Limitless Nexus Update

Sephiroth

Thanks. Even their leader, Sardonic, took more than 7x the damage after declaring on me, even without me having enough nukes to hit him with one. Didn't matter if they had 6k+ infra when declaring and me around 1k, the result was the same; except their infra losses were even more expensive. I don't see it as a beatdown when we're outdamaging until the end, but they'll think whatever helps them sleep better at night. I might of lost 1.5k tech, enduring daily nukes as I outdamaged them, but their losses likely exceed a billion dollar price tag. While the stats speak for themselves, losses in naval blockades cost them as well.

I'd dare say most of the Goons govt. took a beat down in this war as I too annihilated numerous govt. members over and over again in double damage on them wars both offensive and defensive...o/ LN o/ Limitless Destruction

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace was declared with LN. As was said before, ghosts have to negotiate their own terms. I don't really see how this could be clearer. Perhaps in a crudely photoshopped image with massive JPEG compression artifacts?

I like pictures and DoWs... :awesome:

Peace was declared with LN. As was said before, ghosts have to negotiate their own terms. I don't really see how this could be clearer. Perhaps in a crudely photoshopped image with massive JPEG compression artifacts?

We've had a NAP/ODP with War Jesus since August 30th, so their entry was legit and it would be a poor move by GOONS to reignite hostility with them after it had been assumed white peace was side wide.

What I love is that people still think that total damage done is the full picture of the war. In some cases it is, in most, it is not. From what I can tell, on an individual basis, the nations and ghosts of LN sustained far more damage than most individual nations in GOONs. So, while GOONs took more damage overall, LN/ghosts took more damage individually. 

Let's face it, there are several reasons why this is a white peace and not GOONs surrendering to LN. Thus, if overall damage meant a damn thing in this war, yes, GOONs would be surrendering. Instead, they were gracious enough to do white peace. People seriously need to lrn2stats.

The position of weakness in question:

Rump Cheese Total NS Lost: 4,482.06 NS
LN Total NS Lost to Rump Cheese: 14,657.81 NS

Including winning virtually every war that we fought by large margins. Please, go ahead and verify my numbers. However, a couple LN deleted a couple of the more embarrassing wars they had against us, so those stats may no longer be available.

*Something something about winning all my wars therefore GOONS won the war*

*Insult LN because they suck at war*

it's always nice to see a war come to an end, especially when it looks like everybody involved thinks they've won.

And everybody gets a medal and snack, right?  I really hope there are snacks.

Pretty $%&@ed up that Ken trusted SW and those end up on the OWF, really. Of course Ken dropped the ball by being that blatant, especially considering GOONS would have won a war of attrition handily, provided good coordination and willpower.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Well when a gov member of an AA suggests continuing to nuke his AA mates to get them to agree to white peace, you know you have a real winner...

I know right! That sounds like sound policy right there fo'sho! :popcorn:

We've had a NAP/ODP with War Jesus since August 30th, so their entry was legit and it would be a poor move by GOONS to reignite hostility with them after it had been assumed white peace was side wide.

There is a pretty good argument against any position that treats them as an actual alliance. When viewed in the very best light they are ghosts, loud ones, but still ghosts operating under the sanction of a larger group.

Can't blame GOONS for wanting to hold people responsible, and honestly I would hope they do.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Normally I would say it's bad form to post those, but in this case it's a direct and impeaching reply to Kens claim, sorry.

If you didnt want them posted you shouldnt have picked that particular fight.

And it's not like it's shocking news - if you asked 10 regular readers what he said to get peace, I bet 8 would have gotten it right the first try. I know I would have.

Is it still premature to start a pool?

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

There is a pretty good argument against any position that treats them as an actual alliance. When viewed in the very best light they are ghosts, loud ones, but still ghosts operating under the sanction of a larger group.

Can't blame GOONS for wanting to hold people responsible, and honestly I would hope they do.

