Who has the best Draft Lineup?

IYIyTh

Draft Question!  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not recruiting good enough to warrant it :P XD

i will give u that :|

let me catch up on reading first :3

Legitimately good teams:

• Avakael: More thought went into this squad than can be justified. All the key elements are covered here and there's a lot of governing experience, not to mention two talented people in key functions: Roq on finance and kata on recruitment. A number of solid folks and major propaganda potential with both Schatt and Mogar. Value pick with Warrior.

<3

^_^

rawr

I voted for Gopher's team because it is full of win. Although I also wanted to vote for Avakael's team. Kahlan's team is currently handicapped by a lack of titles.

I hope these people do not have to work together to achieve any sort of victory. Otherwise they are all doomed.

Just for kicks, I've made a set of rules for anyone wanting to do their own draft and come up with a winner. I have compiled 5 government official's names from the top 55 or so non neutral alliances (some others were not included if I couldn't figure out who the up to date government was).

The government structure in the game is as follows (positions are fixed because each position is scored differently- you can rename them if you want to do theming stuff for fun);

President
Deputy President
Minister of War
Deputy Minister of War
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Interior
Deputy Minister of Interior
Minister of Economics
Deputy Minister of Economics

To play, move as follows.

1. Determine the number of players (5+ is best).
2. Put list of ruler names through a list randomizer.
3. Select the first (20 * number of players) ruler names and use that as your draft list.
4. Determine the order of selection however you see fit.
5. Select nation rulers one by one until everyone has selected 10. No player may select more than one ruler from each alliance.

Steps 6 and 7 are an optional trading round. Whether or not the trading round is played should be established before the draft list is generated.

6. Each player must select two nation rulers for trade.
7. Players then freely trade those two nations between each other until each player has made at least 2 trades. No player may finish step 7 with either nominated tradebait nation. Players may refuse any individual offer but 2 trades must be done. If only 1 possible trade is left that trade is automatically done. Players who whine should be slapped, repeatedly. A player may finish this period with multiple nation rulers from a single alliance if they somehow pull that off.

8. Players then assign their nation rulers to their government positions.

Scoring is done as follows;

Players check the statistics of the alliance of their nation ruler for each group, and score according to the success of each alliance compared against each other.

Presidents and Deputy Presidents are scored based on Votes percentage (you have to calculate this yourself). Alliances with a higher percentage of voting members receive a higher score.

Minsters of War and Deputy Ministers of War are scored based on Anarchy percentage (you have to calculate this yourself). Alliances with a lower percentage of nations in anarchy receive a higher score.

Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Ministers of Foreign Affairs are scored based on Peace Mode percentage (you have to calculate this yourself). Alliances with a lower percentage of nations in peace mode receive a higher score.

Ministers of Interior and Deputy Ministers of Interior are scored based on the Alliance Percentage Active. Alliances with a higher percentage active receive a higher score.

Ministers of Economics and Deputy Ministers of Economics are scored based on the Aid Slot Percentage. Alliances with a higher percentage of aid slots used receive a higher score.

Presidents and Ministers score 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 based on rank. Deputy Presidents and Deputy Ministers score 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 based on rank. In the event of a tie between any two or more players in any individual specific position, the scores are awarded evenly;

- Two players discover that their alliances have the same Anarchy percentage, and are ranked second and third accordingly. Both players receive 7 score if the tie is between Ministers of War, or 3.5 score if the tie is between Deputy Ministers of War.
- Three players discover that their alliances have the same Peace Mode percentage, and are ranked second, third and fourth accordingly. All three players receive 6 score if the tie is between Ministers of Foreign Affairs, or 3 score if the tie is between Deputy Ministers of Foreign Affairs.

The player with the highest score wins.

Edited by Avakael

Kahlan should've really had this one. Killer top 4 and then David Stilicho in the 10th and gambona out of nowhere in the 11th round. Stagger's got good picks in SoL and coniston. Gopher's got the most balanced squad, although replacing Rota for an IA guy would've been key. Ava's Roq/Walsh combo means the AA would be pretty well-run, and you can't go wrong with multiple people named "Warrior" something in your AA.

Not going to bother grading these, surprised at how a few picks went though.

oyababy will show you why we don't need ia

Levistus is actually very good at IA, well he is great at denying applications anyway.

I got IA covered, that's not something to be concerned about.

Also, I got a welcoming present for Pansy:

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/bcp001/20141016_190617.jpg

Edited by Lord Levistus