Political side of cyber nations

Talkinsomesense

Not an unreasonable question, but probably unreasonable for anyone to actually spend the hours required to explain why the world is the way it is after the last 8 years of play. Plus almost every part of it would be up for debate.

Any neutral opinion would be find i just want to understand more about the dynamics of this game.

The politics here are fluid. There is a web of treaties that bind alliances to one another. Take a step back and you'll see that these webs divide CN into two roughly-defined 'sides', with a small (third) group of alliances tied to both sides. There are also neutral alliances. (Ignore them. They are a waste of space and not worthy of consideration.)

That's about as deep as one can go without getting into specifics, and has been said before there are multiple interpretations of who is 'good', 'bad' or what have you.

If you find the latest update in this thread, you will see some of the larger alliances in the game, their relative strength, number of members and so on.

As far as who is allied to whom, on the CN Wiki there is a list of active blocs that is as good a place as any to start.

Finally, as to which alliance you should join, I would recommend Nordreich, since one of their founders (*waves*) was helpful toward you instead of acting like a dick for their own amusement.

There are at least 10 identifiable factions which are allied to other factions in numerous ways. In aggregate, all the alliances are allied to all the other alliances through various indirect ties, but in reality there are broader alignments where each alliance within all those alliances would pick one faction over another if given the choice between them. Due to this, what sides are if things escalate to a global war is very circumstantial and due to various influences, diplomacy at the highest level of this game is persuading alliances to pick their faction in a war they want to start or one which they anticipate that they are the target of.

The politics here are fluid. There is a web of treaties that bind alliances to one another. Take a step back and you'll see that these webs divide CN into two roughly-defined 'sides', with a small (third) group of alliances tied to both sides. There are also neutral alliances. (Ignore them. They are a waste of space and not worthy of consideration.)

That's about as deep as one can go without getting into specifics, and has been said before there are multiple interpretations of who is 'good', 'bad' or what have you.

If you find the latest update in this thread, you will see some of the larger alliances in the game, their relative strength, number of members and so on.

As far as who is allied to whom, on the CN Wiki there is a list of active blocs that is as good a place as any to start.

Finally, as to which alliance you should join, I would recommend Nordreich, since one of their founders (*waves*) was helpful toward you instead of acting like a dick for their own amusement.

The sanction race? Really. Lol.

I'm going to take a shot at this at explaining the world from my perspective at some point today. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

What is the political atmosphere like here? Who controls the power? (Equally split or the top 90% type thing) What different types of alliances are there? What Ideologies do they follow?

Get out before you get sucked in.

It is your only hope.

( edit: spelling fail )

Edited by EEjack

The sanction race? Really. Lol.

I'm going to take a shot at this at explaining the world from my perspective at some point today. 

Yes, the sanction race, which I recommended as a list of major alliances. I did not suggest it as anything more than that. Are you so stupid that you can't comprehend the most basic sentence? Or is it that when you read something, you like to pretend that the author has said what you wished they said in order that you might score a few imaginary points?

Just trying to figure out whether to blame your educators or some pre-existent mental disorder.

Yes, the sanction race, which I recommended as a list of major alliances. I did not suggest it as anything more than that. Are you so stupid that you can't comprehend the most basic sentence? Or is it that when you read something, you like to pretend that the author has said what you wished they said in order that you might score a few imaginary points?

Just trying to figure out whether to blame your educators or some pre-existent mental disorder.

Eh, the sanction race has barely anything to do with politics. There's a reason its in the OOC forum. 

Here's what I think of the web in my mind:

thicker lines mean stronger bond and a circle is a sphere/bloc means most likely they will all roll together

x1MABii.png

Eh, the sanction race has barely anything to do with politics. There's a reason its in the OOC forum.  Here's what I think of the web in my mind:thicker lines mean stronger bond and a circle is a sphere/bloc means most likely they will all roll togetherx1MABii.png

That looks like a cunjumbled mess. :/
Ah well. At least we are the center of the universe. B)

Better than what it actually is.  This is with doomsphere treaties removed since idk what to do with them. On paper they are oDoAPs but they aren't:  PdJqxEF.png

Lol. No, I find your art to be eye pleasing. I was Just joking about how crazy the whole treaty web really is.
On critique of your graph, I'd say some type of combination of the two is most accurate. :P

The crux is that power really lies with a small amount of people, like it was back then. Most people arent as aware as a few in govts but general level of awareness is more amongst the masses say, compared to 5 years ago. Most dominating clique atm is the Lobster party, tho there are others such as Pull a Gonzo, barbarians and civilisation.

Edited by shahenshah

Sounds like my Military Treaties.

Classify them as MDAPs with 'don't be an idiot' clauses.

I agree that Optional and Mutual should classified as the same thing. ODPs have become something of a fad lately. Why can't anyone commit the whole way?

When war comes we'll see just how Optional those treaties really are.