP, so you went to another playground, but those big mean bullies followed you and won't let you dominate them, so now you want them gone. Don't act like anything else is going on here.

Ascend the unjust path......

There are two very distinct playing styles that are constantly in conflict. You have the Technology whores who love their fiddly shiny bits and all that crap. Then you have the rp drama mamas who love their waxy prose and all that stuff. 

The two really can't coexist peacefully. The challenge then becomes separating them. 

I alternatively suggest mass murder of all cnrp by inviting everyone out to a free chinese buffet and poisoning the sour rolls. 

You act like I'd be caught dead in a Chinese buffet.  

The way I see it, CNRP2 is slowly but surely returning to the ways of CNRP1. Then tensions will slowly but surely escalate to such a point that CNRP3 will be formed, and that will slowly but surely turn into shit, and the same will go for CNRP4. Ad nauseum until the world implodes. Such is life.

Sad, I know, but it's true.

I only went to one of those once, it was to feed underprivileged children. This isn't soviet Russia.

Maybe it's Maoist China?

Also, as a person who has argued against kicking players from RPs on principle, I still argue against it and any further measures to start removing people. Mechanisms to remove people will always be used to remove those politically most convenient, not necessarily those who actually caused intentional harm to the community. Not that the mechanism prevents horrid behaviour. The sole proven outcome is that people start reconsidering putting greater amounts of effort into the RP, because you don't invest in something with the Sword of Damocles of getting kicked out with no return at any given moment.This is not how quality RP comes about.

because you don't invest in something with the Sword of Damocles of getting kicked out with no return at any given moment.This is not how quality RP comes about.

Yeah, I dunno anything about that feeling at all.

I support either or both of the banning of nations 50k ns and over, and/or the creation of a banlist of toxic and detrimental players.

I really just don't understand this senseless hateboner some of you have for nations over 50k NS. It's so arbitrary and dumb, and implies that... what, sub-50k nations are never war-mongering, or petty, or toxic? A banlist is an even worse idea, since we all know 90 per cent of the people proposed to be on said list would just be put forth out of spite rather than for any real reason.

I really just don't understand this senseless hateboner some of you have for nations over 50k NS. It's so arbitrary and dumb, and implies that... what, sub-50k nations are never war-mongering, or petty, or toxic? A banlist is an even worse idea, since we all know 90 per cent of the people proposed to be on said list would just be put forth out of spite rather than for any real reason.

Ban them all!

+50,000

so much this

it's like what i've been thinking the entire time but apparently nobody said it before now

The 50k+ voting just lacks a rationale, because it assumes a direct relation between NS and the degree of douchebaggery of the owner of the nation. and I think we don't need to argue that there hardly is any proof for such an assumption, because you can be swell above 50k NS, you can be an idiot below.

And to those who think specific people need to go, for whatever reason, there are mechanisms for this. It just needs an unanimous approval of the GMs and then a three-thirds supermajority in the community. Sure, that's not easy. It's actually pretty hard to kick people out that way, but it also is not supposed to be easy. Because honestly, if you can't get a convincing enough argument that votes would meet such criteria, I think you might want to reconsider whether the person really is toxic to the RP, or whether it is just your personal problem with another person.

Not that I'd advocate any bans, but we honestly, we need not expand the rules on this matter further, when there's already rules for it.