Round 33 Starts Friday

Round 33 will start Friday October 17th, mid-morning. It will be a 60 day round and afterwards we'll take a break until after the 1st of the year. I'm working on some small tweaks to the round, someone suggested the elimination of SDI. Thoughts/Ideas?

Round 33 will start Friday October 17th, mid-morning. It will be a 60 day round and afterwards we'll take a break until after the 1st of the year. I'm working on some small tweaks to the round, someone suggested the elimination of SDI. Thoughts/Ideas?

Removing the SDI would most likely created some major problems for less developed nations. By first war time, only a few nations can afford the MP without exhausting their WC. The few who can would hold even more power over other nations. Without the SDI, the non-MP opponent would have no defense from getting nuked 3-4 times. That kind of damage can be a major set back early round.

Another problem would be wars around day 45-55. When I have 2k tech and a WRC, and my opponents have half the tech with no SDI, I would dominate each one without doing anything more than nuking, as their tech would be quite low by day 3. However, with the SDI I would be forced to conserve my nukes, and even possibly run out mid-war.

I do think the SDI would change the game tactics and be interesting, but I would prefer no nukes in a future round to this.

Anyone buying SDI when they have no MP is missing the point of TE to begin with. No SDI makes a lot of sense, but perhaps increasing the amount of nukes a nation can buy per day in TE would accomplish the same result? The problem is there's no time to actually build a nuke stockpile to defeat SDI's with.

Anyone buying SDI when they have no MP is missing the point of TE to begin with. No SDI makes a lot of sense, but perhaps increasing the amount of nukes a nation can buy per day in TE would accomplish the same result? The problem is there's no time to actually build a nuke stockpile to defeat SDI's with.

I like this better. The base limit is currently 1 per day (2 with Weapons Wonder). Think it should be a base of 2 per day (3 with Weapons Wonder)?

I don't really agree with your first sentence. But the rest is fine.

Increasing the daily purchase limit to 2 nukes instead of getting rid of the SDI is a good idea imo.

You could make it even a little more interesting by making the SDI / WRC an either / or choice instead of being able to buy both.

That would definitely make you think it through before buying either.

Personally I think the limitations that have been put on nukes are a good thing. Removing the SDI just makes 1 nuke garunteed to hit 1 target which would be bad IMO. Always need a little bit of "unknown" to add a bit of spice.

Im not that in favour of 2 nukes per day. However, with the significant expense still in place it wouldnt be that bad. I just think its a better TE when nukes are not as plentiful as peanuts.

Omaha 1 nuke two nukes, what if we could strike twice a day with nukes. Sure chg the game a bit, bigger knock out punch. Keep the SDI's to off set double nuke strikes. Keep the Mp as last edition just add two strikes.

Edited by Hoosier

I say keep the SDI and one nuke per day limit unless you have the wonder that lets you purchase 2 (sorry I don't remember what it's called, I'm a noob). The only thing I can think of to change is to lower to price of nukes. Maybe start at 300k and cap out at 2.5 mil.

Just a thought. If you change the base purchase amount to 2, then Id suggest 4 for WRC. Double nukes as a incentive should stay. The massive cost increase, once you purchase the WRC surely wouldnt be worth the 1 extra nuke purchase ability.

Please don't listen to them, leave SDI as it is. There always has to be an element of some uncertainty and surprise imho  :smug:

A lot of nukes like it was before - 20/25 - is really boring. 

To restrict the number of nuke launches per day? If all thwarted - bad luck? What do you think?

Edited by kongland