If they didn't recognize War Jesus before, they most certainly do now. As for the logs, it's a good lesson in 'Don't spout off when your opponent can prove otherwise'.

If they didn't recognize War Jesus before, they most certainly do now. As for the logs, it's a good lesson in 'Don't spout off when your opponent can prove otherwise'.

Seriously, stop talking such a big game when you declare war with a few million in the bank. No one outside of goons gov wanted to give you peace.

Pretty $%&@ed up that Ken trusted SW and those end up on the OWF, really. Of course Ken dropped the ball by being that blatant, especially considering GOONS would have won a war of attrition handily, provided good coordination and willpower.

Anyone that knows Kashmir (and perhaps few of you do but that's you're problem, not ours) knows that transparency is paramount to our alliance. It's something we advertise to prospective members and what would you know, it's the seventh word in our charter (and one of the more defining statements). There are no gov-only forums or IRC channels, alliance matters are conducted not behind closed doors but for all of membership to view and participate in. So yes, PMs were posted, both mine and his. No, I was not going to bother summarizing and cherry-picking lines from a dozen or so messages (instead of posting them in their entirety) because someone might take umbrage in some hypothetical future situation that may never happen. Yes, the substance of the PMs directly involved my membership so they had every right to know what was up. No, I did not publicly leak the messages myself so kindly direct the nonsense elsewhere.

I realize it's politically convenient or otherwise prudent for some of you to feign offense but to withhold information from my membership is really the only part of this situation that would betray anyone's trust. Real talk.

I would have thought you of all people would have heard the phrase "You can't bullshit a bullshitter" at some point in life. Turns out, you've either never heard or didn't believe it. Drop the "it's for my alliance's integrity" act; it's very easy (and in fact, more of the information gets digested) if you post a good summary of the details. Of course, that leads to less public shaming.

I would have thought you of all people would have heard the phrase "You can't !@#$%^&* a !@#$%^&*ter" at some point in life. Turns out, you've either never heard or didn't believe it. Drop the "it's for my alliance's integrity" act; it's very easy (and in fact, more of the information gets digested) if you post a good summary of the details. Of course, that leads to less public shaming.

Rey, I like you. But don't tell us how our alliance should be run.

Maybe the words in other alliances' charters aren't as important to them, but transparency is something we take pretty seriously in Kashmir. And we take the integrity of our alliance pretty seriously as well. Maybe for others this isn't what the "game" is about, but for us it is. We also value our member's sovereignty and while that is probably as radical a belief as transparency and integrity seem to you, Jack, being the loud mouth dude that he is of course would respond the way he did in this thread. SW didn't intend the logs to be posted here but alas they were. 

Edited by YOLO SWAG

Sure didn't refute anything. Nope, not at all. I certainly didn't say words that contradict yours.

It's all well that you run your alliance your way, but don't bitch when you get called out on doing something that an "asshat" would.

Yes, I misread your contesting of a single point. Bravo. You missed my edit. Can we call it even?

Summarizing a lengthy exchange doesn't serve our purposes but if it's what you would want - or what you would do - how selfish of us to act any differently.  :(

As much as I can appreciate circular arguments and your willingness to engage in them I'll elect instead to save my sanity and refer you to my original post (do feel free to get the last word in). Only ones bitching here are those taking offense to internal Kashmir workings. But spin, Rey. Spin!

You can work how you want. That doesn't change perceptions or reality. The reality of the matter is an incredibly dumb member of yours posted communications that were clearly intended to be private in a public place.

It also doesn't change the effect actions have. You can wave your hands around and say, "it's how we do things," all you want, but you have to know the rest of the world gives no #&$/s whatsoever.

I feel confident saying GOONS had no issue with you before SBilly, but now I'm pretty sure even old friends are ticked at you, especially as you not only betrayed the trust (see this is one of those things that happened regardless of your reaaoning), but also continue to defend the actions.